PDA

View Full Version : Punishment for factions who harbor hackers!

Chuck Nuts
01-19-2013, 08:03 AM
The algorithm for pairing factions is yielding an unintended benefit: Justice for factions who harbor hackers!

If there is a single hacker in your faction, then you will be paired against MUCH stronger rival factions. The hacker may escape unscathed, but everyone else in his faction will get punished hard!!!

My top-10 faction keeps getting paired against factions with one hacker and the rest are all moderate to low stat players. Unfortunately we cannot do anything to the guy with 2million boosted defense, but we can put a serious beat-down on everyone else in his faction.

If you are in a moderate to low powered faction and you keep getting paired against ultra powerful rivals then start looking for a skill-point hacker in your midst. After you are done getting completely pounded, then check through all of your faction members to see who didn't take serious casualties and that's probably the person who you can credit for your punishment.

If we can't eliminate the hackers then we'll punish anyone who harbors them! The WD faction pairing algorithm finally puts the low-level hackers up against very strong legitimate players. Unfortunately, there will be collateral damage, but this is a good reason to have a screening process for who you accept into your faction.

mxz
01-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Interesting. Great post, Chuck.

iamnasty
01-19-2013, 08:43 AM
I hate to say this, I did voice out before WD starts, CJ refuses to acknowledge and everyone was blinded by the WD prizes !!!!

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43748-Battle-For-Brazil-1-19-Sneak-Preview-The-Rewards/page9

Cheers :D

Stonewall
01-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Can't do anything about it until this event is over as the system will not allow you (me) to drop anyone from the faction.

NakedCherryPie
01-19-2013, 09:42 AM
I love to say I told you so. So, I told you so...

1earEddie
01-19-2013, 11:25 AM
I love to say I told you so. So, I told you so...

Hahaha...1ear think funny!

Ranger4Life
01-19-2013, 11:32 AM
I've loved the pairings so far. We have been paired up with 14 hacker factions so far and have decimated the leader of each faction for having a hacker. Many of the hackers have already been banned too.

Sgt Z 0311
01-19-2013, 01:55 PM
I've loved the pairings so far. We have been paired up with 14 hacker factions so far and have decimated the leader of each faction for having a hacker. Many of the hackers have already been banned too.

We ran into a Cyber from Spetznatz with 5 million defense. Just reported it and took a screenshot.

But attacking the faction leader makes perfect sense. Because every leader of every faction is omnipotent and knows everything about all 30+ members and their daily activities and routine, and also serves as a one man support team that can dig into each member's account to investigate and see data that no one else can see to determine that they are in fact a hacker. Since, the aforementioned is in fact the responsibilities of the leader, who is equipped with his or her own IT department.

Love the logic.

gwmac
01-19-2013, 01:57 PM
I doubt any legitimate player who has worked hard to build their base will disagree with booting and banning any hacker found. This definitely needs to be a priority.

Generik79
01-19-2013, 02:14 PM
To all of you longtime players and gamers: many of us in this game (average joe, legitimate players) got an iPhone or iPad, found this app, built some, we're reinvigorated by factions, and tried as hard as possible over 8 weeks to prepare. We aren't computer geniuses and I for one wouldn't have known a hacker if he was next to me. I have a clue now because of this event. But let me tell you my story. Based on the WD Walkthrough my faction discussed and decided we needed a powerful defense leader (mistaken strategy all around). We recruited for 2 weeks. We spent on the pvp to show strength and try to get a recruit based on that. I personally spent hours on the rivals list and offered a bounty if someone would join. Our highest boosted player was 105k/124k. And we only had/have 5 or six with either a/d over 100k. Most hover between 75 and 85. So we thought we needed a whale. I found a guy with high a/d who pretended to be interested. He had a bunch of cash that he told me he got by building his energy and refilling with gold. He never donated that cash. He agreed to join us on Wednesday. He was in the faction...doing nothing...for less than 48 hours. Then he was gone almost immediately after the battle started. My guess knowing what i know now from you all is this piece of garbage was a hacker who sabotaged what we worked 2 months to build. We got a message about him from Alex just before Brazil. I wrote a ticket and asked GREE to check into him. But we didn't want to remove him if he was legitimate based on one guys innuendo. And frankly none of us know how to spot a hacker (I have a better idea now...but that has developed in the last 24 hours).

