PDA

View Full Version : The WD boycot plan for all top faction if Gree hold on to 5 days

Ferr
01-24-2013, 09:13 AM
We cant accept this happening again. The scheduled battle is too soon and lasts for too long. Although we are making jokes about it but many of us have got themselves in rather big problems in their personal lives by not wanting to miss out on a single hour of this event. It has tired many down, it has bleeded many out of gold and a sense of depression is actually more present than victory or accomplishment. In fact not many are that enthousiastic anymore about the next Greenland battle compared to the start of this first Brasil battle. I may be misstaken though...

I propose to all top faction to not play the first two days. Especially, the top three or top 10. Or if you do, do it very moderately keeping the differences to a minimum. I would say a maximum of 50k WD points per hour or so.

What are your thoughts on this?

Wufnu
01-24-2013, 09:16 AM
We cant accept this happening again. The scheduled battle is too soon and lasts for too long. Although we are making jokes about it but many of us have got themselves in rather big problems in their personal lives by not wanting to miss out on a single hour of this event. It has tired many down, it has bleeded many out of gold and a sense of depression is actually more present than victory or accomplishment. In fact not many are that enthousiastic anymore about the next Greenland battle compared to the start of this first Brasil battle. I may be misstaken though...

I propose to all top faction to not play the first two days. Especially, the top three or top 10. Or if you do, do it very moderately keeping the differences to a minimum. I would say a maximum of 50k WD points per hour or so.

It's a nice thought Ferr but I'm afraid whoever is next in line will just step up their efforts.

I agree that's it's all rather anticlimatic, especially with the latest prize glitch.

Ferr
01-24-2013, 09:21 AM
It's a nice thought Ferr but I'm afraid whoever is next in line will just step up their efforts.

I agree that's it's all rather anticlimatic, especially with the latest prize glitch.
The faction below top ten can try but that would be a loss of their gold as they would not stand a chance against any upcoming top faction who can make over 1 million in WD point if necessary

Ferr
01-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Per hour that is. So no problem if they would step up and spend, but do not complain afterwards ;)

P4TR1C14N
01-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Gree did get want they want... Our money. If you don't invest a weaker faction will win. Maybe less money for gree, but then they just invent something else to pull it back out of your pockets.

In short, yes ferr... It takes too long. If they shorten it, i fear the other days will be remplaced by another kind of event that pulls money out of all of us.

But at least the 'battle' is more appealing then. On the other hand... Can we call this WD game even a battle... No strategy needed in the end. Count how deep your pockets are and that's it.

Thief
01-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Ferr i completely agree with you about 5 days being too long. It make the game VERY dry especially if you don't have 6k gold to keep restoring your health.

After Gree Fixes the Rewards and our Individual Standings in our Factions (as this is a must)

They should make the next event 48-72 hours
Then they should link attacks to Stamina (that only makes sense right? Stamina allows you to attack other players?? Plus it will make players level faster and play a more active role in the game)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the Boycott. You might be able to get the top 3 to participate in the event. Afterall they probably finished much higher than the top 10 position. The problem with the top 10 not participating is then players would feel like they would potentially giving up their position (which they probably would) Watching the Leaderboard it was a very close Race i'm assuming between those place top 7 and those placing top 14.

Regardless Gree should just Fix the problems so everyone can be on a semi level playing field.

Dutchie
01-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Ferr,

I am glad that the top 3 factions decided to call it a truce for the last couple of days of the B4B event to send a message to GREE that they would only understand... money! I am sure that the revenues generated declined heavily in the last 2 days and hopefully they will accept that it is far too long for such high intensity gameplay. So thank you PUN, Ferr's Emperors and Super Faction for making this decision that should hopefully get GREE to come to the right decision. Also congratulations to all 3 factions and their members for claiming the top 3 places.

I know that the Battle for Greenland splash screen states 5 days, but as ever, these splash screens are subject to change as with the last WD event splash screen. I am sure that CJ54 has picked up on what we, their customers, are saying and they will make the necessary changes including shortening it to 2 or 3 days max and fixing the glitches found such as the 'Attack Again' button to make this event even more enjoyable and to bring back a little sanity to our ever hectic daily schedules.

