PDA

View Full Version : Additional Players With All Golden Armies?

BigD@wg
01-23-2013, 04:22 AM
The new trend seems to be lots of lower priced gold units lately. Not only cheaper but with increased stats like these new crates. Seems there will be some new all golden armies in the not too distant future. I especially like how these new uber stat cheap units are devaluing everyone's previous gold purchases.

All I have to say is....genius. Sheer genius Gree!

Sillybeans
01-23-2013, 04:26 AM
I'm new (1month is new for this game) so I'm also one of them almost all gold unit armies... that said my friend in VFF Charlie that introduced me to the game is flipping tables at the new gold deals. So as you said I'll ride the new trend baby O.o

BigD@wg
01-23-2013, 04:56 AM
I'm new (1month is new for this game) so I'm also one of them almost all gold unit armies... that said my friend in VFF Charlie that introduced me to the game is flipping tables at the new gold deals. So as you said I'll ride the new trend baby O.o

Yes it seems like a "great deal". The point I'm trying to make is based on previous available items, these are much better. A player buying these gets units with double the stats of units received by players who bought crates a month ago.

So a player says... Oh wow I'm going to spend $1000 to get these because this is great compared to previous items. What happens if next month or 3 months from now, Gree releases more crates with double these values or current rare item stats become uncommon and rare stats are triple those now. How are you going to feel about that $1000 you spent today knowing someone spending same amount of money at that later date will get double or triple your stats?

That is what happened to everyone who bought 100s of LE sets prior to these 2-unit sets. It is what happened to everyone who bought crates a week ago.

It's a never ending cycle. Gree is genius!

Mudphud
01-23-2013, 07:46 AM
Yes it seems like a "great deal". The point I'm trying to make is based on previous available items, these are much better. A player buying these gets units with double the stats of units received by players who bought crates a month ago.

So a player says... Oh wow I'm going to spend $1000 to get these because this is great compared to previous items. What happens if next month or 3 months from now, Gree releases more crates with double these values or current rare item stats become uncommon and rare stats are triple those now. How are you going to feel about that $1000 you spent today knowing someone spending same amount of money at that later date will get double or triple your stats?

That is what happened to everyone who bought 100s of LE sets prior to these 2-unit sets. It is what happened to everyone who bought crates a week ago.

It's a never ending cycle. Gree is genius!

It is genius. Free players will soon be completely crushed if you haven't been completely discouraged already.

Thief
01-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Economics 101....I said this from day 1 it would happen haha. Thats how it works. In order to intice people to keep spending.

Thier Biggest Flaw is not releasing new Cash Units (very expensive ones with up to 100/100 stats). This way people feel obligated to try to keep up with the Jones.....But give it time. Gree will figure this out. They will just want to wait until they see a dip in gold sales again and will have to make another play.

Bart
01-23-2013, 08:53 AM
I guess you guys never hear of the term, deflation, you young lads only been living in inflationary environment.

BigD@wg
01-23-2013, 09:17 AM
@thief - then you were right! :)

@bart - I do live in the USA, so inflation has historically always been an issue. And Yes, you are correct.

It has already been implemented on LEs and now Crates. I am curious how soon we will see the final prize for the boss events being in the 1000-2000 über unit stat range (to get more people spending on that event). I suspect soon. :)

Thief
01-23-2013, 09:22 AM
I suspect we won't see a huge change in the boss event Right away. Give people a chance to increase their stats and then they see hey i can get the top unit for 200 gold. Gree gets even more Gold. However if Gree Realizes that they are getting a decrease of gold from the boss events 4-5 Bosses from now because those that are willing to spend have to spend little to get the top unit i have a feeling they will make it more difficult to finish and at the same time turn it into an "uber" prize.

Then again.....that would be the logical thing to do so with Gree who knows?
They should probably just hire me and i can make it all work :D

chbranch
01-23-2013, 09:49 AM
We asked for better deals on crates and now we got them.....let's enjoy it. Or do you prefer crappy 20/35 units!?

Poopenshire
01-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Just let me do something with all my indestructables that no longer go to battle.

BigD@wg
01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
We asked for better deals on crates and now we got them.....let's enjoy it. Or do you prefer crappy 20/35 units!?

I could care less about any of them any longer. Gree won't ever see another dime from me :)

And yes... By all means. Enjoy :)

Thief
01-23-2013, 09:57 AM

The point is you Realize they are Devaluing all purchases made before this? So if you spent $1000 and got a 20/35 Units but they are now offering a 40/70 Unit for the same gold you essentially paid 2x more.
In addition they are then in turn Devaluing the prizes given out during the Battle for Brazil (Stat wise)

Now if you havent bought any gold then yea it's a steal. Wait another year and you'll probably see 80/140 Units that you can buy for the same price as well.

BigD@wg
01-23-2013, 10:06 AM
the point is you realize they are devaluing all purchases made before this? So if you spent $1000 and got a 20/35 units but they are now offering a 40/70 unit for the same gold you essentially paid 2x more.
In addition they are then in turn devaluing the prizes given out during the battle for brazil (stat wise)

now if you havent bought any gold then yea it's a steal. Wait another year and you'll probably see 80/140 units that you can buy for the same price as well.

Exactly! :)

chbranch
01-23-2013, 10:07 AM
The point is you Realize they are Devaluing all purchases made before this? So if you spent $1000 and got a 20/35 Units but they are now offering a 40/70 Unit for the same gold you essentially paid 2x more.
In addition they are then in turn Devaluing the prizes given out during the Battle for Brazil (Stat wise)

Now if you havent bought any gold then yea it's a steal. Wait another year and you'll probably see 80/140 Units that you can buy for the same price as well.

