PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check People :)

BigD@wg
01-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Ok, so this WD event has been lets say a little lack luster for some. For others, they are dealing with all the bugs and trying to enjoy it. There are simply some dynamics to this game that I feel not everyone completely understands. So I will bore those that do and hopefully enlighten those that don't.

1. Gree is a business. They made MW and every other game like it for one purpose and one purpose alone and that would be to make money. The game was not created just for your enjoyment. It was created to make money. It's why the imbalance exists!

2. Therefore, related to #1, those that spend tons of money are the ones who are the strongest players and will always win. Events are centered around making a larger profit. Therefore, the big money players will once again be at the top. If you don't like it that is your prerogative. Regardless, if you like it or not, it is fact.

3. This game like many others will always have bugs and glitches. It seems that is inevitable. The only recourse you have is to wait for bugs to be fixed or simply quit. There is very little middle ground with this facet of the game.

4. This game has hackers and cheats. Hopefully, one day Gree will get a better handle on this problem. Until they do, I will never spend another dime.

Among these 4 concepts, #2 is the one that seems to cause a lot of frustration for free/light spenders. I myself am in this group and I have come to accept it and you should to if you are in this tier. The elite in this game play to "win" and will continue to do so. I congratulate them on their victories and go on my merry way. However, some do have the position that because they spent large sums of money that I should be grateful or owe them something even as small as a "Thank You". Well I don't owe anybody anything. The only people I have to thank for this game is Funzio. They created the game. They created it in a way so that some people would spend to fund its existence. So thank you Funzio/Gree!

The #3 concept is an issue for everyone. No one like glitches, even the free players. Understandably, the gold players (small or big) find this to be a little more disheartening. You pay real money and have higher expectations. Essentially, "getting your moneys worth". Well regardless of how much you spend the glitches remain. So the only way to not feel slighted is to stop spending or accept it. If you accept it, then you are putting trust in no other entity except Gree to eventually make it "right" for you.

The #4 is really only a problem for money players. I doubt any free player really truly cares because they haven't lost anything other than time spent. However, when you have spent real money to achieve what other get for free by cheating then that is a problem. It is isn't the hackers fault as there will always be cheats, crooks, and thieves, in this world. It is sad that people take this route in life but accept it, they exist. This too can only be handled by Gree. If you continue to spend money, then you are once again entrusting Gree to make it "right" for you.

So all-in-all I have said what I felt needed be said. Some will read and agree and others will disagree. That is your right as an individual. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I just hope that some take a minute to read and understand the truth about our little game :)

Xzmd
01-20-2013, 08:38 AM
I totally agree what you said. I see people spend tons of gold in this event and it is crazy. I think hacker is Gree's problem, not players'. Spending thousands of gold punishing hackers is stupid. The only one who is happy is Gree.

BeardedBubba
01-20-2013, 08:39 AM
In regards to #4 how many cheats and hackers do you think are at the top levels in this game? 5%? 10%? Just a bit curious how big of a problem cheats and hackers are in MW. Don't get me wrong i think they should be removed immediately.

BigD@wg
01-20-2013, 08:40 AM
And yes I know some will put TLDR. "Too Long Didn't Read" and to that I say OIDC. Which means "Ok I Don't Care". Lol :)

BigD@wg
01-20-2013, 08:42 AM
In regards to #4 how many cheats and hackers do you think are at the top levels in this game? 5%? 10%? Just a bit curious how big of a problem cheats and hackers are in MW. Don't get me wrong i think they should be removed immediately.

I really have no clue as to how many exist. I personally have never ran into one in the game. I am relying on this input from many trusted players feedback in the forum.

BigD@wg
01-20-2013, 09:00 AM
I totally agree what you said. I see people spend tons of gold in this event and it is crazy. I think hacker is Gree's problem, not players'. Spending thousands of gold punishing hackers is stupid. The only one who is happy is Gree.

It is definitely Gree's problem. No hacker would care if a legit player beat them. They have nothing invested. They would laugh that someone spent real money trying to beat them. They would simply go back and hack some more to have a different outcome next time.

Big O
01-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Well said D@wg, your OP was spot on.

Dutchie
01-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Seems with the matching system, factions with hackers are getting matched to top teams and they are destroying these factions which harbour hackers! So the matching algorithm is teaching these factions with one or two hackers a real good lesson as the non-hackers are getting decimated!

BigD@wg
01-20-2013, 09:17 AM
Seems with the matching system, factions with hackers are getting matched to top teams and they are destroying these factions which harbour hackers! So the matching algorithm is teaching these factions with one or two hackers a real good lesson as the non-hackers are getting decimated!

