PDA

View Full Version : 99 "Rapid Strike MG21" (84/112)

FisK
01-28-2013, 02:34 PM
It have come to my attention that some players are a little ***** over that I have 99 "Rapid Strike MG21" (84/112).

How did I get them?
I have absolutely no idea!!!!!
- I never ask for them.
- I never farm them.
- I never got any pop telling me that I was rewarded them.

I know I have had them for a long time.
I discovered that I had them several months ago doing the beta testing of MW with faction when a faction member ask me about how I got them, shortly after I joined the faction.
We had a discussion about it in the ingame faction forum (faction wall) and I did send in ticket to find out why I got them (and where by maybe find out how to get more) but I never got an explanation before the beta test suddenly was closed down.

I forgot all about it until I suddenly got an e-mail from my faction leader the other day telling me that people has begun to slander about me because of my 99 "Rapid Strike MG21"s.

I guess it is alright that I have them or Gree/Funzio should have removed them by now.
I just see them as payment for all the cash and concrete that I donated to our faction before we lost it all in the faction reset at the end of beta, but that will still makes them extremely expensive.
(I never got any refund from the faction reset)

Some clear facts:

- I have NEVER used any cheats or hacks

- I have not exploited any glitch, but I may have trigged one without knowing it. (I was playing a BETA version of the game so a few bugs is to be expected.)

- I never got any notification about the "Rapid Strike MG21", so I do not know exactly when I got them.
(It wasn't even myself that discovered that I had them in the first place)

How can I have so many without knowing?

- I rarely go through my inventory. I simply have no need for it. I don't need to check my inventory then I buy new units because the store shows how many I already have of the purchasable units. That is enough information for me. The only time I check my own inventory is when I want to check if I have received an event reward unit.

- The "Rapid Strike MG21" is far from being my strongest unit. When I do attacks it shows up as the 10th used unit so I have to scroll down to see it. I usually don't go through that list because I have no use for it.

- The faction bonuses was just introduced (where was a lot more faction bonuses available doing beta and the maximum level for a faction bonuses was level 20 not 5 as today) and our faction was buying all the bonuses we could. So I thought my stat increase was from the newly introduced faction bonuses. (We ware playing a beta game so who knows whish of the faction bonuses actually did works as intended and whish didn't)

What now?

I will try to contact support again to find out why I have them after the WD rewards has been handed out.
(I think they are quite busy about that right now – I hope they are)
We can only hope that they keep the logs far enough back to see that happen back when.
But I can't even give them a precise date. (I don't know exactly when I got them)

I will keep them IF I got them fairly by doing the right thing ingame or as a reward (maybe as a thanks for all my beta bug reports or my reporting of websites that claims to have working hack tools for the game. (Yes I have reported several websites, that claims to have a hack for the game. I usually finds them then I'm searching for forums for other (none Gree) games that doesn't have an official forum, sometimes Google gets me to a site with a hack for the game instead of a forum. Those sites may also have hacks for some Gree games. I do always let Gree to the testing of the hack. ) )

I will ask Gree/Funzio to currently reduce the number of my own and all other effected players "Rapid Strike MG21"s IF my high number of them is the result of a runaway script (just like the 4x of WD rewards that some players have seen recently).

I will ask Gree/Funzio to completely remove all "Rapid Strike MG21"s from all players if they shouldn't have been handed out in the first place.

I find it only fair that it get corrected for all affected players if errors have occurred!

A last note:

To all of you have been talking **** about me after seeing my inventory ingame without first posting on my wall asking about that is up and down in the case:
BIG SHAME ON YOU!!!
The first step in fixing a problem is to know that where is a problem!

It is very, very easy to have some units hiding in your inventory without yourself knowing it if Gree/Funzio have (by mistake or not) been handing out some units. You made have already completed new quest as they are added to the game and gotten a unit from it without notice it.

Now you all know that where is no reason to be angry on me because of my 99 "Rapid Strike MG21"s.
It is NOT MY MISTAKE that I have them.

Sorry for a big wall of text.

Greetings
FisK

SoccerStud
01-28-2013, 02:43 PM
You got them from beta testing. Remember when you were beta testing the factions? Well every single concrete block you got, it would should up as the rapid strike MG-11. You could get them from pve so that means you got 99 concrete blocks during the testing of the factions. There are several other forum members with lots of them. The reason you were being accused was there was also a huge glitch with them a while back. You read up on it here:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42235-Another-CHEAT-HACK-GLITCH&highlight=Rapid+Strike+MG-11

FisK
01-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Hmmm.
Maybe it is those blank reward units without any picture or stats I got in earlier beta events.
(I never counted them but where was quite a few over a few events)
Most of that was before factions was added to the beta.
Maybe they just replaced the blank units with the "Rapid Strike MG21" at the same time they added the faction to the beta game.

If that is the case when where is no problem at all :)

SoccerStud
01-28-2013, 03:00 PM
You got them from beta testing. Remember when you were beta testing the factions? Well every single concrete block you got, it would should up as the rapid strike MG-11. You could get them from pve so that means you got 99 concrete blocks during the testing of the factions. There are several other forum members with lots of them. The reason you were being accused was there was also a huge glitch with them a while back. You read up on it here:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42235-Another-CHEAT-HACK-GLITCH&highlight=Rapid+Strike+MG-11
I updated my post. Sorry, apparently I wasn't quick enough. Also, check your pm

mickymacirl
01-28-2013, 03:35 PM
I find it impossible to believe you didn't notice the large stat boosts 99 MIGS would give you, you should be fully aware that Gambit had the same units.

Sandukan
01-28-2013, 03:38 PM
"I got 99 MG21s but a glitch aint one."

Lift Ticket
01-28-2013, 03:43 PM
So you mean to say you didn't notice an 8316 increase in stats from indestructible units, probably more due to other bonuses? I find that hard to believe and since you have been a forum member for quite some time, you would have been aware of the faction beta tester glitch and the repercussions Gambit12 took as a result of exploiting this glitch from that "nautical" alliance. I guess ignorance is a bliss when you have 99 of them! Cheers mate...