Groetjes,
Dutchie

Ranger4Life
01-24-2013, 09:28 AM
The people in my faction are with you Ferr! The length of the BfB was unnecessary and cruel!

Zelyon
01-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Indeed the event is very long, and it is important not to forget that you need the presence of all members practically all the time.
I think many of us have families and also work, it becomes complicated to coordinate everything. In my opinion this type of event should happen only during the weekend. However I think that finding a middle ground may be the most appropriate solution.

Agent Orange
01-24-2013, 09:35 AM
I like the idea, I'm sure most of the top factions would agree to it.

And you can have a positive reinforcement plan in place, those that do not abide by the plan will be black listed and be positively obliterated once hostilities commence by those who did abide by the plan.

Archer59
01-24-2013, 09:46 AM
From what I saw, I believe the top 3 could sit out two days completely and still finish 1-2-3, lol. Five days is too long....I'm still recovering!

Milspec1
01-24-2013, 09:52 AM
We are in, will not participate in anything over 48 hours, it's not healthy, fun or fair

CJ54
01-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Hey guys, I want to let you all know that we already agree with you on this one. We did five days as an experiment, but the original plan was 3 days and the next one will be 3 days (Friday/Saturday/Sunday most likely; we're still talking about the exact "from this hour to this hour" period based on player feedback).

We appreciate and value the time you guys spend on the game, and we hear you on this one.

Dutchie
01-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Hey guys, I want to let you all know that we already agree with you on this one. We did five days as an experiment, but the original plan was 3 days and the next one will be 3 days (Friday/Saturday/Sunday most likely; we're still talking about the exact "from this hour to this hour" period based on player feedback).

We appreciate and value the time you guys spend on the game, and we hear you on this one.

Thanks CJ54 for listening to us!

fluffy402
01-24-2013, 10:09 AM
So, you are angry at them, but still want to give them all of your money?

NakedCherryPie
01-24-2013, 10:10 AM
This sounds very familiar...

MaximumFun
01-24-2013, 10:25 AM

My wife and family thank you, CJ.

Milspec1
01-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks CJ but even 3 days pushes it a little bit, did you guys consider or discuss 48 hours?

asdfasdfasdf
01-24-2013, 10:41 AM
If you are letting this game ruin your personal life, family, job, or happiness, you should probably seek help or make the decision to remove this game from your phone. Just saying. This is NOT worth it.

nic4msu
01-24-2013, 10:43 AM

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

stealyourface
01-24-2013, 10:52 AM
CJ, three days is perfect, thanks for listening!

CJ54
01-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Thanks CJ but even 3 days pushes it a little bit, did you guys consider or discuss 48 hours?

We did (the responses to the poll that Ferr posted got looked at heavily), and the topic is still under active discussion. But yeah, no more five day ones, I think we're all in solid agreement on that one*.

Later on this week after we finish up some other post-event clean-up, I'm going to post a request for general feedback on the event in a dedicated thread; we'll also be looking at that one pretty closely.

*It is probably good we had the extra cushion for this one, to make up for some of the craziness that popped up. The next one should be both shorter and greatly smoothed out, so that's good all around.

Generik79
01-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Divorce lawyers everywhere are now planning to boycott WD! Way to go Ferr! Lol. This is excellent news and thank you to all the big boys who threw their weight behind shortening this. Fantastic.

solo.modernwar
01-24-2013, 11:05 AM
If you are letting this game ruin your personal life, family, job, or happiness, you should probably seek help or make the decision to remove this game from your phone. Just saying. This is NOT worth it.

Well, even more succinctly, you have to have your priorities straight. :D

If one has an incredibly well-coordinated faction with very like-minded individuals, then yes, I could see a boycott working... but for whom? I can guarantee you that the money will still flow and not even a speed bump will be felt because we're talking about sheer numbers here. It's easy to see the frustration, I get it, but that's what the Forums are for and getting your faction members to post their (reasonable) grievances here is the best way to be heard in a different form of boycott, if you know what I mean.

