PDA

View Full Version : Unintended Consequences

Archer59
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
CJ: the faction battles have resulted in lower level players being exposed to attacks and raids by players many levels above them through the Situation Report. I was recently hit by a 184 level player...I'm at level 60.

This really needs to be addressed ASAP! I'm sure I'm not the only player experiencing this. Thank you in advance for looking into this.

Davian Hax
01-20-2013, 08:17 PM
CJ: the faction battles have resulted in lower level players being exposed to attacks and raids by players many levels above them through the Situation Report. I was recently hit by a 184 level player...I'm at level 60.

This really needs to be addressed ASAP! I'm sure I'm not the only player experiencing this. Thank you in advance for looking into this.

I'm in the same boat, a lvl 180 guy from the last faction battle hit me. I'm at lvl 125 but luckily I fended it off. This happened quite often in the last 24hrs. He was my 4th today.

Zonfry
01-21-2013, 03:37 AM
I honestly dont see this as being much of an issue, they can hit you when you are at war, its only for an hour, no big problem, thats part of being in a faction war, where you are grouped with factions of similar total power. Once that 1 hr war is over, they can no longer hit you from that direction. If you have hit them, then you are on their history list, but only until another 35 people have hit them, so it wont be a case of after the event there are 500 people that you have hit all hitting you back, unless you were super unlucky and noone else hit them after. Theoretically, you could be on an average of 36 peoples list, but only until they get more hits which bumps yours off.

Maybe if that is an issue then they could just wipe the combat history after the event finishes, but I honestly feel that its not that big a deal, if you really want a clean combat list, just help take out the defence leader and then hit their wall/fort.

andy_xyz2004
01-21-2013, 04:54 AM
I honestly dont see this as being much of an issue, they can hit you when you are at war, its only for an hour, no big problem, thats part of being in a faction war, where you are grouped with factions of similar total power. Once that 1 hr war is over, they can no longer hit you from that direction. If you have hit them, then you are on their history list, but only until another 35 people have hit them, so it wont be a case of after the event there are 500 people that you have hit all hitting you back, unless you were super unlucky and noone else hit them after. Theoretically, you could be on an average of 36 peoples list, but only until they get more hits which bumps yours off.

Maybe if that is an issue then they could just wipe the combat history after the event finishes, but I honestly feel that its not that big a deal, if you really want a clean combat list, just help take out the defence leader and then hit their wall/fort.

Totally wrong,
Everytime you or rival attack in battle it will show on your newsfeed,
my level 24 try to take down defense leader (i know he was level 200 after he attack me back),
After battle ended, 8 hours later he attack me again...

ModernCamper
01-21-2013, 05:25 AM
Archer your stats kinda suck tho.

Stonewall
01-21-2013, 06:07 AM
U will only pop up in their situation report if u attack...if they attack u during the war, DO NOT retaliate and they will not be on their feed. The problem is, folks who r not nearly strong enough to take defense leaders, attack them and then u r dead meat

For my team, I take out the defense leader, then other members hit weaker players (based on allies/level) or fortifications.

Chuck Nuts
01-21-2013, 09:41 AM
@ Archer59,

If you want to reap the rewards of being in a strong faction then you have to go into battle with your faction.

If you are the weakest player in a strong faction then you will take a beating, but you should end up on the leaderboard and the rewards should justify the casualties. If you only want to battle against opponents with the same level and allies as you, then don't get into a faction and just play the game with your normal rivals list. There are also plenty of camper factions that just buy bonuses but never declare war.

These threads about "unfairness" are distractions from the real issues with the game.

Get strong or get out.

Clownius
01-21-2013, 09:46 AM
I have been hammering the crap out of a guy 60+ levels lower than me. If it wasnt for the fact he coughs up 300k per hit i would feel bad about it.

What amazed me is after i took out their DL and hit half the alliance including this guy he tried to hit back and promptly appeared on my News feed. Bad move. Worse move was trying to hit me again a few hours later.

I agree though it need to be looked into its gotta be really nasty for this guy hes coughed up close to 20m so far. But thats 20m i can really use. He will disappear off my News Feed eventually though. It will be much faster than usually as each war passes and im DL i do get hit a bit. Just wondering if hes going to hit back again and bump himself to the top :)

Archer59
01-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Archer your stats kinda suck tho.Now that's funny...would like to have camped more but this event got in the way. Leveled up 20 spots since beginning. Even so, VERY few mess with me at my level. Are there stronger players where I'm at? Just a few. So despite your pithy attempt to rial me, I'm pretty comfortable where I'm at, thank you very much. Try baiting someone else, lol.