By the way, our faction lost several level 10 forts and were attacked by beta testers before the event (quite a few of us had a lot of casualties and lost cash as well) and we didn't get compensated with any Rapid Strike MG21's even though several faction members sent tickets.

Thenoob
01-28-2013, 04:07 PM
What the heck is beta testing. ?????? Isn't. A beta in old VCR. Lmao

chbranch
01-28-2013, 04:55 PM
I find it impossible to believe you didn't notice the large stat boosts 99 MIGS would give you, you should be fully aware that Gambit had the same units.

When you are beta testing, you are in a whole different build and you play ur game there. He had no idea they were there because the beta world was counting concrete and his normal build world was adding those planes. he would not have noticed the stat increase unless he was floating back and forth between both games, but if you are the tester why would you do that!

Hero of Time
01-28-2013, 05:01 PM

Nice one.

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/2/24/I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/i_see_what_you_did_there_poster-r8f044f42410c44898ead34192059346f_y1u_400.jpg

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/6146563_700b.jpg

http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/i-see-what-you-did-there-obama.jpg

Poopenshire
01-28-2013, 05:26 PM
I say ban the account and sort it out with support later. This happened before and we heard the same excuses. No sympathy from me. Your in a faction that has multiple beta testers who were involves with this problem before so them turning a blind eye amd saying something is jusy rediculous. All your earned points should be removed. REG knows better and has such high moral charater so there should be no issue with this. A good leader should know his team and people amd ultimately this falls on his head.

King little fruit fly
01-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Sweet confession from a honest beta tester, where can I sign up to be a honest beta tester so I can finally get a break from this game. :):cool: FYI, I defeated 21 bosses and only got 7 uncommons with similar stat. :mad:

AlexFoo
01-28-2013, 05:39 PM
i completely understand. im a MUCH smaller player than you, but i NEVER go look at my inventory, i have no need to.

i see my totals when i buy cash or gold units on what i can buy.

I havent matched up against you at all, but see you post here and you seem really straight up and honest.

no ill will at all, and gree will either fix it, or leave them. people will have to get over it, it is in fact.. JUST A GAME.

King little fruit fly
01-28-2013, 05:57 PM
When you add the whole things up, it is only 10k stat increase, no big deal, mr unclassified here dropped my evil twin brother's stat by about 15k in 3 short weeks. Where should he complain? If he opened he mouth, he got banned, what was the justice? :mad:

Close the thread, move on, no big deal. :p

GQNammmer
01-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Let's ban someone for GREE's mistake!

Poopenshire
01-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Its not Gree's mistake. Its a known bug.that the OP's entire faction was not only aware of but their other beta testers were caught with the same bug. The worst part is that several people took advantage of this to cheat with full knowledge of that. This players faction members were aware and warned of their inventories. All they had to do to fix it was donate their bricks and they did this. This factio. Has more than 3 beta testers 2 of whom were warned and fixed their issue. Ignorance is no excuse. This was occuring over thanksgiving. So please cry me a river about this being a new and unknown issue. One last thime this is not a Gree mistake. This player is surroundes by teams who had the same issue. Its convenient to look the other way when it benefits you.Ban them all and let Gree sort them out.

NakedCherryPie
01-28-2013, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't say the whole team was aware of it, that's a false accusation. Don't assume that Poop, you're better than that.

SoccerStud
01-28-2013, 06:31 PM
I know several forum members who have emailed gree to get there's fixed but haven't gotten a reply, so yes, some of it is Gree's fault.

iamnasty
01-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Its not Gree's mistake. Its a known bug.that the OP's entire faction was not only aware of but their other beta testers were caught with the same bug. The worst part is that several people took advantage of this to cheat with full knowledge of that. This players faction members were aware and warned of their inventories. All they had to do to fix it was donate their bricks and they did this. This factio. Has more than 3 beta testers 2 of whom were warned and fixed their issue. Ignorance is no excuse. This was occuring over thanksgiving. So please cry me a river about this being a new and unknown issue. One last thime this is not a Gree mistake. This player is surroundes by teams who had the same issue. Its convenient to look the other way when it benefits you.Ban them all and let Gree sort them out.

Woh...............hold on there............this guy been honest and put a thread explaining the situation. This is not even consider an issue if comparing with the BFB glitch of 12 sets !!!! Look at GSF, they happily declared using the glitch on others. So is it OK for most of them to use the glitch to bully and seeking post BFB revenge mean while you are condemning this guy openly start a thread to explain his situation !!!
FYI,yes i did won quite a number of auction and boss events but i have never check my inventory, maybe i too have 99 MG 21 in my inventory i am unawared off, you too should have a look, start a thread condemning me and ask GREE to ban me!!!

cheers:D

Matt Thornton
01-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Its not Gree's mistake. Its a known bug.that the OP's entire faction was not only aware of but their other beta testers were caught with the same bug. The worst part is that several people took advantage of this to cheat with full knowledge of that. This players faction members were aware and warned of their inventories. All they had to do to fix it was donate their bricks and they did this. This factio. Has more than 3 beta testers 2 of whom were warned and fixed their issue. Ignorance is no excuse. This was occuring over thanksgiving. So please cry me a river about this being a new and unknown issue. One last thime this is not a Gree mistake. This player is surroundes by teams who had the same issue. Its convenient to look the other way when it benefits you.Ban them all and let Gree sort them out.this reminds me of the Spanish Inquisition. they liked witch hunting too.

