PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch 3rd Generation

CDR Shepard
01-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Hey guys! So I have the game on my iPod Touch 3rd Generation that only goes up to ios 4.2.1, but you need ios 4.3 for version 3.5 of this game. As I understand it, 4.2.1 is the highest ios I can upgrade to on my 3rd generation. My old 3.0 version of Modern War tried to update to 3.5 and now I don't have this game on it at all. Any way to download an earlier version (say 3.0) to reload this game? :confused::confused: I really don't want to have to spend money on a 4th generation if I don't have to! Thanks again for any help/ideas.

CDR Shepard
01-21-2013, 08:21 AM
Please anyone?

Mitchell
01-21-2013, 09:34 AM
CDR,I'm on an older android,had to reload game,Google said my device wasn't compatible,found older update at amazon,so back in for now,hope this helps,but hurry before it is updated too, I updated 1/18/2013,good luck

Mitchell
01-21-2013, 09:42 AM
It would have been nice if Gree would have given us warning,so we could have set up transfer of our game to another device or give option of staying on older pllatform,I feel your pain,since I know how it feels, was off for 12 hours with months of camping to build my stats thought it was gone, :)

CDR Shepard
01-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks Mitchell for the support/help. I will try Amazon :)

CDR Shepard
01-21-2013, 04:58 PM
It would have been nice if Gree would have given us warning,so we could have set up transfer of our game to another device or give option of staying on older pllatform,I feel your pain,since I know how it feels, was off for 12 hours with months of camping to build my stats thought it was gone, :)

Yeah I completely agree!

chbranch
01-21-2013, 05:25 PM
You gotta upgrade your device. I ran into the same problem with my ipod touch 3rd gen. I went to a couple of Gamestops and pawn stores and found an iphone 3gs for 50 bucks which upgrades to ios 6. I would look for that device on Amazon. Its a cheap alternative.

CDR Shepard
01-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Ok, so the amazon download is only for android :mad: Anyone else have any suggestions/ideas/answers? :confused:

CDR Shepard
01-21-2013, 05:29 PM
You gotta upgrade your device. I ran into the same problem with my ipod touch 3rd gen. I went to a couple of Gamestops and pawn stores and found an iphone 3gs for 50 bucks which upgrades to ios 6. I would look for that device on Amazon. Its a cheap alternative.

Thanks, not a bad idea! Can I still play the game if I dont activate the phone?

chbranch
01-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Thanks, not a bad idea! Can I still play the game if I dont activate the phone?

Yep. Works on wi-fi like an ipod touch.

chbranch
01-21-2013, 05:33 PM
You could even ask around your friends to see if anyone would give you there old device too. The ones that have iphone 5s. iphone 3GS is the lowest device that will update to the current IOS though.

CDR Shepard
01-21-2013, 05:39 PM
You could even ask around your friends to see if anyone would give you there old device too. The ones that have iphone 5s. iphone 3GS is the lowest device that will update to the current IOS though.

Much appreciated! I think this is the way to go! Thanks again man! ;)

cooch
01-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Dude,

All the IOs specific solutions are your only hope. Apple's IOs upgrades are another way to force folks to upgrade their equipment (keep sales up to keep that stock high). Additional ideas are Ebay or Amazon's marketplace or a local store that offers trade ins for purchases of new ipods/pads/phones where you offering something for the old stuff is better than chucking them out.