CJ54
01-21-2013, 01:51 PM
We're going to address this one as soon as possible, but can't really do so during the event itself.

Fuzzyky
01-21-2013, 02:12 PM
I have been hammering the crap out of a guy 60+ levels lower than me. If it wasnt for the fact he coughs up 300k per hit i would feel bad about it.

What amazed me is after i took out their DL and hit half the alliance including this guy he tried to hit back and promptly appeared on my News feed. Bad move. Worse move was trying to hit me again a few hours later.

I agree though it need to be looked into its gotta be really nasty for this guy hes coughed up close to 20m so far. But thats 20m i can really use. He will disappear off my News Feed eventually though. It will be much faster than usually as each war passes and im DL i do get hit a bit. Just wondering if hes going to hit back again and bump himself to the top :)

Totally agree. Doing the same thing myself. I hit their leaders ( w/ HUGE 4 attacks) then let the lower level guys work over their lower level guys. Seems kinda fair to me... But I note CJ says this is gonna stop. Oh well... Fun while it lasted...

Clownius
01-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Sadly he decided to try for some revenge again....

Silly move. Hes now at the top of my list. Cant teach some people i even left a note on his wall explaining hitting me was why i could hit him. So he hit me again.

Next notes going to be begging him to spend some cash on something before i collect it all

Archer59
01-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Sadly he decided to try for some revenge again....

Silly move. Hes now at the top of my list. Cant teach some people i even left a note on his wall explaining hitting me was why i could hit him. So he hit me again.

Next notes going to be begging him to spend some cash on something before i collect it allNot very bright of him!

Fuzzyky
01-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Hey... Off topic. I'm too new to start a thread. I was gonna recruit for the spots we're gonna have open after Brazil when we cut the deadwood. Anybody know how long or what it takes to get thread start privileges????

Archer59
01-21-2013, 03:06 PM
@ Archer59,

If you want to reap the rewards of being in a strong faction then you have to go into battle with your faction.

If you are the weakest player in a strong faction then you will take a beating, but you should end up on the leaderboard and the rewards should justify the casualties. If you only want to battle against opponents with the same level and allies as you, then don't get into a faction and just play the game with your normal rivals list. There are also plenty of camper factions that just buy bonuses but never declare war.

These threads about "unfairness" are distractions from the real issues with the game.

Get strong or get out.Chuck....mind if I call you Chuck? You really have no clue what you are talking about in regards to my game. You are making an assumption...you know what they say about assuming....

Agent Orange
01-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Yes as long as you don't retaliate you won't get tapped later.

IMHO the bigger problem is that you can just attack rival faction players even though the fortress is still intact. If you are going to spend the time and money to buy these things which get used up in each battle whether they get destroyed or not they should prevent the opposing faction from getting through to your faction until they are destroyed.

At least that might give the weakest factions a slightly better chance.

Archer59
01-21-2013, 03:37 PM
The forts...especially at the lower levels are a joke. We waste no time/health in hitting them. I even stopped upgrading them a long time ago when I learned they would be lost, one by one, regardless of damage. Stronger factions, top 25ish actually bring them down. Must be nice to have that kind of punch. :)

Archer59
01-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Hey... Off topic. I'm too new to start a thread. I was gonna recruit for the spots we're gonna have open after Brazil when we cut the deadwood. Anybody know how long or what it takes to get thread start privileges????It shouldn't take long at all if I remember correctly. Of course, THAT'S always questionable!

Fuzzyky
01-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Thx Man !!! I think I recently read somewhere that 10 posts gets upgrades to your ability..... :)

Opinvu
01-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Lol I flagged this earlier. I have been hitting a lvl 41 with a lvl 13. I can't take him out directly but his buildings are power leveling my battle points. Made 10g in one day. He tries to attack me and looses every other time. Because I profit I loose troops like mad when he attacks but whatever that should happen.

They will fix it.

Lift Ticket
01-21-2013, 05:39 PM
When you join top factions as low level player, what did you think was gonna happen in Brazil? I have taken my fair share of attack as a lvl 55-56 player by level 185-200 players, I even got some wins. I will agree that at your level and ally count, you are kinda weak. This B4B is definitely a wake up call as what to expect for most low level players. As the saying goes though, no pain no gain!

Before Brazil I had only 67 losses, now I have over 1300 losses...but my team gots my back!

