PDA

View Full Version : Rewards for reporting Hackers

Brummied
01-21-2013, 05:32 AM
Our faction (34) all agree that Gree, should give a reward to players who report multiple hackers!
Can be tiered like everything else in the game - lets get them out before event begins in feb!

Sillybeans
01-21-2013, 05:54 AM
Let me just go buy an iphone so i can report myself for free lewtations.

On another note, reporting hackers do give you a reward... next time u attack someone and its a hacker that's your penalty for not reporting them. Why would you attack a hacker? you wouldn't but lets assume the community works together and reports hackers so someone doesn't fall into a trap.

NakedCherryPie
01-21-2013, 06:20 AM
Good idea, a little 100a/100d unit for every hacker you report. I'd have hundreds by now.

Poopenshire
01-21-2013, 06:38 AM
Good idea, a little 100a/100d unit for every hacker you report. I'd have hundreds by now.

Wait a minute...... you sound like a hacker? JK

I do like the name HackerHunter. Might change mine to that. for some reason no one can find my current name....

Kjctnorris
01-21-2013, 07:13 AM
This makes GREE no money until people just quit the game because of hackers.

Brummied
01-21-2013, 07:19 AM
Let me just go buy an iphone so i can report myself for free lewtations.

On another note, reporting hackers do give you a reward... next time u attack someone and its a hacker that's your penalty for not reporting them. Why would you attack a hacker? you wouldn't but lets assume the community works together and reports hackers so someone doesn't fall into a trap.

I don't attack them, our faction finds them in other factions and we report them, then go to town on the rest of the faction that don't have the cover. those found from rival list get reported too, just think that gree could offer an incentive to those not reporting them and reward those who are cleaning up the game for them!

Sillybeans
01-21-2013, 07:30 AM
Either way getting rewards all you have to do is make hacked accounts yourself and report yourself for free rewards.

No support, there shouldn't be rewards for it... IT SHOULD be because ''it's the right thing to do''.

Kinda like cherry there, I'm pretty new to MW but seen enough of his name and shame threads to know hes looking out for other players ;)

FAKATA
01-21-2013, 07:34 AM
and how exactly you determine that player is in fact a hacker ? please enlighten me !

SoccerStud
01-21-2013, 07:41 AM
You get rewards for reporting how they hack but not if they hack. I have gotten some gold from that.

boardgames rule
01-21-2013, 07:51 AM

This does make gree money. Think about it. If Ferr (as a example) doesnt want to lose to a hacker he will spend lots of money for gold and win. So in the end the hackers make more money for gree by inflating the leaderboards.

Brummied
01-21-2013, 08:05 AM
and how exactly you determine that player is in fact a hacker ? please enlighten me !
I am new to the concept of hackers, only really since i joined forum have i become aware of the widespread discussions about them, A guy in our faction asked me to post this on his/our behalf, as he has reported a few, something to do with the AC being above level 3 or 4 in a bases of low level players with low number of attacks and having uniform number of mega stat units with low mission completion - phew it's tricky - ask nakedcherrypie - reported loads - Well done

Kjctnorris
01-21-2013, 08:17 AM
This does make gree money. Think about it. If Ferr (as a example) doesnt want to lose to a hacker he will spend lots of money for gold and win. So in the end the hackers make more money for gree by inflating the leaderboards.thats my point. It makes GREE no money to waste energy seeking out hackers until gold spenders quit because of them. As long as people continue to pour money down the well, nothing will be done.

MWnewGuy
01-31-2013, 03:05 PM
So what is the proper way to report a hacker where you can include screen shots?

I have a guy attacking me with LOTS rare loot items that are not even unlocked at his current level! I was able to determine this by the Modern War Toolkit (that app is awesome)!

He also has TONS of very high level indestructable items.

fluffy402
01-31-2013, 03:13 PM

In that case, I'd better buy me an iPod Touch and start hacking.

King little fruit fly
01-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Wait a minute...... you sound like a hacker? JK

I do like the name HackerHunter. Might change mine to that. for some reason no one can find my current name....

You are Alex now, I know. :D

King little fruit fly
01-31-2013, 06:33 PM
Let me go start a few accounts, then hack them, then my main account reports them for nice rewards. Genius! brother jeffrey, why didn't I think of that first!!;)

Brummied
01-31-2013, 11:12 PM
Lol, like I've posted in another thread cheating/glitch we had a ac tower hacker join our faction, as soon as discovered, reported with supporting screenshots available, within a day a new player with a different hack, guess skill point, wants in our faction, it's was only while we discussed that one sharp eyed officer pointed out he had gone up 6 levels in 10 minutes.. And it was in fact the same player one of our members had reported 3 hours earlier, Was it the same hacker targeting us or just random...I know what I think...

