PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand this Faction event.

Wambo
01-26-2013, 09:05 AM
If anyone has any links, it would be great to post them here. This would also benefit others since I spent 15 min trying to find advice but no one explains how it works. Only Faction codes. No faction codes please, just honest advice :-)

manbeast
01-26-2013, 09:11 AM
1. You get into a group of 40-50 people
2. Once a month, you and your group compete against other groups to see who can spend the most gold (real money) in a 3 day period
3. Depending on how much gold your group spent and what participation level you had, you get rewards

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
01-26-2013, 09:12 AM
2. Once a month, you and your group compete against other groups to see who can spend the most gold (real money) in a 3 day period
3. Depending on how much gold your group spent and what participation level you had, you get rewards

Perfect...

Wambo
01-26-2013, 09:13 AM
So if you spend no gold, you get no rewards? And how do u spend the gold on what?

Wambo
01-26-2013, 09:27 AM
I thought this was more of a PvP contest but with help from others your faction?

mikebarth1955
01-26-2013, 09:38 AM
So if you spend no gold, you get no rewards? And how do u spend the gold on what?

People are giving you advice on how to "win" but that is not the same as playing.

The faction event is similar to a boss event, except that instead of having a boss on the other end, it is another faction of players. You then attack them (PvP) for points. The gold spending comes from refilling your energy (similar to buying health during a boss event). You don't have to, but if you don't, you won't score many points.

Health regenerates at the rate of 1 unit per minute, up to 100 units (same as the boss event). You can start a war every hour, and they last 60 minutes each. The current boss events, in contrast, last 2 hours. So it is very similar to a boss event, except that the adversary is not a predictable boss but is instead a faction with 5-50 players on the other end who are attacking back.

You can start your own faction-of-one if you want to. About 97% of all factions listed prior to the Battle for Brazil had three or less players.

There are rewards for top 10,000 factions, top 5,000 factions, etc. so it should not be that hard to get SOMETHING out of this. The real competition comes in trying to place in the top 100, top 25, top 10, etc.

manbeast
01-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Best prizes are given to top 3, next best prize to top 10, 25, 100, and so on. The prize brackets are cumulative so the 1st place faction gets the top 10, 25, 100 prizes as well. Each of these top 3 groups spent $15,000-$25,000 (real money) in this past event. The top 10 had to spend about $10,000. The top 25 was possible to do for free with heavy participation.

Wambo
01-26-2013, 09:43 AM
This is great advise! Thankx Mike, and thank you too ManBeast! I'm more of a free player, never spent money on the game so at least I know there is no point in hoping for the top spots but at least you still get something for trying. If someone else has something to add that has not been said, please- don't be shy!

Wambo
01-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Best prizes are given to top 3, next best prize to top 10, 25, 100, and so on. The prize brackets are cumulative so the 1st place faction gets the top 10, 25, 100 prizes as well. Each of these top 3 groups spent $15,000-$25,000 (real money) in this past event. The top 10 had to spend about $10,000. The top 25 was possible to do for free with heavy participation.

American Dollars?

qq1972
01-26-2013, 12:41 PM

I didn't spend gold, and I was in the top 5000 which had 2 units as the reward.
406a/293d and 143a/336d:cool:

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-26-2013, 12:46 PM
American Dollars?Or, the applicable currency equivalent, plus Apple's foreign currency mark up.

bonerepairs
01-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Could some learned for mum member explain how fortifications, health work to the factions advantage. Are they worth having at all?
thanks

Wambo
01-27-2013, 12:14 AM
I didn't spend gold, and I was in the top 5000 which had 2 units as the reward.
406a/293d and 143a/336d:cool:

Ooo I'm getting goosebumps! Can't wait to start. I missed Brazil but I'm not missing anymore!

Wambo
01-27-2013, 12:19 AM
Could some learned for mum member explain how fortifications, health work to the factions advantage. Are they worth having at all?
thanks

If your the leader, I'm sure you see a different menu. I'm just a faction member, but from what I'm guessing, you have to spend big money (millions) plus concrete blocks (you win these from PvPs(person vs person) when you win the battle) once one fortification has been built, you upgrade it. If I'm wrong, please correct me people!

