PDA

View Full Version : POLL: How would you improve WD?

Madcowdave
01-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Post the top 3-5 improvements you'd like to see to World Domination, beyond fixing the bugs/errors. I'll summarize and tally results here in the 1st post.

I want this to be a useful thread that shows how our community would like to see the event improved.

To that purpose here's the rules:

- Be specific. e.g. Not "make it better for free players", but "10 free hits instead of 4"
- Stay on topic
- Keep it to 5 or less
- Don't post bugs and errors. There are lots but they're thoroughly discussed in other threads and service tickets. This is about improvements beyond the bug fixes. I.E. don't list "fix leader board", "no auto-wars", "accurate score" etc.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas

Madcowdave
01-21-2013, 12:55 AM
Here's mine:

Only leaders & officers declare war
More free hits, ~10
Awards for winning battles (not just WD points)
In-game list of member donations
Shorter event, 2 days

Defender11
01-21-2013, 01:33 AM
I would have faction tiers - like boss tiers - so different levels could compete for different prizes. Each faction could decide which tier to opt in to.

Fights - not points would be the winner. This way people would compete harder in each battle.

Have battles last 15 mins, with a 45 min minimum wait between battles. War held over 48 hours.

Of course those who spend the most will still win the most, but it would allow people to compete better.

Have a league system where teams get promoted/demoted after each war.

Have a handicap system based on ranking - like horse racing.

Want more?

commander Don
01-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Here's mine:

More free hits, ~10
Shorter event, 2 days

thats bang on the money, especially member donations.

Timbathia
01-21-2013, 01:37 AM
In-war smack talking board that is available for only the duration of the war. Need to be able to taunt the people you are putting a beat down on.

Madcowdave
01-21-2013, 01:58 AM
In-war smack talking board that is available for only the duration of the war. Need to be able to taunt the people you are putting a beat down on.

That would get REALLY nasty, but fun

Anjunbeats
01-21-2013, 02:06 AM
Here's mine:

More free hits, ~10
Shorter event, 2 days

Agreed!

Battles should last only 30 minutes!

Anjunbeats
01-21-2013, 02:08 AM
I would have faction tiers - like boss tiers - so different levels could compete for different prizes. Each faction could decide which tier to opt in to.

Fights - not points would be the winner. This way people would compete harder in each battle.

Have battles last 15 mins, with a 45 min minimum wait between battles. War held over 48 hours.

Of course those who spend the most will still win the most, but it would allow people to compete better.

Have a league system where teams get promoted/demoted after each war.

Have a handicap system based on ranking - like horse racing.

Want more?

What's the point in all this league, tiers or handicap thing. I think it's kinda useless and complicates things. The current matching system as it's supposed to work (lol) is fair enough.

boco78
01-21-2013, 02:22 AM
Here's mine:

More free hits, ~10
Shorter event, 2 days

I agree with all these improvements...

I would put in an example...We are a small/medium faction and we won several battles and lost very few, but I think that we won´t get in the first 1000 factions to win some awards, so there is no way our faction will strenghten after this event. If there were awards for winning battles there will be much fun and also the small factions will have some of the prizes. The battle system as it is now rewards only the strongest factions and after the battle for Brazil these factions will be unbeatable with all the awards and prizes they will get and sorry, this is not fair towards the other players/factions who put a lot of time an real money to build and boost their stats.

Whip88
01-21-2013, 02:31 AM
I would like to see stamina points factored in somehow, maybe use them to attack because if you play free at the moment you have aprox 6 attacks and then your relying on you team which is asleep on the other side of the world to help out. If you had stamina it could would make the battle of an hour really interesting and more thrilling.

Gree could still get gold by purchasing special gold shields or whopping gold attacks.

I would also like to be able to do more damage to the forts and actually make them an even battle option.

aod
01-21-2013, 04:13 AM
Thank you for this Question ..

1. More info about Faction memebers (Donations, Level, att, def, iph) in a table-view.
2. More free Attacks in "Battle for COUNTRYNAME" at least 10 with regeneration in at least 1h( or use Stamina :cool:)
3. Longer History in Faction Forum .. in Main Times it keeps entries from ~ an hour ..
4. Vault with more capacity.
5. A Page that shows Details how the own Att/Def Stats are calculated.

looking forward for the new features

Durt McGurt
01-21-2013, 06:53 AM
Thank you for this Question ..

