PDA

View Full Version : Hackers

Ssne
01-18-2013, 05:48 PM
I am no dev, but I would love to know how difficult it is to do a simple lookup through the MW player database and run something like: IF ATTACK > 9M THEN "HACKER", DELETE ACCOUNT.

Been a looooong time since my basic programming class but I think the general principles still apply.

Poopenshire
01-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Becuase that would mean a programmer would have to work and stop playing WOW.

Vertex
01-18-2013, 05:53 PM

^This. lol

Selfproclaimed
01-18-2013, 05:58 PM
I just do not understand how hackers go soo unnoticed and when they do get exposed. Seems like nothing's ever done,lol.

Dutchie
01-18-2013, 06:00 PM
I am no dev, but I would love to know how difficult it is to do a simple lookup through the MW player database and run something like: IF ATTACK > 9M THEN "HACKER", DELETE ACCOUNT.

Been a looooong time since my basic programming class but I think the general principles still apply.

I work in the industry and yes you are not wrong. Even if they don't instantly delete the account it can be easily flagged. Why it is left to us to report them is insane. They can easily add code that checks all stats and if abnormal to flag it. This really isn't rocket science and why GREE haven't done this amazes me because in the long run it will destroy their business! LISTEN GREE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. Long standing members and players are leaving because you have failed to address the problem.

marebear
01-18-2013, 06:01 PM
ha did you read about the guy (had some sort of computer job) and went to work everyday and surfed the net. He got fired, NOT for surfing the net but because he got caught.. he outsourced his job to someone in china and got caught when they looked into why someone from China was always accessing their network. lol.

ohgreatitsryan
01-18-2013, 06:03 PM
YES! Most inspirational story I read all week!

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 06:04 PM
I just do not understand how hackers go soo unnoticed and when they do get exposed. Seems like nothing's ever done,lol.

It's not a top priority. Making more money is the main goal here. It's all about the mooooolah. Chasing hackers is not a value added process. It requires lots of time and costs money. Programmers here are paid to find new ways to squeeze hard earned dollars out of players pockets. If anything, hackers generate funds for them. I guarantee there are players that have spent money to buy gold units to try and better compete ...not knowing they were battling a hacker.

Why should the devs chase the hackers? The players do it for them. I don't chase hackers...it's not my job!!

Dutchie
01-18-2013, 06:04 PM
He lost his job and won't find another easily... mud sticks! He left PDF files of the invoices to China on his desktop the muppet!

Dutchie
01-18-2013, 06:05 PM
It's not a top priority. Making more money is the main goal here. It's all about the mooooolah. Chasing hackers is not a value added process. It requires lots of time and costs money. Programmers here are paid to find new ways to squeeze hard earned dollars out of players pockets. If anything, hackers generate funds for them. I guarantee there are players that have spent money to buy gold units to try and better compete ...not knowing they were battling a hacker.

It will be when people start leaving the game in their droves! Fl@sh is probably the first of many!

Товарищ
01-18-2013, 06:07 PM

No, you're absolutely right!
Even better would be to measure stat increase per time (time derivative of stats) - cos hackers start new accounts and skyrocket the stats WAY faster than legitimately possible.
This would also highlight suspicious activity of existing players turned hackers.
Autoban might be too much, the players should be highlighted for manual review...

The hacker behaviors I'm reading about here in the forums is so f*cking easy to discover and counter with very simple methods. It shouldn't even be an issue if Funzio/GREE did things right from the very start. There's a golden rule in multiplayer game netcode programming: NEVER TRUST THE CLIENT!

Check youtube, the first most basic hacks are as easy as editing the variable in a MW datafile specifying e.g. goldcost, set it -100 for any standard gold unit - get 100 gold every time you "buy" it. (this I read was fixed now atleast)

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 06:09 PM
It will be when people start leaving the game in their droves! Fl@sh is probably the first of many!

It's sad to say but I doubt it. If it gets to point of losing money on the game. They will just shut it down and create a new game. They haven't done anything in a year to stop the hacking. They aren't going to start now.

Ramshutu
01-18-2013, 06:12 PM

Why should the devs chase the hackers? The players do it for them. I don't chase hackers...it's not my job!!

