PDA

View Full Version : WD - Battle For Brazil - How do the leaders do it?

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 07:00 AM
Do you guys feel all of the top Factions are clearly cheating, or is every player on their team spending thousands in gold, and have some sort of scripts enabling them to constantly attack?

The numbers, time & gold just don't add up.

Are there some legit tricks to getting those kinds of numbers? Are there scripts being run?

At an average of about 200 points with no fortification what would be required for 21 million points right now is insane atleast 105k attacks

So 105k Attacks / 4 Health attacks would = 26,250 Health purchases

Even if you remove natural health regen at 24 hours a day which is not possible that's 24/ per day right, think 1 full health per hour

72 Hours = 1458 attacks per hour?

I'm sure my math is off ... But just trying to ro8ughly piece all of this together

I also believe the top teams points are way higher than 21 mil right now

Just thinking out loud

Ranger4Life
01-21-2013, 07:02 AM
I would say that 20-30k gold is being spent per battle for the top3.

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 07:08 AM
Have you worked out what that is in dollars? I know our faction leader is a pretty heavy hitter compared to me and he's at 1217 battles. So yeah 105 THOUSAND attacks is nuts!

OK I did a little rough calculation. Assuming someone bought vaults at $60 a pop during the 40% off sale it comes out to $9,000 PER DAY you'd have to buy to equal that many attacks.

Edit: Read below so if you divide by 50 members it averages $178 per member per day. Do-able but nuts for a "game" like this.

Maxstar
01-21-2013, 07:12 AM
You all forgot to divide by faction members count.
105k attack / 50 members = 2100 attack per member for 72hours.
2100 / 72 = 30 attacks per hour.
It's more than real.

Of course in reality not all members so active. But I think you understood your mistake.

PS
FYI. Good battle cost 4,5 - 5k golds.

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Hard to factor due to the Gold sales they have had.. but let's just suppose full price?

$100 = 1500 Gold
1500 Gold = 60 Health Refills

26,250 Health Purchases / 60 = 437

437 Gold Purchases x $100 = $43,750

20% Off = 35k
40% Off = 26,250

I doubt it was all bought at 40% off either

IF my math is wrong please by all means correct

But as you can see that's not likely, so something isn't right

Add the money plus the attacks per hour

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 07:16 AM
It's more than real.

Of course in reality not all members so active. But I think you understood your mistake.

PS

I'd be shocked if half the Faction is active, also remember people have to sleep atleast 8 hours, so factor that in and you're still unrealistic + the money

Also where did you see 50 members, that's alot

Kjctnorris
01-21-2013, 07:19 AM
Milspec, GREE does offer special deals to the high rollers that buy so many vaults per a designated time period. Regardless, it's still expensive.

iamnasty
01-21-2013, 07:19 AM
Do you guys feel all of the top Factions are clearly cheating, or is every player on their team spending thousands in gold, and have some sort of scripts enabling them to constantly attack?

Are there some legit tricks to getting those kinds of numbers? Are there scripts being run?

At an average of about 200 points with no fortification what would be required for 21 million points right now is insane atleast 105k attacks

So 105k Attacks / 4 Health attacks would = 26,250 Health purchases

Even if you remove natural health regen at 24 hours a day which is not possible that's 24/ per day right, think 1 full health per hour

72 Hours = 1458 attacks per hour?

I'm sure my math is off ... But just trying to ro8ughly piece all of this together

I also believe the top teams points are way higher than 21 mil right now

Just thinking out loud

Something coz you don't know or understand does not give you the rights to accuse others a cheater or hacker !!
Unless your faction is there otherwise you'll never know nor understand!!

Cheers :D

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 07:22 AM
Personally I have fought around the clock and spent a ton on gold

2018 wins, 61 losses 427,714 points right now

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 07:23 AM
Asking a question, thinking out loud and doing math with you guys. Awfully defensive there kiddo. I asked if there were tricks, tips or scripts. Where did I say cheating? It's always funny how people call themselves out.

Something coz you don't know or understand does not give you the rights to accuse others a cheater or hacker !!

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 07:23 AM
I'd be shocked if half the Faction is active, also remember people have to sleep atleast 8 hours, so factor that in and you're still unrealistic + the money

Nah people don't have to sleep near that much. You can go 5 days without much sleep at all. You need a pretty good rest after that but you can get by with combat naps for that long.

