PDA

View Full Version : Feel free to chime in

SuperSonic Chimp
01-19-2013, 01:59 AM
I honestly think it's the free for all that's killing this event. This should've been tiered. What's the challenge in pummeling someone 50 levels lower than you are? what incentive do new revenue sources have to gain from getting their asses kicked their first week on? My GF just started an account, spend 30 on gold, and she already wants to quit. Points should be awarded based on tiered attacks! Plain and simple. Communication has to be improved. Telling 10s of 1000s of players they are six hours behind 4 minutes after the start of an event is irresponsible. If i told my boss I was going to be late 5 minutes after I was late already, I'd be fired. The way to fix this? Scrap it. Use it as a huge beta test and restart it next week. give everyone like 1500 valor for the units lost if any, since you shouldn't have lost indestructables, give us the game data at least two days before with a working timer that unlocks action icons. Have more than 2 people answering tickets, and more than just CJ on here racking his head trying to keep us calm. i'll be the first to admit, i lost it today. I've never seen such inefficiency. This was an AWESOME concept that Gree fumbled. The need to make it right, but they need to get it right first. It would almost cost us less to buy the units in gold that for all the in game money spent for no reason, such as forts. Forts should be a very vital part of the battle! Like the DL, it must be torn down before fighting can begin. Meaning player with higher attack stats should be able to break it down faster, rather than it having a set amount per attack. Having health like fighting the boss?!! TERRIBLE CONCEPT!!! i don't pay gold to beat the boss...im sure as hell not going to se gold to beat a player I can barely beat anyway for no unit. We're not bosses.....we don't give out indestructables! It's not a good concept! you want to make money Gree? How about making it to where the average player spends 7 dollars a week. You do know a seed is much easier to swallow than a tree right? If Barrack Obama can out raise two consecutive republicans (some wont understand this is unheard of in modern politics) using 5 dollar donations from the average joe,Surely you can grow your business model by getting 7 bucks a week from a good majority of us. You are selling us entertainment. We don't have a tangible object to show for our money. So far, the only thing I have to show for my money from this project is a bunch of forum post that will probably never get read or responded to. YOU HAVE THOUSANDS OF CREATIVE TALENTS AT YOUR DISPOSAL! We're here...we are on the ground in the game. We tell you what we like and don't like...and it seems you guys do the complete and total opposite. The last company to do that and lost big time....GM. Look what happened to them. So now they actually sell smaller cars with better fuel economy. Not all of us want Suburbans, some of us are just fine with Colbalts...so make us a Colbalt! Help us, help you. Get someone else to help CJ. Stop treating us like a number. i rather you ignore all of us, rather than the spotty service that we can get sometime. CJ, i REALLY do appreciate what you try to do day in and day out. Unfortunately...you are the face of you company, as am I am the face of mine. When my guys at work don't like something, they get on me and I take it up the chain. I apologize for my unfriendly remarks as I am also a hot head. But I understand to get things done. you have to have a balance. But this needs to be scrapped this week and rebooted for next week.

Dutchie
01-19-2013, 02:43 AM
You are not the only one who feels like this! 'Tis the premium model... Milk your customers for all they got by charging outrageous prices and then when interest wanes, pull the plug and create another game! That's what GREE and other freemium developers are doing and eventually people will realise this and it kill this business model. Management only care about the moolah and certainly not the customer experience, sustainability and longevity! I can see why one member called himself 'I am a cow'!!!

SevenO9
01-19-2013, 02:51 AM
"Points should be awarded based on tiered attacks!"

Isn't this the most beautiful solution to the problem? Massive penalties for attacks down. Incentives to strike up. Problem solved.

stealyourface
01-19-2013, 04:44 AM
Well said supersonic. I'm not completely frustrated, but there are certainly elements that can be improved and you make some great point. Supersonic/seven the tiered attacks is a nice simple fix that can go a long way to help, listen up gree!

King little fruit fly
01-19-2013, 04:52 AM
I think the game would be fairer if gold is not allowed. :D

Ssne
01-19-2013, 05:10 AM
Couldn't agree more - the game right now is about isolating attacks on the handful of "weak" members of a faction and beating them to hell. From a pure ally perspective, L200s have so much advantage over anyone sub L100, and in this model they are free to pound them at will.

Seems like this would have been one of the first things solved for during the BFB brainstorm whiteboard session at Gree HQ.

Vballmadam
01-19-2013, 05:45 AM
Couldn't agree more - the game right now is about isolating attacks on the handful of "weak" members of a faction and beating them to hell. From a pure ally perspective, L200s have so much advantage over anyone sub L100, and in this model they are free to pound them at will.

Seems like this would have been one of the first things solved for during the BFB brainstorm whiteboard session at Gree HQ.

That's not 100% accurate. I know of several level 200 players that could not beat players level 100 or less. Don't let level numbers fool you. When I started I felt the same way you do but I have learned that it isn't so!

SuperSonic Chimp
01-19-2013, 05:45 AM

Again, Meanwhile.....back at Gree offices......

http://24.media.tumblr.com/389a9b46f168e0095dc1ff1af79a3f4a/tumblr_mfes1iKpDc1r00rvdo1_400.gif

Ssne
01-19-2013, 06:17 AM
That's not 100% accurate. I know of several level 200 players that could not beat players level 100 or less. Don't let level numbers fool you. When I started I felt the same way you do but I have learned that it isn't so!

Nothing in this game is 100% accurate. But in general, if you bring 4000 units to a fight vs. someone else's 1500, those 1500 have to be mostly purchased with gold to stand much of a chance.

Baraka
01-19-2013, 06:22 AM
Got our first start without declaring. Damn sucks.