PDA

View Full Version : "Friendly" Fire From Allies - Glitch!

nic4msu
01-18-2013, 11:07 PM
An officer in my faction & I each experienced incidences of attacks by current allies today. We had not been paired against either ally's faction, and we both confirmed that the ally relationship remained intact. Allies have been populating the rival lists for quite a while, but today is the first I've heard of actual attacks against allies being successfully carried out. Is this a temporary glitch? Should we expect friendly fire outside wars throughout the duration of the WD event, or is this expected to extend beyond 1/23?

Q Raider
01-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Had some "Blue on Blue" with my HLP.

When I was running the lists chasing dollars for the anniversary Buildings my allies returned the "player to weak to attack" indication if I clicked on them.

iamnasty
01-18-2013, 11:16 PM
An officer in my faction & I each experienced incidences of attacks by current allies today. We had not been paired against either ally's faction, and we both confirmed that the ally relationship remained intact. Allies have been populating the rival lists for quite a while, but today is the first I've heard of actual attacks against allies being successfully carried out. Is this a temporary glitch? Should we expect friendly fire outside wars throughout the duration of the WD event, or is this expected to extend beyond 1/23?

Should not be any issue as long as Green Peace and SPCA do not foreseen any animal been injured or and trees chopped down

Cheers :D

NakedCherryPie
01-18-2013, 11:17 PM
I only have grunt allies.

King little fruit fly
01-18-2013, 11:19 PM
You can hit anyone during faction fight as long as they are not your faction members. :D Remember it is faction vs faction. Your alliance does not matter anymore, they are your enemies.

iamnasty
01-18-2013, 11:20 PM
You can hit anyone during faction fight as long as they are not your faction members. :D Remember it is faction vs faction. Your alliance does not matter anymore, they are your enemies.

Oops, you have to hit me ???

Cheers:D

nic4msu
01-18-2013, 11:22 PM
This is outside WD battles. It was a standard rival attack. My ally thought I must have dropped him since he could attack me. Same thing happened between my officer and his ally (who just happens to be my good friend). We were never matched with their factions during wars.

nic4msu
01-18-2013, 11:24 PM
Had some "Blue on Blue" with my HLP.

When I was running the lists chasing dollars for the anniversary Buildings my allies returned the "player to weak to attack" indication if I clicked on them.

That's how it should be, but apparently not what happened today with these two attacks -- thus my concern about a glitch.

Tate
01-18-2013, 11:39 PM
This is outside WD battles. It was a standard rival attack. My ally thought I must have dropped him since he could attack me. Same thing happened between my officer and his ally (who just happens to be my good friend). We were never matched with their factions during wars.. This has been the case since the faction update came out. If your ally isn't in your faction they will show up on the rival list. Most players don't attack rivals that are considered allies, so your "allies" really shouldn't attack each other, unless they're jerks to start with...

nic4msu
01-18-2013, 11:48 PM
I thought that too, but we tested it, & if you tried to attack from within the base, it actually came back with a player too weak to attack error every time - which created a fail-safe. That seems gone today.