PDA

View Full Version : where is the rewards for top 3 players and contributors in each faction???

igorchik7
01-25-2013, 10:29 PM
:(Gree promised that the top three players and contributors of each faction will get rewards. But it never happened. Im top 2 in my faction. I spend 600$ and made 230,000 WD points. Also i donated alot of money to my faction, but i never received reward. does someone know anything about it???

rce
01-26-2013, 02:51 AM
I was wondering the same thing.

Medway Poacher
01-26-2013, 02:56 AM
I am in exactly the same position, it's all gone quiet about the small print in the game.:(

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
01-26-2013, 03:15 AM
:(Gree promised that the top three players and contributors of each fraction will get rewards. But it never happened. Im top 2 in my faction. I spend 600$ and made 230,000 WD points. Also i donated alot of money to my faction, but i never received reward. does someone know anything about it???

Surprise surprise.. Buried away in one of these forum posts you will find CJ stating that the "top 3 per faction" reward got trashed. Strange right? This must be one of those rare occasions in which gree says one thing and does another.. Very rare indeed ey?

Dutchie
01-26-2013, 03:59 AM
They couldn't get the script that distributes prizes to work for awarding the top 3 members in each faction. It is a technical issue as well as a moral issue. Why should all members in a 3 man faction who only fought 1 battle during the event be awarded the same prize as members who scored 100,000+ WD points for their faction who were heavily involved in the WD Event. It was an announcement that GREE hadn't properly thought through and I'm sure that they now regret making it in the 1st place!

Accept that it is not going to happen and move on!

Sumiala
01-26-2013, 04:47 AM
They couldn't get the script that distributes prizes to work for awarding the top 3 members in each faction. It is a technical issue as well as a moral issue. Why should all members in a 3 man faction who only fought 1 battle during the event be awarded the same prize as members who scored 100,000+ WD points for their faction who were heavily involved in the WD Event. It was an announcement that GREE hadn't properly thought through and I'm sure that they now regret making it in the 1st place!

Accept that it is not going to happen and move on!

Agree.
I was first in my faction, but frankly I think it might just cause strive within the faction.
We work as a team, take losses on the chin as a team, and celebrate our victories as a team.
Think Gree should have thought about it a bit more, before going public...

NakedCherryPie
01-26-2013, 04:59 AM
GREE never promised anything. Where do you see GREE saying "We promise"?

rarry13
01-26-2013, 05:16 AM
First let me say that my issue is second to the fractions that have not been rewarded there pieces as of yet because it will hurt them during Artic Driller campaign

They could have remove top three fraction leader reward from list at any time but it stayed right into Greenland’s rewards they did not bother to remove until the complaints started to roll in. It may hurt there income on next event as maybe I do not spend RM over 300 bills last time out.

Give the players that made it a point to be in top three of fraction there rewards; after all, you are giving the dead beats there rewards when they just took a ride on our backs for the rewards we earned through blood sweat and tears. LOL

igorchik7
01-26-2013, 11:36 AM
You can just say: "PEOPLE I AM GREE WORKER!!!!"
stop protecting them, and if you that smart tell me where is the price for TOP 10 000. Why did they remove it from the reward list? Because they were so cheap. Same thing happened with top 3 players. They would be more happy if people by units for gold. The unit was about 230 attack / defense. And unit like that cost 800 gold! and thats 50$..
If you not Gree worker, then you just a bit slow....

Speed ump
01-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Igor, cherry pie was simply stating the obvious. He was not trying to say it was right. Theres a lot that gree has done that many felt isnt right. Cally him names wont change that either. Its something we have become accustomed to in this game. Believe me, none of us like it, or agree with it. Amymore than i like paying the amount of taxes that i do, but i dont have much say in that either.

NakedCherryPie
01-26-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm guessing nobody read the backlash from the thread that was originally posted stating the top 3 in each FACTION(not fRaction) get an award. It was a silly idea from the start and got removed like it should have. Why would someone in a top 10 faction who placed 20th on their team, but would have easily placed 1st on the other 5,000 teams(hence the removal of the top 10,000 award) not get the award, but a player who scored much less does?

ohgreatitsryan
01-26-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm guessing nobody read the backlash from the thread that was originally posted stating the top 3 in each FACTION(not fRaction) get an award. It was a silly idea from the start and got removed like it should have. Why would someone in a top 10 faction who placed 20th on their team, but would have easily placed 1st on the other 5,000 teams(hence the removal of the top 10,000 award) not get the award, but a player who scored much less does?
I agree that it was the stupidest idea possible on their part to offer a top 3 in each faction reward, and they were smart(ish) and called it off, but the real problem is that they weren't on top of things enough to actually remove it from the game before, or even after the event had started. Due to their silly lack of detail, they almost have to honor it, especially if someone that had spent any real money chasing the top 3 spots in their faction, because it could potentially open them up to legal action, or(scarier for them) removal from the app store for violating Apple's ToS, but that's only if someone actually had the cojones to follow through on the myriad idle threats they make about retaining council and beginning to put together class members.
But we all know no one will.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Why must it be honored?

