PDA

View Full Version : How quickly can we remove members afterwar - will this affect their bonus prize?

HGF69
01-22-2013, 01:26 AM
I'm looking forward to the unlockdown when I can remove one of my strongest members who did absolutely nothing in this war.

So much so I'd love it if they didn't get the bonus units that are coming our way. I know that we were told to stay in the factions and I'm sure they have the lockdown member data but I'd love it if I knew that by booting someone they were punished for sitting back and doing nothing.

Anyone any ideas?

SuperSonic Chimp
01-22-2013, 01:32 AM
No kiddin....ive got 10 of em lined up!

iamnasty
01-22-2013, 01:43 AM
Request CJ for assistance, agreed with you guys, these useless players did nothing and do not deserve any prize(s)

Probably you can send a list so in the future no faction will accept these ROTTEN APPLES!!!!

cheers:D

CasualPlayer
01-22-2013, 01:45 AM
just remove them, thats why its locked down.

vitus79
01-22-2013, 02:44 AM
yes they need to take care of that problem, we also have dead weight. 5 people, its very frustrating for those who go all in for way too long while others just sit back and lough. i will request to remove them from the lists befor prizes get handled out.

would be nice to see a dev(CJ54) jump in and sheed some light how to proceed on this

SuperSonic Chimp
01-22-2013, 02:48 AM
Not only has this been a problem...but if the matching system did indeed match based on total strength (I'm dying laughing inside) then these individuals made our climb to the top much heavier.

Tournai
01-22-2013, 04:13 AM
yeah good question! I have the same problem with 24/7 offline members!

Clownius
01-22-2013, 05:05 AM
I had 3 yes 3 members out of 10 have a single battle........

One of the MIA is our strongest member. Would love to punt him a long long way before the prizes get handed out.

Then again looking at the other side some people may punt smaller members that took a hell of a beating for the alliance before prizes get handed out and that would be nasty and unfair.

Sandukan
01-22-2013, 05:42 AM
Everyone that was on the team when you declared war deserve the prize because they were susceptible to attacks. Whether they fought or not is irrelevant.

Chalk this one up to a learning event. In our own faction all were weighed measured and some were found wanting.

We now know who we can depend on and who should be expeditiously and unceremoniously extricated from our ranks lol The event prize is their parting gift.

jkfrancis
01-22-2013, 07:02 AM
Everyone that was on the team when you declared war deserve the prize because they were susceptible to attacks. Whether they fought or not is irrelevant.

Chalk this one up to a learning event. In our own faction all were weighed measured and some were found wanting.

We now know who we can depend on and who should be expeditiously and unceremoniously extricated from our ranks lol The event prize is their parting gift.

Those lazy dogs gave nothing to the faction and should leave with nothing! Your knights tale movie quote sucks also!

Sandukan
01-22-2013, 07:39 AM
Those lazy dogs gave nothing to the faction and should leave with nothing! Your knights tale movie quote sucks also!
You recruited those lazy dogs. What does that say about your vetting skills?
I guess you discovered something new now didn't you francis drake?

I think the quote you're referencing predates a silly hollywood movie like a Knights Tale but I wouldn't suspect a knucklehead like you would gather that much.

Oceanz
01-22-2013, 07:49 AM
I somehow had 27 of my 28 faction members participate in the event; I was pretty pleased with a 96% participation rate.

However some of them didn't participate until midway through the event, because of various app crashes, server issues, connection problems, etc. So you have to keep in mind that some these "dead weight" players might have been trying to participate in the Brazil Battles, but were not able to.

Dutchie
01-22-2013, 07:51 AM
We don't have this problem as everyone in our faction contributed in this event. One for all and all for one!

We had a potential one but after a good discussion with him he pulled his finger out as he saw the error of his ways and saw the commitment from the rest of the team. I'm glad it is all sorted now!

We would like to recruit more members after the event, but we certainly don't want your dead wood in our faction! Name and shame list??? There is nothing worse then getting these leeches on board! I will have a discussion with my Recruitment Officer to make him aware of the situation with potential leeches searching for new factions after the event has completed and there is no more lockdown.

