PDA

View Full Version : Patience is a virtue.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-26-2013, 03:54 PM
I've learned that its best to negotiate.

Negotiate means you don't demand.

That said, people (corporations are people, too) don't respond well to threats or demands.

Donald Trump, Barack Obama, and Steve Wozniak can make demands, issue threats, and back them up.

Threats, demands, and taunts aren't received well.

They rarely work, so why not endeavor to be NICE?

DragCro
01-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Can you give me your code?
Are you pirate enforcer? Is that your ign?

Q Raider
01-26-2013, 04:02 PM
“Patience is a virtue, but there comes a moment when you must stop being patient and take the day by the throat and shake it. If it fights back; fine. I'd rather end up bloody at the end of the day, than unhurt with no progress made, no knowledge gained. I'd rather have a no, than nothing. I'd forgotten that about myself.”

Laurell K Hamilton

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Can you give me your code?
Are you pirate enforcer? Is that your ign?

What does my in game have to do with being nice?

Let's put it this way, ask around, plenty people know me.

Ajk
01-26-2013, 04:04 PM
That said, people (corporations are people, too)
Interesting.

PIRATE JUSTICE
“Patience is a virtue, but there comes a moment when you must stop being patient and take the day by the throat and shake it. If it fights back; fine. I'd rather end up bloody at the end of the day, than unhurt with no progress made, no knowledge gained. I'd rather have a no, than nothing. I'd forgotten that about myself.”

Laurell K Hamilton

Yeah, those are nice words.

Unfortunately, no one's neck is gonna get kissed, let alone shaken.

PIRATE JUSTICE
Interesting.

Its more than interesting, in the US, its the law.

Ajk
01-26-2013, 04:08 PM

Yes it is...

DragCro
01-26-2013, 04:08 PM
What does my in game have to do with being nice?

Let's put it this way, ask around, plenty people know me.I'm always for it to be good & nice and in the forum and in the game.
If you read my threads you will se what is nice ;).
Some of my friends in forum are pirates.

Edit:i thought you are a pirate

I am a cow
01-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Hey PJ what's with being nice it didn't stop you from whupping my factions butt!

Sandukan
01-26-2013, 05:24 PM
If a corporation was a person then being "born" in the USA a corporation would be allowed to vote.
Corporations cannot vote.
Therefore, they are not people.

NakedCherryPie
01-26-2013, 06:41 PM
Patience has always gotten me more than I ever ask for, especially with this game.

Ranger4Life
01-26-2013, 07:20 PM
I've learned that its best to negotiate.

Negotiate means you don't demand.

That said, people (corporations are people, too) don't respond well to threats or demands.

Donald Trump, Barack Obama, and Steve Wozniak can make demands, issue threats, and back them up.

Threats, demands, and taunts aren't received well.

They rarely work, so why not endeavor to be NICE?

I agree 100% with this statement, but it's very ironic coming from someone that has 8 of the nice shiny new trinkets.

No hate here as it's not like you did anything to get those units, but just wanted to point out the irony.

Stellaman
01-26-2013, 11:48 PM
you need to get over urself pirate, ur **** most definetly stinks....

Speed ump
01-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Cow, ive known some very nice people over the years in many diff form of competition who beat the pants off the other competitors. Has nothing to do with it. Ranger, i believe its been stated that gree will be fixing the issue of the trinkets, and everyone will end up with the correct amount, assuming gree can fix the problem. He actually did do something to get a full set of those trinkets.

Wufnu
01-27-2013, 08:25 AM
If a corporation was a person then being "born" in the USA a corporation would be allowed to vote.

You are incorrect sir. Except for voting corporations have all the same rights as an individual. This was decided in an 1886 Supreme Court decision. It was one of the nastiest pieces of legal doctrine every to come down the pike, IMO.

Warfiend
01-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Patience is one of the treasures I have in life... I'm never poorer than when I lose it.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
01-27-2013, 11:45 AM
The Quorum of Twelve made demands and look where it got them.

King little fruit fly
01-27-2013, 01:13 PM
The Quorum of Twelve made demands and look where it got them.

You are one patient lurker! :p

King little fruit fly
01-27-2013, 01:28 PM

Everything is a stock with a price tag on it, that is why you have your 9 digits social security number, so is your game id. Let's not go crazy over trivial details. Lol

Ranger4Life
01-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Cow, ive known some very nice people over the years in many diff form of competition who beat the pants off the other competitors. Has nothing to do with it. Ranger, i believe its been stated that gree will be fixing the issue of the trinkets, and everyone will end up with the correct amount, assuming gree can fix the problem. He actually did do something to get a full set of those trinkets.

Oh I know. It's completely Gree's fault (to know surprise). I was just pointing out the irony.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
01-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Three monks decided to hike to the top of a local mountain and begin meditations to reach enlightenment. After reaching the peak they each sat down and began to meditate in silence. After 5 years the first monk says "Life is complicated". Another five years goes by and the second monk says "yes.. It is". Five more years go by and the third monk says "you guys talk too much".

King little fruit fly
01-27-2013, 05:37 PM
You are one patient monk. ;)