Personally, as a daily player for the past 13 months, 5 days really IS too much. It becomes a major turn-off for players who are simply trying to enjoy some free time while they're hounded by their faction Leader (not me, I swear!)... even 72 hours is rather long when one considers there are players living in different time zones. 24 hour full bore play is a legitimate strategy within factions. My suggestion: make the event 48 hours, but that's probably for another thread.

Milspec1
01-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Appreciate the rapid and detailed response, thanks - now if we could only get the results & prizes/bonuses distributed out ;)

We did (the responses to the poll that Ferr posted got looked at heavily), and the topic is still under active discussion. But yeah, no more five day ones, I think we're all in solid agreement on that one*.

Later on this week after we finish up some other post-event clean-up, I'm going to post a request for general feedback on the event in a dedicated thread; we'll also be looking at that one pretty closely.

*It is probably good we had the extra cushion for this one, to make up for some of the craziness that popped up. The next one should be both shorter and greatly smoothed out, so that's good all around.

Mcdoc
01-24-2013, 11:34 AM
CJ - what about those of us BEGGING to see our Faction Battle List so we can see within our faction who participated so we can adjust our teams accordingly?

I even sent a ticket to just have one of YOU email me back the list if it is too difficult to fix it - even for those who it worked - there is no way to look at it now for after action review

Thanks in advance

Dutchie
01-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Appreciate the rapid and detailed response, thanks - now if we could only get the results & prizes/bonuses distributed out ;)

I am sure they are working very hard to make this happen but with the WD points not being counted correctly they are probably checking each and every individual scores and adding them up to get the correct total score for each faction. The factions who have already received their prizes probably had points that were in a guaranteed place whereas other factions who were around or close to the next prize level are still being checked and counted to ensure they are correct before they receive the right prizes as they might fall into a different prize category.

Once the list is published it will be final so the support team are ensuring that everything is correct before it is published and the final prizes are awarded. Patience is a virtue and I am sure that they will try to resolve this by the end of today!

CplJC
01-24-2013, 11:35 AM
The war should start Friday and end on Sunday. It's not rocket science u know. Anything longer is plain dumb.

I edited. Didn't noticed CJs post. I had mentioned it from the beginning. Now it's down to what your main core of people wake up to. Early Friday morning to late Sunday night!

It's very good that a player ferr who spends countless of money voices discomfort! Good job

Elastic Earl
01-24-2013, 11:43 AM

CJ,
my family thanks you. Now I am excited again.

Ferr,
reporting for duty.

V

CJ54
01-24-2013, 11:54 AM
CJ - what about those of us BEGGING to see our Faction Battle List so we can see within our faction who participated so we can adjust our teams accordingly?

I even sent a ticket to just have one of YOU email me back the list if it is too difficult to fix it - even for those who it worked - there is no way to look at it now for after action review

Thanks in advance

I know, and we're seeing if we can get those for the guilds that had beta testers in them in particular (since that visual glitch obscured everything), but it's difficult and we can't follow up on those fully until after we get the current prizes out. It's something we definitely want to address.

NakedCherryPie
01-24-2013, 11:58 AM
I know, and we're seeing if we can get those for the guilds that had beta testers in them in particular (since that visual glitch obscured everything), but it's difficult and we can't follow up on those fully until after we get the current prizes out. It's something we definitely want to address.+1 :) HappyCherryPie smiles all around.

Agent Orange
01-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Divorce lawyers everywhere are now planning to boycott WD! Way to go Ferr! Lol. This is excellent news and thank you to all the big boys who threw their weight behind shortening this. Fantastic.

Wouldn't they be encouraging this event to drum up business. Hey wait a second, do you smell a conspiracy here.......

But yes this is excellent news and thanks for listening CJ and Gree.

nic4msu
01-24-2013, 04:08 PM
I know, and we're seeing if we can get those for the guilds that had beta testers in them in particular (since that visual glitch obscured everything), but it's difficult and we can't follow up on those fully until after we get the current prizes out. It's something we definitely want to address.