Have to look at my math again as my numbers are quite a bit different from yours. But anyone spending anything NEAR that much on this "game" either has money to burn or has a problem. Come to think of it they both have a problem just that one may be able to afford it.

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 07:25 AM

Didn't sound like he was accusing so much as asking how it was possible Nasty.

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 07:29 AM
Personally I have fought around the clock and spent a ton on gold

2018 wins, 61 losses 427,714 points right now

That's 427,714 for your faction? That sounds about right as we're almost dead heat at this point. We have 424,678 points right now. Our leader is the only one really spending and he's just over 1200 attacks.

Edit: I see where you would probably be at 424k personally, nevermind the question and I guess you guys are way ahead of us as a team.

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 07:35 AM
No we are at about 527k right now I believe

Those stats were just mine

Dutchie
01-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Assuming someone bought vaults at $60 a pop during the 40% off sale it comes out to $9,000 PER DAY you'd have to buy to equal that many attacks.

That is loose change if you're a multi-millionaire or if you work as a trader for Goldman Sachs. You don't know the backgrounds of people who play the game. There are many ways to get enjoyment out of your money. Some like Tiger Woods likes to spend it on hookers, certain actors or musicians love to spend it on drugs and alcohol and then there are some who enjoy playing games.

iamnasty
01-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Asking a question, thinking out loud and doing math with you guys. Awfully defensive there kiddo. I asked if there were tricks, tips or scripts. Where did I say cheating? It's always funny how people call themselves out.

Well, it's very obvious you're just an amateur in MW !!

Cheers:D

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 08:09 AM
wow Brilliant reply

iamnasty
01-21-2013, 08:10 AM

Just to kill your curiosity, in every battle the Top 3 faction in 1 hour easily able to accumulate 500K to 1 million Point. And they do have more sleep than you !!

Clownius
01-21-2013, 08:12 AM
Out of interest what are the top factions getting per hit? it has to be more than the 300 i max out at right?

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 08:17 AM
has to be the same for everyone no? My average is 211

Dhusagar
01-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Out of interest what are the top factions getting per hit? it has to be more than the 300 i max out at right?

I am getting between 150-300 per hit. I am in a "top" faction.

I am spending between 500 and 1500 gold per battle.

Does that help?

BTW - I am by no means a big spender in my faction.

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 08:18 AM
and that's assuming they didn't waste any health knocking down a fortification, which they'd have to do otherwise theyare getting about 100 points

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 08:19 AM
dhs your avg about 200-210?

Ranger4Life
01-21-2013, 08:21 AM
PS

Yeah, per person!

Nope, 300 is the max for all.

Dhusagar
01-21-2013, 08:22 AM
dhs your avg about 200-210?

Haven't kept that close an eye, but would think that about right.

Ranger4Life
01-21-2013, 08:23 AM

Also where did you see 50 members, that's alot

All of the top factions have 50+ members.

If you have 427k of your factions 527k, then it's time you find a new faction.

Clownius
01-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Ouch i dont think im ever playing with the big dogs then....

Im only likely to spend 25-50 gold per fight.

Ssne
01-21-2013, 08:25 AM
That is loose change if you're a multi-millionaire or if you work as a trader for Goldman Sachs. You don't know the backgrounds of people who play the game. There are many ways to get enjoyment out of your money. Some like Tiger Woods likes to spend it on hookers, certain actors or musicians love to spend it on drugs and alcohol and then there are some who enjoy playing games.

One way to fix this (at least a little) is to make gold much cheaper. At $20 per vault, I am near certain (without doing the modeling) that overall revenue to gree rises and engagement goes way up. I have visited tons of folks on my rivals list and those with solid ingame cash armies have been devastated by this event as players 100 levels above them with golden armies have pounded them relentlessly. People who had 20-30k defense now have 5k. They are much more likely to give up the game now. What do you do when there are no more "free" players left and the indestructible armies just fight each other? I like this game and the BFB event concept was/is great, but long term thought around its execution and the resulting outcomes is sorely lacking.

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 08:26 AM

Hehe....If you're going to quote me Dutchie quote my entire post. I didn't say there weren't folks who could afford to throw money down a gutter, I said they have a problem if they do. :rolleyes:

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 08:27 AM
It's my faction ;) Will def be seeking new members

All of the top factions have 50+ members.