Wambo
01-27-2013, 12:21 AM
Or, the applicable currency equivalent, plus Apple's foreign currency mark up.

I can only imagine the amount of wife's that has divorced their husbands because of this!

spitfire
01-27-2013, 12:32 AM
I can only imagine the amount of wife's that has divorced their husbands because of this!
Mine gets pissed off when I get attacked, buys iTunes gift cards for me and tells me to attack back. Am I normal?

Wambo
01-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Mine gets pissed off when I get attacked, buys iTunes gift cards for me and tells me to attack back. Am I normal?

You my friend, is bloody lucky! Fancy a wife swap?

Wambo
01-27-2013, 12:34 AM

Is it better to use iTunes gift cards rather than buying gold through the game? If so, why?

MattThomas08
01-27-2013, 04:00 AM
It's the same thing. you just pay for the gold with a gift card.

spitfire
01-27-2013, 04:52 AM
You my friend, is bloody lucky! Fancy a wife swap?

No thanks. It took me ages to turn her into a full heavy metal guru like her other half. From rihanna to machinehead. It wasn't easy.

Yankster
01-27-2013, 06:51 AM

awesome!!!

BigD@wg
01-27-2013, 07:05 AM
awesome!!!

I must agree! Manbeast's explanation of faction has to be best and most accurate to date. Lol!

Wambo
01-27-2013, 09:31 AM
No thanks. It took me ages to turn her into a full heavy metal guru like her other half. From rihanna to machinehead. It wasn't easy.

Think I should turn this thread into "help me understand how you turn a loving but angry wife into a full heavy metal machine headed guru" fair play to ya pal!!

Wambo
01-27-2013, 09:36 AM
So, after knowing an idea of how the PVP faction works. Does the battle for brazil, Greenland etc etc share the same idea/principle? Is there anything different? Come on you pro's, tell us more!

spitfire
01-27-2013, 11:43 AM
PVP are just factions with the most attacks against players. Last time it was top 50 factions who got a limited edition aircraft just for that event. But with brazil you can actually see World Domination points and the prizes are different for first, second, third, top 10, 25, and so on. If you plan on making it to the top, it's impossible without gold unless u have a bunch of jobless bunch sipping on redbull 24/7, that's a different case.

Wambo
01-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Another 8million a day donated which totals to another 24million! But i need more consistent players that can contribute well. If anyone else is reading this, and you want to join our faction, simply message us what you can contribute a day, our team will discuss if your worthy, and as long as you play more than once a day, we will be happy... what are you guys waiting for? Join the Revolutionary Guerilla's today... 294033562

Wambo
01-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Also does anyone know if the faction attack bonuses apply to boss events? Oh and I noticed the Leader is (obviously) called the "Leader", others are called "members", but my second profile is called "officer". What's the difference between members and officers? Also I have a shield next to my name, but I'm not the leader, so it it up to me to fight more than the other members/officers?

manbeast
01-27-2013, 06:14 PM
i've been donating 40 million per day. well over 1 billion total :)

Hello Kitty
01-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Or, the applicable currency equivalent, plus Apple's foreign currency mark up.'Bout pee'd my pants on this one. Probably ought to give the poor bloke a "markup" range.

Wambo
01-27-2013, 06:30 PM
i've been donating 40 million per day. well over 1 billion total :)

How the hell...? You my friend, lives up to your name! Can I add you as a friend? I can keep an eye on your tactics and comments? :-D Please! Either add 910341969 or 364333063. Send me a message if you have a different in game name. If not, worth a damn good try lol...

Wambo
01-27-2013, 06:33 PM
'Bout pee'd my pants on this one. Probably ought to give the poor bloke a "markup" range.

Wow, I'm honoured, Hello Kitty is also in the house!! What has happened to War Priest tho? I only ask as i knew you guys was close. Also please explain this "mark up" range. I'm lost trying to understand what you guys mean!

manbeast
01-27-2013, 08:01 PM
How the hell...? You my friend, lives up to your name! Can I add you as a friend? I can keep an eye on your tactics and comments? :-D Please! Either add 910341969 or 364333063. Send me a message if you have a different in game name. If not, worth a damn good try lol...

request sent to both! IGN is NakedCherryPie

Wambo
01-27-2013, 08:36 PM
request sent to both! IGN is NakedCherryPie

Holly Crap! Two level 8 oil rigs, two anniversary centres level 2 and 3, level 3 Nanotechs and a whole load of upgraded gold purchased buildings. You Beast!

