PDA

View Full Version : This is so wrong (Please read)

SuperSonic Chimp
01-22-2013, 07:13 AM
I have been thinking about this for about the past 4 hours and it hit me....This event was solely for the high end money players. The events moving forward will be just the same.

I understand that it was going to be a fundraising event for Gree and even went along with it. But since the event is winding down and my faction members are pretty much board because there is nothing for us to work for...i wanted to know why we didnt have anything to do.

think about it, the top 25 unit has a 3600 attack rating, which is what the next two units are worth combined. but guess what, they get those units as well. Mind you, if you are in these faction, you will probably need them more than anyone else will because you're already in the high 100's as far as levels. but here's where everyone else has been dooped.

Players in the 26-100 placed factions receive a unit that has a attack rating that is higher than the next two rewards combine+400! So to break it down, In the coming events...Gree has made their paying customers (Top 25) happy by giving them "fresh meat" by allowing them to attack lower leveled players in factions that they normally wouldn't be able to. They made the moderate spenders (top 100) happy by awarding them units no one out the top 100 can beat them with. And they pissed on everyone else. The units awarded to factions 101-999 will only beat the majority of lowered ranked players which most of us can't fight anyway because of their level. and get this, they were even smart enough to make that range so large, it covers more than 3/4 the active players! So when you go to fight someone, you have a 9 out of 10 chance of playing someone with the SAME EXACT UNIT AS YOU! Not to mention the top 100 have it as well! 999 factions at a minimum of 20 members is 20,000 players that will off set each other in PVP. 20,000 vs the elite 2,100!!! We've all been had. We wasted countless hours this weekend fighting for something that turns out to be nothing in the end. Gree knew they were canceling everything out, that's why they made the range so wide. Again, top 25 factions have 5 different rewards, that's 1 for every 5 places practically. From 101-999 HAS 2! 1 for every 500!

To add on to other issues:
*Android not up and running until 6 hours into the event
*The terrible matchmaking the first day
Leader board not working so you thought your faction was close to a certian position and you spent gold.
*Missing points

I've had a lot of fun this weekend "hanging out" with my team mates and I actually think this was a fun event. i look forward to the next one actually...just wanted everyone to know that if you're not going to spend money, don't put false hope into getting units that will cancel each other out in battle. they are nice, but if everyone has one, it's just another "common"

MerlinBlack
01-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Um, yeah. It's a pay-to-win game. It's also a game that values time over button-mashing. Next week, thousands of players will have a 500 point unit, yes. However, six months from now, many of those players will have quit, and many others opened new accounts. They will not have that unit. So the unit isn't zero-sum.
Also, I hate to be blunt, but the leaderboard not updating issue should not have caused anyone to spend gold. If they did, they weren't paying attention. I'll definitely complain about the bugs in the event, but....

Sandukan
01-22-2013, 08:23 AM
I can't wait to see how many hours you invest in figuring out Wall Street.
Please make a thread when the picture comes into focus.

BigD@wg
01-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Well I know I am in the minority (at least in the forum) but I'm sure there are more than few in the game. Not everyone is in a faction. So if you win anything then you have a prize that some won't ever have. So it isn't completely zero sum.

Now having said that, some of the amounts of gold that I am hearing that were thrown around to place in a prize tier..don't make any sense. If you didn't already have a golden army, it sounds like the money spent on this one battle could have easily been spent on LE sets (especially during the 2-unit "special") and netted lots of players with an all golden army. Just my opinion, but to me it seems like a lot of gold spent was more about bragging rights than anything to do with these prizes.

SuperSonic Chimp
01-22-2013, 08:52 AM
I can't wait to see how many hours you invest in figuring out Wall Street.
Please make a thread when the picture comes into focus.

Lol this is what you chose to compare it to? I manage my own portfolio. it's not good enough to where i don't have to work, but it's probably more than a lot of people on here. People on Wall Street can't figure out Wall Street, so while this comment may be comical to some, I lack you sense of humor.

Force10JC
01-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Yeah since I'm playing on a Kindle Fire, I don't even get the opportunity to be in a faction much less have a chance to obtain said units. As far as I know there are no Kindle Fire users that have the opportunity to be in a faction so yes, it's definitely not zero sum when you add this to MerlinBlack and BigD@wg points.

SuperSonic Chimp
01-22-2013, 08:57 AM
Um, yeah. It's a pay-to-win game. It's also a game that values time over button-mashing. Next week, thousands of players will have a 500 point unit, yes. However, six months from now, many of those players will have quit, and many others opened new accounts. They will not have that unit. So the unit isn't zero-sum.
Also, I hate to be blunt, but the leaderboard not updating issue should not have caused anyone to spend gold. If they did, they weren't paying attention. I'll definitely complain about the bugs in the event, but....