Archer59
01-21-2013, 09:31 PM
When you join top factions as low level player, what did you think was gonna happen in Brazil? I have taken my fair share of attack as a lvl 55-56 player by level 185-200 players, I even got some wins. I will agree that at your level and ally count, you are kinda weak. This B4B is definitely a wake up call as what to expect for most low level players. As the saying goes though, no pain no gain!

Before Brazil I had only 67 losses, now I have over 1300 losses...but my team gots my back!Who's in a top faction, lol. I swear...never mind. Suffice it to say that I have zero problems with B4B and taking loses by upper lvl players. In fact, I take the attack to the D Leader knowing that they are most likely stronger....last battle hit one with128k d and hit him 3 more times to help get the shield down. As everyone on the forum likes to say, "that's part of the game". Reading and interpretation really needs to be emphasized more in schools.

Zonfry
01-22-2013, 04:38 AM
Totally wrong,
Everytime you or rival attack in battle it will show on your newsfeed,
my level 24 try to take down defense leader (i know he was level 200 after he attack me back),
After battle ended, 8 hours later he attack me again...

You knew he was a lvl 200 after he attacked you back? but when you attack them initially you can see your level, so i'm not sure on that part of your argument, however I am very suprised that you stayed in the last 20 or 30 hits of a lvl 200 defence leader for 8 hours, however, thats not that big a problem. I guarentee 24 hours after you hit him you are no longer on his list, I havn't seen anyone stay on my list for more than 12 hours, and i'm not a defence leader, and i've hit defence leaders with 10x my attack score. Being on someones list during this event is pretty short lived.

Having a mechanism where the list is wiped after the event finishes is a reasonable request though, as after the event you could stay on a high levels hit list for a while, but during the event I honestly can't see a problem with it.

Lo2b
01-22-2013, 04:45 PM
It is very ok to appear on someone else's news feed when attacking in a faction battle. It helps the one attacked to get the stats of the attacker.
Out of that, I understand the concern of the weaker player. Therefore, the good comprise would be to wipe out the news feed list, let's say something like 10 mn after each battle.
We truly enjoy the ability to get the intelligence about the attackers stats through this news feed issue.

Archer59
01-22-2013, 04:52 PM
It is very ok to appear on someone else's news feed when attacking in a faction battle. It helps the one attacked to get the stats of the attacker.
Out of that, I understand the concern of the weaker player. Therefore, the good comprise would be to wipe out the news feed list, let's say something like 10 mn after each battle.
We truly enjoy the ability to get the intelligence about the attackers stats through this news feed issue.Agree, the intel is useful. I believe CJ is looking at exactly what you mentioned...wipe the board clean after the battle.

PITA4PRES
01-22-2013, 04:56 PM
I agree it's an issue that needs to be addressed. I understand if they want to retaliate, but some a$$hole keeps coming back at me, and he is like 80 levels above me. I know there's no way in hell that I can beat him, so I don't even try. If I'm stupid enough to try to attack him, then that's on me, but I'm not going
after him. I mean I know it's only a game, but have some sense of fair play. When your
attack and defense are close to 50,000 and you're going after someone repeatedly who is way below your
level that is just being an a$$hole.

Archer59
01-22-2013, 05:57 PM
I agree it's an issue that needs to be addressed. I understand if they want to retaliate, but some a$$hole keeps coming back at me, and he is like 80 levels above me. I know there's no way in hell that I can beat him, so I don't even try. If I'm stupid enough to try to attack him, then that's on me, but I'm not going
after him. I mean I know it's only a game, but have some sense of fair play. When your
attack and defense are close to 50,000 and you're going after someone repeatedly who is way below your
level that is just being an a$$hole.:). Yep, but be careful, if you post that you'll be accused of being too weak, blah, blah,blah by those individuals who like to abuse opportunities like this. ;)

VileDoom
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Yes as long as you don't retaliate you won't get tapped later.

IMHO the bigger problem is that you can just attack rival faction players even though the fortress is still intact. If you are going to spend the time and money to buy these things which get used up in each battle whether they get destroyed or not they should prevent the opposing faction from getting through to your faction until they are destroyed.

At least that might give the weakest factions a slightly better chance.

DOH! I went into this WD event without doing much research ahead of time and just kinda learned as I went. Had I known this I would have never built my initial fortifications to level 7... I just assumed anything that was not destroyed would carry over to the next battles. :(

Clownius
01-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Yeah i had a level 9. It didnt even get touched first battle.......