I am a cow
01-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Ahhhh Gree does things like this. They cause glitches they screw with us take our hard earned $$$ and they don't even answer your tickets. I bet you that while we post GREE is throwing a massive party! Maybe that's why they weren't working a couple of days ago cos they were getting ready for the PARTY and now that they are all drunk I don't think that we will be getting our questions answered until next month!! Well done GREE really well done. I mean I really love waiting to get my tickets resolved in a couple weeks time and then see a stupid piece of information that doesn't answer my question. I really love that don't I GREEdy?

iamnasty
01-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Ahhhh Gree does things like this. They cause glitches they screw with us take our hard earned $$$ and they don't even answer your tickets. I bet you that while we post GREE is throwing a massive party! Maybe that's why they weren't working a couple of days ago cos they were getting ready for the PARTY and now that they are all drunk I don't think that we will be getting our questions answered until next month!! Well done GREE really well done. I mean I really love waiting to get my tickets resolved in a couple weeks time and then see a stupid piece of information that doesn't answer my question. I really love that don't I GREEdy?

COW is having a great time at GREE's party !!! and drunk too ......drunken COW !!!

I am a cow
01-29-2013, 12:13 AM
COW is having a great time at GREE's party !!! and drunk too ......drunken COW !!!

BS GREE is drunk I am not you sound drunk so would you like some black coffee to make you SOBER again???

iamnasty
01-29-2013, 12:37 AM
BS GREE is drunk I am not you sound drunk so would you like some black coffee to make you SOBER again???

Yep, some COW's milk to make me moo moo moo

cheers:D

dj maj
01-29-2013, 04:16 AM
i only got one word to say JELLY !

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-29-2013, 04:20 AM
Sure, this all makes sense to me.

Why would this player lie?

He simply wanted to clear the air.

As Fisk said, "It is not my mistake that I have them."

Gree will fix this, and we can all move on.

It have come to my attention that some players are a little ***** over that I have 99 "Rapid Strike MG21" (84/112).How did I get them?I have absolutely no idea!!!!!- I never ask for them.- I never farm them.- I never got any pop telling me that I was rewarded them.I know I have had them for a long time.I discovered that I had them several months ago doing the beta testing of MW with faction when a faction member ask me about how I got them, shortly after I joined the faction.We had a discussion about it in the ingame faction forum (faction wall) and I did send in ticket to find out why I got them (and where by maybe find out how to get more) but I never got an explanation before the beta test suddenly was closed down.I forgot all about it until I suddenly got an e-mail from my faction leader the other day telling me that people has begun to slander about me because of my 99 "Rapid Strike MG21"s.I guess it is alright that I have them or Gree/Funzio should have removed them by now.I just see them as payment for all the cash and concrete that I donated to our faction before we lost it all in the faction reset at the end of beta, but that will still makes them extremely expensive.(I never got any refund from the faction reset)Some clear facts:- I have NEVER used any cheats or hacks - I have not exploited any glitch, but I may have trigged one without knowing it. (I was playing a BETA version of the game so a few bugs is to be expected.)- I never got any notification about the "Rapid Strike MG21", so I do not know exactly when I got them.(It wasn't even myself that discovered that I had them in the first place)How can I have so many without knowing?- I rarely go through my inventory. I simply have no need for it. I don't need to check my inventory then I buy new units because the store shows how many I already have of the purchasable units. That is enough information for me. The only time I check my own inventory is when I want to check if I have received an event reward unit.- The "Rapid Strike MG21" is far from being my strongest unit. When I do attacks it shows up as the 10th used unit so I have to scroll down to see it. I usually don't go through that list because I have no use for it.- The faction bonuses was just introduced (where was a lot more faction bonuses available doing beta and the maximum level for a faction bonuses was level 20 not 5 as today) and our faction was buying all the bonuses we could. So I thought my stat increase was from the newly introduced faction bonuses. (We ware playing a beta game so who knows whish of the faction bonuses actually did works as intended and whish didn't)What now?I will try to contact support again to find out why I have them after the WD rewards has been handed out.(I think they are quite busy about that right now – I hope they are)We can only hope that they keep the logs far enough back to see that happen back when.But I can't even give them a precise date. (I don't know exactly when I got them)I will keep them IF I got them fairly by doing the right thing ingame or as a reward (maybe as a thanks for all my beta bug reports or my reporting of websites that claims to have working hack tools for the game. (Yes I have reported several websites, that claims to have a hack for the game. I usually finds them then I'm searching for forums for other (none Gree) games that doesn't have an official forum, sometimes Google gets me to a site with a hack for the game instead of a forum. Those sites may also have hacks for some Gree games. I do always let Gree to the testing of the hack. ) )I will ask Gree/Funzio to currently reduce the number of my own and all other effected players "Rapid Strike MG21"s IF my high number of them is the result of a runaway script (just like the 4x of WD rewards that some players have seen recently). I will ask Gree/Funzio to completely remove all "Rapid Strike MG21"s from all players if they shouldn't have been handed out in the first place.I find it only fair that it get corrected for all affected players if errors have occurred!A last note:To all of you have been talking **** about me after seeing my inventory ingame without first posting on my wall asking about that is up and down in the case:BIG SHAME ON YOU!!!The first step in fixing a problem is to know that where is a problem!It is very, very easy to have some units hiding in your inventory without yourself knowing it if Gree/Funzio have (by mistake or not) been handing out some units. You made have already completed new quest as they are added to the game and gotten a unit from it without notice it.Now you all know that where is no reason to be angry on me because of my 99 "Rapid Strike MG21"s.It is NOT MY MISTAKE that I have them.Sorry for a big wall of text.Greetings FisK

Mcdoc
01-29-2013, 06:09 AM

LoL

Except - Were you sleeping under a rock when the whole Forum went after Gambit for this EXACT Issue?

In Fact - REG booted him for this EXACT Issue?

It was completely outed over a month ago where they came from / that they were a glitch for concrete & they way to get rid of them was to donate the concrete to your faction during the Beta testing. A noob with 3 posts could tell you that.

I would "hope" a beta tester would keep up with such a fireball topic from the forums - more so - I would hope your team mates would have noticed them in your inventory because now your entire team has been implicated - guilty by acquaintance - since they reacted so harshly to the last person who had this "glitch" and claimed innocence through ignorance - that excuse doesn't even work for a speeding ticket.

