PDA

View Full Version : Pull The Plug on BFB?

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 11:08 AM
From all the feedback thus far it seems like WD wasn't quite ready for release. Maybe Gree should pull the plug, work on it some more, and try again next month... Or next year.

dredogg14
01-18-2013, 11:10 AM
To be honest, working well for our faction so far. I touch slow in updating points, but that is to be expected right away as the max number of people possible are probably pounding the server right now. I'm sure it will mess up now that I said this, but so far OK by us and lots of fun (although everyone blew their gold wad our first battle...hahaha)

mxz
01-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Can't stop it now...Gold has been spent. It's like a beta-test. Probably should have done that more than a few days in advance, and probably should have had better instructions for what to expect so people knew what is normal and what is abnormal...but that's the bed that's been made. Glad I decided to sit this one out, like you. (we do think alike ;))

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Dredogg ...Nice to hear it is working well for your faction! I am just sitting here pondering all the whining that is going to continue to happen now. My faction should have won this ...compensate me this, compensate me that. We didn't get fair chance. Give me free stuff. Blah, Blah, Blah!

ohgreatitsryan
01-18-2013, 11:16 AM
I think this is definitely going to end very poorly, any notion of "balance" they discussed is pretty much out the window, and the event is only 2 hours in.

BigD@wg
Can't stop it now...Gold has been spent. It's like a beta-test. Probably should have done that more than a few days in advance, and probably should have had better instructions for what to expect so people knew what is normal and what is abnormal...but that's the bed that's been made. Glad I decided to sit this one out, like you. (we do think alike ;))

OMG! We agree! Wise man I must say! :)

FYI - I hope you know that I really don't take any comments personally. I may fire back like I do but it really is all in good fun. I like a little controversy :)

Maverick50727
We had many who couldn't get in, some should couldn't after 3 hits, the after we started another war, it seems to be stuck and just waiting. IN the meantime, we saw us drop from 3rd to unknow rank now watching other increase while we are stuck waiting. We will see waht happens. Our faction leader already submitted a ticket.

ohgreatitsryan
01-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Even if you can play correctly, the rival faction members defense will fluctuate wildly, one players defense has ranged from 10k, to 62k depending on who is attacking him....
....oh, and boosts don't work anymore....

dredogg14
01-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Bigd@wg - lucky for now. I'm sure we will have our glitches too. If you are looking for a home eventually, would love to have you as everyone in our faction is a riot and we are shooting for top 10

Mav - sorry to hear that. We are having android player glitches too right now but I think most of us happen to be iOS

dredogg14
01-18-2013, 11:22 AM
ohgreatitsryan - actually yes that is my one MAJOR complaint. My attack is getting max attack points and other people defense ranges a ton. Attacked someone they had 10k defense, then attached again and I lost (50k to their 55k, even though I max out around 60k attack)

HGF69
01-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Aimed totally at gold players, 3 hits and you have to wait, unless of course you spend money on a health pack, conn

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Bigd@wg - lucky for now. I'm sure we will have our glitches too. If you are looking for a home eventually, would love to have you as everyone in our faction is a riot and we are shooting for top 10

Mav - sorry to hear that. We are having android player glitches too right now but I think most of us happen to be iOS

I appreciate the invitation. Keep in touch and I will make some decisions at a later date. For now, I will just sit back and watch this debacle unfold.

ohgreatitsryan
01-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Aimed totally at gold players, 3 hits and you have to wait, unless of course you spend money on a health pack, conn
We are totally fighting right now.

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 11:25 AM
A lot of speculation and only a little confirmation beforehand. So are unit casualties occurring during battle?

ohgreatitsryan
01-18-2013, 11:26 AM
A lot of speculation and only a little confirmation beforehand. So are unit casualties occurring during battle?
Yes they are, and for some people they are HEAVY.

dredogg14
01-18-2013, 11:30 AM

Yes they are happening, but at about the same rate as regular play. Consistent though that if you attacked weaker guys, you have little to no casualties though

ohgreatitsryan
01-18-2013, 11:31 AM
If you are the weakest member of your faction, you will suffer really devastating losses.

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Thanks for insight on casualties Dre and Ryan.

Richie.
01-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Well total chaos...android players left out...I can't even get onto the faction part now without the game seizing up and crashing.

If you attack a higher level player in battle then expect them to come back at you outside of battle as you have left yourself on their newsfeed.

dredogg14
01-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks for insight on casualties Dre and Ryan.