Well some may be harboring intentionally while others may have no clue as to with whom they are affiliated. Those players who intentionally took up with a hacker deserve the beatings. The ones who don't know ...well they will realize they need to exit the faction regardless. As for the hacker, he/she doesn't care either way. Hacking is the entertainment for those who do it. The hack is their fun...not the game to which they do it.

Morphlingman
01-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Well some may be harboring intentionally while others may have no clue as to with whom they are affiliated. Those players who intentionally took up with a hacker deserve the beatings. The ones who don't know ...well they will realize they need to exit the faction regardless. As for the hacker, he/she doesn't care either way. Hacking is the entertainment for those who do it. The hack is their fun...not the game to which they do it.

There is no way, you are a member of a faction with a hacker in it and unaware, the guys have millions of attack and def stats. What the guy got that legitimately?

Dutchie
01-20-2013, 09:21 AM

Agreed. Good postings! The ones who don't know are given a warning, but they don't believe that they have a hacker. Duh... if you have good stats of 100K and you get drawn with PUN... there is one born every minute!

BigD@wg
01-20-2013, 09:26 AM
There is no way, you are a member of a faction with a hacker in it and unaware, the guys have millions of attack and def stats. What the guy got that legitimately?

I admit it would be a stretch of the imagination but if I had never joined the forum I would have remained clueless about a lot of things too. I would have never thought that people would actually spend money on a phone game. I had no clue that that players in the upper levels had 100-800k A/D stats. This forum is the reason I originally got sucked into being a money spender. I'm just glad I finally came to my senses. So ya I think it is remotely possible for a non-forum member to not know.

Jacko99
01-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Good post bigdawg, points nicely made.

ohgreatitsryan
01-20-2013, 09:38 AM
I think you said it better than anyone can Bigdawg.

Opinvu
01-20-2013, 09:41 AM
They created it in a way so that some people would spend to fund its existence. So thank you Funzio/Gree!

So how do you pay salaries and raises with this model? How do you get real talent to even apply for the starting wage? Hire fresh kids with big dreams right out of online colleges?

Opinvu
01-20-2013, 09:43 AM
I think you said it better than anyone can Bigdawg.

I love your tag at the bottom... Who is that at third? Never heard of them.

BigD@wg
01-20-2013, 09:55 AM
So how do you pay salaries and raises with this model? How do you get real talent to even apply for the starting wage? Hire fresh kids with big dreams right out of online colleges?

I may or may not fully understand the question but as I see it ... Their model works pretty well. It had me for awhile. It plays on people's psyche of being a "winner". There is no end to this game. So to be able to "win" on a daily basis and beat the best, you must be the strongest players or associated with a group of the strongest players. To be the strongest players, you must spend lots of money. It is purely based on feeding a man/woman's Ego. Obviously, it works and they are making money, otherwise the game would be gone. So I think it is a successful money maker.

Edit: one reason it continues to make people spend is those that have spent view it as an investment. They don't want to see the money they already spent .."lost". So they pump more money into to make it seem like it isn't a lost cause. Sometimes, you must wake up and cut your losses. I have, I win :)

Poopenshire
01-20-2013, 10:00 AM
I love your tag at the bottom... Who is that at third? Never heard of them.

whats your base address, I can send welcome party......!

BigD@wg
01-20-2013, 10:03 AM
whats your base address, I can send welcome party......!

Hopefully he is stocked with plenty of Rum. I know you gents and ladies (well only one lady that I know of) like to throw big parties! :) lol!

Procyon
01-20-2013, 10:04 AM
1. Gree is a business. They made MW and every other game like it for one purpose and one purpose alone and that would be to make money.

To the above point: Since yesterday morning I've had the lines of an old favorite Joe Jackson song in my head:

Right now, I think I'm gonna plan a new trend
Because the line on the graph's getting low and we can't have that
And you think you're immune
But I can sell you anything
Anything from a thin safety pin to pork pie hat

'Cause I've got the trash and you've got the cash
So baby we should get along fine
Why don't you give me all your money?
'Cause I know you think I'm funny
Can't you hear me laughing? Can't you see me smile?
I'm the man

That said, I do think CJ has at least tried to send out some updated info on these glitches from time to time.

BigD@wg
01-20-2013, 10:07 AM
To the above point: Since yesterday morning I've had the lines of an old favorite Joe Jackson song in my head:

Right now, I think I'm gonna plan a new trend
Because the line on the graph's getting low and we can't have that
And you think you're immune
But I can sell you anything
Anything from a thin safety pin to pork pie hat

'Cause I've got the trash and you've got the cash
So baby we should get along fine
Why don't you give me all your money?
'Cause I know you think I'm funny
Can't you hear me laughing? Can't you see me smile?
I'm the man

That said, I do think CJ has at least tried to send out some updated info on these glitches from time to time.

Yes I would say that song applies! Lol!

I think CJ has done a tremendous job lately trying to stay on top of all of this. But he is only one man and the problems that exist are not his, rather the company for which he works.