The moral of our factions story is that this idea of punishing a group of guys like us who worked hard for this inadvertent sabotage by some probable hacker does not hold water. I will save my tears over the matchups for elsewhere. But I wanted this to be said. Naive perhaps but not complicit in anything and far from at fault to the level of needing the mega ultra factions to punish our average joe players for 5 days.

The Billionaire
01-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Nice post and good idea

Speed ump
01-19-2013, 04:05 PM
This has been a good way to spot the hackers, though they have been much less disruptive than i would have thought. It seems most dont even bother to play the event. Not sure why they got woth weaker teams and leave them hanging in the first place, but i have never claimed to understand the mind of a cheater.

Ranger4Life
01-19-2013, 04:19 PM
All but two of these factions used their hacker as their DL. This shows that the Leader knew that they were a hacker.

These guys had a Raw defense of 10k so why else would the Leader choose them to be their DL?

Tanner
01-19-2013, 04:34 PM
All but two of these factions used their hacker as their DL. This shows that the Leader knew that they were a hacker.

These guys had a Raw defense of 10k so why else would the Leader choose them to be their DL?

Hmmmmmm...sure makes it hard to deny when you put it all simple and obvious like that.

Dopfer
01-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Great post! Gree did something right :)

NakedCherryPie
01-19-2013, 07:34 PM
This has been a good way to spot the hackers, though they have been much less disruptive than i would have thought. It seems most dont even bother to play the event. Not sure why they got woth weaker teams and leave them hanging in the first place, but i have never claimed to understand the mind of a cheater.Speed, hackers don't buy gold, they get 4 or 5 good hits during the battle, are reported, removed from the faction, yet the faction still gets paired up with us monsters. Then the rest of the faction cries when they get their tale whipped. Next time, people should heed my warning. NakedCherryPie will destroy you if you include a hacker knowingly or not. I already saved one forum faction from having egg on their face(albeit rather publicly), they should thank me. Their leader stepped up and did the right thing, kudos to them. Now they actually get to compete honestly. Same can't be said about the French(Don't they usually surrender?) or Waffen SS(Waffle House).

Speed ump
01-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Strange that you mention that last one. They bleed, i mean they really bleed.

Poopenshire
01-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Speed, hackers don't buy gold, they get 4 or 5 good hits during the battle, are reported, removed from the faction, yet the faction still gets paired up with us monsters. Then the rest of the faction cries when they get their tale whipped. Next time, people should heed my warning. NakedCherryPie will destroy you if you include a hacker knowingly or not. I already saved one forum faction from having egg on their face(albeit rather publicly), they should thank me. Their leader stepped up and did the right thing, kudos to them. Now they actually get to compete honestly. Same can't be said about the French(Don't they usually surrender?) or Waffen SS(Waffle House).

I think you should read a certain thread started by a certain poo related member. that is what happens to hacker teams who continue to break the rules and take advantage of good teams.

NakedCherryPie
01-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Strange that you mention that last one. They bleed, i mean they really bleed.Maple syrup.

Morphlingman
01-19-2013, 08:33 PM
we came across a faction with three members in it, the leader had 8,000,000 Def tell me he's not a hacker??

GRW
01-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Of course he is a hacker

ohgreatitsryan
01-19-2013, 11:39 PM
we came across a faction with three members in it, the leader had 8,000,000 Def tell me he's not a hacker?? It was actually kind of funny, one of his faction members only had one unit left(a tree sniper).

MCADAM
01-20-2013, 01:10 AM
Gree stealing money from people.