All factions need access to this, not just the ones with Beta Testers.

King little fruit fly
01-24-2013, 05:31 PM

Ferrgie, just let us know when you guys decide to do it again, you know all the little fruitties would join and cheerlead. :D

King little fruit fly
01-24-2013, 05:36 PM

So you are saying Ferr actually undercut himself, the man has character, don't you agree, guys? :cool:

Ferr
01-24-2013, 05:49 PM
CJ, well responded. I think what you must realize is that the nature of the event mandates that you are glued to the device for as many hours as possible. There is no precedent i can think of where there is such an intense gameplay. This however has very substantial draw backs on many personal lives for obvious reasons. In the end that will become very counterproductive. Many of us have already received warnings from their beloved ones that they will not accept this every month. I for sure will not do this.
2 days, a full weekend, is even stretching it to the limit. Think this over please. Think about a break for 12 hours or anything that you would think would ease upon the stress levels. Going from 5 to 3 days isca good start but i fear it is not enough. I am still not looking forward to it, and that says it all.
Yours

nic4msu
01-24-2013, 06:10 PM
I think this should be a bi-monthly event. We need time not only to recoup, but also to allow anticipation and excitement to grow. Much like the long regen times became tedious and monotonous - even for gold players who didn't want lose their free hits for the privilege of spending money - an over-abundance of epic WD events in short proximity to one another will quickly lose their their luster.

Had these same units been simply offered for sale, Gree would never have made the money it did. The prizes are great, but surely don't approach the value of the gold spent winning them. If this becomes a chore & not a competition, participation - and thus gold usage - will dry up very quickly.

On second thought, maybe you should make this a weekly event, Gree, so gold use becomes so nominal that this returns to an actual player-versus-player instead of wallet-versus-wallet competition.

Ferr
01-24-2013, 06:13 PM
I think this should be a bi-monthly event. We need time not only to recoup, but also to allow anticipation and excitement to grow. Much like the long regen times became tedious and monotonous - even for gold players who didn't want lose their free hits for the privilege of spending money - an over-abundance of epic WD events in short proximity to one another will quickly lose their their luster.

Had these same units been simply offered for sale, Gree would never have made the money it did. The prizes are great, but surely don't approach the value of the gold spent winning them. If this becomes a chore & not a competition, participation - and thus gold usage - will dry up very quickly.

On second thought, maybe you should make this a weekly event, Gree, so gold use becomes so nominal that this returns to an actual player-versus-player instead of wallet-versus-wallet competition.
Sarcasticly written but you hit the right spot. I am truly not looking forward to the next event. Two or even three months in between.......

wowfiend1207
01-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Its not that 5 days is to long, its that you people need to show some restraint. This is a game a should never have any effect on your real life. If you are still recovering or fixing your real life from BFB, you shoild not be here on the forums complaining you should be uninstalling the game and learning some self control.

Games are ment to be fun and enjoyed not played to death and stressed over. This is not a rant from a jelous person or a troll, just someone speaking from experiance. Take the advice and if the game is effecting your real life quit for bit and learn to play at a normal level you will be much happier, both in life and in game.

Lara Croft TR
01-24-2013, 07:20 PM

Thats why Gree made this like a real war event. In real war you stay awake 24/7 or else your enemey will massacre your squad upside down if you fall asleep or take a rest. Thats why you have to rotate from your squad to the other squad for the mission ahead. There is no 12 hours break in a real war. If you whine for a rest or your family needs you then you can't be in the regurlar army or there's no way they will let you in in the special forces.

Its a game although this can train you to be one of the finest forces in the military in around the world. Just a food for thoughts or my 4 cents.

Thunder Child
01-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Some valuable discussion here, and great see Gree moving in the right direction.

My own 2c - a three day event (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) would be demanding enough to keep it special but would really consider the suggestion of making it something that happens every two or three months rather than monthly.

Ace Ebb
01-24-2013, 08:48 PM
I agree with you both. If i were Gree i would milk everyone for everything they have... common business sense. The only way to stop the recent incline in money needed to play the game is for the players to take control or it will never stop. This needs to start at the top! It was done once with the boycott a few months back and can happen again.

