PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having weirdness on their news page?

dudeman
01-29-2013, 12:37 PM
The question is in the title. (not posting a pic because I don't feel like removing names right now)

Someone randomly decided to tell me my true defense earlier today. Ok, that happens, but the weird thing was the comment appeared on my news two minutes before any attacks were made against me. When I questioned this person as to how heck they figured out my true defense before attacking me, they gave me a weird reply (just one post) about their clock not synching with the game, but then nope that wasn't it (they checked), and then now maybe it's my clock being weird.

Like I said, they replied with that whole mess in one post. What I would now like to know, is why did the one post take up three news feed slots, double post the new reply, and move the old comment (the one from before I was attacked) into a new group of comments called "2 other posts"?

I should have taken a screen shot of the first comment before the attack, since that's moved now. Dammit, I'm going to have to edit a pic aren't I? 

Ghost818
01-29-2013, 12:54 PM
This has happened to me before, not the comment before fight but the "and 2 other posts"

dudeman
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
This has happened to me before, not the comment before fight but the "and 2 other posts"

Ok, maybe it is something weird on my end because I can't edit the screen cap in the same editor I always use.

Anyways, right now my news looks like this, with the most recent story at the top:

1- Green comment
2- Green comment (same as above)
3- **** has posted on your wall - 2 more posts
4- Red attack

Before that reply came in and made everything even more weird, my news showed (still most recent on top):

1- Red attack from same person who commented
2- Green comment
3...- rest of earlier news

Story 2, the comment with my true defense, was posted by the same person who attacked me in story 1. But the first time they show on my news page is with story 2, which occurred two minutes prior to the attack. They now both read the same time though, and the more recent comment caused the earlier comment to group with it on the news page. They are an hour apart on my comment page though.

Edit: So according to my news, I have two comments more than what I actually had. The first comment somehow traveled back in time to occur before the attack against me which even made that comment possible, and then a new post was made which was somehow invisibly double posted to my comment page but was recorded twice on my news.

Killshot-CC
01-29-2013, 01:24 PM
The timing of the newsfeed appears to be different than the timing of the actual wall posts. Earlier today (and other times, too) I had a Reply appear in my newsfeed, but it didn't hit my wall for long after. I wonder if the newsfeed is triggered on the Send but then the actual posting has to go through a filter. This delay could account for the issues you had, especially if the posts were made in succession.

Scarface corleone
01-29-2013, 05:07 PM
The timing of the newsfeed appears to be different than the timing of the actual wall posts. Earlier today (and other times, too) I had a Reply appear in my newsfeed, but it didn't hit my wall for long after. I wonder if the newsfeed is triggered on the Send but then the actual posting has to go through a filter. This delay could account for the issues you had, especially if the posts were made in succession.

If I'm talking to someone via my wall, I can see on my news feed they have replied..
But I have to close the crime city app and reopen it, in order to read their comment immediately. It beats waiting for up to 15 minutes for it to finally come thru to my wall.
But I remember about 6 months ago we never had these problems.
My game has far more glitches now than it ever has!

TZora
01-30-2013, 05:31 AM
ingame comment system is f'ed up totally, its become a pile of elephant p. someone comments on my wall, i hit reply and type a long farting comment and then hit send .. the comment gets posted on my own wall .. i've tried this multiple times and i end replying on my own wall. seems like gree is still working on it but "thank you gree for allowing ur poor android players to block comments from unwanted folks". thank you! now could you please fix the comment reply thing :)

dudeman
01-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Ok, the news page still works normally for me, it was just that one thing was screwy. Even this morning, iteach hit me and then posted a comment. The news showed the hit and then the comment, as it should and always has.

Maybe I should add that the person whose posts messed with my news was also recently accused of cheating in a thread that no longer exists. I believe that person is also, at least temporarily, "silenced" from the forum as a result of said non-thread. Could someone who is cheating maybe accidentally or unintentionally cause visible signs other than a mental inventory?

There's something wrong with the "add text" function of my photo editor (probably got broken in the last update), so I can't cover the names in screenshots. I can crop it to make it good enough though:

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/ShredderBoris/01060c10ba76ad22e2ff530993c69890.jpg

tassychris
01-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi Dude it was me you are talking about at the start of this post. Again I don't know why it showed up as it did. Because I attacked you before I told you your real Defence. Maybe it had something to do with the new way posts are done on Android. Or the problem all android players are having. Just read other posts on errors we are getting.......so you are better informed.
Nice to add the comment that maybe it's because Im cheating. Your all class lol
[CM] OZ

Vito Corleone
01-31-2013, 12:21 PM
ingame comment system is f'ed up totally, its become a pile of elephant p. someone comments on my wall, i hit reply and type a long farting comment and then hit send .. the comment gets posted on my own wall .. i've tried this multiple times and i end replying on my own wall. seems like gree is still working on it but "thank you gree for allowing ur poor android players to block comments from unwanted folks". thank you! now could you please fix the comment reply thing :)
Yes it get's posted on your own wall but also on the other guy's wall. It's the same in MW at the moment.

dudeman
01-31-2013, 12:31 PM
Hi Dude it was me you are talking about at the start of this post. Again I don't know why it showed up as it did. Because I attacked you before I told you your real Defence. Maybe it had something to do with the new way posts are done on Android. Or the problem all android players are having. Just read other posts on errors we are getting.......so you are better informed.
Nice to add the comment that maybe it's because Im cheating. Your all class lol
[CM] OZ

It was more just general curiosity if cheating could in any way cause those things to happen. I never accused you of anything though. If that's what you thought maybe you should re-read my post. :p

Also, I posted about this problem before the flood of android complaints regarding the game being screwy. I'm on iOS so I could not possibly have known just how problematic the android version has been lately. The recent posts have raised awareness though.

Looks like Gree has just not got their "stuff" together. Still or yet. Maybe it has something to do with what CJ said about them trying to do something so epic they don't know when to stop trying to be so epic.

Advice for Gree: Maybe you guys never learned this lesson in elementary school, but trying too hard to be cool IS NOT COOL!

Anyways, that probably just about does it for the usefulness of this thread. Feel free to lock it up admin or CJ.

Scarface corleone
01-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Ok I've got 1 more quick thing. I play on iOS and saw a message in my news feed from a douchebag mwwm douche (not mentioning any names but they are all douches) swearing and crying on.. but it never appeared on my wall.
Are gree automatically blocking rude comments from showing in full. I don't block players so I don't know why the full message came through..

I do like how you asked a cheater to post on your wall though.. Haha good luck with that!
Mimi level 184 is a blatant cheat ask him. A lone pizza parlor and 600k att def.. Yeah right.