All those paying for gold and having their wd points lost are losing out, whilst gree still keep the money.

Why pay for results to have them taken from you!

Gree you are thiefs!!!!

dredogg14
01-20-2013, 05:50 AM
Hey all. Quick questions. If you / we come across a faction that has ALL hackers, how do you attacked and beat them since you can't win given their defense inflated stats?

Dutchie
01-20-2013, 05:53 AM
Gree stealing money from people.

All those paying for gold and having their wd points lost are losing out, whilst gree still keep the money.

Why pay for results to have them taken from you!

Gree you are thiefs!!!!

My bet is that you will be banned... Fancy a little wager? LOL

Dutchie
01-20-2013, 05:55 AM
It was actually kind of funny, one of his faction members only had one unit left(a tree sniper).

Re: Your sig - I can hear PJ saying... "Is that all!" :)

nerdi
01-20-2013, 07:38 AM
I was subject to the anal raping of a liftime without lubrication last night from Ferr, Ken, Variable and one other guy i cant remember his name, it hurt so bad!

I didnt know we had a hacker, I took it up my poopshoot for that guy, lost over 4k attack and defense in under an hour, 445 losses from 4 guys? wow

Vballmadam
01-20-2013, 07:54 AM
I was subject to the anal raping of a liftime without lubrication last night from Ferr, Ken, Variable and one other guy i cant remember his name, it hurt so bad!

I didnt know we had a hacker, I took it up my poopshoot for that guy, lost over 4k attack and defense in under an hour, 445 losses from 4 guys? wow

I know in game play we try to warn players. We will tell them they have a hacker on their team and may want to change factions. In reply they don't believe us and leave nasty messages. Right "dazzle"!

Dutchie
01-20-2013, 08:28 AM
I know in game play we try to warn players. We will tell them they have a hacker on their team and may want to change factions. In reply they don't believe us and leave nasty messages. Right "dazzle"!

If they don't believe you they deserve to be pummelled as this is the only way that factions with hackers will learn!

iamnasty
01-20-2013, 08:57 AM

Is it really that pain, hmmm....least you remember 3 of them, the 4th guy probably hurt the most !!! Lost 4K under an hour, wow....wow....wow.........

Cheers:D

nerdi
01-20-2013, 09:01 AM
yeah my a$$ is still chapped up real good from last night

Agent Orange
01-20-2013, 09:44 AM
we came across a faction with three members in it, the leader had 8,000,000 Def tell me he's not a hacker??

Ok he's not a hacker just some misguided soul with the ability to morf skill points!

Poopenshire
01-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Ok he's not a hacker just some misguided soul with the ability to morf skill points!

too bad he couldn't morf them into a decent game.

Agent Orange
01-20-2013, 09:48 AM
too bad he couldn't morf them into a decent game.

No kidding

Chuck Nuts
01-21-2013, 05:18 AM
This event is turning into the great hacker purge!!!

However, I must clarify some of my earlier statement about "punishment" for the factions that harbor hackers. That statement was intended for any faction who knowingly keeps a hacker in their team or for any faction that is too dumb to identify and purge a hacker from their team. That being said, it is truly unfortunate that Gree does not allow leaders to remove members from their faction after they have been ousted as a hacker.

We must petition Gree to give leaders the ability to remove hackers and malcontents from their factions during an event. It is understandable that no one should be allowed to add new members during an event, but removing a member should be allowed.

Punishment for factions who harbor hackers, but give faction leaders the ability to purge their team of hackers once they are found.

The best way to get Gree to make a change is to submit help tickets that clearly state you are making a recommendation to improve the game. Don't call it a "glitch", don't go on and on about how unfair it was that hackers ruined this first event, and don't try to argue about why you deserve compensation. Just put in a ticket to recommend that the game should be improved by allowing faction leaders to remove members during an event.