Is an icon saying you have 1900 make believe attack points really worth thousands of dollars??? I say no, I believe the teamwork, rivalries and players make the game, not gold.

And you can have a positive reinforcement plan in place, those that do not abide by the plan will be black listed and be positively obliterated once hostilities commence by those who did abide by the plan.

Rals
01-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Well... I may be hated for this, but here are my 2 cents.

As some guys have already posted, this is a game. The purpose of a game is to have fun during your free time to release some of the stress caused by your daily activities. Now, many of the posts claiming for a reduction of time in WD argue that this was extremely stressful, caused problems at work and with their families and that created a heavy toll on their sleeping habits.

Once again... it is a game guys.

As mentioned somewhere above... this only requires a common level of restrain and organization.

If everyone went to their normal activities and treated this game as an actual game, you would see that 5 days is not that long.

Our faction did farely well for a buch of strangers gathered randomly... yet we did not spend any gold nor we lacked sleep or else. We simply selected some attacking hours and anyone who could join did it. If we were attacked and not online SO BE IT... itīs a game after all.

We lost a lot of battles due being ofline, yet we won most of the battles we scheduled. At least for our faction it was not a heavy toll at all this event.

Now, the problem is that all the heavy spenders want to obliterate the scoreboards, and they want to do it in the shortest possible time.

For a NORMAL player (not talking about gold habits), playing 2 or 3 hours a day is more than enough. Lets say that with this event one could possibly increase that to 4 or 5 hours to have more chances to battle.

In a 48 hours frame the highest bulk of the factions would be able to fight around 15 battles. How many battles would the top factions fight in that time frame? 40? 45?

We all know who the top factions were before BFB started, we know who are the top factions after BFD and we know who will be the top factions after BFG and every other BFx we have.

Reducing times wonīt be the answer, because after the next event another reduction will be asked, and another, and another... and that is because even a 24hr event played straight will cause problems to your health and any relationship you may have. It is your "gaming habits" the ones that should get reduced. Select times for attacks, and then beat the crap out of each other. By all means... empty your wallets if you want. But for your own sake donīt dissatend RL for a silly pixel competition.

That being said... maybe something could be implemented by Gree. There are several games that hold events for several days. During the event there are specific times per day where you can perform that special action that may grant you a winning edge. What happens? Almost everyone in the game is online for those special hours.

How would it work in WD? Let the time as it is... or increase it, whatever. But donīt make it a 100 hour straight event. Lets say you select 4 or 5 time slots (2 hours each) in which battles could be declared. That way every single faction would know and plan accordingly to those times. That way the people glued to the game could know exactly when they would be needed. That way everyone would be able to enjoy without sacrificing time with family, or risking a very harsh sanction at work.

Finally, this is not meant as an attack towards the heavy spenders or the top factions. This was meant as an opinion and a suggestion to anyone who experienced a rough time by staying that long glued to a device showing a lot of fancy pixels.

Hope this helps to some of you.

Best regards.

Rals

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-24-2013, 09:44 PM
This won't work if we argue amongst ourselves.

Our little band of thugs has decided that 24-36 hours is enough.

HINT: Points are cumulative, so you will start where you finished.

That said, nothing will change from where we sit looking down.

So, consider what you're fighting and spending to achieve.

You control your actions, not Gree.

Think of it like a big buffet.

Even if it were free, its not worth the discomfort.

But, this BUFFET isn't FREE.

This costs you in many ways.

Pace yourself and KNOW when to say NO!

King little fruit fly
01-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Well... I may be hated for this, but here are my 2 cents.

As some guys have already posted, this is a game. The purpose of a game is to have fun during your free time to release some of the stress caused by your daily activities. Now, many of the posts claiming for a reduction of time in WD argue that this was extremely stressful, caused problems at work and with their families and that created a heavy toll on their sleeping habits.

Once again... it is a game guys.

Best regards.