It has been my experience that the way it works is as follows:

Marketing: I have this new snazzy feature I want you to implement.
Programmer: Cool, this will take 12 weeks to implement.
Marketing: You have 2.
Programmer: But it's going to take 12 weeks to do.
Marketing: And?
Programmer: It's not possible to do in 2 weeks.
Marketing: Okay, 4
Programmer: I said it's going to take 12 weeks; unless I have 12, there is not enough time.
Marketing: But this is a desperately needed feature that is an absolutely requirement and we're all going to die if it doesn't get done in 4 weeks.
Programmer: Okay, okay. I maybe able to cobble something together in 4, but it'll be missing loads of stuff, and maybe a bit ropey.
Marketing: Deal

... 5 weeks later ....

Marketing: Your a week late, this is unacceptable. You promised you could do it in 4 weeks.
Programmer :(

Dutchie
01-18-2013, 06:14 PM
It's sad to say but I doubt it. If it gets to point of losing money on the game. They will just shut it down and create a new game. They haven't done anything in a year to stop the hacking. They aren't going to start now.

If that is the case, this will be the first and LAST GREE game that I will EVER play. I won't even touch them with a bargepole! I will also do whatever is in my power to get the money back through Apple...

It is 2:20am now... my bed is calling!

NakedCherryPie
01-18-2013, 06:20 PM
I just ran into a hacker that is the DL that I reported well over a week ago. How about well all stop playing the game?

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 06:42 PM
I just ran into a hacker that is the DL that I reported well over a week ago. How about well all stop playing the game?

You are obviously a big gold player with those stats! Impressive. As you and all of us see, Gree doesn't care about keeping the paying customers happy. Just release new distractions to keep them happy enough to keep spending. If they cared, that hacker would have been gone within minutes of that ticket being submitted.

The bigger issue is there is nothing in place to keep that same hacker from being back in the game within minutes of being booted!

andy_xyz2004
01-18-2013, 06:45 PM

I also reported hackers months ago, but he's playing until now.
I think they dont care about this hacker anymore..

NakedCherryPie
01-18-2013, 06:51 PM
If you are at full allies, the leader of this entire hacker faction is BossMan, level 180, 3135 allies, 90k defense. He will be hosting a party of one tonight!

Poopenshire
01-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Hackers can activate banned games in under 5 minutes. The accounts should be deletes entirely.

BigBassTurd
01-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Isnt the game linked to your device? I would think if they banned that player it would ban the phone/Tablet they are using and would not let them back on again? Like a lot of online multi-player games do on PCs.

Tech2
01-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Isnt the game linked to your device? I would think if they banned that player it would ban the phone/Tablet they are using and would not let them back on again? Like a lot of online multi-player games do on PCs.

The hackers know that and change the UUID of the phone as well...so it thinks its a new device.
(i think it's called the UUID)

NakedCherryPie
01-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Hackers be a hacking...

I am a cow
01-18-2013, 07:48 PM
I dont understand how hard is it to delete the account of a hacker? theres hackers running around on 3 mill def with12 units a guy with 29 warlord siege tanks and 53 base builders which have 1400 def and 1100 attk

whiskeybravo
01-18-2013, 08:23 PM
At the very least Gree should be able to find and ban the absolutely absurd hackers. It shouldn't be hard for them to automatically detect people with impossible stats.

If they can't do this they should fire themselves for being incompetent. I mean seriously some of the stats I have seen are absurd. They shouldn't need a screen shot and a ticket. If they can't find somebody with 2 million defense with only 12 units without relying on the player base I am not sure what else to say that hasn't already been said. It's sad.

CharlesBronson
01-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Hackers be a hacking...
...because GREE is slacking. Search em out. Point em out. Call em out. Spell it out. Keep your fingers crossed!

XxGNUTxX
01-18-2013, 11:37 PM

With some good kneepads

King little fruit fly
01-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Hacker, hacker, hackers are everywhere. Take a look at Ferrgie, this diva has 700k attack. How is it possible legally without being a corporate raider lawyer? :D

rce
01-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Lol, I have seen people bragging on their wall about hacking the scratchers and a look at their impossible stats backs it up. Its ridiculous. I'll say it again, this is a business, all that matters to GREEd is the almighty dollar. They dont give a rats butt if you are getting owned by some script kiddie.

Dutchie
01-19-2013, 12:42 AM
I am thinking about starting an e-petition thread after the BfB event and get everyone to sign it. If we can get 1000s of signatures from all forum members, faction leaders and their faction members it will speak volumes. I think it is better than any boycott or threats to stop playing the game because ultimately people will still buy gold and play the game whereas an e-petition can be signed by all who are concerned with regards to the hackers in this game.

