PDA

View Full Version : Cheating/glitch?

CplJC
01-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Some top factions have all their players with the same damn name? What is that all about?

boiii I would be blowing smoke through my ears had I spent 1 penny on this game...There are so many damn glitches it is bananas!!!
Worst then halo2 in its Moddin.Stand by days hahah...

vitus79
01-21-2013, 11:41 AM
call it strategy to mostly protect the lower stat members from a good pummeling in a costly battle. with same avatars and ally counts you dont know who to find and chances are good to hit the 300k guy instead the 30k u aimed for. smart move on their end and spport doing all those name change requests. kudos :)

CplJC
01-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Cool. Thanks for the reply.

Captain Steelman
01-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Strategy or not... The changing of names is just for noobs and chickens.... I know one or two factions who are into that kind of stuff but to be honest, they are scared...

If you play this game the way it is supposed to be played you face your enemy with due respect and dont hide behind someone else name. Therefore you will find Captain Steelman and the others of his faction and you will be able to attack who ever you like... We are still standing and waiting without hiding...

Bronson
01-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Strategy or not... The changing of names is just for noobs and chickens.... I know one or two factions who are into that kind of stuff but to be honest, they are scared...

If you play this game the way it is supposed to be played you face your enemy with due respect and dont hide behind someone else name. Therefore you will find Captain Steelman and the others of his faction and you will be able to attack who ever you like... We are still standing and waiting without hiding...

I'll be sure to pass on that to all our guys with 400k+ stats that they are noob and chickens!

Captain Steelman
01-21-2013, 02:00 PM
I'll be sure to pass on that to all our guys with 400k+ stats that they are noob and chickens!

Thank you...

NakedCherryPie
01-21-2013, 02:34 PM
WOW, REALLY? I thought us mega gold spenders had no strategy? I guess this doesn't count either?. Just leave me your in game name and I'll be sure to pay a visit when we square off. I'll even leave a speed dial so you can visit me anytime you wish.

CplJC
01-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Damn. I said thanks for the reply and that should have end it! At the end of all it..It is an strategy and a pretty good one...a bit shady but seems legit to me...Props to those who are doing it...Makes it obnoxious for those of us who didn't think of it lol...I do wish that we didnt get match everytime with the so called big spenders lol.

Ranger4Life
01-21-2013, 02:46 PM

In warfare you use any strategy that you can to gain the upper hand. This is like dressing all of your soldiers up in the same uniforms without displaying rank so the enemy doesn't know who the officers are.

And since you are so tough please don't forget to post your in game name, ally count, and level.

NakedCherryPie
01-21-2013, 02:48 PM
People will always come up with an excuse as to why the mega gold spenders are cheaters or have no strategy. I believe this event should prove all of that wrong, but it won't. There are no hard feelings here, call me what you wish.

Corsair
01-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Either way its easy to find a target all you need to find is one with low defense and keep attacking that poor player over and over once you have them locked on they aint going anywhere. Also they tend to come up in the same order for everyone in your faction so you can just point out "1 - name, or 2nd-name" etc just put a number on their name to label them it takes a few seconds to count down the list and once you have them just keep attacking. Yeah but some like Capt Steelman up there can't count, so they get all whiny instead. :)

CplJC
01-21-2013, 02:53 PM
People will always come up with an excuse as to why the mega gold spenders are cheaters or have no strategy. I believe this event should prove all of that wrong, but it won't. There are no hard feelings here, call me what you wish.Haters! Anyways I actually brought this topic when we went up against you guys!
:o lol...Is all good with us, we had no idea it was do-able. :(

fearandrea
01-21-2013, 03:44 PM
It is a uniform. It is a great strategy. It's awesomeness! Especially when you are a Pacifist Spoon. :)

Captain Steelman
01-22-2013, 02:52 AM
In warfare you use any strategy that you can to gain the upper hand. This is like dressing all of your soldiers up in the same uniforms without displaying rank so the enemy doesn't know who the officers are.