Rals

Rals, thanks for your 2pennies, but I am glad you are not in my fazi, we kicked a few slackers out with your attitude. :D
This is not a game for many of us, it is win or die mucho bullies.

Khimsoo
01-24-2013, 09:59 PM

Totally agree. :) benchmark 50k per day. If faction score > 100k for the first 2 days, the last 3 days sld be interesting.

Rals
01-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Rals, thanks for your 2pennies, but I am glad you are not in my fazi, we kicked a few slackers out with your attitude. :D
This is not a game for many of us, it is win or die mucho bullies.

Well... thatīs maybe the problem. A lot of people consider that if you donīt quit RL and "play" this game 24/7 you are a slacker.

My "attitude" consists simply in taking my wife to watch a movie instead of sticking to a game battle, go out with my children to the park instead of trying to knock down a fort on an app or having an awesome night with my friends, a deck of cards and some beers.

But as you said, this is not a game anymore for many of you.

Anyway, it doesnīt matter how it gets fixed, I wish you good luck in the upcoming battles.

Best regards!

Rals

soulnmysole
01-25-2013, 12:25 AM
Some of the posts in this thread remind me of a drug addict who blames his dealer for his addiction, or who complains to his dealer that his drugs are too strong. Instead, that addict needs to exercise a bit of self reflection and ask himself, "why am I doing this to myself? what purpose does this serve in my life? Is it worth it?"

The majority of people who want the event shortened to as few days as possible, only want it shortened so that it coincides with their own personal playing habits. This will allow them a better chance at winning WD.

CJ already said the event would be shortened to 3 days. Now people are asking it be bi-monthly and shortened to 24 hrs, or shortened it to 48 hrs... that's crap! Stop trying to manipulate the game so that it best suits your own personal playing habits. If you feel that obligated to place top 3 in every single WD that you will try and persuade the developers into changing the entire structure of the event so that it gives you the best chance of winning, then maybe you have a problem.

How about you can't win every event. How about, if you are intended on placing top 3 in every event, then it will come with some major costs (i.e marital issues, lack of sleep, debt, depression)

I get that the event is taxing... but it's only what YOU make it.

DONT BLAME GREE FOR YOUR ADDICTION!

just my opinion btw

Crypt
01-25-2013, 12:34 AM
Gree did get want they want... Our money. If you don't invest a weaker faction will win. Maybe less money for gree, but then they just invent something else to pull it back out of your pockets.

In short, yes ferr... It takes too long. If they shorten it, i fear the other days will be remplaced by another kind of event that pulls money out of all of us.

But at least the 'battle' is more appealing then. On the other hand... Can we call this WD game even a battle... No strategy needed in the end. Count how deep your pockets are and that's it.

no strategy ? i completely disagree, you need to be organized you need to have a strat for maximizing your attacks, taking down the dl etc, we didn't finish top 100 just from putting money in ! it takes a lot of hard work also which is the point ferr is making

Lets just hope CJ is actually listening to the community, the majority of which is screaming for a shorter event. But I guess it will be fat cats who make the call, if they calculate their returns to be less over 2 - 3 days (i'm sure it will be) then i think the 5 day will be here to stay.

They need to take an holistic look and realize the potential of this event IF it continues to be appealing to the customer !

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-25-2013, 12:37 AM
Now, now, now, let's try not to call anyone out by name. That said, we all have opinions, but we must respect each other in the process.
Some of the posts in this thread remind me of a drug addict who blames his dealer for his addiction, or who complains to his dealer that his drugs are too strong. Instead, that addict needs to exercise a bit of self reflection and ask himself, "why am I doing this to myself? what purpose does this serve in my life? Is it worth it?"The majority of people who want the event shortened to as few days as possible, only want it shortened so that it coincides with their own personal playing habits. This will allow them a better chance at winning WD.CJ already said the event would be shortened to 3 days. Now people are asking it be bi-monthly and shortened to 24 hrs, or shortened it to 48 hrs... that's crap! Stop trying to manipulate the game so that it best suits your own personal playing habits. If you feel that obligated to place top 3 in every single WD that you will try and persuade the developers into changing the entire structure of the event so that it gives you the best chance of winning, then maybe you have a problem.How about you can't win every event. How about, if you are intended on placing top 3 in every event, then it will come with some major costs (i.e marital issues, lack of sleep, debt, depression) I get that the event is taxing... but it's only what YOU make it.DONT BLAME GREE FOR YOUR ADDICTION!just my opinion btw

Crypt
01-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Well... thatīs maybe the problem. A lot of people consider that if you donīt quit RL and "play" this game 24/7 you are a slacker.

