PDA

View Full Version : Forum Ban = Game Ban

Burn
01-18-2013, 09:49 AM
A little birdy just told me that everyone will soon have to re-register their forum account using the same email address as they use in-game, and also add their game ID, which will then be cross referenced against data on the game server in order to authenticate and activate their forum account.

Thereafter, temporary forum bans will also mean a temporary game ban, permanent forum bans will mean permanent game bans.

Don't know if it is true, but if it is, it seems like a pretty surefire way to kill the troll problem stone dead.

Ramshutu
01-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Don't know if it is true, but if it is, it seems like a pretty surefire way to kill the troll problem stone dead.

Only the bad ones.

mxz
01-18-2013, 10:09 AM
I certainly hope that's not true. Unless we can change our Funzio ID's, this is just another hassle and privacy creep. I'd rather go to an offsite forum than lose that. The trolls aren't that bad and the new regime has been quick to pull the trigger on them. It really hasn't been an issue. If anything, it's spiced up a fairly dead forum.

If people have to jump through hoops to get here, they have just as much reason to go somewhere else.

dudeman
01-18-2013, 10:15 AM
I certainly hope that's not true. Unless we can change our Funzio ID's, this is just another hassle and privacy creep. I'd rather go to an offsite forum than lose that. The trolls aren't that bad and the new regime has been quick to pull the trigger on them. It really hasn't been an issue. If anything, it's spiced up a fairly dead forum.

If people have to jump through hoops to get here, they have just as much reason to go somewhere else.

Agree. People already have their own gang forums, what's to stop the whole lot of us from starting our own forum?

With blackjack. And hookers. :cool:

Dipstik
01-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Watching burn complain about "trolls" is funny.

Hero of Time
01-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Hope that's not true. Admin isn't my biggest fan.

mxz
01-18-2013, 10:20 AM
BTW, if this does happen, we're going to need to have an off-site forum set up. The "other" one hasn't worked every time I've tried. Anyone up for creating another one? Or fixing the old one?

cooch
01-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Don't think so...the trolls would go off line and bug you personally if they're w/in your lvls. There are some interesting legal issues (in US) as well such as what if you have a lot of gold before you get the ultimate ban? BTW where's pasta man from Canada?

Dipstik
01-18-2013, 10:22 AM
I go wherever dudeman calls... it sounds like he has the right idea :)

AppleMacGuy
01-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Game ID is already required for new account reg. Also no email is used in game

wrong...it is required for game transfers to another device.

kitzune
01-18-2013, 12:30 PM
A little birdy just told me that everyone will soon have to re-register their forum account using the same email address as they use in-game, and also add their game ID, which will then be cross referenced against data on the game server in order to authenticate and activate their forum account.

Thereafter, temporary forum bans will also mean a temporary game ban, permanent forum bans will mean permanent game bans.

not really if they have more then one device. Also what happens if the troll is a paying customer? I can see issues. NOTE: not a troll but also if I bought cash currency and then was perma banned rightfully or not I would be looking at getting back my money or more.

Game ID is already required for new account reg. Also no email is used in game

wrong...it is required for game transfers to another device.

Also need to have email for being to report issues or tickets in game.

Ragmondino
01-18-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm going with dudeman as well

l1ster
01-18-2013, 03:14 PM
not really if they have more then one device. Also what happens if the troll is a paying customer? I can see issues. NOTE: not a troll but also if I bought cash currency and then was perma banned rightfully or not I would be looking at getting back my money or more.

According to the terms of service, they can terminate your account at any time and I quote:

"In the event your account or access to the Site or Services is terminated or suspended either by you or by Funzio, you will not be entitled to any refund nor will any Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods be credited or reimbursed to you in any form."

Basically, it looks like Gree can do what they like!

EDIT: Personally, I wouldn't have an issue with having my user ID attached to my forum name. Although some of the trolls can be entertaining some are just tedious and make the forum a worse place to visit - does seem to have calmed down though recently.

DragCro
01-18-2013, 03:51 PM
I don't have a problem with that,my email & my codes are already in the register

DragCro
01-18-2013, 03:53 PM
@ snowysnow what are you doing? Take that pic away instant from here! Read regulations!!!!
Do you want a instant ban!

Killshot-CC
01-18-2013, 04:08 PM
A little birdy just told me that everyone will soon have to re-register their forum account using the same email address as they use in-game

That'd be next to impossible for me. I had a hell of a time registering on the forum as it is. What should have been a simple task was excrutiatingly difficult when the verification emails can't get through and no one at Gree seems to give a damn. I had been trying unsuccessfully for two months to get validated. For whatever reason none of the emails would reach my Verizon, 1&1, or Hotmail email addresses (even though support ticket emails never have a problem getting through). I emailed everyone (Contact Us, PM's to the admin & developers, and the app's Contact Support emails), but couldn't even get a simple "hey, I'll look into it." I only just got access today after setting up yet a third forum account and this time using GMAIL, which isn't where my in-game address points. Just like with rooting out the hacker accounts, you can't rely on support and just have to do it yourself. :mad:

Burn
01-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Heh you quoted me while i was nerfing the post ;)

Figured no-one would get it unless they saw the earlier spam post.

Coladonato
01-18-2013, 04:32 PM
That was hilarious Burn!!

Burn
01-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Lol. That's funny.

How's ur Jamaican disease doing? I saw that one yesterday

She's asleep beside me ;)

Coladonato
01-18-2013, 04:50 PM
She's asleep beside me ;)

I'm going to piss my pants if you keep it up!!