If they refuse, how will they be forced to comply?

This is a silly game.

Or, what I like to call a SCAME.

It doesn't matter.

They won't pay, and I don't blame them.

If I owned this game, it'd make Gree look benevolent.

I'd not only fleece you, I'd scalp and skin you.

I agree that it was the stupidest idea possible on their part to offer a top 3 in each faction reward, and they were smart(ish) and called it off, but the real problem is that they weren't on top of things enough to actually remove it from the game before, or even after the event had started. Due to their silly lack of detail, they almost have to honor it, especially if someone that had spent any real money chasing the top 3 spots in their faction, because it could potentially open them up to legal action, or(scarier for them) removal from the app store for violating Apple's ToS, but that's only if someone actually had the cojones to follow through on the myriad idle threats they make about retaining council and beginning to put together class members.But we all know no one will.

ohgreatitsryan
01-26-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm just saying "they almost have to," and what I mean is it would be smart to just so they could cover their own arses, in the case that something came of it, which it never will, because everyone here likes to make idle threats.

Q Raider
01-26-2013, 02:46 PM
PJ....Shouldn't that be keelhauled rather than scalped and skinned?

Speedump....paying to much tax....You need a better accountant. :-)

Bit of a mess all round. The statement did not make much sense but it was left sitting in the most likely place for people to see (World domination walkthrough) and was only removed yesterday.

Without the angst in the forum it would likely have remained as bait for those that do not know or come here so at least that is an outcome.

As the statement specified "Reward" then Gree do have the capacity to solve the problem, linking the magnitude of the reward to the total number of attacks made, as in reality, this is the truest indicator of participation in the event.

Eg
One Gree Groat for every attack made up to xxx attacks, two Gree groats for every attack above xxx.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-26-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm just saying "they almost have to," and what I mean is it would be smart to just so they could cover their own arses, in the case that something came of it, which it never will, because everyone here likes to make idle threats.

The Honey Badger doesn't care, because the Honey Badger is one bad mammal.

Gree is so cool, they don't care that the Honey Badger don't care, because that's the way Gree rolls.

I am a cow
01-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Sick it up guys GREE is cheap even though they are a massive company. If we all stop buying gold and don't participate in event then they WILL make the game better for us

andypandy2
01-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Free player/Cow, I appreciate your sacrifice.

Sandukan
01-26-2013, 05:33 PM
I do recall outrage when it was proposed that the top 3 from each faction would be awarded prizes separately.
Something about division among the ranks and unfair to the non-gold players in a faction.

~Death U~

andypandy2
01-26-2013, 06:35 PM
No, the real problem was that a faction of only one player could win. Now, the real problem is that hundreds of players spent massive amounts of gold to win the prize in legitimate factions because the game indicated there was such a prize.

NakedCherryPie
01-26-2013, 06:36 PM
I have never made an idle threat.

igorchik7
01-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Well this is not the first time Gree puts something out there and when everyone sees the reward and starts playing and Gree Changes Their minds.

MINDBO
01-26-2013, 10:42 PM
a little competition with your fellow brothers in arms is healthy... sure as a team we get to see where we measure up, but I'm sure a lot of you guys are making cuts and recruiting fresh/differently based on performance reviews of your squad just like we are... competition inside the faction would make the top players really step up there games and an overwhelming majority of all our factions would score 5-20% more WD points for it (loose estimate made from pulling numbers out of my...)

I don't think the idea was silly at all, if they're not smart enough to write the code for it then they're are silly but not the idea.

competition inside each faction would only spark the top 3-5 (or more in some factions) to whip out the credit card to earn a decent prize additional to the team prizes. One guy in my faction decided to go balls to the wall to surpass me at the end and it was a cool psychological experiment for me to watch it unfold, as this person NEEDED to be number one AT ALL COSTS

makes money for gree, makes factions more competitive (based on the handicap of not having hackers or a billionaire gamer enrolled keeping the top 3 spots out of reach for 99.97%) which is cool keep glitching and tweaking or whatever you young wipper snappers are doing these days (is it whipper or wipper or what...)

anyway, great idea.

learn the code.

implement the code

set cool prizes

lets conquer Greenland.

