PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Help - Equipment Used

peteyt
01-22-2013, 07:24 PM
I have been playing this game for a while and have been confused with the equipment used part when fighting rivals.

How is this calculated. It said earlier I had used 51 pieces of equipment and I went and bought a new melee weapon and then fought someone else and the figure was still 51.

I thought it was maybe to do with equipment plus how many mafia members you have but I have fought people with lower mafia members than me but higher equipment number.

So the question is how does the equipment used number work and how can I improve it?

Thanks

murf
01-22-2013, 07:36 PM
I think Android has display issues.

But here is how it works, the number of mafia you can bring to battle is 5 x's your level (max 500 at Level 100). Then you can equip each mafia member with 1 gun, 1 melee, 1 armor, 1 vehicle, 1 explsoive. You take your strongest attack items when you attack and separately strongest defense when you are defending.

peteyt
01-22-2013, 07:39 PM
I think Android has display issues.

But here is how it works, the number of mafia you can bring to battle is 5 x's your level (max 500 at Level 100). Then you can equip each mafia member with 1 gun, 1 melee, 1 armor, 1 vehicle, 1 explsoive. You take your strongest attack items when you attack and separately strongest defense when you are defending.

Does that mean the number of equipment it claims I have might be incorrect?

fuzzy
01-22-2013, 07:45 PM
I think way android displays is that u have 51 different weapons u took to battle.

Buy something that own 0 of and see if the number goes up in your next attack.

peteyt
01-22-2013, 09:38 PM
I think way android displays is that u have 51 different weapons u took to battle.

Buy something that own 0 of and see if the number goes up in your next attack.

That's the problem that's what I did. I had 51 items and the melee weapon I bought I had 0 of and went into a fight and yet still had 51 items. I've bought weapons in the past guns etc and actually saw it once go down.

Coldjoey
01-23-2013, 02:16 AM
How many mafia do you have?

sister morphine
01-23-2013, 04:17 AM
Like Joey says it would help to know what level you are and how many mafia.

I had wondered whether equal numbers of places were allocated to each category - guns, melee, armour, explosives & vehicles, as it never goes higher than 2500 regardless of how much stuff you have. Before Sweet V hit the top I noticed the number changed when I got a vehicle (which I was short of at the time)

KemoKidd
01-23-2013, 04:31 AM
Android's "equipment used" is definitely messed up! When I was building my mafia up to 500 I increased my mafia by 200 and received a few more items. As I was doing all of this my "equipment used" amount never changed!

Killshot-CC
01-23-2013, 08:48 AM
I'll echo previous posters' questions: how many mafia members do you have and what level are you?

Adding additional melee items isn't going to increase your equipment count if you don't have an additional mafia member to wield it.

Tommy Two Toes
01-23-2013, 09:15 AM
if you only have 10 vehicles, you can only bring 10 of them into battle at a time (10 guns, 10 melee, 10 armor, 10 explosives, and 10 vehicles).

Not sure if serious.

Killshot-CC
01-23-2013, 09:24 AM
Not sure if serious.

Yes, I was serious - just wrong.

sister morphine
01-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Yes, I'm serious. Vehicles are a limiting factor.
Not true though in my experience. They just have to walk! 😜

fuzzy
01-23-2013, 09:37 AM

This is as bad as telling players they need henchmen in there defense buildings.....

Tommy Two Toes
01-23-2013, 10:00 AM
This is as bad as telling players they need henchmen in there defense buildings.....

I think he really believes it, though?

murf
01-23-2013, 10:05 AM

Wait, are you saying that if you are L200, 500 mafia and have 500 guns, melee, armor and explosives but only 10 vehicles, you can only use 10 guns, armor, etc....?

Killshot-CC
01-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Well, I certainly could be wrong, but I wasn't purposely trying to be. I had read it somewhere when I first started playing and was pretty sure I remembered that being the case. It's been a long time since it mattered. :confused:

murf
01-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Well, I certainly could be wrong, but I wasn't purposely trying to be. I had read it somewhere when I first started playing and was pretty sure I remembered that being the case. It's been a long time since it mattered. :confused:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this isn't right. I went a long, long time with under-equipping my mafia with vehicles, because I saw better value in other items and I was able to equip for full mafia with the other items.

sister morphine
01-23-2013, 10:25 AM
A Facebook thing maybe? I still hear the old one about not hitting your rival near their defence buildings occasionally.

Killshot-CC
01-23-2013, 10:37 AM
I had read it in some walkthrough and it made sense at the time. I probably was up against the 10x level limit and didn't realize that's what the issue was. Then I probably leveled up in the process of earning enough to buy more junkers and Yamaha race bikes. lol

[previous posts edited]

Tommy Two Toes
01-23-2013, 10:45 AM

There is a splash screen, which pops up on the lower levels from time to time, telling you that you need more vehicles. It is a little ambiguous, and could have been the genesis for the misunderstanding.

Both my campers are pretty low, and under-equipped vehicle-wise. I'd rather spend any money on-hand improving IPH at this point, than buying cars which will be quickly obsolete if/when they start leveling.