PDA

View Full Version : FACTION WARS - Share bad or good experiences from this event!

DragCro
01-23-2013, 04:29 AM
What do you like and what you do not like in Faction Wars?
Did you have a good strategy, where your faction went wrong and what to do next time to be better?
One of the smartest strategy was camouflage, all members of the faction with the same name!
Share your thinking,share bad or good experiences with other forum members

Sillybeans
01-23-2013, 04:31 AM
Camper faction, someone started the fight twice. While i was happy at getting a shot at a new unit personally we had a troll in our mist somewhere...

Planning on joining another tho, even tho I'm going to start camping soon @ lv45 my stats are pretty high due to all the juicy gold units that have come out recently :P and i want to jump into WD for rewards.

DragCro
01-23-2013, 04:42 AM
I don't like the option that each member of the faction can declare war, it should be made ingame option just for the leader of the faction and leader of the defence!
This way as it is now you can have a saboteur in the faction that will corrupt your faction tactics & declare war!

Sillybeans
01-23-2013, 04:44 AM
Defiantly, we had a few members saving for AC so even tho i wanted to, I didn't hit that button. Although I'm also pretty sure people are considering me as the culprit since I was asking us to join before it started :p Guess I'm a little aggressive player. Like a terrier that goes for your ankles!

Fedup
01-23-2013, 05:11 AM
my LLP is a low level faction highest was level 59 with 80 allies total of 5 members, 2 were ghost ones, one non participant the other two low gold / free players only 4 to 6 hits each battle paired with factions that had level 100+ members and DL's and 1000's of allies stood absolutely zero chance of doing anything other than getting a measly 40 points per hit on the command centre and couldn't knock down even a lvl 1 fort without gold.
The declare war was happening when i wasn't even in the application i would get a push message you are at war with such and such and the other participating member was here and didn't do it either. It seemed to be in a constant loop. when i was in a war i kept getting server errors and couldn't participate except to hit a fort or command centre. lost all my hard earned fortifications even though i didn't declare war.

I was attacked and raided constantly by HLP's outside of the battles too where i wouldn't normally have been exposed to.

My HLP was in a decent faction and I worked hard at fighting every single day but due to cash being a bit tight this month after xmas i could only buy 240 gold. after 5 days of hard fighting and massive casulty losses my total WD points seemed pathetic and i face being booted from the faction. A team member played one day out of 5 dropped some gold and their stats were far over mine despite having been plugging away at this hard every single battle. So the WD points don't reflect the effort or hard work put in by some members.

The only way to stay in a reasonable faction is to have deep pockets so after this I will be left in limbo most likely even though i did actually enjoy the event, the total unfairness of it all is what strikes me the most.

Llazyt
01-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Congrats 31st, that was an awesome fight. I thought we had you at the end but guess not. You broke our 35 win streak. But not bad for us being in top 2000 with 153k and you must be in top 500 with 250k.
sure would have pumped my men if we won. but o well, again good job and congrats. (sgt bilko, HAM)

Clownius
01-23-2013, 08:38 AM
I was pleased when i ran out of steam one of members stepped up and started hitting that was the good. The bad was no other bugger got involved :(

MerlinBlack
01-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Rangers LLPs turned out to be an amazingly supportive, cohesive, coordinated, and thoughtful faction. We had members on at appropriate times, no unexpected War Decs, and we placed well in the event. Hats off to Dutchie who put forth amazing effort and dedication to the cause.

dj maj
01-23-2013, 09:54 AM
we had good team work and i am confident we will become better in the near future so watch out top 25 factions

Sillybeans
01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
we had good team work and i am confident we will become better in the near future so watch out top 25 factions

When i join in the future right? :p

KizbotBro
01-23-2013, 10:03 AM
To all the people who are wondering who pushed the declare war button and blaming other team members, i am wondering if it's just the opposing team that declared war, and the server matching teams simply matched them with you, regardless of whether you were ready for battle or not. Just a thought.

dj maj
01-23-2013, 10:13 AM
When i join in the future right? :p
the way u buy gold wont be surprised lol

MerlinBlack
01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
To all the people who are wondering who pushed the declare war button and blaming other team members, i am wondering if it's just the opposing team that declared war, and the server matching teams simply matched them with you, regardless of whether you were ready for battle or not. Just a thought.
No. Tested on my iPad. I had a one-player faction going and went days without wardecs, then whenever I hit war I got a war. This feature works as designed, with the exception of the people who were apparently stuck in perpetual wars 24/7 (ouch).