And since you are so tough please don't forget to post your in game name, ally count, and level.

Well, Captain Steelman is Captain Steelman in game also... Why have another name in this forum....? I donīt get it...
Iīm in the shark tank in five more lvlīs. It will take me a week or so to get there.... Iīll see you then....

Ascent
01-22-2013, 03:19 AM
we are all descendants of The One Cherry Pie, may all be blessed by her Nakedness :D

HGF69
01-22-2013, 03:37 AM
C'mon that is genius and real initiative.

Hit Bloke79 - what one there's 52 of them?

The 19th one down - one, two, three, four, or was that five, ah damn, start again?

Aw to hell with that I lost count.

I take my hat off to you. Its war for gawds sake not a gentleman's social club.

DragCro
01-22-2013, 03:54 AM
@ nakedcherrypie - nice thinking & good strategy(changing ign to all members),this is the way to play it smart!
It shows intelligence and a smart thinking,bravooo!

Captain Steelman
01-22-2013, 04:23 AM
Its war for gawds sake not a gentleman's social club.

There are only Gentlemenīs in my faction... and some ladies too... Therefore we donīt hide...

HGF69
01-22-2013, 04:31 AM
There are only Gentlemenīs in my faction... and some ladies too... Therefore we donīt hide...

If you don't hide you'd get your head shot off on the battlefield within 2 minutes, fat lot of use you'd be! There's a reason the army wear camouflage you know.

CasualPlayer
01-22-2013, 04:37 AM
Im suspicious about the amount of gold people have spent. yes there will be rich people who dont give a thought to spending thousdands but its plain stupid how much people spend. PUN are 5 million ahead!!! why dont they ease off the brakes a bit. Is there no way to hack gold into your account??

Captain Steelman
01-22-2013, 04:41 AM
If you don't hide you'd get your head shot off on the battlefield within 2 minutes, fat lot of use you'd be! There's a reason the army wear camouflage you know.

Yes, I do understand the reason for it in a real life event like war... However, in this MW event we go to war like Gentlemenīs. That is the way of an Emperor...

Fanta32
01-22-2013, 05:10 AM
Haha stole my idea, plan B for bravehearts!

Agent Orange
01-22-2013, 06:41 AM
The same name is a very clever strategy especially when you have team members who are weaker then others.

In terms of gold spending, though I confess to not being able to fully wrap my head around it I realize that for some this is a hobby and they can afford to do it. We all have our vices, mine collection antique computers so a heavy gold spende might look at me and shake their head. In the end it's all relative if you are getting enjoyment out of it great. Granted there could be a dark side.

Just going back to the original post, consider the name changes similar to an army wearing camouflage and in some battlefields command hide their rank to avoid being targeted so put in those terms it seems pretty logical.

I might suggest that perhaps we get the option of making this change ourselves, I sent in two change requests one before WD started and the other on day 1 neither of which have gone through, support is probably swamped now.

negotiator
01-22-2013, 06:44 AM
Lots of problems with the game, changing names is not one of them. I echo the earlier comments, hats off to Gree support in this area.

cheiz
01-22-2013, 06:46 AM
I think it's a clever strategy, though it really makes no difference for the top teams, because it doesn't matter who they hit, they win anyway and if not, it doesn't really matter either, because if you spend a lot of gold, you'll just lose one hit and then move on to the next in the battle list.

Ssne
01-22-2013, 06:57 AM
I would say there is very little reason for the top teams to do it, since their weak spot is quickly identified and the top teams see each other in battle over and over. Does it "bleed" the other top teams of some gold? Maybe at the beginning, but such a small small percentage of the overall total to have virtually no effect I would argue. What it does do is cause confusion when some of your adversaries post on your wall, etc. Oh you are REALLY so and so and not just SAMENAME27? So, much more difficult to have a post-battle "beer" with your rival so to speak. Not to mention it has to be a bit internally confusing I would think.