If you have 427k of your factions 527k, then it's time you find a new faction.

iamnasty
01-21-2013, 08:33 AM

If you are really into seeking your answers, try hitting the Top 5 faction, anywhere your faction has nothing to lose !!!

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm on android have no options to pick anyone to fight i can't click on or even view those top factions

Dutchie
01-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Hehe....If you're going to quote me Dutchie quote my entire post. I didn't say there weren't folks who could afford to throw money down a gutter, I said they have a problem if they do. :rolleyes:

Why do they have a problem if they are prepared to spend serious money that they can easily afford on a game? It is their money and they have earned it and they can do what they like with it. The money trickles down and they are supporting GREE employees (and their families) and GREE shareholders, like you and I (unless you don't have a pension and maybe your pension fund doesn't hold GREE shares). Money flows in circles...

Sandukan
01-21-2013, 08:52 AM
You never know a person until you been in battle with them.

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Why do they have a problem if they are prepared to spend serious money that they can easily afford on a game? It is their money and they have earned it and they can do what they like with it. The money trickles down and they are supporting GREE employees (and their families) and GREE shareholders, like you and I (unless you don't have a pension and maybe your pension fund doesn't hold GREE shares). Money flows in circles...

It's the old paradox of one's person idea of crazy is another's idea of sane Dutchie. But I think the vast majority of the society would think it crazy to watch someone throw money down a gutter. Spending money on this game is much the same thing because there's no value for what you get. Unless you consider bragging rights for spending the most money "value". This "war" is nothing more than a contest to see who can spend the most money. Yes it takes a bit of organization to get everyone online when you need them but other than that it's just a spending contest. Modern War is just another dressed up counting game and the sooner people realize that the better.

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 09:08 AM
VERY VERY true, applies to alot of things

You never know a person until you been in battle with them.

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 09:09 AM
On something virtual that could disappear tomorrow at that!

It's the old paradox of one's person idea of crazy is another's idea of sane Dutchie. But I think the vast majority of the society would think it crazy to watch someone throw money down a gutter. Spending money on this game is much the same thing because there's no value for what you get. Unless you consider bragging rights for spending the most money "value". This "war" is nothing more than a contest to see who can spend the most money. Yes it takes a bit of organization to get everyone online when you need them but other than that it's just a spending contest. Modern War is just another dressed up counting game and the sooner people realize that the better.

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 09:11 AM
One way to fix this (at least a little) is to make gold much cheaper. At $20 per vault, I am near certain (without doing the modeling) that overall revenue to gree rises and engagement goes way up. I have visited tons of folks on my rivals list and those with solid ingame cash armies have been devastated by this event as players 100 levels above them with golden armies have pounded them relentlessly. People who had 20-30k defense now have 5k. They are much more likely to give up the game now. What do you do when there are no more "free" players left and the indestructible armies just fight each other? I like this game and the BFB event concept was/is great, but long term thought around its execution and the resulting outcomes is sorely lacking.

Gree has tied a Gordian Knot and I don't think cheaper gold is going to solve the problem. The people that are spending vast sums of money will still spend it and have that many more units is all that would happen by having cheaper gold.

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 09:19 AM
On something virtual that could disappear tomorrow at that!

Exactly. Think about what you could go into Best Buy and purchase with the amount of money some people have thrown away on this "game".

I think I'm going to go back to online flight sims. I'll still play MW but if I want to spend my hard earned cash I want some value for it. Mil if you want to see what real money can buy for you check out http://www.jg1.org/ This is my old "Cyber Squadron" that at one point I commanded. If you read the history section of the virtual Jagdgeschawder Richthofen you'll find me mentioned. You fight real wars that require real skill and tactics and planning.

Mongo
01-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Good points here. Except I have one objection, what is this about sleeping 8 hours?

Ranger4Life
01-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Exactly. Think about what you could go into Best Buy and purchase with the amount of money some people have thrown away on this "game".

I think I'm going to go back to online flight sims. I'll still play MW but if I want to spend my hard earned cash I want some value for it. Mil if you want to see what real money can buy for you check out http://www.jg1.org/ This is my old "Cyber Squadron" that at one point I commanded. If you read the history section of the virtual Jagdgeschawder Richthofen you'll find me mentioned. You fight real wars that require real skill and tactics and planning.

The problem is that you are looking at this like an investment that yields a tangible return. For those that spend cash they are doing so for the entertainment value.

Some people spend around 15k so that they can jump out of an airplane once a week.