Of course my man. If you have other questions let me know during the next couple days and I will try to answer

Jahootie
01-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Any faction member can declare war...big mistake...only officer or leader should be able to.......this is gonna be a svit show, crush shield and attack...by the way takes way to long to get health back...3 attacks and your done.....my but hurts gree thanks

spectra
01-18-2013, 12:07 PM
The event SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
the amount of units LOST IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT REALLY WORTH DOING IT

I will be probably leaving my faction, the amount of stats lost due to units lost CANNOT BE REPLACE even if we were to get ALL PRIZES.

this is deffinetly an event for the big spenders, players with gold armies and very high stats

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 12:19 PM
The event SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
the amount of units LOST IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT REALLY WORTH DOING IT

I will be probably leaving my faction, the amount of stats lost due to units lost CANNOT BE REPLACE even if we were to get ALL PRIZES.

this is deffinetly an event for the big spenders, players with gold armies and very high stats

I have a feeling I will be seeing a lot more of these kinds of responses. Sorry Spectra!

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-18-2013, 12:19 PM
This event was created to get people to spend gold.

If you win this, you'll spend between 6,000 to 12,000 (maybe even 15,000) gold.

I've heard some say 30,000 gold.

For $2,000 of gold, you'd get about 55,000 gold bonus.

It would be simpler, quicker, and you could purchase gold units using 70,000 gold.

The jury is still out on this, but I can see many, many problems, beyond the Android glitch.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIkWPyhQBt1w9rcvSgw9QRV0w2ZQg81 r1C3AtPqi5G3sweiq8oMg

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCK5VGIMpU-bbR9NBicnoVOtbyJn-xxUZRrej8zhGKVTESBitJ

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 12:23 PM
This event was created to get people to spend gold.

If you win this, you'll spend between 6,000 to 12,000 (maybe even 15,000) gold.

I've heard some say 30,000 gold.

For $2,000 of gold, you'd get about 55,000 gold bonus.

It would be simpler, quicker, and you could purchase gold units using 70,000 gold.

The jury is still out on this, but I can see many, many problems, beyond the Android glitch.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIkWPyhQBt1w9rcvSgw9QRV0w2ZQg81 r1C3AtPqi5G3sweiq8oMg

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCK5VGIMpU-bbR9NBicnoVOtbyJn-xxUZRrej8zhGKVTESBitJ

Of course it was done for that purpose. Every event is created to entice the gold spender. :)

tyler d
01-18-2013, 12:31 PM
I think that this event is to drive away all of the non spending players. I know that I will never spend a penny on this silly game and the longer I play the worse the game becomes. I guess it is like the abused spouse syndrome. It's got to get better because...

Dirk Durbin37
01-18-2013, 12:33 PM
My Transport Raiders are very upset about this first day. They are dropping like flies even when I win or successfully defend. Good bye old friends

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 12:37 PM
I think that this event is to drive away all of the non spending players. I know that I will never spend a penny on this silly game and the longer I play the worse the game becomes. I guess it is like the abused spouse syndrome. It's got to get better because...

Quite likely. The auction event had a similar model of design in that it pitted players against one another to force the spending of gold to win. Where as with collect 10 and boss events, you play against the computer odds. Now with factions they have become even more clever. Not only is there pressure to spend in order to compete, but you now have the possible added peer pressure of your own faction members compelling you to spend for the good of the team. Quite ingenious Gree. However, some of us saw through it from the beginning. :)

dads
01-18-2013, 12:51 PM
I don't like this event one bit,blind attacking then finding out he has 50k stats to my 30k & massive lvl differance then after that I find out I get put on his wall as a attacker so he can hit me anytime;great a lvl 123 can now hit lvl 50

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 12:56 PM
I think everyone should re-read this:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41972-MW-3.0-Hope-is-a....

I hate being right. Oh wait, no I don't! Lol :)

ohwhatafinish
01-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Pun had stats of 500k at 6.30pm gmt and the event was supposed to start at 7.00pm. Pull the plug

Alpha dog
01-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Maybe put some thought into it before hand then.. Its not that bad and actually I like it

Dudebot121256
01-18-2013, 01:05 PM
They should've released the update at least a week earlier to sort out the bugs. Then after that, they could've started the WD event.

tyler d
01-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Funny thing is my son wanted to play this game with me so on his Christmas present tablet I downloaded this game. Then along comes the factions and lookie lookie I can play with my son since I am level 200 and he is now level 40ish. Sounds like fun, except he is on an android system and is getting pounded and losing all of his units because level 200 players are attacking him. He can't even leave the faction until after this stupid event is over in 5 days. He won't have anything left except the few indestructible items that he has. One thing that I like about this faction event is all of the free time it will give me that I used to use playing this game. I am 400K away from Spec Ops then I am done with this game for good. Glad I haven't spent a nickle on it!

