PDA

View Full Version : Syndicates = Massive Rip Off

Burn
01-19-2013, 07:01 AM
I'm hearing from the MW side, where the Syndicate event has begun, that it is a massive Rip-Off.

I've said it before, I don't object to paying for entertainment, that's easily justified expenditure, but i have no interest in buying stat increases because they are wholly irrelevant.

Bottom line, for a player at level 200, maxed out on on Respect and Loot items, this sh!t game is simply no longer 'entertaining' enough to justify the kind of spend now necessary.

More importantly, I have no desire to be 'carried' by other Indians, so I think my return to retirement will be swifter than epected. Anyone want my account? ;)

Be interested to hear more feedback on here from others taking part in MW event.

AppleMacGuy
01-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Make your mind up...worse than a yo-yo u are :p

Sandukan
01-19-2013, 07:15 AM
MW event is ALL about gold spending.
You get 5 hits then you have to sit out for 25 minutes before you can attack again. Only problem is battles are only 1 hour.
So to keep fighting you have to use gold to buy health (25 gold for another 5 hits).

Chuck Nuts
01-19-2013, 07:17 AM
You only get 4 attacks for 25 gold. Even worse deal than a boss battle.

Sky
01-19-2013, 07:19 AM
I will give u a dollar not. I don't know who I am, o that right maybe I do. If Mr. Burn had a good family maybe I would give u a buck.
I'm hearing from the MW side, where the Syndicate event has begun, that it is a massive Rip-Off.

I've said it before, I don't object to paying for entertainment, that's easily justified expenditure, but i have no interest in buying stat increases because they are wholly irrelevant.

Bottom line, for a player at level 200, maxed out on on Respect and Loot items, this sh!t game is simply no longer 'entertaining' enough to justify the kind of spend now necessary.

More importantly, I have no desire to be 'carried' by other Indians, so I think my return to retirement will be swifter than epected. Anyone want my account? ;)

Be interested to hear more feedback on here from others taking part in MW event.

jobadass
01-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Spending a little gold in MW WD, but getting a lot of enjoyment. If the regular spenders on that side are complaining, it only took them about 1000 vaults to figure it out.

The gap between a fairly strong, almost free faction like HTC and the top 3 is astounding. If they have buyers' remorse, oh well.

Can't stick around...war in 20 minutes.

BOS
01-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Basically, the faction event, is just like the auction style events. Massive, and I mean massive gold expenditures (Imagine spending 100 gold per minute, for an hour )

- I'm still looking forward to the CC event, however, Gree needs to take a serious look at the cost of health refills and the amount of "health" a player gets.

Sidenote: the pre-battle PvP events, and earning faction bonuses have been fun... just kinda let down once the "big event" got here.

Burn
01-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Make your mind up...worse than a yo-yo u are :p

No seriously for a minute, as opposed to my usual rabble-rousing, what's left in the game really?

I've been creating my own entertainment on here for a year or so. Rat Catching was dreamt up to add spice to a game that was already getting tired way back then. After a few months of Rat Catching it became repetitive, the fun factor diminished, and I retired.

Then the CK thing kicked off, and I saw some value in coming back, taking up JoeyCools previous offer to join the Indians, and fire up a war with CK - again whatever entertainment I derived from that was created by me myself, not Gree. Ultimately CK got blattered, and retirement beckoned once more.

Syndicates looked like it might add some interest, real team play in a game where we had previously created our own team play - got to be worth at least a look right?

Yet, seemingly it looks like Syndicates is simply an ill-conceived Gree money-spinner, and the cost is apparently far in excess of any value or gameplay provided. I was probably foolish to expect any different.

From a personal perspective, the original Turkey event gave me a clear insight into the fact that increasing stats actually achieves nothing other than changing who you fight with, making it clear that any further money spent on stat increases was completely futile. I stopped spending at that point.

In summary, there have been two things on here that have motivated me, and brought entertinment, Rat Catching, and the CK War, both things created by the players themselves. Funzio/Gree have provided nothing but the playing field. And frankly, the playing field is now, metaphorically speaking, nothing more than a patch of mud that costs far more to maintain than it is actually worth.

Further, the game is linear, at level 200 with a full quota of a Respect and Loot items, there is literally nothing left to do but play a poor version of Sim City/Raiload Tycoon.

Gree could have fixed it. They could have added more levels beyond 200, they could have increased mob limits to 1000, they could have created new high level Respect and Loot items exclusive to those higher levels. But at no point have they done anything other than trot out tired events aimed at extracting further money from a dissillusioned clientelle.

