PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find rivals with over 1k mafia

TRAZ
01-18-2013, 08:05 AM
What mafia number do you need to be at to see rivals with over 1k mafia size?

Jekevoy
01-18-2013, 08:08 AM
I see them on occasion and I'm at 500

TRAZ
01-18-2013, 08:11 AM
I do remember seeing them, but couldn't remember what my mafia size was at the time. Once I went over 1k though, haven't seen them since.

Babytway
01-18-2013, 08:12 AM
i think you just have to be over 500

Vito Corleone
01-18-2013, 08:23 AM
No I can see people with over 2k mafia size, occasionally, and I'm under 500.

TRAZ
01-18-2013, 08:30 AM
hmmmm....trying to figure out why and where the cutoff starts to happen. I know that when you lower your mafia number those with 500 or more won't see you. Never tried to find those with over 1k or more before and level say 193 - 200.
Rather curious.

Joeycool
01-18-2013, 08:38 AM
I see many of them when the brackets get opened up for PVP events. But that is the only time.

508ish mafia for me.

Got someone in mind for some special treatment Traz??

TRAZ
01-18-2013, 08:39 AM
No. Just never thought to go hunting up there....lol.

You'd think with being over 1k you'd see them as they'd be similar mafia count, but that's not the case. Only Gree knows I figure.

Joeycool
01-18-2013, 08:42 AM
No. Just never thought to go hunting up there....lol.

You'd think with being over 1k you'd see them as they'd be similar mafia count, but that's not the case. Only Gree knows I figure.

Its not a bug! Its a feature!

TRAZ
01-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Its not a bug! Its a feature!

lol...so true.

dudeman
01-18-2013, 08:44 AM
I just took a quick look and I'm seeing from 350-800 with a huge number of 499ers on there (more than I've seen in months). That's the fist time I even open the rivals list in a week, but something is definitely different than it was before I decided to take a break. I'm at 714 btw.

Hoping to get my internet situation fixed soon so I can resume playing normally. Finally telling Rogers to take their garbage service and shove it. Declining service quality with increasing rates... F that.

TRAZ
01-18-2013, 08:50 AM
I just took a quick look and I'm seeing from 350-800 with a huge number of 499ers on there (more than I've seen in months). That's the fist time I even open the rivals list in a week, but something is definitely different than it was before I decided to take a break. I'm at 714 btw.

Hoping to get my internet situation fixed soon so I can resume playing normally. Finally telling Rogers to take their garbage service and shove it. Declining service quality with increasing rates... F that.

I usually see that as well, but good to get a confirmation.

dudeman
01-18-2013, 09:05 AM
I usually see that as well, but good to get a confirmation.

10 days ago I was seeing people with up to 10k+ mafia, but rarely any lower than around 450.

Probably just not a ton of PvP happening these days. If everyone at level 180+ was making full use of their stamina (with a focus on fights), I think we would see not only more variety of mafia sizes but down to lower levels as well. 170s maybe.

Indian bong
01-18-2013, 10:08 AM
I have 285 members in my list including henchmen . . yet i can see rivals with 210 members to rival with much as 3000 members . . I dont think you need to have certain set to view ppl with over 1000 mafia . . its totally random . .

mxz
01-18-2013, 10:11 AM
I have 285 members in my list including henchmen . . yet i can see rivals with 210 members to rival with much as 3000 members . . I dont think you need to have certain set to view ppl with over 1000 mafia . . its totally random . .This.

It's the luck of the draw. The rivals list is screwed up. We've known this (temporarily) since the Halloween tournament and permanently since the Thanksgiving tournament.

cooch
01-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Yeah, when I broke 200 member level a long time ago, came across someone with 8000 members. Was wondering what I was getting into until I looked at their stats.

AppleMacGuy
01-18-2013, 10:35 AM
This.

It's the luck of the draw. The rivals list is screwed up. We've known this (temporarily) since the Halloween tournament and permanently since the Thanksgiving tournament.

ah thnx for the confirmation...I surmised the same but I couldn't remember how long it has been messed up for...yet again :(

bimmer kid
01-18-2013, 11:09 AM
i can confirm that it is indeed messed up. android player here.
as soon as us android players hit 250 mafia, we can see everybody from ~200 to thousands

Burn
01-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Good idea TRAZ, never thought to go hunting upwards.

I've regularly dropped to as low as 50, hunting rats and runaways (and have often bumped into TRAZ doing the same thing) but never increased mob beyond about 520.

I'll be very interested to hear about your findings :)

There is a 'magic' mob count number when you drop down, at which point you have highest possible mob whilst being completely invisible to those with 500+, yet you can still see and hit those with 500+ mob. A lot of Fat Rats now live in that bracket, and hunting there can be highly profitable.

TRAZ
01-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Problem is now that i'm over 1k don't see the 1k+ any more...lol...wohoo....yeah, that's what I wanted....goodness.

OneHoop
01-19-2013, 05:32 PM
If you are asking because of a Championship Round Goals requirement, when it asks you to attack above a certain level that you can not see in your Rivals list, you can fulfill the Goal by attacking Rivals at the maximum number of Mafia available in your Rivals list. There is no need to increase your mafia to complete the goal.

My LV96 M303 character can see only LV95-96 with maximum mafia 480. (=5*96)
My LV81 M216 character can see only LV80-81 with maximum mafia 400. (=5*80)

You'll know for sure what the max is if you get to a Rivals list where they're >50% with that number of mafia (may take way more than 6 refreshes), and the max seems to always be a multiple of 5 times your level(+/-1).

I don't know why anyone would want more than 500 mafia, isn't that still the max for any level? The max for any given level is 5 times your level, so I would suspect that you need to be LV200 to see people with 1000Mafia.

Numbers of Mafia does not seem to affect PvP drop rates. I used to think that it affected the quality of the drops (Bloody AK v. Styr Aug, for instance), but I'm not so sure anymore. As a generalization, people with excessive mafia who are still in my rival list seem to have less of an idea of how to play the game, but even if they're not fully equipped a +180mafia can make them less worthwhile.

There was a big bump between 99-100 mafia because of Movie Theaters, but I didn't notice a corresponding bump for 300mafia (probably because Nightclubs are SO expensive).

M@

OneHoop
01-22-2013, 06:24 AM
Actually, now that I've been paying attention to it, the Rivals list only lists active Mafia, which is the reason that the Rivals are limited to 5xLevel. I haven't confirmed this, but attacking the max is not necessarily sufficient. I hadn't been looking at the full-number mafia in the Rival Profile (just their defense). However, you can "rob" anyone whose active mafia=5x their level and check the Rival Profile. I've seen several with >1000Mafia in this manner. Potentially, if the player understands how mafia work, their active Mafia may be the same number as their full-number mafia. It just so happens that I was able to accomplish Championship Round Goals for higher number mafia because I wasn't paying particular close attention to how many successful attacks versus full-number mafia I needed to accomplish the goal--I just kept attacking the highest mafia visible until I got the goal.

M@

TRAZ
01-22-2013, 06:51 AM
@ OneHoop, I'm not a new player...L200 here...lol. The rivals list is glitched. Those with over 1k mafia should be visible in the rivals list when you're over 500. Question wasn't posted because of any goal requirement, more curious as to what mafia number you'd need to be at to see those with over 1k regularly.