Force10JC
01-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Funny thing is my son wanted to play this game with me so on his Christmas present tablet I downloaded this game. Then along comes the factions and lookie lookie I can play with my son since I am level 200 and he is now level 40ish. Sounds like fun, except he is on an android system and is getting pounded and losing all of his units because level 200 players are attacking him. He can't even leave the faction until after this stupid event is over in 5 days. He won't have anything left except the few indestructible items that he has. One thing that I like about this faction event is all of the free time it will give me that I used to use playing this game. I am 400K away from Spec Ops then I am done with this game for good. Glad I haven't spent a nickle on it!I did the same thing for my son at Christmas only my son can actually see and participate in factions while I can't.

Dutchie
01-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Funny thing is my son wanted to play this game with me so on his Christmas present tablet I downloaded this game. Then along comes the factions and lookie lookie I can play with my son since I am level 200 and he is now level 40ish. Sounds like fun, except he is on an android system and is getting pounded and losing all of his units because level 200 players are attacking him. He can't even leave the faction until after this stupid event is over in 5 days. He won't have anything left except the few indestructible items that he has. One thing that I like about this faction event is all of the free time it will give me that I used to use playing this game. I am 400K away from Spec Ops then I am done with this game for good. Glad I haven't spent a nickle on it!

Get him to drop all allies to 1+ so that he only takes indestructibles into battle! There will be cannon fodder in each faction! There are ways around it if you think about it!

Dutchie
01-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Leaders board stoppped working... LOL

Too busy with the event and we have 5 days of it... ROFL

I'm enjoying it, losses aren't too bad... going with the flow!

See you soon!

Over and out

albeezy
01-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Only thin gI do not like is the time it takes for health to refil. If you are not spending at least 25-50 gold bards per round or more you are doing a lot of sitting around doing nothing but normal game. Whoever spends the most gold will win. 25 gold per 4 hits will net you 1000 WDs or thereabouts assuming the fort is down of course. Players are hemmoraghing gold right now. Should have bought some Gree stock yesterday!

EDIT: I would compare it to an auction event. You log in once an hour, unload what little health you have, check the leaderboard to try and estimate how much gold is being spent by the big boys, and then go play the KA LTQ! BRING THE LTQs to MW PLEASE!

P4TR1C14N
01-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Tbh... What a scam. If you don't have loads of gold, you don't have a chance at all to even get started properly. Based on the battles i saw so far, or ppl have loads of money invested in the last few Hours, or serious glitches are in the game.

I am gutted, this feature looked sooooo promising but reality is a major disappointment. Sad...

But who am I :)

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Sounds like Faction Camping might be more and more popular by the minute! Starting to sound like a fine idea to me. Health, defense, and cash bonuses with none of that silly brick hunting or battles to worry about. Lol! :)

mxz
01-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Sounds like Faction Camping might be more and more popular by the minute! Starting to sound like a fine idea to me. Health, defense, and cash bonuses with none of that silly brick hunting or battles to worry about. Lol! :)VFF Camps & Tramps should win a prize for being the best Faction camper. :) You have a LLP?

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 01:41 PM
VFF Camps & Tramps should win a prize for being the best Faction camper. :) You have a LLP?

Actually, I have two :) but what about my HLP? I think he going to need a tent and sleeping bag too! Lol :)

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Only thin gI do not like is the time it takes for health to refil. If you are not spending at least 25-50 gold bards per round or more you are doing a lot of sitting around doing nothing but normal game. Whoever spends the most gold will win. 25 gold per 4 hits will net you 1000 WDs or thereabouts assuming the fort is down of course. Players are hemmoraghing gold right now. Should have bought some Gree stock yesterday!

EDIT: I would compare it to an auction event. You log in once an hour, unload what little health you have, check the leaderboard to try and estimate how much gold is being spent by the big boys, and then go play the KA LTQ! BRING THE LTQs to MW PLEASE!

Lets see: 40% gold sale + event that requires gold to compete + players that feel they must win = stock rise for Gree

Ya I see it Beezy! :)

tyler d
01-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Lets see: 40% gold sale + event that requires gold to compete + players that feel they must win = stock rise for Gree

Ya I see it Beezy! :)Anyone else notice that it is 40% more expensive to replenish your health?

iamnasty
01-18-2013, 03:42 PM
We had many who couldn't get in, some should couldn't after 3 hits, the after we started another war, it seems to be stuck and just waiting. IN the meantime, we saw us drop from 3rd to unknow rank now watching other increase while we are stuck waiting. We will see waht happens. Our faction leader already submitted a ticket.