Brummied
01-26-2013, 09:47 AM

Bigex lvl137 rainbow afro 5.5million IPH heres how!

stevek
01-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Is it possible for a mid level player to have the following

7 - central fleet 3600A/4900D
command
7 - Yulian class 810A/750D
invader
7 - A2 Stiletto 1600A/1100D

7 - Fang Missile 406A/293D
Projector
7 - Tactical Striker 1980A/1840D

I believe that he was with a top 10 BoB faction

Noblesse Oblige
01-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Its a glitch

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44533-We-got-our-top-100-prize!/page2

stevek
01-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks Noblesse, I feel better now

Steve

Kjctnorris
01-26-2013, 11:19 AM

If you play this game the way it is supposed to be played you face your enemy with due respect and dont hide behind someone else name. Therefore you will find Captain Steelman and the others of his faction and you will be able to attack who ever you like... We are still standing and waiting without hiding...this is moronic. I guess our founding fathers were chickens too.

aether100
01-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Sun Tsu points out that for Victory

He whose ranks are united in purpose will be victorious.

He who is well prepared and lies in wait for an enemy who is
not well prepared will be victorious.

digisyn
01-26-2013, 12:36 PM
I could care less. Start at the top in the group and work your way down finding someone you can beat most often then hammer away. KISS- keep it simple stupid. Sun Tsu probably wrote that in an earlier text:)

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-26-2013, 12:42 PM
I could care less. Start at the top in the group and work your way down finding someone you can beat most often then hammer away. KISS- keep it simple stupid. Sun Tsu probably wrote that in an earlier text:)In a 15 minute battle, such trickeration (same names) might be helpful. But, as digisyn points out, it can easily be overcome within seconds. As smart as you think you are, others aren't as stupid as you believe them to be.

Wdigeorge
01-26-2013, 11:55 PM
War is a complex "game". With all things being equal, the army with the most discipline will triumph over an undisciplined army. The army that is well funded (gold) will beat one with less. The army with that can confuse and disrupt their opponent will be victorious. The list can go on and on.

Don't hate gold players because they spent money and you can't or do not wish to spend it. Don't envy those with better/smarter ideas to gain advantage. You have simply been outplayed. This is a war game and we all have the same opportunity/ability and restrictions/rules.

There is nothing gentleman about keeping your original names or be any less if you change your names to camoflash yourself. It is within the game parameters. If you haven't thought of it, it is your loss. If you chose not to use it, it is your loss.

Speed ump
01-27-2013, 12:19 AM
Lets all go back to the days of standing shoulder to shoulder in a line, waiting to be mowed down by an opponent doing the same. I think any tactician would laugh you right out of the academy as too dumb to continue. Im not oing to try to force you to play the game my way( i already have, who do you think the faction/ group/ team thing was molded after) and i promise you will not gotce me to play your way. We have always made our own rules, not let others make them for us. In the early days we were derided for our style of play. The game was meant or individuals, not gangs we were told. Now you cant wait to jump at the chance to play our way. Its more of the same, you want to define or constrain our methods to try to reduce our advantages. We invented this style of play, and no, we still wont let anyone tell us what that should be acvording to their sense of things. I dont care how you wish to play, i have no desire to make you change. Play your game, ill play mine.

Mcdoc
01-27-2013, 10:30 AM
I think it was a Brilliant strategy ! ! !

Poo poo on the Cry babies who are whining about it after the fact. THAT is not a cheat.

Finding someone with a 6 million defense - THAT is a cheat.

CplJC
01-27-2013, 11:15 AM
I think it was a Brilliant strategy ! ! !

Poo poo on the Cry babies who are whining about it after the fact. THAT is not a cheat.

Finding someone with a 6 million defense - THAT is a cheat.
I didn't know it was doable to change your name :D Cool thought.

