PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics Finally Expposed

Mcdoc
01-19-2013, 04:57 AM
For months and months we've been asking how the Skill Points come into play with each battle.

Well - now in WD that the exact battle results are shown by a number - you can see how each attack fluctuates based on your Attack Skill Points vs their Defense Skill Points.

Here is what Jarod - CCM - told us back in August at our Face to Face meetup in San Diego:

Your Attack Stat X ( unknown Variable X Attack Skill Points )
against
Their Defense Stat x ( unknown Variable X Defense Skill Points )

So NOW - if you have a battle with someone who will tell you their Boosted Defense Score and Their Defense Skill Points - you can figure out what that Unknown Variable is.

I bet it is somewhere between 40 & 80 to make any difference at all.

Go Math Geeks - figure it out :)

Corsair
01-19-2013, 07:09 AM
It seems to fluctuate a lot, I know that much. Definitely shows why you sometimes get losses to weaker opponents.

FromAfar
01-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Interesting theory. After this,over I'll find my alt acct and attack. With all known variables, except 1 should be interesting

Fedup
01-19-2013, 07:40 AM
hmms

well during the battle, i hit the same guy 3 times, the twice i won his stats were around 33k Def, the one i lost his stats were around 46k def, (and am still higher than that) figure that one out maths wizards lol

oh and it was win 1, lose 1 win 1 so not possible to have increased stats by 10k in mid battle then drop 10k againall within the space of a minute lol

the amount of points won also fluccuate wildly

Spanish Fly
01-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Opponent level is in there to somehow. Hitting someone 40+ levels above me is pumping out much more than a same level opponent with a very similar defense score.

mxz
01-19-2013, 08:35 AM
If people post some data, it'll get figured out.

gwmac
01-19-2013, 08:39 AM
How are you even seeing the player levels? All I see is a 1,2,or 3 then what appears to be an allies number. Some might have 1189 by their name, others have as low as 25. How do you choose who to attack? And what attack will get you the most points?

Poopenshire
01-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Thats great except some attacks are below building boost levels that you see on info screens, so unless skill points are subtracted i think your seeing something else related to the faction boosts here.

FromAfar
01-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Poop, if I do it, I know the boosts on both sides, self abuse! ;) it may help.

My attack, as reported at attack time always seems low compared to the view profile numbers, which is interesting.

I've noticed this on all 3 accounts.

Ryans67
01-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Poops right. We have so many different variables now. We all thought they would show the number, so we could see if boosts are working. Yea right, they just made it so wacked out, that we will never know if any single boost actually works.

elangomatt
01-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Am I imagining things or did CJ54 say something in one of the WD forum posts that the attack and defense numbers on the battle report screen is not working properly right now? If it is malfunctioning it won't do much good to try the backwards engineer anything right now.

BigBassTurd
01-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Thats because you did not destroy their fortification. If the fort is destroyed or they don't have a fort you get your full attack points

SuperSonic Chimp
01-19-2013, 11:21 PM
It seems to fluctuate a lot, I know that much. Definitely shows why you sometimes get losses to weaker opponents.

I would be beyond shocked if i'm the first to either A, Think of this.....or B, post about it.

My theory is, and I've tested this hundreds of times, it comes down to where the little avatar is on the map. When you walk up to attack someone with lower stats than yours....you expect to win correct? Leaving out boosts for the time being....you'd win hands down. Add boosts, it's somewhat of a wildcard.......BUT, if you pay attention to where the avatar is, if he is walking around a defense building, you will lose.

Think about it, when you have those 300k attacks and you try hitting them 12 times in a row...you hit them three times, lose the 4th, hit him 2 more times, lose the 7th and so on. In my experience, on the hits that i lost, he was around a defense building...or if I hadn't stopped hit to attack him...his projected position would be in range of a defensive building. Now for those with upgraded defensive buildings in a cluster...it's even worse. But if you wait until the avatar leaves the space the building covers, you win! So, I never attack ANYONE within their defense buildings for extra measure. Proven right time and time again. Give it a shot if you're curious. It's harder to tell WD format, but the attack set-up is still the same. That's why one might loose to a apparent weaker opponent. If you wait a few seconds and try again, the avatar may have walked out of the building zone.

Also,Ever notice, the high dollar attacks (9100k-300k attacks) that little avatar is ALWAYS around the biggest cluster of defense buildings?! And if you wait for him to walk out of it...he just keeps turning around and walking back to the middle of it? hint hint folks! Those the kids with MONEY!

Again, just a theory I attack by, but it hasn't failed me yet.

ohgreatitsryan
01-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Boooooooy you cray cray.

EDIT: But seriously, that is the kind of rationalization you make in a fevered dream, as a world that makes no sense is slowly closing down around you, suffocating you as you claw helplessly for breath.

MCADAM
01-20-2013, 12:59 AM
Gree stealing money from people.

All those paying for gold and having their wd points lost are losing out, whilst gree still keep the money.

Why pay for results to have them taken from you!

Gree you are thiefs!!!!

SuperSonic Chimp
01-21-2013, 06:15 AM
Boooooooy you cray cray.

EDIT: But seriously, that is the kind of rationalization you make in a fevered dream, as a world that makes no sense is slowly closing down around you, suffocating you as you claw helplessly for breath.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?