Milspec1
01-22-2013, 07:53 AM
We definitley need to be able to remove dead weight players who did nothing, it's not fair and they don't deserve the prizes

SoccerStud
01-22-2013, 07:54 AM
They drew all the attacks so you guys wouldn't be attacked. That's at least one thing...

blondealex
01-22-2013, 07:54 AM
Maybe make everyone who is bumped immediately get a "rusty" unit. That way we can avoid adding other's problems.

lewis2s
01-22-2013, 07:58 AM
So does this mean that you will have a vacancy after this event is over??

could i please submit my CV for consideration.

ATT: over 82K
DEF: over 83K
IPH: over 600K

currently provided 1/3 of my current factions battle points. currently sitting at 240K.

I am a hard worker and always like to help.

I am very sporty and play football and tennis.

HGF69, i hope my CV is to your liking. hope to hear from you soon.

I'm looking forward to the unlockdown when I can remove one of my strongest members who did absolutely nothing in this war.

So much so I'd love it if they didn't get the bonus units that are coming our way. I know that we were told to stay in the factions and I'm sure they have the lockdown member data but I'd love it if I knew that by booting someone they were punished for sitting back and doing nothing.

Anyone any ideas?

jkfrancis
01-22-2013, 08:09 AM
I guess you discovered something new now didn't you francis drake?

I think the quote you're referencing predates a silly hollywood movie like a Knights Tale but I wouldn't suspect a knucklehead like you would gather that much.

It is true I recurited those players but I gave them my expectations in regards to the faction. The ones that I am talking about fell into the faction right before the event. They don't deserve anything! To say they do is to say that I should pay them for their time in which they didn't put in, thus making it sould like your a liberal. Lets take from those who put in time and to give it to the many that did not...

You can get attacked from anyone just by pulling up the pvp list without being in this event.

I know where the quote is silly I was just talking crap! (Bible KJV book of daniel). Don't get affended bud.

Thanks for the compliment on Francis Drake though! I appreciate it

iamnasty
01-22-2013, 08:43 AM

Anyone any ideas?

Talking about useless player, during one of the battle, we had a weird and funny request from one of the faction leader to attack one of his player that did nothing, guess what, we felt sorry for him and non stop we focus, hit this useless player, probably he lost hundreds of units, lol.
Maybe you try this out on all your future battles, least let your enemy do you a favor hitting him and make him lose couple hundreds of units, lol

Cheers:D

BringIt
01-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Bravehearts of scotland 17th in pvp tournament but showing 100th in world domination? Join rangers LLP, 43. In pvp but comfortably in top 100. Have 15% income bonus and much more. 38 active players and looking for more. Message me!

Clownius
01-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Maybe we could set someone as the punching bag if they didnt participate. Like defence leader but available for beatings any time during a war lol

Tate
01-22-2013, 08:59 AM
I say punt them! If they did nothing to help Your faction then they were more of a burden than even a low stat, contributing member. If the game based your fights on strengths (yeah right) then stronger allies that did nothing, cost you far more than they are worth! Kick them out as soon as you possibly can, they don't deserve to be awarded anything for doing nothing. Just my .02

Mongo
01-22-2013, 09:20 AM
I suspect every faction has this problem. Well, maybe not this mythical Ferr I have heard mention of. But we are 30 something and 4 and doing it with a core of about 10-12.
It would keep CJ and the crew up for weeks but I'd like to see if some of these "auto battles" aren't attributable to the "dead weight." Maybe I am truly paranoid but it is a very small step beyond watching the rest of us contribute millions and then reap the reward of our efforts to be throwing us into battle in some sadistic prank.

FromAfar
01-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Ive got 2 vacancies now, and 2 that will open up 5 seconds after unlock. luckily, mine are mediocre / low contribution folks, but still. having 2 extra guns to share the load would have been nice.

fortunately, we have 2 guys ready to fill their spot... wish the 2 new guys could be there to share in our prizes from this event. la vie.

Dudebot121256
01-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Bravehearts of scotland 17th in pvp tournament but showing 100th in world domination? Join rangers LLP, 43. In pvp but comfortably in top 100. Have 15% income bonus and much more. 38 active players and looking for more. Message me!Ahem...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?94-Faction-Recruitment

HGF69
01-22-2013, 11:50 AM
So does this mean that you will have a vacancy after this event is over??

could i please submit my CV for consideration.