Even the players themselves are different. At high levels there are two distinct player types: Those that spent to fight and win, and those that spent to defend and avoid losses. The former is looking for fun, the latter is protecting a fragile ego. There are now far more of the latter, meaning the game is now more about making truces and avoiding conflict, it's very very boring.

I love my fellow Indians, they are easily the coolest people in the game, have each others back, and we have a great laugh together - anything you hear to the contrary is from someone sulking about being attacked by Indians - as said the game is now full of drips that only want to avoid conflicts and losses.*

*Even Trev, one of the very strongest players in the game, ended up having to be basically pushed out of the Indians, because he was more interested in protecting his win/loss ratio than fighting strong opponents.

But other than my friendship with those guys, and some good people here on the forums, this game has nothing to offer currently.

Add to that the hacker issues, and frankly, this game is irrepairably broken.

In conclusion, in the two years since this game was created, there are now better games out there, that offer significantly better entertainment, and significantly better value.

Can the last person out turn the lights off please.

Dipstik
01-19-2013, 08:14 AM
He's a little slow, folks, but EVENTUALLY he sees the obvious.

dudeman
01-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Gree could have fixed it. ... But at no point have they done anything other than trot out tired events aimed at extracting further money from a dissillusioned clientelle.

I can't find a clip, but if anyone recalls the episode of Family Guy called "Dammit Janet", it's the one with the little girl who only likes Stewie for his cookies. Anyways, once Stewie catches on he sends her away, and all she does is go get cookies from someone else. Basically, Janet is Gree. They don't care about you or anyone else one bit. They just want your cookie$.

And this is pretty much how they get it (the guy in the bad suit is Gree): http://vimeo.com/50518415

Burn
01-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Dipstik, if you weren't so negative about Everything, I might have listened to you sooner.

You'd win the lottery and then complain that the bags of money were heavy. ;)

dads
01-19-2013, 08:26 AM
After this fiscio I am done,as said you can easily spend 100 gold in a min,more like 200 gold in a miniute thou.
I deff won't be joining any syndicate even a camping one.
the Mw event is a eye opener into how much off a mess it can be gliched members,ghost members ect ect & after the event fight your name goes on there wall so lvl 200 can hit lvl 50 or less.

Burn
01-19-2013, 08:28 AM
after the event fight your name goes on there wall so lvl 200 can hit lvl 50 or less.

Now THAT is excellent News! There are a few low levels that need a damn good beating :)

TRAZ
01-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Hmmm....always appeared to be a money maker, hence the 40% off gold sale over there. Rather curious how the free side will win out.

Just from the forum board threads over there, does look pretty horrific...eeeek.

Stay and make your own fun out of what gets presented, but play it for free. That way, no buyer remorse when things go crazy and beyond broken. :) Would be nice to get the other needed things, but can't remember the last time a non-gold item was introduced into the game as a permanent add. Anyone remember?

dudeman
01-19-2013, 09:07 AM
Would be nice to get the other needed things, but can't remember the last time a non-gold item was introduced into the game as a permanent add. Anyone remember?

New Maps. When they (finally) gave us lootable non-consumable explosives people seemed pretty excited.

That may have been the only non-gold new content for all of 2012. New maps with loot that isn't great but isn't complete crap either... for free players anyways.

Bala82
01-19-2013, 09:24 AM

So i have ask a few questions here because i really want to know whether you finished the game at level 200

1) Have you completed all the maps
2) Have you finished all the crime city goal except goal you can't like 31 expansion
3)Have you got all your buildings to level 10

Burn
01-19-2013, 09:37 AM
I complain about lack of action and boredom, you suggest I complete all the maps.

You really have your finger on the pulse Bala ;)

TRAZ
01-19-2013, 09:46 AM
New Maps. When they (finally) gave us lootable non-consumable explosives people seemed pretty excited.

That may have been the only non-gold new content for all of 2012. New maps with loot that isn't great but isn't complete crap either... for free players anyways.

Thanks dudeman. My memory is about as long as a short piece of rope most days....lol.

dudeman
01-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Thanks dudeman. My memory is about as long as a short piece of rope most days....lol.

Last night my fortune cookie said, "Your mind is quick and your memory is good."

I guess it was half right. ;):p

Richie.
01-19-2013, 09:56 AM
To compete at a high level in MW, each person needs to be spending £300-500 each in a 40 strong faction for one event..

Bala82
01-19-2013, 09:59 AM
I complain about lack of action and boredom, you suggest I complete all the maps.

