PDA

View Full Version : OverTime for Boss Events

Ericinico
01-27-2013, 03:50 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to have overtime for boss events? I know if your at your base and you click the boss after the time expired it will say sorry he got away, but what if you left it at the fight screen where the two guys are with the health bars and, very carefully, hit him every twenty minutes without dying? Would this work? Does anyone want to try it for me?

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-27-2013, 04:01 PM
I can neither confirm or deny, as I have never tried this technique.

I prefer to take the boss down early, if I go after him.

That said, others have reported that if you don't EXIT the game ...

(read between the lines)

(read behind the lines)

I am not allowed to say more, because it might be considered CHEATING.

Kara T
01-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Just try to finish it as quickly as you can within the time limit.....if you are having trouble near the end, try to land a few gold bars via tapjoy to help you out, or spend $10 bucks for a little gold.

Gotta run.....want to get back to cruising around on my new snow mobile!

Good luck!

solo.modernwar
01-27-2013, 09:39 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to have overtime for boss events? I know if your at your base and you click the boss after the time expired it will say sorry he got away, but what if you left it at the fight screen where the two guys are with the health bars and, very carefully, hit him every twenty minutes without dying? Would this work? Does anyone want to try it for me?

It piqued my curiosity so I gave it a shot - the answer is... "negative, Ghost Rider... " :p

King little fruit fly
01-27-2013, 09:42 PM

Can you just do it yourself and report back how it goes? :cool:

vNasty
01-28-2013, 01:30 AM
breakthrough idea but doesn't work. if you press attack after timer runs out ... it just closes screen and event goes away.

I'm trying to figure out PJ is trying to say. maybe he could PM me LOL

chbranch
01-28-2013, 09:10 AM
The first rule about "Over Time", is there is no "Over Time"!

Ericinico
01-28-2013, 09:19 AM
Can you just do it yourself and report back how it goes? :cool:
breakthrough idea but doesn't work. if you press attack after timer runs out ... it just closes screen and event goes away. The answer ⬆

Thief
01-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Yea i remember i tried this teqchnique on the 3rd or 4th Boss.....Sadly it needs to connect to the server to get the hit in i believe so there is no such thing as OT on the Boss.

Koen_S1
01-31-2013, 07:41 AM
I got a question as well: what happends when you start fighting a boss, but before the boss is finished or got away the whole event is over?

mxz
01-31-2013, 09:43 AM
I got a question as well: what happends when you start fighting a boss, but before the boss is finished or got away the whole event is over?That was answered in the 4 posts previous to yours. All 4 of them contain the answer. Every one. Feel free to read them.

digisyn
01-31-2013, 09:58 AM
I would love an "opt out" feature so it stops triggering. It is not financially responsible at my level to chase him down to 35.

Thief
02-01-2013, 08:54 AM
I would love an "opt out" feature so it stops triggering. It is not financially responsible at my level to chase him down to 35.

I would love this options in General. Even if you beat him to 35 he keeps triggering which is really annoying when you are trying to BP hunt and all you get is the boss every 2 hours. Granted there are worse things that can happen but it would be nice to be able to say....i give up. I'm done.

nothing2seehere
02-01-2013, 09:15 AM

Heh...it's not financially responsible at ANY level. :)

Koen_S1
02-01-2013, 01:36 PM
That was answered in the 4 posts previous to yours. All 4 of them contain the answer. Every one. Feel free to read them.

It actually wasnt, those were answers to the question what happends if the 2 hours are over and you attack, my question was about what if the whole event is over, but you have still like an hour left at the current boss that you are fighting.
But I can already answer my own question, when a boss is triggerd and the whole event is over, you still get the time to finish the boss/let the boss escape.

TEG
02-01-2013, 01:48 PM
I think if you are fighting a boss when the event ends it lets you finish that round with the boss.
I have seen the end timer change to "soon!" on the boss after the event ended.

If you exit and restart the app then the "boss in progress" is probably gone.

Bit of trivia - once I was fighting a boss during a daylight savings time change and it gave me an extra hour to fight him.

Alice
02-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Although not a MW player, I tried leave the screen open on CC, once boss is escaped, any action(such as hit the fight button) will force quit current boss fighting.