Some people spend 100k+ on a wedding.

Some people spend 50k on a vacation.

Some people spend 25k on season tickets to a sporting event.

At the end of the day they are all just paying for enjoyment and memories.

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 10:55 AM
The problem is that you are looking at this like an investment that yields a tangible return. For those that spend cash they are doing so for the entertainment value.

Some people spend around 15k so that they can jump out of an airplane once a week.

Some people spend 100k+ on a wedding.

Some people spend 50k on a vacation.

Some people spend 25k on season tickets to a sporting event.

At the end of the day they are all just paying for enjoyment and memories.

Good point Ranger and you're correct I want something more in return for my money. I'm not saying those who spend exorbitant amounts of money are bad people just that I don't see the point in doing it.

ckos
01-21-2013, 10:59 AM
people have to sleep atleast 8 hours

I don't get that on the BEST of my days, never mind this event!

I envy you : )

CplJC
01-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Good point Ranger and you're correct I want something more in return for my money. I'm not saying those who spend exorbitant amounts of money are bad people just that I don't see the point in doing it.
You don't, They do! I said they cause I dont spend $$...But like the good old saying goes. To each is own.

Ramshutu
01-21-2013, 11:09 AM

Because they can afford to.

asdfg12345
01-21-2013, 11:13 AM

To some people 30k is not exorbitant amounts of money. Its pocket change.

Sandukan
01-21-2013, 11:13 AM
People need to set goals that THEY are comfortable with and stop watching what others are spending.

I either blow my money on MW and CC or I go to scrip clubs and make it rain.
This is safer lol

Intrance
01-21-2013, 11:15 AM

I think the strategy here is people should join faction with members of similar stat. If ur stat is way low for your faction of course you will get pounded since your faction is fighting factions of similar strength. If ur stat is low and you join a strong faction ur just getting a free ride so getting pounded is the pay off

CplJC
01-21-2013, 11:20 AM
People need to set goals that THEY are comfortable with and stop watching what others are spending.

This is safer lol
I agree...However I worried about who I'm feeding! a set of programmers who aren't doing their job yet claiming money or a girl working her through "school" LOL

Ranger4Life
01-21-2013, 11:22 AM

I still don't think you understand. The ROI here is the entertainment value. You could go buy a TV or surround sound system and that would make you happy. Some already have that so that doesn't matter to them.

If you have the money to do ANYTHING, then you probably have already done everything that you would want to. At this point it costs more to find new things to bring the same amount of joy as someone that go's to dinner and a movie.

"Mo money, Mo problems"

This is safer lol

Nice! I literally laughed out loud at this.

Dutchie
01-21-2013, 11:44 AM
I still don't think you understand. The ROI here is the entertainment value. You could go buy a TV or surround sound system and that would make you happy. Some already have that so that doesn't matter to them.

If you have the money to do ANYTHING, then you probably have already done everything that you would want to. At this point it costs more to find new things to bring the same amount of joy as someone that go's to dinner and a movie.

"Mo money, Mo problems"

Nice! I literally laughed out loud at this.

and friendships made especially since the release of factions within MW.

Timbathia
01-21-2013, 11:50 AM

If you went through school getting picked on, then got a good paying job and moved into your parents basement with your action figures - then I am sure you would spend lots to try and become the best at an online pixel fighting game like some of the leaders as well.

SevenO9
01-21-2013, 11:51 AM
If you went through school getting picked on, then got a good paying job and moved into your parents basement with your action figures - then I am sure you would spend lots to try and become the best at an online pixel fighting game like some of the leaders as well.

And who picked on you my friend?

Timbathia
01-21-2013, 11:53 AM
And who picked on you my friend?

You clearly havent seen my stats in this game.

2BMC27
01-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Quick question: If you take the fortification down, do the points received from player attacks increase?

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 12:13 PM

But there is no "game" here that I can see, it's a counting contest. Yeah there might be some tricks on how to get the "count" the highest in the shortest length of time, but come on this isn't a "wargame". It's fun but it isn't wargaming by any stretch.

Dutchie
01-21-2013, 12:17 PM
But there is no "game" here that I can see, it's a counting contest. Yeah there might be some tricks on how to get the "count" the highest in the shortest length of time, but come one this isn't a "wargame". It's fun I'll admit that but it isn't wargaming by any stretch.