ATT: over 82K
DEF: over 83K
IPH: over 600K

currently provided 1/3 of my current factions battle points. currently sitting at 240K.

I am a hard worker and always like to help.

I am very sporty and play football and tennis.

HGF69, i hope my CV is to your liking. hope to hear from you soon.

Yes Lewis we need sporty types.

HGF69
01-22-2013, 12:14 PM

Yeah right because we held interviews didn't we? Oh no.

Fact us we took people on in 'good faith'. The fact they let their team down means they get the boot with nothing to show apart from shame, if they even care.

BeardedBubba
01-22-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm wiling to chalk this up as a lesson learned. In our faction we had a player with 0 wins and well over a 1,000 losses. If our faction receives any prizes our red headed step child deserves a swift kick to the nuts, imho, but we should have been a bit more thorough in accepting peeps in our faction. It would have been nice to kick this person out during the event though.

It would be great to have the ability to drop players from a faction during an event. I think adding players during an event could cause some serious problems.

Clownius
01-22-2013, 06:08 PM
If the poor bugger has 1k losses on the upside he did operate nicely as a meat shield lol

Hes also probably out a shedload of units. I say he deserves a prize for the beat down he received.

King little fruit fly
01-22-2013, 06:20 PM
This should teach us all a lesson that strong stat doesn't mean a sh it. Why do you think they wanted to leave or got kicked out their old factions??? Next time, ask for reference. ;)

I would rather have an active weaker player than an lazy tough dog barely move his legs. :mad:

FuzzyT
01-22-2013, 08:30 PM
I haven't seen any posts on this, but would like to know if/how it would work to remove a current leader and replace with a new one. Anyone?

Clownius
01-22-2013, 08:32 PM
I think only the leader can promote a new leader to take over. I plan to hand off my alliance when i leave even if i was basically the only one who would donate i would hate to see it all wasted.

Matt Thornton
01-22-2013, 09:45 PM
I know where the quote is silly I was just talking crap! (Bible KJV book of daniel). Don't get affended bud.

yeah right, google much ?

General Sir
01-22-2013, 09:46 PM
This is a simple matter of team play. Know the people in your faction. I know my faction had 100% participation, I figure most of the top factions did as well. None of our members would let the rest of the team down by not participating.

If a faction has a non-participating member, that faction should suck it up now. Deal with it after the event and learn from it. It is imperative that you know your people. Just ask the many factions destroyed because the either knowingly or unknowingly harbored one or more factions.

Had we found a member to have put less than their full ability into this event, we would have dealt with it internally, and that person would have a really bad time post event.

We, however, did not have such a person. Everyone in our faction, strong or not put up an outstanding effort. We have a member who was the brunt of many of our rivals attacks due to his stats. Despite heavy losses, he continued and continues to rack up many hundreds of victories. Not once did he complain. Not once did he fail to inspire us. Not once did he fail to fight. He is a shining example of the team player an event such as this one requires. We have several others just like him. De. Ri. Tr. you guys are awesome.

I'm proud of every single one of my brothers and sisters in my faction.

Tate
01-22-2013, 10:02 PM
If the poor bugger has 1k losses on the upside he did operate nicely as a meat shield lol

Hes also probably out a shedload of units. I say he deserves a prize for the beat down he received.

You don't quite grasp it, do you? if you can't win, or alternately won't do anything for your team by not contributing then you should be kicked out. If this lump of shyte took 1000 losses he potentially cost his team position, if they were within range any of the prize brackets. I say kick his a** out!

BigBassTurd
01-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Ok so how I read it is the top 3 members and contributors that get the prize right? So how would these guys get the prize if they did not battle? I would be stoked if everybody in the faction got one. I feel sorry for my lower players that tried their hardest against way stronger opponents. Even if the mooches get the prizes they will still be boooted. Then put on the S-List too be attacked.

spitfire
01-22-2013, 10:23 PM
We had the worst experience. I have been asking my faction leader to add a defense leader for so long and I never got a reply. My defense is the strongest in the faction (93k) while the others are 30-40k. He added a defense leader when it was at 15 hours until the battle ends (yes that's right, just a while ago). We currently have a total of 250k WD points. 195k of those points came from three people including myself who were getting desperate cause our leader sucks. We had no wall, we have 17 members who didn't do $hit and worst of all we had people for a while that ever since they joined faction, they haven't even said a word. The three of us in this FAIL faction can't wait until the event is over so we can leave.