1. More info about Faction memebers (Donations, Level, att, def, iph) in a table-view.
2. More free Attacks in "Battle for COUNTRYNAME" at least 10 with regeneration in at least 1h( or use Stamina :cool:)
3. Longer History in Faction Forum .. in Main Times it keeps entries from ~ an hour ..
4. Vault with more capacity.
5. A Page that shows Details how the own Att/Def Stats are calculated.

looking forward for the new features

Yes to above in addition to the ability to use in game cash to replenish attacks.

Poopenshire
01-21-2013, 06:58 AM
I have avoided some of these posts but I have one idea that most people might like and agree with and I have seen posted already.

Since this is PVP, hits should be based on your Stamina. If you want more hits pay gold for more stamina. More hits per hour would make this more fun and more challanging, as well allow people to go to the others bases to take out boosts. Many high level teams know this and do it often. The idea of only 4 hits per 25 gold is completely silly and honestly a bit money grubbing. Make it fun and simple. Simple is always better. People are more likey to spend 10 gold for say 40 hits than 25 gold for 4. Your goal is to increase overall sales not just from the top portion. At some point without viable options and well fun the top spenders will get tired more quickly.

Mongo
01-21-2013, 09:05 AM
Lots of good points here, I agree w/nearly all. My add'l 2 cents:

(1) the WD points should be correlated to rank - create a reason for big folks to fight each other rather than womping on 5 ally patsies

(2) related point, let us see the actual stats, not just allies. I am whomping on patsies, don't dare take on a 100 ally foe who is campmaster w/30K defense

(3) I think the hour long matches are good. We often need the buffer for folks to show up. Maybe there are factions that can focus on this 5 days straight but most of us are struggling to fit this in our lives.

(4) 3 days would be a good length, maybe even 2. Or have mini events that last an evening in a compressed timeframe

(5) inadvertent wars are maddening. Restricting ability to declare certainly makes sense, or maybe have a 2 declarant rule, or launch codes like firing a nuke. I was really skeptical of the early reports, but after 3 back to backers last night think overkill to fix this is justified.

We are having a great time, will definitely come back and esp if some of these changes occur.

Mongo
01-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Oh sorry, I forgot one. Gree you may not like this, but what about-

a gold free pool or tiers of gold reserves. LOCK IN gold at a certain level before the event, that way you don't get sucked into spending your welfare check trying to keep up with warren buffett in his 3 minute blitz.

XxGNUTxX
01-21-2013, 09:14 AM
Here's mine:

More free hits, ~10
Shorter event, 2 days

Thats a good start

Ssne
01-21-2013, 09:17 AM
I have avoided some of these posts but I have one idea that most people might like and agree with and I have seen posted already.

Since this is PVP, hits should be based on your Stamina. If you want more hits pay gold for more stamina. More hits per hour would make this more fun and more challanging, as well allow people to go to the others bases to take out boosts. Many high level teams know this and do it often. The idea of only 4 hits per 25 gold is completely silly and honestly a bit money grubbing. Make it fun and simple. Simple is always better. People are more likey to spend 10 gold for say 40 hits than 25 gold for 4. Your goal is to increase overall sales not just from the top portion. At some point without viable options and well fun the top spenders will get tired more quickly.

This is 100% spot on, even if you are the "enemy" ;). It would also bring some value to USA flag where today there is none.

GQNammmer
01-21-2013, 09:50 AM
While i agree to have more hits per refill, having it dependent on stamina is a nono. For gold spenders, that could mean over 10k clicks a day, much more if you're a heavy gold spender. Although more players may spend 10g for stam refills, i can guarantee you the top 25 factions currently are spending more gold than the rest of the 5000 factions combined. This would not change if gold were to be cheaper. In fact, it would completely over inflate wd points if gree decided to switch to stamina points. In the long run, this will reduce gree's revenue.