What about all the strategy and coordination needed in the background to gain maximum WD points as non-gold or light gold players? We don't expect to be in the top 10, nor the top 25 but we will try to get close to that!

Granted this game is just hitting buttons and nothing like a game such as CoD but what do you expect from a game on a phone or tablet?

This is a strategy game, a bit like Command & Conquer (PC) but MMORPG which C&C never was, so it is a lot more social!

Dutchie
01-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Quick question: If you take the fortification down, do the points received from player attacks increase?

Double the points and nice hijack!

2BMC27
01-21-2013, 12:24 PM
It was mentioned early in this post. Only looking for clarification. This is from a non-gold player, who can afford to buy gold but refuses to purchase it. Good luck all!

Dutchie
01-21-2013, 12:43 PM
It was mentioned early in this post. Only looking for clarification. This is from a non-gold player, who can afford to buy gold but refuses to purchase it. Good luck all!

If it was talked about earlier then fair enough. Too busy with war to read the whole thread... sorry!

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 12:57 PM
What about all the strategy and coordination needed in the background to gain maximum WD points as non-gold or light gold players? We don't expect to be in the top 10, nor the top 25 but we will try to get close to that!

Granted this game is just hitting buttons and nothing like a game such as CoD but what do you expect from a game on a phone or tablet?

This is a strategy game, a bit like Command & Conquer (PC) but MMORPG which C&C never was, so it is a lot more social!

I did mention the coordination part in an earlier post Dutchie. And I did say it's fun which is why I play it. I'm just trying to put things into perspective. Whatever we win here isn't about wargaming, it's about who can get the highest count the fastest and the way to do that is who can spend the most money the fastest.

Maybe what we should do is have a Gold and Non-Gold bracket?

2BMC27
01-21-2013, 01:08 PM
I did mention the coordination part in an earlier post Dutchie. And I did say it's fun which is why I play it. I'm just trying to put things into perspective. Whatever we win here isn't about wargaming, it's about who can get the highest count the fastest and the way to do that is who can spend the most money the fastest.

Maybe what we should do is have a Gold and Non-Gold bracket?

I like the idea of separating into gold and non-gold; however, Gree would never do it. Gree is looking for the competitive fire to influence the purchase of gold. "We are losing and if I just buy one med pack we will win."

I personally do not believe it is a good business strategy for Gree to separate the two and ultimately Gree is running a business.

procsyzarc
01-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Big spenders would use 20 vaults on these events easy and I am pretty sure almost everyone is PUN is a big spender.
20 vaults = 80,000 gold after bonus
80,000 x 50 members = 4M gold or 160k medpack or 640k attacks.
That is 12,800,000 points at an average of 200 per attack on top of free points which would be next to nothing at this level of spending since HP will never be recharging.

So maybe PUN is using 40vaults each since they are close to double that. In dollars that is $4000 each person if brought at full price (a lot would have been brought during 15 or 35% sales) or $200,000 for the team which seems pretty legit for big spenders. The more surprising thing is I am sure Ferr is the only one spending big in his team so he is probably going to spend close to $200k alone on this event. Hard for some people to understand but this is chump change for a lot of people playing.

This shows one thing………..This event is great for Gree and will make them about $1M

General Sir
01-21-2013, 01:20 PM
It's more than real.

PS

Sounds about right.

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Yes while its jump change for some..

Many people in factions can barely afford 1 vault.. true story

So while you may have a few spending big 20-30 people probably aren't.. there's only so many times you can physically attack or hit a button per hour...

Dutchie
01-21-2013, 01:36 PM
I haven't been following this thread closely by reading every post as I am busy with fighting a war, so apologies if I am repeating things you have already said. Time to focus on the game with less than 2 days to go. Wish you all success as non-gold and light gold spenders and hopefully you can make it into the top 100.

Over and out.

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Big spenders would use 20 vaults on these events easy and I am pretty sure almost everyone is PUN is a big spender.
20 vaults = 80,000 gold after bonus
80,000 x 50 members = 4M gold or 160k medpack or 640k attacks.
That is 12,800,000 points at an average of 200 per attack on top of free points which would be next to nothing at this level of spending since HP will never be recharging.

So maybe PUN is using 40vaults each since they are close to double that. In dollars that is $4000 each person if brought at full price (a lot would have been brought during 15 or 35% sales) or $200,000 for the team which seems pretty legit for big spenders. The more surprising thing is I am sure Ferr is the only one spending big in his team so he is probably going to spend close to $200k alone on this event. Hard for some people to understand but this is chump change for a lot of people playing.