You really have your finger on the pulse Bala ;)

LOL it seem complain that you have nothing to do in the game ?

mexx
01-19-2013, 10:03 AM
i don't know what i have to think about this news. since i began the game, i was a lonely player without a clan or syndicate. but what is now? i'm not a big gold spender.

Coladonato
01-19-2013, 10:37 AM
LOL it seem complain that you have nothing to do in the game ?

It gets boring real quick just logging on to spend energy and collect

Bala82
01-19-2013, 10:47 AM
It gets boring real quick just logging on to spend energy and collect

Yes but for me i set my own goal let see how long it takes to save for level 2 nightclub -once you collected money needed you feel a bit accomplishment that the game money has a purpose but if you get stage where you have nothing to with in game money i agree it's rather boring. :(.

cooch
01-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Hmmm....always appeared to be a money maker, hence the 40% off gold sale over there. Rather curious how the free side will win out.

Just from the forum board threads over there, does look pretty horrific...eeeek.

Stay and make your own fun out of what gets presented, but play it for free. That way, no buyer remorse when things go crazy and beyond broken. :) Would be nice to get the other needed things, but can't remember the last time a non-gold item was introduced into the game as a permanent add. Anyone remember?

Only thing is Gree wants gold spenders and TJ users to make $ and pay for salaries...free players desires are not in line with what they will provide to players....I wonder if they make freebies cannon fodder will they drop out and make it easier to manage the game. Perhaps part of goal for what's going on in MW?

sister morphine
01-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Now THAT is excellent News! There are a few low levels that need a damn good beating :)
Yes indeed! The lower levels are the place to be. I'm playing whack-a-mole with MWWM 😂😂

Luciferianism
01-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Whoever gets first place in the first event will likely to go on to win every subsequent one. And their power will grow mammothly with each passing reward.

Coladonato
01-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Yes but for me i set my own goal let see how long it takes to save for level 2 nightclub -once you collected money needed you feel a bit accomplishment that the game money has a purpose but if you get stage where you have nothing to with in game money i agree it's rather boring. :(.

Everyone has their own goals of course.

isshi
01-19-2013, 12:05 PM
*Even Trev, one of the very strongest players in the game, ended up having to be basically pushed out of the Indians, because he was more interested in protecting his win/loss ratio than fighting strong opponents.

When was I pushed out? I quit did I not, for the 2nd time after you came out of exile to pursued me to come back.
As for stats, I did not care ask bambam. I have morals unlike some. Even joey hitting me now, do I complain? Nope.
Do I care? nope, is he a hypocrite yes.

Dr. Dengus
01-19-2013, 12:09 PM

In simple terms, it's a team auction event. There are awesome rewards that are paid out to a large group of players (top 10,000 factions will receive at least 1 prize), but the top spenders will no doubt reign supreme.

The Billionaire
01-19-2013, 12:11 PM
People i think you're forgetting Gree is a company that is out to make money and rightly so otherwise there's no point in being in business.

I think you're also forgetting that like every other bit of new content that gets released its going to be glitchy at first whilst Gree iron out small issues. At least we're getting some new content because like burn said the game has become very boring.

Factions is great fun though and brings a new style of team play to the game. It gives all types of players the chance to take part and win some nice rewards. The prizes structure in this first MW event extends all the way to the top 10,000 factions so fre players have the chance to pick up some nice prizes.

As far as competing for the top spot its no different to every other event throughout the gree games.

Auction leader board events - if you want to be in the top 250 you have to spend gold.
Boss events - If you want to win the grand prize then you have to spend gold unless your name is Avon Barksdale but then large amounts had already been spent to get Avon stats to where they were when the boss events got released. (10/10 grand prizes so far btw at a total cost of 10 gold bars ;) )
PvP events - If you want to make it into the top 10 you have to spend gold
Collect 10 events - If you want the grand prize you have to spend gold although the odd few players do get extremely lucky and get it for free.

Bottom line is Gree are here to make money. Its up to us how much they make. Collectively we should compete but only to the point where we spend the kind of money that achieves our goals. Over spending on these events is just a waste and ridiculous.

Free players - The balance in the game disappeared a very long time ago so all you can do is your best and i'm sure there's some free players out there with outstanding accounts. Unfortunately if people spending gold really annoys you then you need to go and play Sim City.
With that said the pre events are definitely achieveable for a group that is well co-ordinated and puts 100% effort into the pre event. The rewards are excellent and you should take advantage of this opportunity to benefit at all (Free) costs.

Gold Spenders - Have you wallet to hand.

Syndicate haters - For those who are saying they won't be joining a syndicate then i suggest you strongly re-consider. Gree games are evolving as are the prizes and the spending. There are so many prizes and bonuses to be had you'd be very stupid not to join a syndicate and take advantage where you can. Do get left behind.