I ain't mad atcha - just find this excuse this late in the game a little played out.

If you were level 200 & had and 8k Stat change that went un-noticed I would still question how you could over-look it. But at your level - one of the smallest people on your team? Come on - really?

Gambit made a public apology too - after he had benefited form their use - and ONLY after there was an outcry from other players - I see a pattern here.

There was a whole "Forum Justice" enacted by several here who appointed themselves as Layers / Judges / Jury / Executioners. I wonder if Court will come back into session to examine these facts?

Good Luck to you - I hope your team is consistent with their Actions to avoid casting doubt on the measures they would take to fight for the Top Spot (well - considering ALL of us are fighting for 4th place) - especially since they don't need one player to put them in 4th place & there is such a Soap Box from the Lone Ranger on integrity.

Something my mom always asked me - Are you really sorry? Or are you just sorry you got caught?

This post 5 weeks ago would have been much more believable.

smh - but I ain't going to point any fingers - just letting you know I've had this taste in my mouth before and I still take crap from some of your team mates and others who question why we took in the last person who "stumbled" onto this "glitch" - my answer was that I believe in 2nd chances - but I also watch out for Naked Cow Pies when I'm walking through a field - and this Naked Cow Pie really smells funny when you're try to convince all of us it is Chocolate Pudding.

I rarely go through my inventory. I simply have no need for it. I don't need to check my inventory then I buy new units because the store shows how many I already have of the purchasable units. That is enough information for me. The only time I check my own inventory is when I want to check if I have received an event reward unit.

- The "Rapid Strike MG21" is far from being my strongest unit. When I do attacks it shows up as the 10th used unit so I have to scroll down to see it. I usually don't go through that list because I have no use for it.
THAT - right there! THAT is the smelly part - I always scroll through my inventory wondering WHAT fell out of my top 45 every time I get a new unit. If you had ONE of them - of course - I would believe you - but 99 of anything in your TOP 45 should grab your attention!

"Shame on you" are some pretty bold words to throw at your critics when the shame is now shining out in the open fields and all the Naked Cow Pies are laying around for everyone to smell.

So just to be clear - now it is not just YOU who has a shadow cast over your integrity - now your entire faction has to face this shadow since they acted quickly to boot the last person who had this "glitch". That is the only justified place for the word SHAME in this thread - you have shamed your team & now your team has to decide if they are going to stand in shame with you and somehow try to justify your ignorance - or are they going to step out from behind shame to maintain their integrity to be consistent with their previous actions - because now you are asking ALL the other Factions to believe that your team was also ignorant of your "glitch".

Which leaves only 2 options which could be the truth:
1) Being one of the smallest players on the team and someone they trusted - no one gave a close examination to your inventory & this is shocking news to the entire team - but to maintain their integrity they will be consistent with their actions and judgements from before.

OR

2) People on you team knew about your "glitch" and thought it would give them the slight edge to come in 4th verses the unacceptable 5th (especially since the prizes for 4th place are SO much better than the ones for 5th place) - and now 50 other people have to claim ignorance to stand in line behind you - which now would make others wonder what other "advantages" and "glitches" might have been "overlooked" or even welcomed?

I got lot's of love for REG - but now you have put them on trial as well.

Now enters the word Shame from stage left.

I will make this one reservation as there is one fact not clear in this scenario.
IF those Mig's were there this whole time (like before B4B) then I stand behind every word of criticism in my post.

BUT - IF this only happened since B4B ended and there was no unfair advantage given to your team during B4B - then I will apologize for my public sentiment about your "situation" - but I will follow that up with "why the heck are you holding on to 99 blocks - donate that ish to your faction".

Besides - NO stat is an advantage in Battle except the Stat of how many Gold bars are in your inventory - otherwise 4 to 7 hits is only 4 to 7 hits for each and every person in this game - so it really doesn't even make sense to try and gain any kinda advantage with extra stats.

Baraka
01-29-2013, 06:11 AM
Sorry but I have to agree with poop and PJ, if your exploiting been a beta tester the it's cheating. Pure and simple. If my stats jumped up by 10K over night it would be easy to see. I would give the faction in question the benefit of the doubt. They may not of known one of there guys had all those Units. But individually there is no excuse!!

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-29-2013, 06:17 AM
Can't we all just get along?

Poopenshire
01-29-2013, 06:24 AM
Can we just stop fighting each other, and start fighting Gree. this game is the problem not us. This event should have been stamina based from the start with gold doing stamina recharges. We need to stop taking part and make sure this game is fixed and enjoyable for all not just the heavy spenders, who are growing tired of this. We all know what was done was wrong and no amount of covering it up with excuses will fix that. Lets get back to being a unified front against Gree.

Mcdoc
01-29-2013, 06:42 AM
I bet this thread is closed & locked before lunch -

Edit: Pacific Time Micky - it's almost 7am here now - and that's 40 minutes of my life spent on this thread that I can never get back - LoL

mickymacirl
01-29-2013, 06:44 AM
But but, its passed lunch here!!!

Tournai
01-29-2013, 06:46 AM
First of all Who cares ? just Lucky You!

Who makes this game? Does Gree script it? Yes right?! So who's fault is it then?

They made you Beta? If not, they still should make a back up of your account before you enter a beta test area and simply reset everyones stats, before implementing things in the productive area ( so ours ).

If you made a ticket about it, I wouldnt worry cause its all in de hands of Gree.

Even if you farmed them for your self during the glitch in beta area, they still can take it back.

I did a wrong buy, send in a ticket, and 2 days later got everything refunded.

It aint that hard for Gree to fix the whole issue.

