PDA

View Full Version : Additions for MW 4.0

Agent Orange
01-22-2013, 07:32 AM
Some things I wouldn't mind seeing implemented.

1) rival faction players cannot be attacked until the Fortress is taken down as well as defence leader.

2) if fortress survives it's carried over to the next battle as it is right now I think in the lower level battles these things use up a lot of resources for minimal payback. In the top 10 level this might make this a bit more interesting for a minute or two.

3) only the Leader or Officers can declare war

4) green dot in member list to indicate who's online, just like on here

5) ability to change your in game name from profile page like we can change avatar and flag. If you must charge 5 or 10 gold per change

6) allow more data for factions, eg who declared war, how many wins/losses have each member sustained etc

7) give Khimsoo's exceptionally useful MW Toolkit access to your game data files.

8) make the WD battle result screen the new default screen and add a report button to this screen to allow easy reporting of hackers and cheats. But stipulate that abusing this feature will result in being banned.

9) Give Leaders the ability to remove Faction Members during battle.

10) compensation for the weak start and bugs in WD, I realize sw can be buggy but a lot of people either spent a lot of time or money or both playing this event but it really has had a lot of issues which should/could have been uncovered in the beta stage. Because of this I suggest everyone get an Anniversary Center or 100,000,000 vaulted cash as compensation for those who already have them.

Hero of Time
01-22-2013, 07:46 AM
I agree on all points.

Sandukan
01-22-2013, 07:52 AM
I agree on all points except #9.

I can see that being exploited by some factions.

Agent Orange
01-22-2013, 08:03 AM
I agree on all points except #9.

I can see that being exploited by some factions.

True, though if they can't add anyone to replace the lost member they weaken themselves. Basically to remove a hacker from the faction as these high skill point players push their entire faction into the whale zone where we sit and pick off their team mates. Also to deal with a saboteur who is purposely sending a faction to war when they are not prepared.

But certainly not as hot button as some of the other points.

NakedCherryPie
01-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Get out of my mind! How did you do that?

Agent Orange
01-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Get out of my mind! How did you do that?

I use the force...... Wait you are in MY mind...... No wait we are one..... Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thunder Child
01-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Can't find fault with any of these. Nice, AO!

Sandukan
01-22-2013, 08:10 AM
True, though if they can't add anyone to replace the lost member they weaken themselves. Basically to remove a hacker from the faction as these high skill point players push their entire faction into the whale zone where we sit and pick off their team mates. Also to deal with a saboteur who is purposely sending a faction to war when they are not prepared.

Fair enough.

Clownius
01-22-2013, 08:42 AM
I especially like point 1 and 2.

Playing down with the lower level sorts it was rare to see a level 1 fortification get much more than chipped. It almost seemed pointless having them as they got ignored in any case. Watching them disappear more often than not untouched was kinda annoying.

Im not sure how others played it but if i could i one hit the DL then hunt the players and if we couldn't it was whale on the Fort or Command Centre for points. Reality was we didnt have enough attacks to make it worth working too much on the forts. Better to get up to 150 points per hit on the players then up to 25 on the fort. Knowing that the fort had more than enough hits to weather the storm as it were that it didnt make sense to take it out.

It would also be rather nice if Wins vs losses meant something......

goldenarchie
01-22-2013, 08:58 AM
Actually the only thing i would add is that the attacks on the command center or fort does; A more damage and B costs less.

goldenarchie
01-22-2013, 09:51 AM
I thought about it more, I got one more thing....there should be a bonus for wins. There seems to be no incentive to get the win other than pride.

Great_wall2
01-22-2013, 10:15 AM
In addition to all of AO's great suggestions I would suggest the following as well:

- Way more beta testing!!! I would think everyone in the forum would rather an event get pushed back and be flawless than have to deal with the multitude of issues/ bugs / glitches that we have all had to endure

- Reward bonus WD points or multiplier for winning battles, doesn't have to be huge, just incentive
- Award random one time bonuses / boosts at the start of battle:
- +5% attack / def all battle members
- 10% less casualties for this battle
- Initial x damage to fortress at start of battle
- $x cash bounty or WD points bonus reward for each kill in addition to what you normally get
- you get the idea

MaximumFun
01-22-2013, 10:25 AM
You guys are all geniuses. I like all of these suggestions.

