PDA

View Full Version : Does the defence Leader really work?

Col Matt
01-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Does the defence leader really work? Whether you win or lose they still lose points? Can't see the point?

Poopenshire
01-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Depending the strength of the DL and the strength of the other team it can delay the start of the large point gathering.

baddog_to
01-20-2013, 01:23 PM
I've been trying to get clarification on this too. I'm the defence leader from my faction, and either the system is not reporting attacks on me or something is wrong. I've only once had a faction take a successful shots at me and never seen more than 8 hits on me in total during a war. Our shield goes down, we don't know when, I'm not convinced it works according to the FAQ.

Maestro
01-20-2013, 01:40 PM
1 power attack takes 50 shield points. So 2 attacks can take down a D leader it looks like.

Ironman3503
01-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Our faction was in a war and the defense leader of the faction evidently was kicked out so we couldn't fight them.
Crazy glitch or hack!

nothing2seehere
01-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Ditto with me. According to what I've read, as defense leader I should see a shield level, much like what you see in your skills section, but I see squat for any shield info. The only indication I'm getting attacked is that it logs them in the News section, like any other attack by a rival. I'll go a bit farther and say that nothing appears to work according to the FAQ. But there's enough threads on other issues elsewhere on the forum, so 'nuff said.

Bubs
01-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Depending the strength of the DL and the strength of the other team it can delay the start of the large point gathering.

Considering the limited number of attacks you can make (without spending gold), a short delay really has minimal effect on the outcome of the battle.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-20-2013, 01:52 PM
The WD Event has its issues.

Who didn't know that would happen?

That said, if you don't like it, don't play it.

If it doesn't fulfill your expectations, don't waste money buying gold to lay it.

You can still play for free, collect points even though you lose.

Bubs
01-20-2013, 04:15 PM
The WD Event has its issues.

Who didn't know that would happen?

That said, if you don't like it, don't play it.

If it doesn't fulfill your expectations, don't waste money buying gold to lay it.

You can still play for free, collect points even though you lose.

He's only asking about the defense leader and its purpose, he's not complaining about the game...for those of us who don't have seemingly unlimited gold to overpower our rivals, even little details can be important.

baddog_to
01-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Well we just fought a war it it seemed to actually work the way I interpret it from the FAQ. As defence leader I registered 10 failed attacks against me and my team became open to attack. Friday and sat I would register only a few failed attacks before the shield dropped. One thing that is working as advertised, the unit losses as defence leader have not been bad at all. Made it actually a bit of fun.