ModernCamper
01-21-2013, 05:22 AM
I thought you couldn't hack this game tho

NakedCherryPie
01-21-2013, 06:34 AM
I've stopped caring whether the team knew about it or not. I'm sure honest folks out there are getting hammered for it too. Have you had your fill of pie today?

Scorpiocmw1979
01-21-2013, 07:02 AM
The algorithm for pairing factions is yielding an unintended benefit: Justice for factions who harbor hackers!

If there is a single hacker in your faction, then you will be paired against MUCH stronger rival factions. The hacker may escape unscathed, but everyone else in his faction will get punished hard!!!

My top-10 faction keeps getting paired against factions with one hacker and the rest are all moderate to low stat players. Unfortunately we cannot do anything to the guy with 2million boosted defense, but we can put a serious beat-down on everyone else in his faction.

If you are in a moderate to low powered faction and you keep getting paired against ultra powerful rivals then start looking for a skill-point hacker in your midst. After you are done getting completely pounded, then check through all of your faction members to see who didn't take serious casualties and that's probably the person who you can credit for your punishment.

If we can't eliminate the hackers then we'll punish anyone who harbors them! The WD faction pairing algorithm finally puts the low-level hackers up against very strong legitimate players. Unfortunately, there will be collateral damage, but this is a good reason to have a screening process for who you accept into your faction.Dont know the validity of that! I have looked at all the members and we have ALL taken damage! The lower members get it the worst...we like to call them our punching bags:/ We have been paired up with factions of all sorts...high...low! I would love someone that has battled "the French" to inform me of any hackers in my group!! We have battled some strong ppl! Groups that in these forums that have claimed my faction are/have hackers! All info is welcome! Are you kidding me if we have a hacker...PLEASE let us know so we can report them as well and boot them!! ASAP! To many in my group have worked to hard and put in to much time to let a cheater ruin it for us!

PLEASE RESPOND WITH YOUR CLAIMS TO HACKERS IN OUR GROUP "THE FRENCH"!!

GRW
01-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Scorp ... My faction put a hit on every member of the rival faction to validate if or sadly how many cheats are on the rival faction list.. Works for us!

NakedCherryPie
01-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Scorp ... My faction put a hit on every member of the rival faction to validate if or sadly how many cheats are on the rival faction list.. Works for us!Lord, we do the same. We feed pie to everybody on the list.

Poopenshire
01-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Lord, we do the same. We feed pie to everybody on the list.

I want Apple, with some vanilla Ice Cream

NakedCherryPie
01-21-2013, 12:04 PM
I want Apple, with some vanilla Ice CreamNext time my friend, next time...

Poopenshire
01-21-2013, 12:06 PM
I may not be the most powerful force in this game, cough cough, I am looking at someone I know.

but when it comes to hackers I have no fear and will hit them to no end to make sure they are a hacker.

In the end exposing them is worth far more than any Gree offered trinket.

Sgt Z 0311
01-22-2013, 10:04 AM
I already saved one forum faction from having egg on their face(albeit rather publicly), they should thank me. Their leader stepped up and did the right thing, kudos to them. Now they actually get to compete honestly. Same can't be said about the French(Don't they usually surrender?) or Waffen SS(Waffle House).

Thank you for pointing him out to us! I am grateful for your help. If not for the forum, I would not have received your info. Hackers are a liability and hurt the game experience for everyone.

Fun Killer
01-22-2013, 10:30 AM
This is awesome, MW purging of 2013! Let us all be cleansed of this evil ;)

Sgt Z 0311
01-22-2013, 06:03 PM
NakedCherryPie,

I just think that you could have been more tactful, mature, and polite in how you communicated that to us. You don't have to argue or put someone down. A simple private message saying "Hey, I just wanted to let you know that xxx person looks suspicious, and they may be in your faction. Might want to take a look" would have a much better impact than earlier conduct, and if you used the same finesse with them, I would not be surprised if they told you to... well, you know.

It's important to treat everyone with respect. Take it from someone that has actually been to war.