NakedCherryPie
01-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Can we just stop fighting each other, and start fighting Gree. this game is the problem not us. This event should have been stamina based from the start with gold doing stamina recharges. We need to stop taking part and make sure this game is fixed and enjoyable for all not just the heavy spenders, who are growing tired of this. We all know what was done was wrong and no amount of covering it up with excuses will fix that. Lets get back to being a unified front against Gree.+1.............

manbeast
01-29-2013, 07:22 AM
I haven't read this whole thread but I'd just like to say a couple things

1. Gambit was kicked out of REG because
-He was NOT a beta tester, rather he downloaded a copy he "got in an email from a friend"-strike one, some considered this "hacking" his way into the beta
-he found the glitch with the migs and exploited it to the point to where he had over 2,000 of them. this took his stats from 40k all the way to 250k-strike 2, exploiting a glitch
-he then went to war with all the pirates who had been attacking him. strike 3- using a glitch (aka cheating) to gain an unfair advantage over another player
-throughout the whole scandal gambit would only tell us lies or at best half truths. I was under the impression he was a legit beta, and there was nothing he could do about the glitch. I went and defended him in game and on the forum from people saying he was a hacker. only later did i find out he had hacked into the beta and went out of his way to get these units to attack a pirate.

And despite all of that gambit still wants to get back into REG. Just yesterday he messaged me about it AGAIN (i've already told him no twice). Shouldn't be a surprise to alpha because he told me that he told alpha during bfb that he was a free agent after the battle.

2. I had no idea Fisk had the migs until someone brought it up in the bravo recruitment thread. I think poops first comment in here saying to ban all of REG is kind of ridiculous. Have you went through the inventory of every single one of your faction members and checked out each and every unit to make sure they aren't illegal? It would take forever. I don't have time for that and don't feel like torturing my eye balls. But as a result of seeing all the hackers we saw in brazil we are going to institute some inspections to try and ensure that we stay hacker free

NakedCherryPie
01-29-2013, 07:30 AM
I haven't read this whole thread but I'd just like to say a couple things

1. Gambit was kicked out of REG because
-He was NOT a beta tester, rather he downloaded a copy he "got in an email from a friend"-strike one, some considered this "hacking" his way into the beta
-he found the glitch with the migs and exploited it to the point to where he had over 2,000 of them. this took his stats from 40k all the way to 250k-strike 2, exploiting a glitch
-he then went to war with all the pirates who had been attacking him. strike 3- using a glitch (aka cheating) to gain an unfair advantage over another player
-throughout the whole scandal gambit would only tell us lies or at best half truths. I was under the impression he was a legit beta, and there was nothing he could do about the glitch. I went and defended him in game and on the forum from people saying he was a hacker. only later did i find out he had hacked into the beta and went out of his way to get these units to attack a pirate.

And despite all of that gambit still wants to get back into REG. Just yesterday he messaged me about it AGAIN (i've already told him no twice). Shouldn't be a surprise to alpha because he told me that he told alpha during bfb that he was a free agent after the battle.

2. I had no idea Fisk had the migs until someone brought it up in the bravo recruitment thread. I think poops first comment in here saying to ban all of REG is kind of ridiculous. Have you went through the inventory of every single one of your faction members and checked out each and every unit to make sure they aren't illegal? It would take forever. I don't have time for that and don't feel like torturing my eye balls. But as a result of seeing all the hackers we saw in brazil we are going to institute some inspections to try and ensure that we stay hacker free+2..........

iamnasty
01-29-2013, 07:48 AM
Sorry but I have to agree with poop and PJ, if your exploiting been a beta tester the it's cheating. Pure and simple. If my stats jumped up by 10K over night it would be easy to see. I would give the faction in question the benefit of the doubt. They may not of known one of there guys had all those Units. But individually there is no excuse!!

I have to disagree with you as I don't even know my inventory nor if my stats up 10K overnight. I enjoyed playing the game, but the inventory of units has never and will never be my priority so is the stats, therefore I never even put any efforts to remember what I have last nite!!! Too bad if this sounds stupid, but my real life is more sweet and memorable than memorize some fake units and stats.
If anyone thinks this is important and has the FREE time probably should go around checking every players inventory, especially mine coz I really has no idea and i don't give a oops of what I have !!!

Cheers

Mcdoc
01-29-2013, 07:59 AM
I had no idea Fisk had the migs until someone brought it up . . . we are going to institute some inspections to try and ensure that we stay hacker free

That is the natural assumption :)

Poopenshire
01-29-2013, 08:21 AM
That is the natural assumption :)

Ask them also who brought it up during Brazil, both in emails and messages to REG leadership. I garuentee we were not the only ones to point this out. Ignorance is bliss when it benefits yourself. This is not new, and a team benefited this. TOS clearly states if you take advantage of a glitch or mistake its a violation, no questions asked, whether intentional or not its a violation.

iamnasty
01-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Ask them also who brought it up during Brazil, both in emails and messages to REG leadership. I garuentee we were not the only ones to point this out. Ignorance is bliss when it benefits yourself. This is not new, and a team benefited this. TOS clearly states if you take advantage of a glitch or mistake its a violation, no questions asked, whether intentional or not its a violation.

Poop, not going to interfere on who is right or wrong, probably coz i'm an inexperience person come to this and my apologies to all
Out of the topic, one interesting note I noticed of this TOS, is it applicable to the below on the BFB glitch??? Cheers:D

Everybody is just going down their news feed playing with their new found power before it is taken away. To see if they can now win to those they lost to before. :)
I can ask them not to if you'd prefer? It's not a grudge, and it's not just you either. Btw did you all get multiple glitch unit thingys too?

Stryker3632
01-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Its so sad to see people hacking to win a game. I guess they cant win anything in life or their life sucks so bad that they have to cheat to get any feeling of self worth. Grow up and get a life. I think its funny when you catch a cheater the first thing they do is rant and scream. the legit players will just say fine report me and they will see its all legit.