General_Anesthesia
01-23-2013, 12:16 PM
All of the team stats disappeared the moment the Battle for Brazil ended. I would like to report to my valiant faction members who did the best and what all of our individual stats were (points earned and win:loss ratios).

I like the way factions were matched to those with similar strength. If the heavy-hitters can kill us all, we have no incentive to play!

One glitch that bothered me was not always being able to change who was the Defense Leader. I know this can't be changed when in actual combat, but I also received Server Errors between battles.

I agree that ONLY THE FACTION LEADER OR OFFICERS should be able to declare war.

I won't reveal our faction's strategies (if you want to know, join our Gang!), but I think we learned a lot and will be much better prepared for the next WD event. All in all, a good first try.

TO ANYONE CONSIDERING DEFECTING: Our team put on a great effort, but I am dropping all who did not engage in combat. We will have some new positions available. If you are unhappy with your current faction, consider joining us! Invite Code: 177-215-555.

See you all on the battlefield!

General Anesthesia, The Peanuts Gang

Clank
01-23-2013, 07:56 PM
1. I don't like the click to view member before accepting faction not working. Especially since you cannot kick out dead weight once an event begins2. Slow health regen a real bummer. Make it faster.3. Anyone can declare war. Seems like some folks sabotaged event. Make it so that only lead or officers can declare or provide a list of who declared each event so we can weed out people who are teaming.4. Cannot add/remove members during event. I understand theory behind not allowing it, but leader should be able to boot zeroes.5. Leave event stats up longer. Make a place for factions to see accumulated stats for each event.6. Cost of bonuses and fortifications insane! The exponential cost is ridiculous. Not everyone can afford gold. Bummer only pirates have chance at top spots.

CplJC
01-23-2013, 08:13 PM
last 36 hours being matched to the top 10 factions non stop..seeing them average 245k..hmm coin much lol..anyways fix the matchmaking algorythm.

Maestro
01-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Good event just lasted a few days to long.

Crazy1
01-23-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm not a fan of being added to the DL's news feed when attacking the shield. The Faction I'm in is made up of mostly lower level players, especially the few that actively participated. We were getting crushed outside the BFB event by the DLs of previous battles.

The BUGS!!! GREE should have done more thorough testing before launching such a high profile/high income event. This was a mess. I can only hope they do more testing prior to the Greenland event.

Although the implementation of the event was a bit rough, I enjoyed coordinating attacks and developing TTPs with the participating faction members. We will be better prepared to battle for Greenland.

solo.modernwar
01-24-2013, 12:33 AM
I think one of the best things we had going for us, strategy-wise, was luckily having a number of our faction members in different time zones, including one of our strong players on a 12 hour difference! It made taking shifts, so to speak, a much more effective 24/7 operation (good thing it was only a five day campaign).

But I'll tell ya, when you're waiting for your people to check in to take on fortification and you see the "War Declared" notice show up 15 minutes early, makes you just shake your head... "c'mon man, we don't even have a third of our squad here!" - whaddya gonna do!

Jhoemel
01-24-2013, 12:53 AM
I actually saw u in the top 25 before u disappeared in it man

Giedrybe
01-24-2013, 01:17 AM
5 days too long.

You should be able to see stats of people who are requesting to join.

Instead of splash screen after battle, it would be good to have a new tab where your battles are registered. How much earned, vs what team, nb of battle, totals etc. As totals were experiencing glitches, maybe this would also help Gree.

Besides that, I have much enjoyed social aspect brought to the game. MW became again top game for me, not one out of 4, which I generally played.