Just began couple of hour and you sounds already gave up, no worries REG is candidate for least Top 10

Cheers :D

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Lets see if I can list some of the major flaws in this event:

1. Gold REQUIRED to be competive
2. Low level, Low stat players exposed to heavy hitters, lack of a GOOD tier system
3. Glitchy, Bugs
4. HACKERS rule
5. Massive Casualties
6. IOS & Android aren't synced for updates/gameplay under current structure

Feel free to add to the list as I am sure there are many more!

Dutchie
01-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Anyone else notice that it is 40% more expensive to replenish your health?

25 gold to get ALL your health back (100 points) rather than the 50 you get in the EB event!

But granted.. GREE couldn't organise a fook in a brothel if they tried!

BigD@wg
01-18-2013, 06:56 PM
But granted.. GREE couldn't organise a fook in a brothel if they tried!

So true, so true! Lol

Vballmadam
01-18-2013, 07:11 PM
Pun had stats of 500k at 6.30pm gmt and the event was supposed to start at 7.00pm. Pull the plug

Not true...our first battle didn't start until 9:20 PST

dads
01-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Vball what program is your av from if you don't mind me asking.
It's eye catching & think it might be a good film it it is one.

BigD@wg
01-19-2013, 04:39 AM
Well it seems that many are just completely disgusted with this event. For those that are enjoying it ... Congratulations! I don't know how it will play out in the end. Will this be the death of factions, death of MW, or what? but I guess we just have wait and see.

King little fruit fly
01-19-2013, 04:47 AM
From all the feedback thus far it seems like WD wasn't quite ready for release. Maybe Gree should pull the plug, work on it some more, and try again next month... Or next year.

You are a funny guy, BigD@wg, this event is bringing in million from gold purchases in day one, do you think it will be plugged after just 1 day. ;)

BigD@wg
01-19-2013, 05:09 AM
You are a funny guy, BigD@wg, this event is bringing in million from gold purchases in day one, do you think it will be plugged after just 1 day. ;)

Of course not... Money is literally flying out people's pockets!

ProCision
01-19-2013, 05:44 AM
I think i am going to count my loses and run for the hills while I can. I have made plenty of mistakes in my life, playing this game and using real money was one of them.

1earEddie
01-19-2013, 08:53 AM
I think i am going to count my loses and run for the hills while I can. I have made plenty of mistakes in my life, playing this game and using real money was one of them.

1ear make plenty mistakes too...reason for...you guessed it...ONE EAR!

Poopenshire
01-19-2013, 09:05 AM
one cannot pull what one cannot control.....

dads
01-20-2013, 07:02 PM
Yes you poop it's not easy thou you just say no
& stop playing the faction thing.
Come on we know you can beat that addiction!!
Lol just joking enjoy what you can of the game & all the best

ucantwin1
01-20-2013, 07:13 PM
one cannot pull what one cannot control.....

Ahhhhh, but one can pull some silly BS and change avatars multiple times in midst of battle

sir elmo
01-23-2013, 07:56 AM
What I want to know is how factions were able to jump up high in points from the get go? Were they carrying points from a previous wd event? If so I think that is totally unfair. At the of the BvB event ALL faction wd points should wip3d clean the the next campaign event should start everyone out on a clean fresh slate. If this doesnt happen the top 10 factions in this event will undoubtedly win the next one and theres nothing that the lower factions can do. The lower point factions need it to start fresh so that it is a fair event and isnt cometely one sided from the start.

sir elmo
01-23-2013, 07:59 AM
Btw, does anyone happen to know when members will able to leave the faction they are in to join another one? it won't let you now because the event is still allowing war to be declared and points to be accumulated.

KizbotBro
01-23-2013, 08:07 AM
What I want to know is how factions were able to jump up high in points from the get go? Were they carrying points from a previous wd event? If so I think that is totally unfair. At the of the BvB event ALL faction wd points should wip3d clean the the next campaign event should start everyone out on a clean fresh slate. If this doesnt happen the top 10 factions in this event will undoubtedly win the next one and theres nothing that the lower factions can do. The lower point factions need it to start fresh so that it is a fair event and isnt cometely one sided from the start.

no

boy, thats a big post based off an assumption with no backup