Poopenshire
01-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Poop, not going to interfere on who is right or wrong, probably coz i'm an inexperience person come to this and my apologies to all
Out of the topic, one interesting note I noticed of this TOS, is it applicable to the below on the BFB glitch??? Cheers:D

I was not as fortunate as others to have received such huge stats boost from multiple units. Infact I didn't receive all the units offered. I do have to say I am intentionally being overly agressive in my speach and comments more to get the string of thoughts moving and to get Gree to notice this. I do fully blame the OP on this, while i do not know my exact content of my army (i have a spreadsheet I update daily and I have the toolkit I update daily) when those things differ from my stats I take notice. I think Gree had more than 2 months to patch this and clean up the Beta team such that this could not occur anymore. I blame the faction for their holier than thou attitude and multiple Beta tester on staff. They threw someone out for doing this once, and knew about this glitch whether they believe its their responsbility or not, it comes down to the fact there was a cheat on their team and they benefited from points earned by this person.

NakedCherryPie
01-29-2013, 09:19 AM
I was not as fortunate as others to have received such huge stats boost from multiple units. Infact I didn't receive all the units offered. I do have to say I am intentionally being overly agressive in my speach and comments more to get the string of thoughts moving and to get Gree to notice this. I do fully blame the OP on this, while i do not know my exact content of my army (i have a spreadsheet I update daily and I have the toolkit I update daily) when those things differ from my stats I take notice. I think Gree had more than 2 months to patch this and clean up the Beta team such that this could not occur anymore. I blame the faction for their holier than thou attitude and multiple Beta tester on staff. They threw someone out for doing this once, and knew about this glitch whether they believe its their responsbility or not, it comes down to the fact there was a cheat on their team and they benefited from points earned by this person.Yes, the leader should have known. I warned everybody before this event, they should have heeded it.

FisK
01-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks for you relies

What I have learned from reading all the post here is:

1) A few MG21's could have been fairly rewarded form an event. But I have to say 99 sounds a bit high for what.

2) My hunt for concrete blocks may have trigged a glitch what wrongly gave me some MG21's.
Concrete was a brand new resource, so who wouldn't be hunting for it?
I will ask support to check up on that and reduce the number of MG21's if that is the case.

3) My dataset may have been out of sync (maybe I wasn't running the lasted version of the beta app at the time) so I did see them as blank units (units with no pictures and no stats) in the event reward window. I did get a few of those blank units. But 99 sound a bite too high in my ears.

4) The only thing I did wrong was to play a Gree game.

I will send in another ticket and ask them to check up on my numbers of MG21's and remove those (if any) that I didn't earn fairly.
Let’s hope they have kept the logs

--- A bite off topic: -----

Same have question why I haven't seen it in this forum.
It may come as a shock to some of you, but I do have a life outside Gree/Funzio games.
A life with both a family, a fulltime job and other games.
I simply don't have the time to check every little ingame detail (do I still have the correct number of each of the units in my inventory? How often do you check it yourself?) and read every single forum post in all the Gree games forums. (I'm playing both CC, MW, KA and MQ)
A forum search for "Rapid Strike MG21" didn't get me anything. I can now see that people are calling them "MIG" instead of where ingame name. (Do actually make sense when I think about it. It does looks like a Russia MIG21)
I do use a lot more time playing the games when reading the forums. I find playing games more fun when reading forums.

Why didn't I keep close trance of my stats?
I may have detected it myself if where hadn't been anything else to boost my stats, but the MG21's did show up around the same time as faction bonuses was introduced. I never did a calculation on my stats to see if each faction bonus did add the right increases in my stats. I see no fun in doing that kind of calculation, so I use my time on attacking some more instead.

I have been more or less a zombie player (just collecting money a few times a day and start new upgrades – not much more) in MW from the time where Kingdom Age was release and until the first beta with faction did came out. I was only really active doing PvP events. So I didn't check my stats before joining a faction.

Factions has really put new life into the game for me, it is almost like a whole new game :)
The addition of faction in MW has actually made me a zombie player in all the other Gree games, because I'm now using must of my game time on MW.

Vballmadam
01-29-2013, 09:25 AM
I agree...every faction leader should scrutenize their players stats on a regular basis. There is no excuse to have a cheater or hacker on your team. Basically you become a hacker by ommission! You may not hack but you know your teammate does!

Dutchie
01-29-2013, 09:45 AM
My suggestions to GREE post (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44792-Say-something-nice-(or-positive)-about-Gree-once-a-day-please.&p=572720&viewfull=1#post572720) had the following suggestion -

GREE could setup a separate TEST environment for BETA testers and test their scripts BEFORE running them on the LIVE environment. Although there is a initial cost to setting it up, in the long run it could actually save them money if they look at the bigger picture.

Considering the time and effort to resolve these issues, if GREE had a TEST environment, maybe a lot of these issues wouldn't arise in the first place.

BigD@wg
01-29-2013, 09:51 AM
So I'm curious how many of the ones who had 4,6,8,12 sets of WD toys didn't play the game while having said units? Did those individuals do any PVP? Did they play boss events and kill more bosses for free? Did they get the arctic drillers snowmobile for free when they wouldn't have otherwise?

Anyone that had multiple sets and continued to play the game was in violation of the TOS. It was a also a Gree glitch and has been exploited. So are all these people going to be brought before vigilante justice too?

Warfiend
01-29-2013, 09:51 AM
it comes down to the fact there was a cheat on their team and they benefited from points earned by this person.

For the record, they also benefited because the presence of those units kept a number of our players from being able to score on that player and I would guess other factions who faced them experienced that too. Our scouting efforts when we faced them indicated this was their weakest player. Had those units not been in that player's inventory, more players in my faction who were present for that battle would have been able to score substantially more points on them.

That was the thing that ticked me off the most. Reg was hardly the only faction we lost to, but it was the only faction we were denied points to because of questionable units like that in someone's inventory. That's what makes it bitter for me and I seriously doubt that people in Reg would be as understanding about this as they seem to want others to be, if they were denied points because of questionable units like that in an opposing players inventory.

Ryans67
01-29-2013, 10:19 AM
What I find funny about this thread is that most of the people that run their mouth are also the people that have taken advantage of other glitches in the game.