KH_BG_SPARTAN
01-24-2013, 02:09 AM
I have emailed gree.. And still no reply.. In the last WD event my faction KELLHOUNDS has spewed $100s in the last WD event to get ripped off.. Our point consistantly rolled back , points froze and I had players in 2 factions. You guys whine about cheaters and judging from what iv heard and seen they still get around. I work hard for my money and put it into the things I love my wife, my kids, fishing and this game.. Kellhounds had a real shot in being in the top 100 just to watch our points roll back 200k. I have screen shots of everyone's scores 3 mins before B.O.B ended.. 2nd day into the event points roll back and all players were discouraged to play and further more continued to battle factions just to watch point roll back again.. A large majority of attacks 90% were brought with gold..
Again we as a faction want our points redeemed or gold returned as the points were taken from us so was our gold..
I spewed 2x40% off 1500 gold and 1x 650 gold at $51.99
Just to see the points I earned with it disappear * gree stole my money*
I ask again wat are you guys doin about it.. You guys can check against my name and account profile the money I spent. In fact you guys will even have a log on wat I spent it on.
Kellhounds - 950 329 785
KH_BG_SPARTAN - 141 608 360

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER

Dutchie
01-24-2013, 04:35 AM
Rangers LLPs turned out to be an amazingly supportive, cohesive, coordinated, and thoughtful faction. We had members on at appropriate times, no unexpected War Decs, and we placed well in the event. Hats off to Dutchie who put forth amazing effort and dedication to the cause.

Thanks MerlinBlack and I was very happy to put in such an effort knowing that the rest of the team would contribute as best as they could. The coordination, banter and camaraderie between us in the in-game forum and outside was outstanding and really made this event fun to play which brings the gaming experience to a whole new level, especially with the new social interactions... Looking forward to the next!

For me it was nothing but good experiences apart from one bad experience as already stated by many on these forums that the event was way too long. I am glad that the top 3 factions decided to call it a truce for the last couple of days of the event to send a message to GREE that they would only understand... money! I am sure that the revenues generated declined heavily in the last 2 days and hopefully they will accept that it is far too long for such high intensity gameplay. So thank you PUN, Ferr's Emperors and Super Faction for making this decision that should hopefully get GREE to come to the right decision. Also congratulations to these 3 factions for claiming the top 3 places.

I know that the Battle for Greenland splash screen states 5 days, but as ever, these splash screens are subject to change as with the last WD event splash screen, so please don't go moaning to GREE about it. I am sure that CJ54 has picked up on what we, their customers, are saying and they will make the necessary changes to make this event even more enjoyable.

Big shout out to all of the members of the Ranger's LLP's crew... It is amazing that with the lack of knowledge and understanding of the WD mechanics, we got organised so quickly to plan and coordinate the attacks to gain as many WD points as possible to make it into the top 100. You are truly amazing... One for all and all for one!

CplJC
01-24-2013, 05:01 AM
I have emailed gree.. And still no reply.. In the last WD event my faction KELLHOUNDS has spewed $100s in the last WD event to get ripped off.. Our point consistantly rolled back , points froze and I had players in 2 factions. You guys whine about cheaters and judging from what iv heard and seen they still get around. I work hard for my money and put it into the things I love my wife, my kids, fishing and this game.. Kellhounds had a real shot in being in the top 100 just to watch our points roll back 200k. I have screen shots of everyone's scores 3 mins before B.O.B ended.. 2nd day into the event points roll back and all players were discouraged to play and further more continued to battle factions just to watch point roll back again.. A large majority of attacks 90% were brought with gold..
Again we as a faction want our points redeemed or gold returned as the points were taken from us so was our gold..
I spewed 2x40% off 1500 gold and 1x 650 gold at $51.99
Just to see the points I earned with it disappear * gree stole my money*
I ask again wat are you guys doin about it.. You guys can check against my name and account profile the money I spent. In fact you guys will even have a log on wat I spent it on.
Kellhounds - 950 329 785
KH_BG_SPARTAN - 141 608 360

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER
If no satisfactory response, file a claim with the better bereau of business...works towards giving them bad credit.

Force10JC
01-24-2013, 05:20 AM
I have no experiences to share since Gree can't get their bug infested updates past Amazon's app approval team. I have now asked Amazon to either approve the updates or remove Modern War from their app store.

DragCro
01-25-2013, 03:07 AM
overal i'm pleased with this event

Brummied
01-25-2013, 04:11 AM
keep ironing out the glitches and we'll have a great time!