PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone answer a strategy few questions about this event

gwmac
01-19-2013, 08:29 AM
How are points determined? Trying to figure out the best strategy for maximum points in a battle. It seems that wins or losses don't matter, just get the most battle points possible. Is that correct?

1 is leader, 2 is an officer, and 3 is a member. Do you get more points for hitting a 1 or 2 player over a 3?

Hitting fortifications seems to get you about 25 points which isn't a lot. At beginning of the war, is it best to concentrate all hits until their fortification is down or attack defense leader first?

Should we alternate our defense leader or just use the player with the highest defense?

In the battle list you see numbers like 1189 for some players and as low as 87 for others. Is that their allies number? What is the best way to select the player to attack with a good chance of winning and getting the most points?

Any other tips and suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance

Mongo
01-19-2013, 09:17 AM
My thoughts, subject to caveat I know nothing.

I can't see that points are correlated, at least not strongly, to opponent stats. So I am attacking weakest player I can find. Answer to related question, yes, it is the ally number they show. That bears little relation to strength (a/d). Combine those 2 and I think you have a large reason why a lot of folks are upset they are being targeted by way way higher level players.

I think you want defense leader to be your strongest defense rated player. The defense leader gets taken out by a finite # of hits, but if you make it a weak player s/he will be easier to take out, eg 1 force attack instead of 2.

At the level we are playing participation is key, a lot of wars I've seen involve only a handful of players per side.

gwmac
01-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Thank you. here is what we have been doing so far, does this seem like a good strategy to you?

We have our weakest player do a power attack on their defense leader first. Once he is down we have been attacking players. That seems to yield more more points than the fortifications. We are largely not gold players, so we don't have enough strength to even come close to knocking down a fortification completely. We have been winning most battles but not getting a ton of points. At least not like the leader board shows. Average only about 5,000 per war.

Just wondering if we should stick with this strategy or try and focus on their fortification. Is it hopeless to even try unless most players are using gold for health regen? We are just shooting for a top 1000 finish at this point.

FromAfar
01-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Gwmac, I like your plan. You can hit forts, but you get very little; and never get to the players. i am think I aGREE, weak guys bounce leader, then attack players as hard as possible,'and maybe command center if you can see it. Still figuring the command center angle,'not certain

gwmac
01-19-2013, 12:32 PM
last battle we fought what looked like a strong faction. But they didn't even start with any fortification at all. The command center was exposed. But hits on the CC only gave 50 battle points. Hits on some of their players gave 300 points. So I am thinking that hitting the fortifications and command center is a big waste of time unless you have a lot of gold players which we don't.

I will just knock out their defense leader and then go for maximum points on players. We got 7,700 points in last battle doing that which I think is okay. It is nothing compared to those whale top 25 factions, but maybe is enough to make top 1,000 I hope.

FromAfar
01-19-2013, 02:27 PM
points go like this, I THINK:

IF FORT then points / 2.

once fort is gone, and you can see command center, then points are full.

so... all other things equal, with a fort a guy MAY pay 150, without a fort, it is 300. again, the number varies, but the point is that the fort / 2 the points.

at least i recall reading it that way. and, with the caviat that gree actually documented the way it works and coded correctly....

last battle we fought what looked like a strong faction. But they didn't even start with any fortification at all. The command center was exposed. But hits on the CC only gave 50 battle points. Hits on some of their players gave 300 points. So I am thinking that hitting the fortifications and command center is a big waste of time unless you have a lot of gold players which we don't.

I will just knock out their defense leader and then go for maximum points on players. We got 7,700 points in last battle doing that which I think is okay. It is nothing compared to those whale top 25 factions, but maybe is enough to make top 1,000 I hope.

Jhenry02
01-19-2013, 02:42 PM
I think the 1 in the star means leader.
As Charlie's leader, I have probably been attacked 100 times since yesterday.

-J

gwmac
01-19-2013, 02:49 PM
With the leader board stalled, hard to know where we stand. we are not a power faction by any means and just shooting for a top 1,000 finish at this point. We have about 45,000 point so far. I wonder if that is enough to be in the range of top 1,000.

Thanks for the info. The allies number is also weird. Sometime I attack a guy with a number around 900 and his defense and level score are way low, like 20,000 and sometimes it is really high. Weird to just list their allies instead of their level and defense score.