Go run through some high stat peoples inventory and let me know how many Wolverine tanks they have, along with Spec ops Cruisers. You see, that was the first "glitched" LE set. It was an obvious glitch to anyone who has bought LE sets. Alot of folks reported it, but they made sure they filled up on them in case Gree failed to reverse it.

Or maybe we should talk about the invisible folks. Yep, how many of you enjoy being 130+ and can never be attacked through the rival list? You think you would have that AC center if everyone could see you? Doubt it.

Fact is, we don't have time to make a thread to call everyone out for taking advantage of a "glitch". But I sure know to refrain from calling others out when I'm not perfect myself.

There are those that take advantage of a glitch, and then there are those that just haven't found one themselves...

Ssne
01-29-2013, 10:20 AM
So I'm curious how many of the ones who had 4,6,8,12 sets of WD toys didn't play the game while having said units? Did those individuals do any PVP? Did they play boss events and kill more bosses for free? Did they get the arctic drillers snowmobile for free when they wouldn't have otherwise?

Anyone that had multiple sets and continued to play the game was in violation of the TOS. It was a also a Gree glitch and has been exploited. So are all these people going to be brought before vigilante justice too?

BD, this is a great point and I would love to know the answer. Actually, I am pretty sure I already know the answer and there should/could/would be a lot of folks being kicked out of the Gree playground for this.

The problem for the player is: do I not try to kill the boss because Gree glitched and I have 4x all the big units? Tickets are not responded to in a timely enough manner, and the boss is only there for six days. Burn 4-5 days waiting on support to eliminate the extra units before killing your first boss and you might not make it. Meanwhile other groups have attack scores that are 10K lower than they otherwise would be because they don't have the units at all. So they spend more gold that could be used later for WD events to kill the boss perhaps...or they decide to not try to get the boss because they have to spend too much gold to get him. Either way, that faction is weaker.

In any game, the conditions have to be set so everyone is treated the same. For Gree to simply burn up 5 days (or more) sorting this out *while they've launched a boss event* is really problematic. I am not killing them here for having a glitch....this was a huge shift in the overall game and I'm sure it required some very heavy lifting. If there was nothing going on in the game and it was five days of "sorting it out" that's fine. But launching the boss puts all the players in a really uncomfortable position.

CplJC
01-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Since we are on this subject..Could hmm CJ54 look into KILLER has like 800 units that have stats ove 800att and 700 def

Warfiend
01-29-2013, 10:22 AM

I wasn't aware that was a violation of TOS. For myself, I did play the game. I made a conscious effort to not attack anyone I couldn't beat without the units. And believe me it was hard, because there were more than a few strong players way over vault I could have had a field day on with the units, but I did not.

I did not win the boss for free, it still required gold, but I did play it and I'm sure I beat more bosses for free than I would have without them. The thing is, I have always played every single boss event to get those free units(you can check my inventory, it's loaded with those units from the various boss events, save maybe one I think I sat out), and I would have been at a severe disadvantage had I not played this one given the bump in stats of those free units(the commons were stronger than some past uncommons, the uncommons were stronger than some past rares, and the rares...).

You could say I could have waited, but Gree's record on the time they take to fix problems told me that I could have been waiting until well after Greenland for them to correct this. If they had said not to play in their post about it, I wouldn't have played.

What should I have done?

And if this is going to be a violation of TOS, then let's talk about the limited edition bonus units which was an error on Gree's part at first too, if I recall correctly. Are people who bought those and received limited edition bonus units as a result of a glitch in violation of TOS too?

BigD@wg
01-29-2013, 10:31 AM
@warfriend -
I'm not condemning anyone. All I am saying is this game is full of glitches. Beta glitches, LE set glitches, and most recently these WD distribution of prizes glitch. Pretty sure the TOS says that any glitch exploited that provides an unfair advantage. So yes...any of those glitches could produce an unfair advantage. Gree is the one responsible and who needs to sort this out...not the players.

Hacking is a completely different issue. It seems too many people are confusing the two.

Dutchie
01-29-2013, 10:37 AM
I like to hear more solutions to these problems rather than going round in circles discussing said problems. Anyone else have any ideas on how to overcome these issues that GREE could implement?

Mcdoc
01-29-2013, 10:40 AM
When there is an "error" on Gree's part that puts an advantage to ALL players in the normal play of the game - i.e. a LE set that was first a "mistake" and then secondly a purposeful event admitted by CJ to be "fair" and now the 3rd time - what are we to expect?

That is a case of people spending gold to support the game - something available to every player equally so there is no advantage for a single player - so I thank those who support the game so others can play for free - so why not reward folks who pay money to support the game - but a far cry from hacking or cheating when it is the only option available to you in normal play - and equally available to everyone.

Ssne
01-29-2013, 10:42 AM
I like to hear more solutions to these problems rather than going round in circles discussing said problems. Anyone else have any ideas on how to overcome these issues that GREE could implement?

@dutchie, one is easy. When there is a known balance of power issue affecting the game, do not launch any events where said imbalance comes into play (ie, the boss event).

Poopenshire
01-29-2013, 10:47 AM
here is my last comment on this, best way to fix the issue?

Remove all casualties. Make all units indestructable. Gold players will still get their stats higher and faster. free players and farmers will grow but slowly, not anywhere near the pace of gold players. We have discussed this before and to put it bluntyly if casualties were removed this entire game might just level it self off.

oh and make the dang Factions stamina based for heavens sake....... stop beating around the bush Gree your customers have spoken. do you need us to stop playing and kill your cash cow?

mxz
01-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Why is cheating by forumites so much more rampant in MW than any of the other titles?

I've really started to ponder this. It's not the most glitched game, they're all pretty equal. The number of players is probably about the same. So what is it? Is MW that much more competitive around the HLs than CC? Is it the high casualty rates?