Warfiend
01-20-2013, 10:11 AM
I just want to add my own 2 cents in, I disagree on some points, but I respect your view of things and your opinion.

1. Gree is a business. They made MW and every other game like it for one purpose and one purpose alone and that would be to make money. The game was not created just for your enjoyment. It was created to make money. It's why the imbalance exists!

The problem a lot of seasoned gamers have is we've played games made by businesses that made their creators a lot of money in the past, and weren't imbalanced like this. Games that have far better graphical experiences and more complex and engaging interfaces. It's not simply a matter of "gree is a business, that's why".

Consider the other games they've made, none of them that I've played is as terribly imbalanced as this. In CC you only lose consumable items. So no one can come along and wipe out your forces.

In KA, the casualty rates haven't reached the same ludicrous levels for me, and the casualty reduction building actually seems to make a difference. Plus they have game cash units available that can give stats to rival all but the biggest spenders.

Monster Quest, I can't really get into, pokemon is my kid's thing, but anyone without money can fuse their way to higher power indestructible units.

MW in particular is just terribly unbalanced and it's not simply because Gree is a company, as we've seen far more balance in their other games. And I'd say 99 percent of the profitable video games in history were not unbalanced like this.

Therefore, related to #1, those that spend tons of money are the ones who are the strongest players and will always win. Events are centered around making a larger profit. Therefore, the big money players will once again be at the top. If you don't like it that is your prerogative. Regardless, if you like it or not, it is fact.

#1 being Gree is a business, there are a lot of profitable game companies(companies doing better than Gree BTW), who don't have horribly unbalanced games like MW where it isn't your strategy or skill you learn along the way, it's your mad credit card wielding technique that wins the day.

ID software is a business, a very profitable one, and when I get my arse handed to me in one of their games, it's because the person on the other end actually has better skills than me, not because they spent more money than me. Or in some cases, it's a cheater(every game has 'em), but mostly when I lose in those games, I'm losing to people with actual skill playing the game.

I'm only bringing this up because I think the point that Gree is a business trying to make money is a weak deflection from the fact of the overall defective design decisions that went into the game and its profit structure. There are tons of profitable games made by companies out to make a profit, that aren't all jacked up like this one.

BigD@wg
01-20-2013, 10:22 AM
@warfriend-
I agree with all of that. I was simply pointing out that it is business. Some of the design flaws that created unbalance may or may not have been intentional. Although even when unintentional, I would say that in some cases it worked in Gree's favor and promoted some spending.

It is unbalanced. But I don't think there is any activity happening to try and put it back in balance. That's why there are no high end units that can be bought with in-game cash (how many times has this been requested?). And when there were high end map loot units (wavebreakers, seige tanks, hot zone Heli, etc.) those got severely nerfed because the gold players whined about it devaluing their gold purchased units (and rightfully so). So it will likely always be unbalanced.

Ericinico
01-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Strong points.

Procyon
01-20-2013, 10:38 AM
@Warfiend - @ my work and with what I do I keep reminding people it all comes down to Strategy v. Execution. You can have the grandest plans and biggest ideas but the question becomes, can you execute on that strategy or idea? If not, then it's better to analyze, measure risk v. reward, have we thought about what could go wrong, is it big or small, can we handle it, and finally make a go or no go decision.

I just wonder if that sort of analysis happened here.

@BigD@wg - to your earlier comment, agreed, CJ has been doing a solid job with a bad situation.

Opinvu
01-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Hopefully he is stocked with plenty of Rum. I know you gents and ladies (well only one lady that I know of) like to throw big parties! :) lol!
Luckily I live close to a BevMo...alcohol warehouse. Like a Costco for the drinker. In fact we can meet there...lol

BigD@wg
01-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Luckily I live close to a BevMo...alcohol warehouse. Like a Costco for the drinker. In fact we can meet there...lol

Lol! Well I am not apart of that collective so I wouldn't be one of the ones visiting :) lol

Opinvu
01-20-2013, 11:16 AM
I may or may not fully understand the question but as I see it ... Their model works pretty well. It had me for awhile. It plays on people's psyche of being a "winner". There is no end to this game. So to be able to "win" on a daily basis and beat the best, you must be the strongest players or associated with a group of the strongest players. To be the strongest players, you must spend lots of money. It is purely based on feeding a man/woman's Ego. Obviously, it works and they are making money, otherwise the game would be gone. So I think it is a successful money maker.

Edit: one reason it continues to make people spend is those that have spent view it as an investment. They don't want to see the money they already spent .."lost". So they pump more money into to make it seem like it isn't a lost cause. Sometimes, you must wake up and cut your losses. I have, I win :)

The question is the same question the top people ask themselves. The best and brightest are making good money making big productions. Your employee pool for this sort of platform is well, entry level skill I would imagine. Your economic projections for the year aren't as easy to forecast like selling the product on the front end. Teams working on normal purchase to play games have the most resources, and these get minimal after launch. Remember Funzio got bought out, sold out and quit... Or whatever.