Brummied
02-01-2013, 12:43 AM
contact support through in game help, send ticket with as much info as possible, player name - country - lvl stats, the reason you think its a hacked account (as you mentioned below impossible loot in your case) say you have supporting screen shots. If gree need screen shot they will be in touch, so far i have not been asked for any, we know they dealt with bigex, as did PUN, thanks btw, have not seen rouge around much either. I was a bit disappointed that i sent ticket and PM to CJ54, stating urgent help - because we thought if we kept him in our faction it would be easier for gree to locate him in the game, fortunately our boss man new better and kicked him out as soon as i sent him screenshot of ac, it took gree 4 days to respond to my urgent ticket, although i gather he'd been banned in a day!
have sent back a rather poor customer service report stating that perhaps a live tech chat support system should be in place for things like this!!! hope that helps report your guy

So what is the proper way to report a hacker where you can include screen shots?

I have a guy attacking me with LOTS rare loot items that are not even unlocked at his current level! I was able to determine this by the Modern War Toolkit (that app is awesome)!

He also has TONS of very high level indestructable items.

MWnewGuy
02-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks Brummied. I will open a ticket with support and offer screen shots.

Kw1564
02-01-2013, 05:01 PM

I have a Screen shot of you talking to another hacker a picture says a 1000. Words hacker! Nakedcherrypie is in a group of hackers and I have pictures to prove it it's been reported with the pic to GREE so how about that.

Matt Thornton
02-01-2013, 05:08 PM
I have a Screen shot of you talking to another hacker a picture says a 1000. Words hacker! Nakedcherrypie is in a group of hackers and I have pictures to prove it it's been reported with the pic to GREE so how about that.but but but... what if there is more than one NakedCherryPie. i'm confused .

NakedCherryPie
02-01-2013, 05:15 PM
I have a Screen shot of you talking to another hacker a picture says a 1000. Words hacker! Nakedcherrypie is in a group of hackers and I have pictures to prove it it's been reported with the pic to GREE so how about that.I'm so touched, your first post is for me. Do you require help uploading the picture? If only my in-game name is/was NakedCherryPie. Too bad also that apparently hundreds of players were running around with that exact name. How about you tell me your name, level, and ally count. I'll "throw" a little party at your base, but you're not invited...

BigBassTurd
02-01-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm so touched, your first post is for me. Do you require help uploading the picture? If only my in-game name is/was NakedCherryPie. Too bad also that apparently hundreds of players were running around with that exact name. How about you tell me your name, level, and ally count. I'll "throw" a little party at your base, but you're not invited... LOL "ewww someones getting a beat down" , better get your facts straight before you call someone out.:)

fuzzlenutz
02-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Maybe Angry Birds would be a better choice for you!
Get back to me when you can count past 10 without unzipping

I have a Screen shot of you talking to another hacker a picture says a 1000. Words hacker! Nakedcherrypie is in a group of hackers and I have pictures to prove it it's been reported with the pic to GREE so how about that.

HGF69
02-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Either way getting rewards all you have to do is make hacked accounts yourself and report yourself for free rewards.

No support, there shouldn't be rewards for it... IT SHOULD be because ''it's the right thing to do''.

Kinda like cherry there, I'm pretty new to MW but seen enough of his name and shame threads to know hes looking out for other players ;)

Yeah yeah we hear you but let's face it, that's not how it works and I can tell you why in one word - laziness.

What the poster us suggesting is an incentive. It's a good idea but if course it could fall if Gree don't bother to follow it up. It would have to work both ways.

Q Raider
02-03-2013, 03:23 AM

I will give you AN example.

Discovered a person with 20 Orbital Hammers, these are rare boss loot requiring slightly over 20,000 energy to get a single attempt at that loot which has a 10% drop rate.

A check of their inventory revealed they had completed this boss almost 200 times since the map was released in September last year.

You get 4320 energy per day.
There have been approximately 150 days since these maps were included in the game. it is only available for level 115 and up.
At 21,000 energy per attempt it takes approximately five days to complete the mission assuming you only attack this boss and use every unit of energy gained every day.

That comes to around 30 legitimate attempts possible.

Assuming they levelled up 85 times and had say 2600 energy renewed each time I can give them another 10 legitimate attempts, that makes a total of 40.

That leaves roughly 160 unexplained completions. Gold refills of 1,000 energy per 20 gold means it would cost 420 per attempt or a total of 67,000 gold spent trying to obtain an expendable item by a player who does not have a single Gold purchase of any type in their inventory or on their base.

BTW they completed the mission at least six times yesterday......If playing legitimately this means they spent around 2500 gold chasing SIX destructible units when they could have purchased 14 crates for the same amount and gained 42 indestructible units.

You could argue they are legitimate and just incredibly dumb spending enough gold to obtain close to 1200 indestructible units chasing 200 destructible ones........but I will go for hacker.