Shame on cheaters and especially shame on factions allowing, harboring, and turning a blind eye towards it. If you're going to take the time to go through a lengthy recruitment process you'd think (1) youd try to get a good sense of their character (2) someone would be looking for some of the more obvious and especially well-publicized glitches. Maybe I'm jaded due to running a smaller faction with much lower stats than others', but this isn't rocket science we're doing.

I have a lot of respect for Mav, but I remember talking to him about the differences between cheating vs. hacking; and in REG's definition only hacking was considered cheating. So a zero-tolerance policy against hacking, apparently, did not translate in some of the implicated folks' minds that, what most of us consider, cheating fell under the zero-tolerance policy.

Come on forum groups, we should be better than that. Zero tolerance policies against cheating, not just hacking.

-mxz

Hassleham
01-29-2013, 11:12 AM

There's nothing we can do. GREE is not going to sort everything out and become this amazing company with perfectly functioning games who treats all it's customers how they deserve. They aren't going to do anything of the sort, because they don't need to. People continue to spend thousands of dollars on gold despite all the faults and despite the fact that the company doesn't give a crap about it's customers.

yes we have CJ who tries hard to cater to everyones needs and requests on the forum, but there's nobody else..

They aren't going to make all units indestructable - It would reduce profit.
They aren't going to employ extra staff to tackle all the problems - It would reduce profit.

They key to all of this is PROFIT, and they have us exactly where they want us.

Dutchie
01-29-2013, 11:12 AM
@dutchie, one is easy. When there is a known balance of power issue affecting the game, do not launch any events where said imbalance comes into play (ie, the boss event).Nice idea but you cannot control the players in what they do as evident in given examples, whereas Poop's ideas can be implemented in a controllable fashion that is fair to all players.

I hope you're listening GREE!

mxz
01-29-2013, 11:23 AM
They aren't going to employ extra staff to tackle all the problems - It would reduce profit.

They key to all of this is PROFIT, and they have us exactly where they want us.You're right, for the most part. Until the big spenders complain about the rampant cheating they have no reason to stop it. They don't need an extra person to fix this stuff. Most of these glitches that get reported are well understood by the user base. Some users even understand the parts of the algorithms that are vulnerable. Funzio may not have the manpower to fix the holes, but there are a good number of seemingly simple band-aids to the problems that many of our own have architected for them, free of charge. So, they're aware of how easy these things are to fix, they're aware people have offered their services for free, but they have no reason to do so because cheating/exploiting/hacking has become the new black. The reality is that we're forced to police ourselves, but some folks would rather take the bribe than do the right thing.

youj
01-29-2013, 11:41 AM
here is my last comment on this, best way to fix the issue?

Remove all casualties. Make all units indestructable. Gold players will still get their stats higher and faster. free players and farmers will grow but slowly, not anywhere near the pace of gold players. We have discussed this before and to put it bluntyly if casualties were removed this entire game might just level it self off.

If you want indestructible units, you should play Crime City.

Warfiend
01-29-2013, 12:11 PM
When there is a known balance of power issue affecting the game, do not launch any events where said imbalance comes into play (ie, the boss event).

That's a good idea. Delaying the boss event until they fixed the balance of power would have been fair to everyone... the people who, through no action of their own(unlike taking advantage of the LE bonus), were given those extra units, wouldn't have had to sweat whether Gree would fix the boss event in time for them to take part in it if they sat it out until it was fixed.

That is a case of people spending gold to support the game - something available to every player equally so there is no advantage for a single player - so I thank those who support the game so others can play for free - so why not reward folks who pay money to support the game -

This is called rationalization. People who spend money in this game don't spend money so others can play free, they do it so they can enjoy advantages in the game, and their reward for doing so are the advantages they enjoy. Period.

CJ made it clear the deals after the first one are intentional, so that's all good, but everyone who took part in the first one(including me, I picked up three for the oh-so awesome reason as everyone else was doing it) need to man up and recognize they knowingly took advantage of a glitch.

Lt. Falcon
01-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Can I have another bologna sandwich?

Mcdoc
01-29-2013, 08:05 PM
I don't know on any level where playing the game as it is openly operating for everyone to play exactly the same way with no one getting an advantage over another player or doing some "trick" to manipulate the game - could ever be considered cheating.

You may think the "broken LE sets w a "glitch" - BUT - what if - it was a test to see if people would spend more gold - and it worked SO well that they publicly announced the 2nd time to see if even more people would bite - and the 3rd time - well - sit back and watch the piranha frenzy.

Brilliant marketing if you ask me :)

Mastert55
01-30-2013, 10:19 PM
There's nothing we can do. GREE is not going to sort everything out and become this amazing company with perfectly functioning games who treats all it's customers how they deserve. They aren't going to do anything of the sort, because they don't need to. People continue to spend thousands of dollars on gold despite all the faults and despite the fact that the company doesn't give a crap about it's customers.

yes we have CJ who tries hard to cater to everyones needs and requests on the forum, but there's nobody else..

They key to all of this is PROFIT, and they have us exactly where they want us.

I can't send you a message, your inbox is full. I would love too, but right now my iPhone is broken so I can't login go MW. I will send a request as soon as I can:D

Dhusagar
01-30-2013, 10:40 PM
When you are beta testing, you are in a whole different build and you play ur game there. He had no idea they were there because the beta world was counting concrete and his normal build world was adding those planes. he would not have noticed the stat increase unless he was floating back and forth between both games, but if you are the tester why would you do that!

I don't agree. I collected concrete in Beta and I don't have any MIG's. therefore this answer is too simplistic. It is correct that Beta versions can have unexpected consequences - that is why we Beta test! However, we are also expected to notify glitches; program problems etc.

If you have 99 glitches, you either are aware that it is a glitch, or you should not be a beta tester!

However, just because you are aware of a glitch, you should have to stop playing your normal game - otherwise YOU are the one that is disadvantaged. There have been situations where playing the boss events would have been impossible for beta testers without also triggering a glitch. In these situations, it is the beta testers responsibility to report it, but supports responsibility to fix it!