Poopenshire
01-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Lol! Well I am not apart of that collective so I wouldn't be one of the ones visiting :) lol

I prefer my rum spiced. We do have a grand old time.

Opinvu
01-20-2013, 12:59 PM
There is no time to spice it... That's like a 90d timer.

ohwhatafinish
01-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Hackers have small ****s, I've seen one

BigD@wg
01-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Hackers have small.....I've seen one

Keep comments clean please.

ASGARD
01-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Keep comments clean please.

Are you from GREE?

nothing2seehere
01-20-2013, 02:05 PM
I admit it would be a stretch of the imagination but if I had never joined the forum I would have remained clueless about a lot of things too. I would have never thought that people would actually spend money on a phone game. I had no clue that that players in the upper levels had 100-800k A/D stats. This forum is the reason I originally got sucked into being a money spender. I'm just glad I finally came to my senses. So ya I think it is remotely possible for a non-forum member to not know.

Your last sentence says it all. Just about everyone in my faction, and others I've talked to, weren't even aware of the forums, and have no clue about most of the information shared here. Now, we know the information is here, but the masses will always take the quickest route, which means the vast majority of players will read nothing about the game except what is easily found, like in the help section.
But I've seen the opposite here, people who are certain that since the information is here, everyone must have read it, and understand it, so would know about hackers and such. And from some of the posts I've seen on these forums, I sometimes have a hard time deciding which group is more ignorant. :)

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Are you from GREE?

No, he's not from Gree.

He's just a person that is civil, minds his manners, and behaves with decorum.

I agree with him, and I'm not from Gree, either.

BigD@wg
01-20-2013, 02:39 PM
No, he's not from Gree.

He's just a person that is civil, minds his manners, and behaves with decorum.

I agree with him, and I'm not from Gree, either.

PJ is correct. I am not affiliated with Gree in any way other than playing the games.

Thx for kind words PJ!

Poopenshire
01-20-2013, 02:41 PM
But it does prove one thing, Gree is not in the office to fix or deal with anything as they would have banned him already.

Guess what guys, keep complaining becuase no one is listening or caring.

gwmac
01-20-2013, 02:43 PM
But (and this is a big but) I think a hacker joined our faction early on and when I tried to remove them I was unable to do so at first. I kept getting a server error message. Finally about 4 days before the event started they released a patch and then I removed him. So it is a bit unfair to suggest that some factions may knowingly keep a hacker in all circumstances. Our faction is a minnow in a sea of whales so we weren't bothered too much by this problem, but perhaps others had a similar problem with removing that infestation. I hate cheats and hackers and really do not understand that mentality. Only Gree can really be expected to solve the problem and I think it a bit unfair to try and pass the blame to average Joe players who often have no clue what a hacker even is let alone be expected to be on a constant vigil.

Poopenshire
01-20-2013, 02:47 PM
But (and this is a big but) I think a hacker joined our faction early on and when I tried to remove them I was unable to do so at first. I kept getting a server error message. Finally about 4 days before the event started they released a patch and then I removed him. So it is a bit unfair to suggest that some factions may knowingly keep a hacker in all circumstances. Our faction is a minnow in a sea of whales so we weren't bothered too much by this problem, but perhaps others had a similar problem with removing that infestation. I hate cheats and hackers and really do not understand that mentality. Only Gree can really be expected to solve the problem and I think it a bit unfair to try and pass the blame to average Joe players who often have no clue what a hacker even is let alone be expected to be on a constant vigil.

These one made the hackers their Defensive leaders, with raw stats horribly low. most of the team had higher stats.

MonkeyPuppy2012
01-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Good Post

Great Points

Opinvu
01-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Football games are over now. I got closed ticket emails. Thanks for your report blah....

threefellow
01-21-2013, 02:37 AM
And yes I know some will put TLDR. "Too Long Didn't Read" and to that I say OIDC. Which means "Ok I Don't Care". Lol :)

FFP read..FFP read everything ...you off my ally list...what's up?

Tournai
01-21-2013, 03:51 AM
BigD@wg, Whats not to agree with facts?

I always read youre comment and appreciate it! Feels good to know that there are others that think the same way!

Keep it Up! and join me :p

BigD@wg
01-21-2013, 05:54 AM
FFP read..FFP read everything ...you off my ally list...what's up?

Sorry about that buddy. Sent you PM.

BigD@wg, Whats not to agree with facts?

I always read youre comment and appreciate it! Feels good to know that there are others that think the same way!

Keep it Up! and join me :p

Sent you PM too.