(Rant over, carry on please...)

King little fruit fly
01-22-2013, 11:03 PM
We had the worst experience. I have been asking my faction leader to add a defense leader for so long and I never got a reply. My defense is the strongest in the faction (93k) while the others are 30-40k. He added a defense leader when it was at 15 hours until the battle ends (yes that's right, just a while ago). We currently have a total of 250k WD points. 195k of those points came from three people including myself who were getting desperate cause our leader sucks. We had no wall, we have 17 members who didn't do $hit and worst of all we had people for a while that ever since they joined faction, they haven't even said a word. The three of us in this FAIL faction can't wait until the event is over so we can leave.

(Rant over, carry on please...)

spitfire, you are welcome to jump ship to mine, we have the leadership on this ship knowing that fruity is piloting, we have some of the best coordinated attacks. ;) We have 3 deadwoods out of 44 members to drop, so plenty of room for 3 active players. You don't have to be the strongest, just willing to play.

I am a cow
01-22-2013, 11:21 PM
Oh I would love to kick some of the members who have done nothing at all so that they don't get anything

King little fruit fly
01-22-2013, 11:24 PM
I hear you, Ms Cow, I feel the same way, give us 1 week to do some house cleaning before award the prizes.

iamnasty
01-23-2013, 12:08 AM
Oh I would love to kick some of the members who have done nothing at all so that they don't get anything

NO VIOLENCE, FIGHTING or KICKING IS ALLOW and Please don't act like an animal !!!! Oops.......

cheers:D

Overlander
01-23-2013, 06:43 AM
Conversely, what happens if you recruit a member directly after the event. We have 5 players 25% of our players have sat about doing nothing a further 10% are borderline and 65% have bust their as5 24 hours a day and with 12 players we are going to finish in the top 1000.

The first 25% are out within 30 seconds of the event finishing, the other lot are on a shakey nail and will be watched. There are no place for slackers in any faction get them out.

The best bit is 3 of them have appeared with 7 hours to go and posted on the forum for the first time, they think we're daft.

GreenwichKid
01-23-2013, 07:00 AM
I have to agree with most of the comments here, nothing worse than someone who doesn't pull his weight. As to the Troll that believes it's the recruitment process, which world is he on? There are no psychometric test for this and all you have is a crappy wall and a very small Forum. So what are you supposed to do?

I'm surprised more people haven't caught onto the fact that not everyone in the Faction gets an award. TBH it really pisses me off, it's all been very cleverly worded (Probably by some scummy marketing and legal guy) to make people believe that EVERYONE is the faction will receive an award. Of course it's designed to do this as a low level player would always think why bother? and in my faction because we have all sorts, some of the guys with the lowest stats put in huge amounts of effort. I can't tell you how pissed off they were when they realised they would get feck all..

Anjunbeats
01-23-2013, 07:03 AM
I'm surprised more people haven't caught onto the fact that not everyone in the Faction gets an award. TBH it really pisses me off, it's all been very cleverly worded (Probably by some scummy marketing and legal guy) to make people believe that EVERYONE is the faction will receive an award. Of course it's designed to do this as a low level player would always think why bother? and in my faction because we have all sorts, some of the guys with the lowest stats put in huge amounts of effort. I can't tell you how pissed off they were when they realised they would get feck all..

That is not true. Every member of the faction will be awarded with the same prizes. Where did you get this info?

Overlander
01-23-2013, 08:47 AM
They must get a prize or the battles will be dead next event. I pulled in most points for my faction but only because I was the defence leader and they get hit more. So completely a deal breaker if that was the case. I have heard that the top 3 might get a prize.

Clownius
01-23-2013, 08:52 AM
You don't quite grasp it, do you? if you can't win, or alternately won't do anything for your team by not contributing then you should be kicked out. If this lump of shyte took 1000 losses he potentially cost his team position, if they were within range any of the prize brackets. I say kick his a** out!

I think you missed my point.

I didnt say keep the fool just that his losses mean he deserves the faction prize for this event. No more than that.

While he was getting beat down other members were not. Obviously drew a lot of attacks that may very well have landed on you instead.

I would totally throw his ass out ASAP.