MINDBO
01-26-2013, 10:56 PM
:(Gree promised that the top three players and contributors of each faction will get rewards. But it never happened. Im top 2 in my faction. I spend 600$ and made 230,000 WD points. Also i donated alot of money to my faction, but i never received reward. does someone know anything about it???

here's what EVERY (smart) corporation places in those thousands of words you'll never read marked under TERMS or TOS... and specifically here is Gree's

Funzio reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site or Services, including any content thereon, or any parts of the foregoing with or without notice. You agree that Funzio will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site or Services, including any content thereon, or any parts of the foregoing with or without notice.

so basically, they could recoup all the money (or decide to take a bath) from this buyout of funzio decide all the forum whining is not worth the payday and then take a flamethrower to all their servers, except one which would just scroll the message "Later Loser" and we could all sue them and theyd be partying with charlie sheen and 100 hookers without a worry in the world.. And, yeah, I think thats pretty cool.

So start your own company, creating raving lunatic fans that spend millions over a weekend with you and make your own decisions on how to run the company.

...But yeah, Top 3 in faction prize still = great idea.

vNasty
01-27-2013, 12:37 AM

touche lol only thing gree promises to do is piss people off.

NakedCherryPie
01-27-2013, 05:20 AM
a little competition with your fellow brothers in arms is healthy... sure as a team we get to see where we measure up, but I'm sure a lot of you guys are making cuts and recruiting fresh/differently based on performance reviews of your squad just like we are... competition inside the faction would make the top players really step up there games and an overwhelming majority of all our factions would score 5-20% more WD points for it (loose estimate made from pulling numbers out of my...)

I don't think the idea was silly at all, if they're not smart enough to write the code for it then they're are silly but not the idea.

competition inside each faction would only spark the top 3-5 (or more in some factions) to whip out the credit card to earn a decent prize additional to the team prizes. One guy in my faction decided to go balls to the wall to surpass me at the end and it was a cool psychological experiment for me to watch it unfold, as this person NEEDED to be number one AT ALL COSTS

makes money for gree, makes factions more competitive (based on the handicap of not having hackers or a billionaire gamer enrolled keeping the top 3 spots out of reach for 99.97%) which is cool keep glitching and tweaking or whatever you young wipper snappers are doing these days (is it whipper or wipper or what...)

anyway, great idea.

learn the code.

implement the code

set cool prizes

lets conquer Greenland.No, I would broker a deal with my fellow teammates, since that's what smart team players do.

MINDBO
01-27-2013, 12:23 PM
No, I would broker a deal with my fellow teammates, since that's what smart team players do.

I know you like to keep "secrets" and be all "reluctant guru" on us so please allow me to drink from your wisdom well and instill some broker ideas so I can fully understand what you "smart" team players do... as I desperately yearn for smart status.

- No joke, I want to eat your knowledge up, serve me a portion you believe my pea brain can handle.

In PM if you wish to keep the air of mystery alive

CplJC
01-27-2013, 12:48 PM
someone close this thread, It has been established it was change during the event! This is a free game where people choose to spend money...GREE is not liable for broken promises!

Dutchie
01-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Closed! ;)

King little fruit fly
01-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Before we close this thread, the top 3 deserve the extra rewards. This is capitalism at its best.

NakedCherryPie
01-27-2013, 01:23 PM
I know you like to keep "secrets" and be all "reluctant guru" on us so please allow me to drink from your wisdom well and instill some broker ideas so I can fully understand what you "smart" team players do... as I desperately yearn for smart status.

- No joke, I want to eat your knowledge up, serve me a portion you believe my pea brain can handle.

In PM if you wish to keep the air of mystery alivePlease share your game info; in-game name, level, ally count, etc. I can visit you and offer all kinds of advice.

NakedCherryPie
01-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Before we close this thread, the top 3 deserve the extra rewards. This is capitalism at its best."Deserve" is a word used I would use loosely.

Dutchie
01-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Please share your game info; in-game name, level, ally count, etc. I can visit you and offer all kinds of advice.

Wouldn't a visit be a little tricky if he's an LLP... unless you have a few accounts distributed amongst the levels ;)

NakedCherryPie
01-27-2013, 02:33 PM
I have 5 accounts, on five stolen iPads, using 5 times the stolen wifi.

Dutchie
01-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Only 5 NakedCherryPies!!??? I thought you would have baked some more but it sounds like you ran out of ingredients!