PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck..

Valid or
01-24-2013, 05:32 PM
I almost cant believe this, 1 box opened in 12 hours. Every other one failed...
Think it's time to find a new rabbit...the old rabbits foot Isn't working anymore....lol
All attemts were gold, glad I spent months working on my iph.lol

Proprioc3ption
01-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Box events are not worth participating in to the full extent unless you are willing to spend gems and pay. Been tried and tested. LTQE are better for free/gold players.

Just do what I'm doing, spend you game gold and see what happens.

bobfishcake
01-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Yeah I view these events as ones for heavy gem spenders.

Form previous events it was estimated that you had to try and open 100 boxes (basically opening them all the time) with gold to get to 15. Given this and the fact that I sleep and work I'm just using the free option and use the gold to buy normal units.

Zesder
01-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Ive the bad luck hitting me too.
Main account 3 openings and secondary account 0.

The Big Weezy
02-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Box events are not worth participating in to the full extent unless you are willing to spend gems and pay. Been tried and tested. LTQE are better for free/gold players.

Just do what I'm doing, spend you game gold and see what happens.

Definitely what I plan on doing! Only thing is that with the abysmal drop rates of most recent LTQ, even that seems to be a dwindling option for free player advancement of elite units...

jonny0284
02-07-2013, 05:49 PM
even that seems to be a dwindling option for free player advancement of elite units...

I think many were given enough over the past 4 months. ;) Time to truly endure and earn some.

Or, buy that rewarding feeling.

Mickeytah
02-07-2013, 07:19 PM
I think many were given enough over the past 4 months. ;) Time to truly endure and earn some.

But I wasn't done collecting my free handouts!

DIrishB
02-08-2013, 02:00 AM

Or, buy that rewarding feeling.

I'd argue that the LTQ (40 parts) were probably more profitable for Gree in terms of players buying gems for energy replenishment than the random/chance based quests like the current LTQ or the box events, since players not only received great units each step of the way to 40, but would probably feel safer spending gems since the finish line was set and not determined by a small chance of drop or box opening.

From a business standpoint I'd say the 40 part LTQs are the way to go for players to be encouraged to give their hard earned money to Gree. Of course that's only my opinion, and perhaps I'm wrong, but I think most players (gem spenders or free players) probably prefer those 40 part LTQs to the current 10 part, chance based LTQ. And I think more players would be willing to spend gems on the 40 part LTQ than the 10.

jonny0284
02-08-2013, 03:09 AM
I'd argue that the LTQ (40 parts) were probably more profitable for Gree in terms of players buying gems for energy replenishment than the random/chance based quests like the current LTQ or the box events, since players not only received great units each step of the way to 40, but would probably feel safer spending gems since the finish line was set and not determined by a small chance of drop or box opening.

From a business standpoint I'd say the 40 part LTQs are the way to go for players to be encouraged to give their hard earned money to Gree. Of course that's only my opinion, and perhaps I'm wrong, but I think most players (gem spenders or free players) probably prefer those 40 part LTQs to the current 10 part, chance based LTQ. And I think more players would be willing to spend gems on the 40 part LTQ than the 10.

As I will agree with you from the standpoint on getting players to invest in the game via the LTQ; (I only started Gem buying with the onset of the Vallata LTQ.) I do have to say that many aren't willing to buy in (go back and re-read the LTQ threads, you'll see) because of a few variables.

1. Some players have low HS and would still have to buy 2x the amount of Gems that others would need to finish just the last 3-4 quests of a 40-type.

2. Many players have realized that they can walk away with 1.5-2.5k of indestructibles and a decent set of armor/weapon (+ the other class types) for the good 'ol price of nada. Zilch. The mentality is, I got enough for free, those last few don't justify the means.

So, I'll give you that some are buying in.:) Others, just aren't. Or simply...never will.