So the choice is...you either never buy again or hope that Gree just gives out the same units over and over again? So what is your solution? If you bought a 100/100 unit for 100 gold 6 months ago, we should now have to pay 150 gold for this same unit?

BigD@wg
01-23-2013, 10:39 AM
@CH

I'm not trying to persuade one way or the other. Just want people to stop and think for a bit before splashing the credit card with charges. Just because it may seem like a great idea today, it may not be such a great deal tomorrow.

People bought 100s of 2-unit LEs. People will buy 100s of these crates. If Gree moves the norm again, then someone in the near future can spend the same amount of money and still have a better army. It is their way of ensuring constant purchases. Enticing non-gold players for their first purchase and making existing players feel the need to continue buying to stay ahead of the new curve. It is just my POV.

chbranch
01-23-2013, 10:48 AM
I feel ya Big D@wg. I bought like 2-3 last time. I'll buy two this time. Spending alot on this game ain't my thing, but I like the deals they have for a light spender to get a couple of units. Anything that helps to beat the boss 35 times in your tiered bracket can't hurt.

CDR Shepard
01-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Well lets just thank someone that this is just a phone/ipad game and not a really big deal. Being a mostly free player i've learned to have fun or find something else. Changes will happen, and someone will always have bigger and better and spend more. Speaking of, I still cant believe the money some of you are willing to throw at this game!

BigD@wg
01-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Chbranch - moderation ... Smart!

CDR - Very Smart!

BigD@wg - wasn't very smart. But very wise now! :) lol

Warfiend
01-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Just let me do something with all my indestructables that no longer go to battle.

"Hey buddy, can you spare an indestructible?"

BigD@wg
01-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Hilarious how I stated earlier in this thread that boss units would soon have uber stats above the past ones! Hahahahahaha! I was right again!

Madcowdave
01-24-2013, 12:29 PM
This is a tough issue. I had been thinking about it ever since the 2 piece LE set. The benefit that I see is newer players have a chance to compete and attain the same strength as players who've been at it for over a year. But I'm sure it's very frustrating to players that spent a lot of gold in the past.

The units that provide a boost (or invisible boost :) ) are a problem for new players that want to be among the best. If you missed out on units that allow multiple building upgrades or other very good boosts it could be almost impossible to catch up. However, if there's inflation that devalues older units, it gives the new players a better chance.

In the end this could be a good thing for the game in that it encourages and helps new players. But I'm biased, because I'm one of those newer players (less than 6 months).

Dutchie
01-24-2013, 12:35 PM
The new trend seems to be lots of lower priced gold units lately. Not only cheaper but with increased stats like these new crates. Seems there will be some new all golden armies in the not too distant future. I especially like how these new uber stat cheap units are devaluing everyone's previous gold purchases.

All I have to say is....genius. Sheer genius Gree!

It's akin to buying something at full price in a supermarket or shop only to find it at half price the following day. Happens all the time and it is no different here apart from the fact that the goods purchased aren't real!

BigD@wg
01-24-2013, 12:38 PM
This is a tough issue. I had been thinking about it ever since the 2 piece LE set. The benefit that I see is newer players have a chance to compete and attain the same strength as players who've been at it for over a year. But I'm sure it's very frustrating to players that spent a lot of gold in the past.

The units that provide a boost (or invisible boost :) ) are a problem for new players that want to be among the best. If you missed out on units that allow multiple building upgrades or other very good boosts it could be almost impossible to catch up. However, if there's inflation that devalues older units, it gives the new players a better chance.

In the end this could be a good thing for the game in that it encourages and helps new players. But I'm biased, because I'm one of those newer players (less than 6 months).

Not only does it encourage new players to spend but since it devalues everything existing players have it requires them to spend more to maintain their current "status". It's a complete joke.

BigD@wg
01-24-2013, 12:40 PM
It's akin to buying something at full price in a supermarket or shop only to find it at half price the following day. Happens all the time and it is no different here apart from the fact that the goods purchased aren't real!

Very true. That's why it's working. I can just see the gold flowing. Love how I predicted the new uber boss unit. I can see everyone drooling over it now. Just itching to throw some Gree gold to get it. Lol!

MonkeyPuppy2012
01-24-2013, 12:50 PM
One way for GREE to address this is give gold units (indestructibles) an adjustment and as costs are reduced on the newer units, the units that have been in your inventory the longest have an increase in their defense stats.

mxz
01-24-2013, 01:05 PM
One way for GREE to address this is give gold units (indestructibles) an adjustment and as costs are reduced on the newer units, the units that have been in your inventory the longest have an increase in their defense stats.That's a terrible business case. It defeats the purpose of stat inflation (to entice people to keep spending). If units were always similar strength, eventually people stop buying them (not to mention that the heavy spenders complain about how the new items aren't powerful enough). To please the spenders they have to inflate the stats of the new ones. Then, these people realize their old items are devalued and complain from the other side. Quite the cycle, indeed.

Col C Smythe
01-25-2013, 06:49 AM
Another way to think of this is like new technology....

Expensive (relatively speaking) in the beginning with falling prices as time goes on.

Computers, HDTVs and so forth.

Example: I bought a Top Line Samsung 55" LED 3-4 years ago for about $3500. Same model level today with more features is about $1500-1800.

So, just buy the new. In the case of the LE units, I can now get 5-6 sets for the same price I paid for 1 set, which increase chance of getting Uncommon or Rare unit. I am ahead of the game.

I got no gripes. I like it.

On the other hand, I would like to see Gold bar to dollar ratio change a bit. Maybe something like 2500 bars instead of the 1500 in the Vault. More 40% sales will work as well.

Just my thoughts, folks

Kara T
01-25-2013, 11:45 AM

Yes, some type of trade-in program or ability to gift/sell units to other players would be cool.