Agent Orange
01-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Agree 100% Great_wall2 about the beta testing and I have a feeling if the beta testers could say so they would agree as well.

Oh and as many have suggested make this a much shorter event. Maybe 24 or at most 48 hours.

Perhaps have the option of a white flag, if you are so seriously outgunned that you toss in the towel which gives the opposing force some sort of bonus but at least saves you from being decimated.

mxz
01-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Pretty good list.
#7 is already done. However, read-only access to the server via an API would be pretty cool. I'd be worried about security, though. I don't think Khimsoo's able to use the UDID so they'd need some sort of protection from looking at someone else's account. Maybe he Funzio ID could be used.
#10 seems out of place. The other points were legitimate, then #10 just begs for free game-changing stuff, out of no where. Software bugs aren't responsible for someone not buying an AC - so why tie the two together? The list loses some credibility because of that.

nic4msu
01-22-2013, 02:52 PM

Removing a player without a replacement does not necessarily weaken a team - it may strengthen them, and could easily be abused. For this reason, I would be opposed to this option, however there needs to be almost instant response time and priority given to removal of hackers. Many teams discover that a low or lower stat player's assets (such as lowering overall stats for easy early match-ups or perhaps heavy participation & gold contribution) were promising or desirable in early rounds, but elect to drop these players so that competitors have more trouble finding easy point targets once the gold has dried up. This would be grossly unfair to the low stat player and to the opposing teams.

As for the issue of a trouble-maker throwing a team into constant battle -- that is easily remedied: allow only leader & officers to declare, but allow promotions & demotions to continue throughout the event. Also, identify the individual who declared each and every war.

Additional Features:
1. List of all wars fought, name of opponent & final results for each team (as well as time of battle and who declared).
2. Second-in-command Position with same rights as leader except cannot demote or remove leader.
3. Ability to Post Msg to All Member Walls feature (could be leader only)
4. Retain access to WD faction results & indiv. win/loss and point results post-event
5. Provide member donation data
6. Provide live (or even post-event) faction & indiv results for PvP events just as the WD battle point results are provided here (even if leader-board remains blind)

Wufnu
01-22-2013, 02:53 PM
#10 seems out of place. The other points were legitimate, then #10 just begs for free game-changing stuff, out of no where. Software bugs aren't responsible for someone not buying an AC - so why tie the two together? The list loses some credibility because of that.

I have to agree with this. I'm a LLP that's had the game for about 6 weeks. I don't want the AC being given to me just for putting up with the headaches involved in this war. It would outweigh all my buildings to date combined, and while that would be nice I just don't feel the prize is justified.

I've said it elsewhere on this forum that the biggest mistake they made from a players point of view is not conducting a thourough test war with all the players involved. All these bugs and glitches would have become evident in the first 24 hrs and dealt with before the real event.

I think if GREE listens to and acts on suggestions from the players they could have one of the best AP games going.

Agent Orange
01-23-2013, 06:25 AM
Fair enough, scratch #10 it was an afterthought just wanted 10 points.

In terms of hacker removal or perhaps tracking in the member stats show what we see during WD which is full def stats. We just hit a faction that is 50% hackers and it looks like the legit players dumped all their allies to protect their units. That must really suck.

If a Leader still allows hackers then faction should get banned.

mxz
01-23-2013, 06:30 AM
If a Leader still allows hackers then faction should get banned.Being able to preview prospective members' stats (including skill points, energy, stamina) would go a long way. I like that idea.

Dutchie
01-23-2013, 06:34 AM
Good thread! Let's see if GREE take these points onboard!

sir elmo
01-23-2013, 07:44 AM
I also think that it should take more than one winning against a def leader to bring them down and open up rhe entire faction membership. It needs to be that the def leader has a separate def that is used to protecrion the openess of the faction members. Once the outside def of the def leader is brought down then you can start attacking each member individually. I also think that. Members levelshould also be displayed so you can openely see it. Some may diagree with that but it would let you know especially for lower level players whether they could win an attack on a def leader. And maybe have it where the def defensive shield isnt relaint on their own qctuall level qnd stats but rather the bonuses and fortifications the faction has. The stronger their fortifications and bonusues the stronger protection the def leader has on the faction.

Long dong silver
01-23-2013, 10:18 AM
@Agent Orange, some excellent points/ideas. Out of the 10 points you have come up with though, How many do you think will be implemented by Gree.?

Cheers Lee