PDA

View Full Version : Unforeseen consequences?! WD related

Opinvu
01-20-2013, 10:33 AM
This seems yet to be seen by all yet. For factions with mixed lvl players paired with similar strength factions has worked well. My lvl 14 account fought and won against a lvl 41. He had low number of allies and troops. Great for the event fun. But now that the battle is over his news report allows him to seek revenge and battle with the low level player and vise versa. Sure his A/d is similar to mine but his avatar hidden stats have 27 levels more than me. Even with his Allie count all he has to do is spend a days earnings on troops and he is untouchable by the lvl 14. Normal pvp these two would never meet. But the WD reporting created a back door. This applies to the low bee that tried to attack anyone and lost finding out the player was 100 levels higher than themself.

Cool tactic for those of you that dumped allies on purpose for this. (Hiding your strength that is)

BeardedBubba
01-20-2013, 11:06 AM
I find it slightly entertaining. It's rather fun to knock around someone that is 60 levels higher than me. I can understand though where this could be problematic though. But how many times is a higher level player really gonna attack someone that much lower? You get less points and more often than not you'll get less money picking on a lower level player, not worth it IMHO. I suppose their are bullies out there that would get a kick out of it for a short while.

Deskjockey
01-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Don't worry, as the event goes on, you will fall of the news feed very quickly.

asdfg12345
01-20-2013, 11:22 AM
If they can lose to someone 60 levels lower, it means they will be the cannon fodder for the faction and that player probably gets attacked alot through out the event. In that case, your name will be off their battle report in few hours.

Opinvu
01-20-2013, 11:27 AM
I find it slightly entertaining. It's rather fun to knock around someone that is 60 levels higher than me. I can understand though where this could be problematic though. But how many times is a higher level player really gonna attack someone that much lower? You get less points and more often than not you'll get less money picking on a lower level player, not worth it IMHO. I suppose their are bullies out there that would get a kick out of it for a short while.
I agree entertaining. Nice pride boost for my situation. I can't beat him but his buildings are still game. But is this a back door they didn't think about. Widens the unbalanced conversation. And yes I will exploit this for battle points and no troop loss. Raiding a player on the lvl 14 account only gets about 20pts but to hit that lvl 41 guy gives me 70.

Opinvu
01-20-2013, 11:29 AM
If they can lose to someone 60 levels lower, it means they will be the cannon fodder for the faction and that player probably gets attacked alot through out the event. In that case, your name will be off their battle report in few hours.. Oh yeah true. Hamm then how do I goat them in attacking again..... New reports. Lol

Redwolf
01-20-2013, 11:38 AM
I would like to be able to see player levels before attacking them in war.this has been a good team building event.

Opinvu
01-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Yes it would be nice to have a better clue on who might be a safer attack. But it must be their form of Fog of war.

Peppers
01-20-2013, 11:48 AM
I have a question for HLP's who are the DL in some lower level factions.

When you're hit by the LLP's, what are the ethics in going back and attacking them hours/days later? Assuming you are 100 levels or more above the LLP, is it bad sportsmanship, or are they being sore losers when the LLP's are cleaning the floor with their not-so-hot faction?

Opinvu
01-20-2013, 12:33 PM
I have a question for HLP's who are the DL in some lower level factions.

When you're hit by the LLP's, what are the ethics in going back and attacking them hours/days later? Assuming you are 100 levels or more above the LLP, is it bad sportsmanship, or are they being sore losers when the LLP's are cleaning the floor with their not-so-hot faction?
Personally, if he game allows it, it's part-n-parcel deal with it. I think it's odd people attack once, win, and move on. Shopping for higher points maybe? Tis isn't a D&D role playing game with a Geneva convention treaty to worry about.

For campers that are trying to stay at a low level it will be irritating. I was sitting cozy over bank and no one around me could win an attack. But now I have a real threat like the progressive player.

I am not complaining I benefited here as well as lost a bit of security.

Peppers
01-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Ohh, I'm not complaining. I just think its kinda sad. He didn't win anything except another point in his win column.

I assumed it was because he was a sore loser due to his team sucking. That is hardly my fault :)

Opinvu
01-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Ohh, I'm not complaining. I just think its kinda sad. He didn't win anything except another point in his win column.

I assumed it was because he was a sore loser due to his team sucking. That is hardly my fault :) it is your fault if you are wearing that invisible MW t-shirt during the battle.

Peppers
01-20-2013, 12:59 PM
LOL! So it IS my fault!

I "won" this shirt back in October :) It's my lucky imaginary shirt!

SevenO9
01-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Maybe he just had a little crush on you and wanted to make sure you can visit him anytime later ;-)