My "attitude" consists simply in taking my wife to watch a movie instead of sticking to a game battle, go out with my children to the park instead of trying to knock down a fort on an app or having an awesome night with my friends, a deck of cards and some beers.

But as you said, this is not a game anymore for many of you.

Anyway, it doesnīt matter how it gets fixed, I wish you good luck in the upcoming battles.

Best regards!

Rals
so basically your a slacker

soulnmysole
01-25-2013, 12:56 AM
Now, now, now, let's try not to call anyone out by name. That said, we all have opinions, but we must respect each other in the process.
My goal was not to disrespect anyone, just to make an honest comparison as I saw things. If anybody gets offended, I apologize.

As far as opinions go, I completely agree. But I do believe this is the 2nd or 3rd thread Ferr has made about this same topic. It seems to be less of an opinion, and more so propaganda.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-25-2013, 01:27 AM
My pals and I refer to the fine, Dutchman, as the game's "gentle giant". He has the biggest heart, a mild demeanor, and a rather large ego. That said, I like him. You would too, if you follow his posts more closely. He, like most of us, has his preferences and opinions. In this case, we concur with his point of view. Five days is too long to do this. Forty-eight hours, once a month, is more than enough of incessant radio button pushing.
My goal was not to disrespect anyone, just to make an honest comparison as I saw things. If anybody gets offended, I apologize.As far as opinions go, I completely agree. But I do believe this is the 2nd or 3rd thread Ferr has made about this same topic. It seems to be less of an opinion, and more so propaganda.

oijonesey
01-25-2013, 01:38 AM
Why boycott playing? If it matters that much just boycott PAYing!!!

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-25-2013, 02:56 AM
Why boycott playing? If it matters that much just boycott PAYing!!!

Think about it, the interface is boring.

Pushing a radio button, not especially challenging, mate.

Free, pay, or even if paid to do it,boring.

Dutchie
01-25-2013, 03:13 AM
My pals and I refer to the fine, Dutchman, as the game's "gentle giant". He has the biggest heart, a mild demeanor, and a rather large ego. That said, I like him. You would too, if you follow his posts more closely. He, like most of us, has his preferences and opinions. In this case, we concur with his point of view. Five days is too long to do this. Forty-eight hours, once a month, is more than enough of incessant radio button pushing.

Agreed!

People are coming on here saying don't let the game control your lives, "instead just battle for a couple of hours here and there in a 5 day event" just don't get it! It's like Usain Bolt jogging the 100m... bad analogy, he does that at the time of crossing the finishing line, but I think you know what I mean!

The game mechanics allows for round the clock battling. Unless GREE implement a time-out period whereby after each battle you have to wait, for example, 3 hours before you can declare war again, people will constantly battle round the clock in order to gain the maximum WD points. Isn't this what the WD event is about, to gain as many points as possible in a given timeframe!!??

Real wars aren't fought 24x7 by the same troops. Every soldier needs to sleep for short periods of time, even if it is on the battlefield to recuperate otherwise their judgements will be affected by tiredness... sounds familiar?

Either GREE shorten the timeframe for the whole event, which they have said they would do, if they continue with the ability to declare war as soon as a battle is over...

OR

They change it in such a way that once a battle is finished you cannot declare another war for a certain time period, possibly 3 or 6 hours, to allow people to recuperate and to prevent this round-the-clock constant battling.

They can then extend the event to 5 days to allow for more battles, although my preference will always be 3 days (Friday to Sunday) as not to intervene with work.

There, got that off my chest and given GREE another option, unless of course nobody likes that second option :D