PDA

View Full Version : Best Tablet for Android?

nic4msu
01-25-2013, 11:21 PM
My LLP is on an almost unplayable android phone. Since you can't transfer between Android and iOS, which Android tablets are decent to play on? I understand that Gree gives preference to iOS, and love using my iPad for my HLP, but need to upgrade my Android device to give my LLP a shot at actually contributing during events.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-25-2013, 11:50 PM
It depends on personal preference. Most any tablet between $200-250 should be quite serviceable.

SuperSonic Chimp
01-26-2013, 12:09 AM
My girlfriend plays on a Galaxy tab....about the same as the phone, only bigger.

Clownius
01-26-2013, 03:58 AM
I havent tested it on my Transformer yet but im sure it could play it fine.

Just wondering what the issues you are that are making it hard to play on your phone? Its running as well as can be expected on mine. It may not be the phone at fault it may be gree quality code. Us android users have suffered with that for a while.

stuartb
01-26-2013, 05:13 AM
Kindle Fire does NOT have scratchers, Tapjoy free gold, factions, etc. I have been camping with it since October, hoping GREE would fix it. When dealing with GREE, though, if you hope in one hand and spit in the other, one hand is going to get filled up faster than the other.

Agent Orange
01-26-2013, 07:20 AM
My wife's Android phone is useless as well. I had an Envisen Android 4 tablet for testing and for $79 it works fine. Not fast but at least the game is almost playable. Pity Android players cannot move to IOS at least then those locked out of the battles might have some fun.

Oh and on the Android phone he current boss event does not work, even after deleting and reloading the current version from the play store. Could be auto updating that is NFG.

nic4msu
01-26-2013, 10:00 AM
My wife's Android phone is useless as well. I had an Envisen Android 4 tablet for testing and for $79 it works fine. Not fast but at least the game is almost playable. Pity Android players cannot move to IOS at least then those locked out of the battles might have some fun.

Oh and on the Android phone he current boss event does not work, even after deleting and reloading the current version from the play store. Could be auto updating that is NFG.

I'm able to fight the boss on my android -- when it lets me in the game at all. Even got the best rare on level 3! I have the Bionic, & couldn't upgrade to a better phone even if I wanted to (& I really, really do!!!) because I'm still grandfathered into verizon's unlimited data plan. The biggest issue is that it typically takes 8-10 tries to even get in-game, and then I can only play through LTE -- it won't load through WiFi, ever! I have the usual android 3-4 mission max usage before force close, but it may be hrs before I can get back in. I'm guessing a new device will be an improvement over that.

mikebarth1955
01-26-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm still grandfathered into verizon's unlimited data plan.

I was in the same boat with the Verizon unlimited plan, but we went ahead and switched. If it is any consolation, i am actually saving a couple of bucks a month since I switched from the unlimited plan. I have teenage daughters, so dropping the unlimited plan was a real leap of faith, but if it makes playing MW better, it is of course worth it at any price. LOL

ohgreatitsryan
01-26-2013, 10:38 AM
I've played this on my Galaxy S3, galaxy note II, galaxy player 3.6 and Nexus 7. For the cost, and just for an all around great tablet I'd go with a Nexus 7 or 10. Though playing it on any of these has been tolerable, and a note II is only a little bit smaller than the 7....

chbranch
01-26-2013, 11:13 AM
I play on the Nexus 7 and I really enjoy it. No problems what so ever.

Wufnu
01-26-2013, 12:22 PM
I play my LLP account on my NookColor.

jgmecarter
01-26-2013, 02:50 PM
If you are looking for a good tablet try the nexus 7 (200-250$) or the nexus 10 (500$). The Galaxy note 10.1 (500$) is a great tablet as well. You guys that are having trouble getting the game to work right try killing the ram on your devise and then try to open the game. That always makes it work for me. If that don't work uninstall the app and then reinstall it again. Just make sure you set up your account first so you don't lose your game.

Agent Orange
01-29-2013, 04:08 PM
If you have a jailbroken Playbook you might be able to download it from the Playstore but as it sits I can't even get to the Playstore from my Playbook.

I picked up a d2 Pad yesterday for $89 to do some testing of another product and it runs MW quite well. Seems like all the features are available too which for Android is surprising on it's own. It sure isn't an IOS device but for the price interesting. Now if I can just get it to release the 32GB card is swallowed.....

bustkokie
01-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Asus transformer infinity 700.. Runs like a well oiled machine. Pricey but overall does everything without a problem. $599

RonnieBrown
04-03-2013, 10:06 AM
My LLP is on an almost unplayable android phone. Since you can't transfer between Android and iOS, which android tablet (http://www.robustbuy.com/laptops-tablets-android-tablets-c-551_1107.html) are decent to play on? I understand that Gree gives preference to iOS, and love using my iPad for my HLP, but need to upgrade my Android device to give my LLP a shot at actually contributing during events.

Just get new Samsung Galaxy tab 3 and enjoy latest games and features without any problem

Agent Orange
04-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Since this thread got Necro'd thought I would update. On our LG "dumb as a box of rox" phone the MW is virtually unplayable. There isn't enough free memory to download any updates so they need to be manually installed after deleting the previous version. Once you finally get the game installed I am finding that server connections are sketchy at best to non-existent. When you do finally get connect expect to have a minimum of 1 lockup for every other move you make.

The two tablets are considerably better.

ohgreatitsryan
04-03-2013, 10:55 AM
I just want to say that still, for some silly reason, my POS galaxy media player 3.6 (the worst one made) is still the most problem free android device I've ever played MW on. I just feel like this makes so little sense that I feel compelled to share.

bluuuurr
04-03-2013, 01:46 PM
My nexus 7 did just fine. Pretty good bang for the buck at $200 new. I bet you could find a used one for less than $150.

Beamer
04-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Nexus get a nexus

her122
04-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I was playing on a samsung tablet, but it had a full win8 OS so was using bluestacks. This weekend I picked up a 7" lenovo from bestbuy for $129 (on sale). Works great! And can't beat the price for something I only want to play android games on.

Hubby plays on a tranformer, and it works well. But its much more costly than the lenovo and much bulkier.

It all comes down to what you want to spend and what features you want.

The_Don
04-03-2013, 07:33 PM
My Nexus 7 is awesome. Second choice is Galaxy Tab 2.

ertrifo
04-03-2013, 07:41 PM
I have Google Nexus 7 and is running ok

Mongo
04-04-2013, 12:37 AM
No one has clarified the relevance of "free" tabs like nexus vs proprietary units like nook, kindle. I have a kindle fire HD 7, beautiful device BUT limited events, eg I get faction, bosses but nothing else. I get scratchers & can tap free gold ONLY from the scratcher. No free gold videos I hear about from friends. This is NOT a gree issue, it is an amazon issue.

You can enlighten the kindle by rooting it, this would allow google playstore functionality, but I am unsure whether this changes the MW play. Perhaps one is stuck with the amazon version of app?