Just one point to make here, if the players have quit, I can't use my 500 point unit on them. I'm level 75, I very highly doubt I will be able to touch any new player with my unit. i will have to wait until the WD event to pick on the small fries.
Also, im actually not complaining, just wanted to see what everyone thought about the range from 100-1000. I only spent 12 bucks, but not for this event, just for a unit I wanted. to me I have no right to complain about soemtihng free. I would just like better parity. That's a request, not a complaint.

Magino
01-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Didn't get anyone to join my faction, so I plugged along on my own. Got over 2,000 points so guess I did ok. Like most things in life, the guys with the money have the best of all. I'll probably be looking to join a stronger faction soon. Always looking for allies ,694-469-020!

kguittar
01-22-2013, 10:29 AM
I very highly doubt I will be able to touch any new player with my unit.

haha....i know....i'm childish...

but seriously, i see everyone's point here. you must be in a top 100 faction for any of it to be worth it, right now. but hopefully, as time goes on, this game will get better and better. i'm a free player, or at least a very cheap player, and as long as you have a good committed faction you can get some of those prizes. i just hope to never run into any of the PUN, Ferr, or other top 25 faction members.

Mongo
01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
SS Chimp- I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. I have a somewhat brighter (naive?) takeaway b/c I have to scroll through the rival list finding matchups anyway and I figure there are gonna be folks that didn't do BfB or are new or ? that don't have my unit(s).

The gold angle has gnawed at me the whole event. A solution to me might be to create brackets of gold involvement. This would be a real test for Gree. I am somewhere in the middle, I don't think Gree is as evil as many are accusing them, and I respect their right to run a profitable business. But I think this "bracketed gold" idea would be a classic case where Gree could make a wise decision to get 50% of something versus 100% of nothing.

To be more specific, you could have an "unlimited" pool and then tiers under that, down to a "totally free" pool. Each pool would have defined limits, 1st total gold the faction could bring to the event, and #2 total amount that could be spent in any battle. No gold purchases in event, or if it could be tracked you could only buy in game up to your tier's limit. If I said this in a Gree meeting maybe I'd get fired, but seriously, would anyone quit the game b/c they couldn't buy gold for 3 days?

There have got to be people, hopefully even leadership, that make the game top priority. And I think this (and many other reforms suggested in here) would clearly improve the game.

Thanks to all who played. It has been exciting and infuriating and it appears there is a decent chance I can go back and delete all those screeshots!

SuperSonic Chimp
01-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks to all who played. It has been exciting and infuriating and it appears there is a decent chance I can go back and delete all those screeshots!

I've literally used 2 whole MBs of screen shots!! unreal!

And I'm sure your plan has a method beyond the madness, but that sounds overly complicated for my non "Wall St." mind. lol I agree, Gree has every right to make their money. But they need to provide the entertainment they are advertising. I could care less about the units, like I said, they will balance out. I was here for the bragging rights, but feel shafted by the lack of parity.

Dudebot121256
01-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Don't forget that we lost scratchers. How that could be accidental and only on android is incomprehensible.

DaHoosier
01-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Bottom line, it is All about the Benjamins.

I think for most of the top tier teams this was very little to do with the prizes. All about ego, pride, bragging rights.

I'm sure after this event The gree employees will crunch the numbers and any changes that will be made for the next events will be geared towards pulling more cash from players. Overall I think they came up with great idea to bring a new level of fun to a game I'm guessing was starting to get stale for some.

I'm guessing we may see a couple tiers added like top 250, top 500 etc. This might open the wallets up of the light spenders and might even get a few new spenders.

I would be very surprised if there is 1 faction of totally free players that made it to top 100. Just by my initial number crunching even if they executed perfectly with all active members I would be hard pressed to believe it.

The part I'm enjoying most is just the interaction with my fellow faction members, it added a very positive new dimension to this game.

SuperSonic Chimp
01-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Bottom line, it is All about the Benjamins.

I think for most of the top tier teams this was very little to do with the prizes. All about ego, pride, bragging rights.

I'm sure after this event The gree employees will crunch the numbers and any changes that will be made for the next events will be geared towards pulling more cash from players. Overall I think they came up with great idea to bring a new level of fun to a game I'm guessing was starting to get stale for some.

I'm guessing we may see a couple tiers added like top 250, top 500 etc. This might open the wallets up of the light spenders and might even get a few new spenders.

I would be very surprised if there is 1 faction of totally free players that made it to top 100. Just by my initial number crunching even if they executed perfectly with all active members I would be hard pressed to believe it.

The part I'm enjoying most is just the interaction with my fellow faction members, it added a very positive new dimension to this game.

You sir, are the man! *hi fives* But I got a hit in at the last minute and beat you score! ;-)

Sillybeans
01-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Them android scratchers! I want my scratchers *cries* Fu Maj