PDA

View Full Version : What are the best maps to earn money ?

Serboy
01-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Yes. Question is on the title..What are the best maps to earn money ? To earn money with less usage of energy ? I know that Dwarwen Mines is the one of them.. (Btw I have 220 HS)

Serboy
01-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Nobody knows it ? Really ?

RandomUser
01-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Well, there's no clear cut answer, but the maps from Shipwreck Cove to Dwarven mines are right around my sweet spot at the moment. The big variable is how much your average attack damage is and how much your minimum attack damage is - sometimes hitting a lower level monster yields better results because you can take it out in 1 hit consistently, whereas a seemingly more profitable one sometimes will require 2 hits. It also varies depending on what level of the map you're on. With each successive level, gold goes up by 5% of the original map, but the hit points of the monsters go up 5%, too.

Start with an existing spreadsheet that contains a good number of monsters and their level 1 HPs. Fill in the blanks as you record them, then extrapolate for levels 2-5. Find your min and ave damage numbers. Calculate the number of hits each monster will take. Multiply by the energy required, adding in the return damage (if any) the monster does. Then divide gold by total energy to find which monster is the most profitable.

An additional analysis would be to figure out the XP gained per kill and determine the most/least XP gained per gold coin, should the need arise to control your leveling, either positively or negatively.

Serboy
01-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Well, there's no clear cut answer, but the maps from Shipwreck Cove to Dwarven mines are right around my sweet spot at the moment. The big variable is how much your average attack damage is and how much your minimum attack damage is - sometimes hitting a lower level monster yields better results because you can take it out in 1 hit consistently, whereas a seemingly more profitable one sometimes will require 2 hits. It also varies depending on what level of the map you're on. With each successive level, gold goes up by 5% of the original map, but the hit points of the monsters go up 5%, too.

Start with an existing spreadsheet that contains a good number of monsters and their level 1 HPs. Fill in the blanks as you record them, then extrapolate for levels 2-5. Find your min and ave damage numbers. Calculate the number of hits each monster will take. Multiply by the energy required, adding in the return damage (if any) the monster does. Then divide gold by total energy to find which monster is the most profitable.

An additional analysis would be to figure out the XP gained per kill and determine the most/least XP gained per gold coin, should the need arise to control your leveling, either positively or negatively.
Thank you very much that's very helpful :) And I don't care about the XP gain I'm at 153 level and in that level slow or fast leveling wouldn't change anything I guess..

Mickeytah
01-23-2013, 03:18 PM
I find the Kraken's Eye is a pretty good investment. With ~170 HS, it was taking me 6 hits to kill him at 138 per attack and -11 energy if he didn't miss his counterattack.

Clay01
01-24-2013, 10:58 AM
I bounce back and forth between several maps, since I havent completed all the quests on the new maps yet

the maps previously mentioned have good gold/energy ratios, but as pointed out, it all depends on your HS and ability to kill in 1 shot or 2 shots.

I go down to the low rent district once a week for a few days to get an early map up to lvl 5 to get the bonus skill point, at the high levels, those bonus skill points are probably better than the return on gold for monster kills, imo. it seems even more important now with these LTQs

also dont forget farming for items. personally, I think it's best to maximize your energy usage for items (and for gold return) and thus I'd suggest targetting the highest level map that you can consistantly one-hit the monsters, or consistantly 2-hit the monsters... but it depends on what your stats are, etc. if you have max dragons, maybe you want to simply farm the highest level maps to get the best items.

so the answer isnt a simple one, but hopefully the info provided by others will be beneficial.