King little fruit fly
01-27-2013, 09:07 PM
No need to shout, Wambo, have you visited Ferrgie's base. All his buildings are at level 10, he is so bored now that he uses his 200 billion cash to develop land. :cool:

Corsair
01-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Hah, manbeast that was the best definition. Welcome back Wambo. WP was permabanned months ago. Most of the rest of us are still around but many have separate faction forums, so now it's mostly just complaining, gloating, and recruiting. And there's PJ, who is a category unto himself. :)

I'll drop you a couple of invites.

Wambo
01-27-2013, 09:22 PM
No need to shout, Wambo, have you visited Ferrgie's base. All his buildings are at level 10, he is so bored now that he uses his 200 billion cash to develop land. :cool:

Will look out for ferrgie on level 200 I assume? By the way, nice cartoon :-)

Wambo
01-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Hah, manbeast that was the best definition. Welcome back Wambo. WP was permabanned months ago. Most of the rest of us are still around but many have separate faction forums, so now it's mostly just complaining, gloating, and recruiting. And there's PJ, who is a category unto himself. :)

Good to back buddy! But I'm confused about WP, I used to be really bad and they would only ban me for 50 hours or so each time... And most of the time, it was WP who used to tell me to kindly calm down before they blocked me. He is a really nice placid guy? What did he do so wrong to get a permanent ban lol? As for "PJ" I'm curious... And the invites would really be appreciated! Don't forget yours! :-D

Corsair
01-27-2013, 10:04 PM
I sent requests to both your IDs. WP placid? Heh, you must have missed his bad days. :). He had a few. And then he decided to go out in a blaze of glory by insulting CCMark repeatedly. He needed the break, really, he was starting school. He's still in game, and I think in a faction, but not as active.

And oh yeah, CCMark was laid off, too. But CJ is doing a great job of trying to keep us all happy.

Wambo
01-27-2013, 10:11 PM

Thanks for the invite, always wondered on your base a far while back. Nice! I love the way you strategically placed your composite factory behind those tall Gas Factory's. It must be very hard to click on and attack. Very sneaky but smart... Keep up the good job!

Wambo
01-27-2013, 10:20 PM
I sent requests to both your IDs. WP placid? Heh, you must have missed his bad days. :). He had a few. And then he decided to go out in a blaze of glory by insulting CCMark repeatedly. He needed the break, really, he was starting school. He's still in game, and I think in a faction, but not as active.

And oh yeah, CCMark was laid off, too. But CJ is doing a great job of trying to keep us all happy.

I'm glad CCMark was laid off, I didn't quite get along with him myself. And CJ has always done a great job... If your reading this CJ, here's to you! Shame about War Priest though. Perhaps we should start a new thread and get as many people as possible to get him back online due to popular demand. If it wasn't for his wisdom, I would not have had joined the forum. I think we all owe him this?

honduh_head
01-27-2013, 11:47 PM

:thumbup: my ole lady is a huge slipknot fan... def won brownie points for me. that and her amazing arse.

Wambo
01-27-2013, 11:50 PM
:thumbup: def won brownie points for me. that and her amazing arse.

Um... Awkward... Ain't you supposed to get get banned for talking about non Funzio/Gree topics???

Only joking bud, we all love a lovely ass... Wanna share a picture :-D

Mastert55
01-28-2013, 02:26 AM
What would you say a good amount of gold is for the next event? like 3000 or more?

Wambo
01-28-2013, 05:29 AM
What would you say a good amount of gold is for the next event? like 3000 or more?

Sounds like a good start...

Wambo
01-28-2013, 06:09 AM
Answer me this guys, i have donated so much concrete that I don't think we will use all during this Greenland event. When the event is over, will we loose the concrete? Do you only donate them when the leader needs them. Only "Battle for Brazil" contestants need apply for this message... ManBeast? Are you there?

Wambo
02-01-2013, 12:45 AM
I'm trying defeating opponents in order to receive wd points but no joy. Does my leader have to commence war or something? And how?