This shows one thing………..This event is great for Gree and will make them about $1M

I don't think it's quite that much money as these guys are probably all getting the "Big Spender Bonus" but it's definitely more than I would ever consider spending.

My faction is shooting for top 100 which I think its realistic for us.

I certainly don't begrudge anyone spending all they want as it's the only way to win at this.

Mil what I would do is try and recruit members who spend a reasonable amount of money. With your addition alone OTS would be top 50 easy. I kicked out $60 and got a vault at the discount the other day and would have paid $100, but that's as far as I'm going to go for one event.

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 02:05 PM
i've spent alot of money and no miraculous big spender bonus has come my way... any details on this anywhere?

procsyzarc
01-21-2013, 02:07 PM
I don't think it's quite that much money as these guys are probably all getting the "Big Spender Bonus" but it's definitely more than I would ever consider spending.

My faction is shooting for top 100 which I think its realistic for us.

I certainly don't begrudge anyone spending all they want as it's the only way to win at this.

Mil what I would do is try and recruit members who spend a reasonable amount of money. With your addition alone OTS would be top 50 easy. I kicked out $60 and got a vault at the discount the other day and would have paid $100, but that's as far as I'm going to go for one event.

If you read what i wrote i factored that in

20 vaults = 80,000 gold after bonus which is the maximum gold bonus

fluffy402
01-21-2013, 02:17 PM
You guys honestly think people spent $20000+ on gold? I think it's safe to assume they're hackers.

Corsair
01-21-2013, 02:22 PM
The entry points to a high-end sim or MMPORG are much more expensive and complex than the entry point to an iGame. Just pick up a little toy or your phone and start tapping. It really is that simple.

Arizona
01-21-2013, 02:32 PM
I predict Gree will be the top faction!

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 02:56 PM
i've spent alot of money and no miraculous big spender bonus has come my way... any details on this anywhere?

This thread Mil:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44395-Gold-bonus

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 03:01 PM
The entry points to a high-end sim or MMPORG are much more expensive and complex than the entry point to an iGame. Just pick up a little toy or your phone and start tapping. It really is that simple.

I couldn't agree more Corsair. I like playing MW and think it's fun, I just have a realistic attitude about what we're doing here. Reminds me of Yahtzee from when we were kids.

Flight sims on the other hand are a whole different ball of wax. The group I was in is the oldest online "German" Cyber-Squadron on the internet, JG1. www.jg1.org The only one older is the Wingwalkers www.wingwalkers.org and they just celebrated their 20th anniversary with a get together in San Diego CA. From your handle I would think this would be your cup of tea.

ModernCamper
01-21-2013, 03:02 PM
People just to like to spend RL money

Ranger4Life
01-21-2013, 03:05 PM
But there is no "game" here that I can see, it's a counting contest. Yeah there might be some tricks on how to get the "count" the highest in the shortest length of time, but come on this isn't a "wargame". It's fun but it isn't wargaming by any stretch.

You're totally right! There is no money involved in real life WAR.

General Sir
01-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Yes while its jump change for some..

Many people in factions can barely afford 1 vault.. true story

So while you may have a few spending big 20-30 people probably aren't.. there's only so many times you can physically attack or hit a button per hour...
I can tell you from personal experience that it is possible to spend 5200 gold on one battle. My darned finger was numb after, but you saw the result with SUPER ---------. That's the result of 38 people working as a team to ensure total victory. We have been reported and investigated ad nauseum. Every time GREE finds nothing amiss. We play the game within the Terms of Service. No one does it better than us. We have dominated this event and will continue to dominate this event because we play as a team. We all put aside our healthy egos and do whatever it takes for the team to win legitimately.

Good day and good luck to all of those playing by the rules.

General Sir
01-21-2013, 05:01 PM
You're totally right! There is no money involved in real life WAR.

I beg to differ. Real WAR is all about logistics, which boils down to money.

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 06:27 PM

Now we're really going to hijack this thread.

But you're both right when you think about it. For the grunt doing all the fighting money means nothing. But fact is it takes 9 guys behind the lines to keep one grunt in the field supplied and able to fight.

Generik79
01-21-2013, 06:39 PM

The most telling thing about this post was the analogies: spending on this game is like spending on hookers and coke. Wow. If that was a defense, it was extremely candid.