Brummied
01-28-2013, 03:05 AM
new name - same guy? back again??? rouge last known level 191 sent invite to our faction while level 185, 10mins after discussion in forum went back to question found his level had gone up to 191 in 10 minutes - rejected hacker, have a screen shot of same name rouge at lvl 171 About 3 hours earlier - defence score 9.2mil
WTF Gree perhaps you only have a few hackers that keep re-spawning them self to wreak havoc on our game, surely these behaviour patterns are traceable, I hope this helps you catch these people that are spoiling an otherwise fantastically addictive gaming experience! tickets sent as always :-)

Bigex lvl137 rainbow afro 5.5million IPH heres how!

Wambo
01-28-2013, 05:03 AM
War is a complex "game". With all things being equal, the army with the most discipline will triumph over an undisciplined army. The army that is well funded (gold) will beat one with less. The army with that can confuse and disrupt their opponent will be victorious. The list can go on and on.

Don't hate gold players because they spent money and you can't or do not wish to spend it. Don't envy those with better/smarter ideas to gain advantage. You have simply been outplayed. This is a war game and we all have the same opportunity/ability and restrictions/rules.

There is nothing gentleman about keeping your original names or be any less if you change your names to camoflash yourself. It is within the game parameters. If you haven't thought of it, it is your loss. If you chose not to use it, it is your loss.

I really hate to admit it, but of all guys, this guy is right... It's within the parameters of the game. A bit chickinish of weaker players but bloody damn smart... I might even follow to confuse oncoming enermies. It's good initiative thinking there...

Warfiend
01-28-2013, 10:17 AM
On the issue of virtual bravery and whatnot... what's wrong with you people complaining about this? You scared to hit someone too strong, you want to be able to mark the weakest guy so you can pound on them repeatedly? That doesn't sound very brave to me. What exactly is braver about that strategy than everyone having the same name to counter it?

NakedCherryPie
01-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Right now, in war rooms all across the globe, every faction is discussing this. Quite a few more will jump on board, accepting the brilliance of this strategy.

Dutchie
01-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Right now, in war rooms all across the globe, every faction is discussing this. Quite a few more will jump on board, accepting the brilliance of this strategy.

True but as PJ said it is easily overcome if you use your brain :)

Bubs
01-28-2013, 02:10 PM

Hmm...I thought you said you weren't part of the 43 Nakedcherrypie member faction, that they "stole your name"...I agree that it was an effective tactic, but why lie about it?

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Changing names to all become BETTY, SALLY, SNOOPY, or GENIUS; only confuses mouth breathers.

Admittedly, there are many mouth breathers that DO play this game.

Most of them, however, are still going to find the weakest link and pulverize the little snot.

If you're smart, don't admit little snots to your faction.

There are also some people that aren't as dumb, or easily misled.

Bottom line, the name changing thing is simply a parlor trick.

I don't care who I hit.

I simply want points, as many points as I can obtain in four whacks.

Hero of Time
01-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Changing names to all become BETTY, SALLY, SNOOPY, or GENIUS; only confuses mouth breathers.

Most of them, however, are still going to find the weakest link and pulverize the little snot.

I don't care who I hit.

Wise words of wisdom here.

http://m.img.brothersoft.com/android/1866/93866_screenshot0.jpg

http://f0.bcbits.com/z/55/50/555099825-1.jpg

http://www.sarahsalway.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Wise-Words-Logo.jpg

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1985858340/WiseWords_TFL_large.jpg

threefellow
01-28-2013, 05:08 PM

I don't care who I hit.

We are watching.

CaptAmerica
01-28-2013, 05:17 PM
We have discussed changing all to the same name, all drop to 500 allies, same avatar and all marked as a faction "member" level 3 in the battle room... I just hope we don't forget who we are and attack ourselves. :p

CaptAmerica
01-28-2013, 05:22 PM
i gotta admit i laughed hard at a long list on Pacifist Spoons and Naked Cherry Pies. We just let the big guns hit and when cream puffs uncovered. Hit Spoon 3rd from top.. 5th from top, 12th from top... etc.