Clay01
01-24-2013, 11:03 AM
ok, I saw in the dragons thread that you just got BD10, so my guess is that you're looking for max gold return to build dragons asap.

with that in mind, and your level, I think as already mentioned, the few maps leading up to dwarven mines seem to be a good bet. those maps have some of the best gold/energy ratio, and you should be able to 2-hit kill most everything there. I farmed nomadic encampment and the mines when I was building dragons at a lower level than you, iirc.

also, I believe the 4 maps after mines suck when it comes to gold/energy. the higher level maps have nice gold payouts, but have higher energy req (80-90 in many cases) and may take 3 hits to kill with your HS. If you can two-hit kill them, I'd suggest you go for the upper maps, if not, farm nomadic and mines and then the two maps before them and you should be in good shape.

if you have a bunch of hydras and/or high priests that will soon be obsolete, I'd also suggest you raid and invade the crap out of your rivals. if you lose hydras/HP it doesnt matter, consider it trading them in at a lower cost to get some gold back that you can use on dragons...

lexaqua
01-24-2013, 11:13 AM
if you have a bunch of hydras and/or high priests that will soon be obsolete, I'd also suggest you raid and invade the crap out of your rivals. if you lose hydras/HP it doesnt matter, consider it trading them in at a lower cost to get some gold back that you can use on dragons...

Whoa...why are priest and hydras being obsolete??? Is there a patch or something coming out?

Sprig
01-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Whoa...why are priest and hydras being obsolete??? Is there a patch or something coming out?

They become obsolete once you get your BD10 and have access to dragons.

Winstrol
01-24-2013, 12:03 PM
First map is the best :o

Serboy
01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
First map is the best :o
Don't underestimate it there is Malik and Azriella ;)

Winstrol
01-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Don't underestimate it there is Malik and Azriella ;)
Dwaren mine is the best if you can kill monster with 1 hit ,

Serboy
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Thanx a lot Clay01 you think like me :) Now I have 1000 HPs and 1100 Hydras so I can do lots of PvP's and Raids :) And I'll continue to master the last maps I have enough time as long as the dragons are not goin anywhere :) Money and Items whar I need so it's seems to be the best choice..

Serboy
01-24-2013, 01:47 PM
I find the Kraken's Eye is a pretty good investment. With ~170 HS, it was taking me 6 hits to kill him at 138 per attack and -11 energy if he didn't miss his counterattack.
It takes 4 hits for me but still it's not a good choice I guess :)

Serboy
01-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Yes I can but it's almost full mastered, I thnik I'll save it for Beast Kennel upgrades :) And tnx

Muddy
01-24-2013, 02:14 PM
+1.
The best map for you where you can kill monsters with 1 hit and don't get their hit back.

Bagoftricks
01-29-2013, 09:28 AM
I'm hitting all the early maps to level 5, but only taking out the monsters I can one hit. This gets me lots of drops and the skill points when I hit level four.

RandomUser
01-29-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm hitting all the early maps to level 5, but only taking out the monsters I can one hit. This gets me lots of drops and the skill points when I hit level four.

And makes it harder to complete PvE LTQs. ;)

Serboy
01-29-2013, 10:46 AM
And makes it harder to complete PvE LTQs. ;)
I think LTQ monsters have certain stats..

Winstrol
01-29-2013, 11:00 AM
People like to make things up :D

RandomUser
01-29-2013, 11:08 AM
I think LTQ monsters have certain stats..

They do... which fluctuate depending on the map level you're on. Just like all other monsters.

Level 1 = base HP
Level 2 = base HP * 1.05
Level 3 = base HP * 1.10
Level 4 = base HP * 1.15
Level 5 = base HP * 1.20

Try it for yourself.

RandomUser
01-29-2013, 11:09 AM
People like to make things up :D

Prove me wrong. :)

dee17
01-31-2013, 09:22 PM
They do... which fluctuate depending on the map level you're on. Just like all other monsters.

Level 1 = base HP
Level 2 = base HP * 1.05
Level 3 = base HP * 1.10
Level 4 = base HP * 1.15
Level 5 = base HP * 1.20

Try it for yourself.
Agreed. I now regret leveling up the lower maps that the LTQ monsters tend to spawn in.