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks Wufnu really appreciate that, submitted a ticket

This thread Mil:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44395-Gold-bonus

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 07:23 PM
For those following along

I'm personally at W 2751 / L 81 and 589,772 points for Brazil so far

Ranger4Life
01-21-2013, 07:35 PM

Ummmm... Not sure how that is disagreeing with my statement?

Now we're really going to hijack this thread.

But you're both right when you think about it. For the grunt doing all the fighting money means nothing. But fact is it takes 9 guys behind the lines to keep one grunt in the field supplied and able to fight.

You're correct except the part about the grunt. At the beginning of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan every "grunt" on the battle field was begging for more money for better body armor.

Nateb1121
01-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Though I may be new here (First post ftw) I do agree with you. If you look at think about it something doesn't seem to add up right.

One thought, this game is all server based. Money, gold, points everything, so that leaves "hacking" (Horridly misconceptual word) out of it. I have enough faith in Gree to secure their servers. That means they either broke the system, or someones getting their credit cards charged big time.

-- Nate

bcodemz
01-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Though I may be new here (First post ftw) I do agree with you. If you look at think about it something doesn't seem to add up right.

One thought, this game is all server based. Money, gold, points everything, so that leaves "hacking" (Horridly misconceptual word) out of it. I have enough faith in Gree to secure their servers. That means they either broke the system, or someones getting their credit cards charged big time.

-- Nate

My faction is in top 10, and there are multiple members in our faction that are spending thousands for gold for this war. All the top factions have multiple members with DEEP pockets.

iamnasty
01-21-2013, 08:08 PM
My faction is in top 10, and there are multiple members in our faction that are spending thousands in gold for this war. All the top factions have multiple members with DEEP pockets.

Just thousands or ten over thousands !!!

cheers:D

bcodemz
01-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Just thousands or ten over thousands !!!

cheers:D

Maybe by the end of the war some people might have spent tens of thousands :eek:.

King little fruit fly
01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Yeah, the top 3 fations are spending like a truck load of golds on every battle. Gree is the only winner here. This event is leaderboard X 100 times money for Greedy. It used to be just Ferrgie vs PUNny, now their gangs get dragged into it. :D

If I am the CEO running this greedy corpse, I would promote/give fat bonus/get a few hookers for the dude came up with the idea of this event.

Corsair
01-21-2013, 10:32 PM
I couldn't agree more Corsair. I like playing MW and think it's fun, I just have a realistic attitude about what we're doing here. Reminds me of Yahtzee from when we were kids.

Flight sims on the other hand are a whole different ball of wax. The group I was in is the oldest online "German" Cyber-Squadron on the internet, JG1. www.jg1.org The only one older is the Wingwalkers www.wingwalkers.org and they just celebrated their 20th anniversary with a get together in San Diego CA. From your handle I would think this would be your cup of tea.I used to play a lot of early Micro Prose sims when I was a kid, which was the C64 era. In my early 20s I never had enough money to get a system that would handle the newer realistic software. That and I play games more just for the relaxation than wanting to do precision flying or what have you. Does sound like fun though. Ever run into someone who's built a crazy one? I've seen pics where people take old planes and convert them to multi monitor sims. Looks like that would be fun.

Mudphud
01-21-2013, 10:51 PM
For those following along

I'm personally at W 2751 / L 81 and 589,772 points for Brazil so far

If you have 589k points yourself then why are you surprised that the top factions have 20 million points? The top factions all have at least 50 players.

589k x 50 = 29 million WD points.

I think this tells you that you need to find a faction with like minded people so that your gold purchases will go further. Let me know if you ever decide that you ever want to join a faction of like minded people rather than lead a faction where you are putting out a ton of energy but not reaping the maximum potential rewards.

Milspec1
01-22-2013, 06:10 AM
I have not seen any factions with 50 players

Also my means are far above and beyond most peoples

The likelyhood that 50 people or even 25 could afford that or want to afford that are slim to none

Ranger4Life
01-22-2013, 06:28 AM

The likelyhood that 50 people or even 25 could afford that or want to afford that are slim to none

You have not made it to WHALE zone yet. And they aren't called whale's because of their size!

Milspec1
01-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Nope guess not lol!

You have not made it to WHALE zone yet. And they aren't called whale's because of their size!

iamnasty
01-22-2013, 08:00 AM

Slightly higher......faction with 58 players:D