I wish you all the best and i'm sure you'll come across Avon or The Billionaire over the coming months so let me know how you got on. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Anyway i must go because war is about to be declared which means HTC will be picking up another win.

Hero of Time
01-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Yes indeed! The lower levels are the place to be. I'm playing whack-a-mole with MWWM 😂😂

Same here but unfortunately I haven't seen many on my rivals list these past couple of days.

Burn
01-19-2013, 12:32 PM
When was I pushed out? I quit did I not, for the 2nd time after you came out of exile to pursued me to come back.
As for stats, I did not care ask bambam. I have morals unlike some. Even joey hitting me now, do I complain? Nope.

It wasn't meant as an insult, it was an example of how the player dynamic has changed from one of War to one of Diplomacy.

And I hardly pursued you mate, I opened a Chatbox to see what was up with you. Let's keep things real eh.

Also yes, you were intentionally put under increasing pressure to Attack the strong players on the Indian Hitist that you had arranged personal truces with in order to protect ur stats, u chose to leave instead. You also know you arranged those truces after you joined the Indians, and knowing full well that they were on the Hitlist.

So Yes, you quit, but Yes you were also pushed to either sh!t or get off the potty.

No hard feelings, Indians is a team, you prefer to bang your own drum. Not a problem.

Coldjoey
01-19-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm still very much enjoying my game play, and can see it only being enhanced by scyndicates. I've met some good people and some bad, some that moan a lot and some that have to cheat. I even met man that wants us to think he's a girl. The forum is half the fun, some times more than half sometimes less. So Burn if you really want out, I'll take your account from you, I'll delete your mafia, change the name and start having fun in the Indian park. But I'ld keep my main account, (I wouldn't swap that with Sam.)

Joeycool
01-19-2013, 12:58 PM

Are you implying I'm a hypocrite? If so why?

Burn
01-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Billionaire, I agree with every word you say as regards Gree being a business not a charity.

Personally speaking, two things made me decide "no more Gold"...

1. Turkeys which allowed me to temporarily bump my stats by an amount that would have cost $1000s in Gold - the game didn't change at all. Making me realise the futility of paying good money for stat increases.

2. Scratchers and Epic Boss events where Gree gave away, for zero effort, free items that were better than the items they were selling in crates. Creating huge inflation, and heavily devaluing previous Gold spend. Made me realise they could and would devalue my Gold spend any time they wanted to.

Of course Gree have every right to create inflation, but I just chose to opt out of what I felt was becoming an increasingly exploitative seller/buyer relationship.

That said, I would have been prepared to drop a few Vaults for the syndicate event, but it looks like such a blatant p!ss-take in terms of how they have priced it, that I'd rather give the money to my local wino :)

sister morphine
01-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Same here but unfortunately I haven't seen many on my rivals list these past couple of days.
There's three I've been hitting in recent days, and I'm reliably informed more are coming up. Shotty is back, which I expect you knew.

Hero of Time
01-19-2013, 01:36 PM
There's three I've been hitting in recent days, and I'm reliably informed more are coming up. Shotty is back, which I expect you knew.

I just found 2. One of them actually had pretty good stats, the other one was more of the same.

Muff Cabbage
01-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Ammmmmmmen.......praise Jesus bishop.

Coldjoey
01-19-2013, 06:04 PM
At no point is there any reference to the sale of an account. You Sir are exactly what is wrong with this fourm.

The Billionaire
01-19-2013, 06:36 PM
I agree with everything you said Burn.

I was in exactly the same position and stopped spending but with syndicates coming in i think i'm going to spending again just for the fun of it.

It is a rip off though, HP's priced at 25 gold and there's no 26 minute strategy in play so you can't even wait one minute to get that extra hit. It kinda makes the main event quite boring because you go to war and use your 4 hits and then you get one more hit every 20 minutes if you've got the max health regen bonus.

Kind of boring logging in for one hit. Anyway its new content and it will be entertaining.

The pre war events are much more fun and competitive. All out PvP war with some great prizes at the end.

(CoC) Goblin
01-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Come play with us Santa

Tomatoneverdie
01-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Jobadass said it, you spend a little to enjoy a lot. Most likely I won't spend again on MW but right now I am having a great time with some of the best people on this forum.

We, or at least for me, are not aiming for the Top prizes. However, we are working together to improve our strategy constantly to see how far we can push.

For that experience, I think my $60 is money well spent....

murf
01-19-2013, 09:19 PM

I read that they increased the drop rate of Bloody AKs from PVP too :)