Thoughts on this idea?

iamnasty
01-19-2013, 12:51 AM
I am thinking about starting an e-petition thread after the BfB event and get everyone to sign it. If we can get 1000s of signatures from all forum members, faction leaders and their faction members it will speak volumes. I think it is better than any boycott or threats to stop playing the game because ultimately people will still buy gold and play the game whereas an e-petition can be signed by all who are concerned with regards to the hackers in this game.

Thoughts on this idea?

Well, i'm out on this. I did mentioned in a thread requesting CJ on this issue, only you responded, meanwhile the rest is so GREEd, blinded and excited over the prizes, $h1t happened and what's the point b1tching now !!! hate to say this, BUT I told you so......

Cheers:D

Dutchie
01-19-2013, 01:06 AM
You did! Sitting back and doing nothing is not going to achieve anything hence I was thinking of doing this e-petition AFTER this event has finished so that GREE can do something BEFORE the next WD event.

P4TR1C14N
01-19-2013, 01:44 AM
They wint do anything... Accept it.

Real question to all here that invest money in the game... Do you really believe you get what you deserve for your money?

PC games cost a fraction off what this costs and for the price you invest here, you get a small gift.

Its incredible and mindboggling that the freemium business model is so succesfull. Don't take me wrong, but this world seems to be populated with a lot of ppl that prefer to act dumb and don't think.

I play for free and i am happy this is possible. If i had to pay for this game, i would laugh very hard. I know way better things to invest in. For the deep pocket guys... Go on... You don't feel it anyway hehe

Dutchie
01-19-2013, 01:51 AM
If an e-petition had 1000s of signatures it would speak volumes and tell GREE to sort it out. If nothing gets done in a certain timeframe, I personally would take further action by getting a full refund from Apple even if it has to come to a class action. I am not going to sit here and do nothing as GREE does nothing to sort out the problem in a programmatic way! I know how to develop and this can be easily addressed without taking too much time or resource!

Doesn't matter if you're a heavy or like me a light gold spender - hackers are destroying the game and GREE need to automate the process of finding hackers and close them down!

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-19-2013, 02:03 AM
Why don't we all relax, chill out for 6-12 hours, and see what develops?

I've thrown the chicken bones, done my JUJU dance, drank the blood of a turkey buzzard, and determined that a miracle is in the works.

Have faith, my children, have faith.

VileDoom
01-19-2013, 02:06 AM

L O L

Why did I have to read this while eating my cereal... Just about choked...

mickymacirl
01-19-2013, 02:45 AM
Guy, its not that easy sadly, I know gree are working on ways of detecting hackers.

IF YOU FIND A HACKER, REPORT HIM!(sorry ladies)/HER!

Dutchie
01-19-2013, 02:48 AM
Guy, its not that easy sadly, I know gree are working on ways of detecting hackers.

How do you know that GREE are working on this Mickymac?

mickymacirl
01-19-2013, 02:58 AM
How do you know that GREE are working on this Mickymac?

Because they are, that's all you need to know :P

five cents
01-19-2013, 03:53 AM
Why don't we all relax, chill out for 6-12 hours, and see what develops?

I've thrown the chicken bones, done my JUJU dance, drank the blood of a turkey buzzard, and determined that a miracle is in the works.

Have faith, my children, have faith.

Great stuff my friends..PJ,poopenshire,BigD@wg and Dutchie ...Hope you don't mind
fivecents hacking in here...1ear is a bit upset with Gree and even CJ with all the
closed threads and bans...he drank quite a bit of whiskey, got angry and VIOLENT!
so I put him in a time out...maybe back tomorrow or the next day...think he is
heading for small claims court county of riverside on Monday...see if I can calm
him down a bit...

King little fruit fly
01-19-2013, 04:22 AM
Nice to see you back, eddie or pete. :D

SgtBetty
01-20-2013, 09:33 AM
I work in the industry and yes you are not wrong. Even if they don't instantly delete the account it can be easily flagged. Why it is left to us to report them is insane. They can easily add code that checks all stats and if abnormal to flag it. This really isn't rocket science and why GREE haven't done this amazes me because in the long run it will destroy their business! LISTEN GREE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. Long standing members and players are leaving because you have failed to address the problem.

The reason the developers can't flag and remove the hackers is because it takes all at gree to get the credit card reciepts to the bank from people buying so much gold for event :D

Orbwar
01-20-2013, 09:51 AM
With the new leaderboard hackers are now rewarded... What a shame funzio...