My suggestion to improve WD is to introduce tiered bonuses for winning a battle. I currently don't notice any difference between winning/losing a battle. With the tiered bonuses, you can award x points for winning by x amount.
Example:
Win battle by between 1-5000 points. Bonus 2000 points to the winning team
5001-10000 points. Bonus 7500 points
These numbers are just arbitrary numbers, Gree can decide what fits best. Also have a cap to these tiers

ohwhatafinish
01-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Scrap it. Thats the only improvement

goldenarchie
01-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Increase fortification damage.
Increase HQ attack points
Increase points awarded for officer, leader attacks.
Be able to drop players during event.
Instead of 4 attacks per person...It should be 4 x faction members; points pooled and used by the faction.
Less Gold to replenish the attack bar.
Add the faction forum icon to the war room or add active chat to the war room.
Tally of Member Donations
Bonus for Win, Deduction for war loss.
Attack bar refills after each battle.

Domino_brown
01-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Yes to above in addition to the ability to use in game cash to replenish attacks.

I agree. My idea is a 'mortar strike', and basically for a set amount of in game cash( tied to level like the box event) you can launch a mortar at the command center . This would not affect your health , but the points from attacking a CC are so low I don't see it making a huge difference , except making it fun for free players .

Also definitely need a battle chat to talk to the enemy team during fights:)!

And yes to 48hrs /

Corsair
01-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Here's mine:

More free hits, ~10
Shorter event, 2 days

These two combined are the answer. Good summary poop. The forts take too many hits to get down without significant gold spending. More hits per bar is a must, and yeah I'd be fine with a 10 gold regeneration as opposed to 25. Otherwise this whole thing is just a glorified auction event, because free/light gold players participation is minimal right now compared to what gold players can do.

doomnosee
01-21-2013, 12:01 PM
1. Double points if you win the fight
2. Points won depend on player strength like battle points (at the moment strategy is all about identifying the weak link)

Nullin
01-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Here's mine:

More free hits, ~10
Easier communication during battles instead of flipping back and forth from faction forum and battle

Madcowdave
01-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. I'll summarize the feedback in a couple days. I hope the Gree developers get a copy of this.

King little fruit fly
01-21-2013, 11:30 PM
First of all, make it a 2 days event on the weekend!

Grand Overlord
01-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Here's my thoughts:

1) We need a tally of how much people have contributed (cash and concrete) both during, and outside war periods.

2) There should be some incentive to add lower level members to the faction and also make member selection more strategic.

Two possibilities are:

i) Divide the competition into brackets based on the average player level of the faction. For example:
Group 1 - Player average below 50
Group 2 - Average 50-150
Group 3 - 150+

You would then only battle within that group for prizes specifically for that group.

ii) Provide a boost for low level players, eg make attacks on fortifications inversely proportional to the player's level. ie a level 1 player can do much more damage to a fortification than a level 100 player.

3) Make it 3 days in duration so it covers the weekend in every timezone.

Additional note: Keep recruitment and sacking locked during war periods. Everyone has learnt from this, and will adapt in future. Allowing people to be removed during war periods will just result in chaos and frustration.

Grand Overlord
01-23-2013, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE=somedude;563256]My suggestions:

somedude, I agree with most, if not all pf your suggestions, but this one particularly caught my eye.

5) In game currency (not gold) should also be able to be used to buy health packs or assist in getting WD points. For example, 10 mil can buy 1 attack hit. Free players can get more points like this but at the same time be proned to get attacked much more since many would go massively overvaulted. Stronger players that attack them would get smaller WD points but a nice return on cash that could be turned around for more attacks.

Bonuses that forced players over vault during the event would add a whole new dimension to it.

Sillybeans
01-23-2013, 06:11 AM
Personally gold should stay out of WD as people say cash should be used to purchase attacks. Gold can still be related to WD such as units, run a boss event at the same time so people have something to do in between WD attacks. This would create a crazy 2day or so double event while giving people that don't want to participate in WD something to do.

Tokin Tim
03-13-2013, 01:52 PM
1 be able to donate to individual members in the faction
2 the defence leader should get more points off power attacks as 2 level 20 10k stat people can take out a level 150 200k stat DL with 2 power attacks and that kind of kills the point of having a really strong DL all for 50 odd WD points
3 more faction boosts for things like quicker energy regen to get more valour between battles
4 total points also takes into account what points they gave away when they lost! So the people who won 50 and lost 1000 don't look like they won 10,000 points when they more like gave away 100,000 WD points for being too easy! Big problem trying to explain to the faction they're killing it but they just see the 5,000-10,000 WD points and think it's better than nothing but they don't see all the points needlessly given away by the slackers!
5 a counter to keep track of members total donations since they joined, and show their income per hour so we know what they could be doing, thanks