PDA

View Full Version : Is this the reason for the high casualties being experienced by some?

Q Raider
01-18-2013, 01:40 AM
With the update you now get to see your attack score Vs their Defence score.

I did four test attacks on my account that is experiencing the ridiculous loss rates, won each attack, lost a high end unit each time.

Did a comparison on my other account and checked the results.

The account with the extreme losses consistently gave an attack figure that was at best 40% of my indicated attack whilst the opponents Defence score appeared to operate at or higher than their raw figure indicated.

The attack figure returned for this problem account is uncannily close to what my Air attack figures are and, coincidentally my high unit losses are predominantly Air units.

The account that plays normally consistently gave figures which matched or exceeded my indicaed attack strength and the opponents Defence number again returned numbers at or higher than their raw Defence figure.

Might be a good idea for others experiencing the high losses to take note of what number is being returned.

:marine:
01-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Ok... I have 11 allies and only loose 1 unit every 10 attacks and I got 15 super hornets and never loose them same with other valor units I only have 6-8 indestructible units.
so I think the less allies the less units you loose?
I don't know I only went up to 59 allies and loose units like crazy and went down again so I never really tested it.

Hivesy
01-18-2013, 02:04 AM
Good points Q, sounds like that might be it. Wouldn't surprise me. Will start logging this.

mikebarth1955
01-18-2013, 03:26 AM
With the update you now get to see your attack score Vs their Defence score.

I did four test attacks on my account that is experiencing the ridiculous loss rates, won each attack, lost a high end unit each time.

Did a comparison on my other account and checked the results.

The account with the extreme losses consistently gave an attack figure that was at best 40% of my indicated attack whilst the opponents Defence score appeared to operate at or higher than their raw figure indicated.

The attack figure returned for this problem account is uncannily close to what my Air attack figures are and, coincidentally my high unit losses are predominantly Air units.

The account that plays normally consistently gave figures which matched or exceeded my indicaed attack strength and the opponents Defence number again returned numbers at or higher than their raw Defence figure.

Might be a good idea for others experiencing the high losses to take note of what number is being returned.

I did a couple of hundred test attacks and recorded the results. My attack score averages about 3% higher than the unboosted attack score that my allies and rivals see, and is 12,000 lower than the score that shows up in my profile. That would be consistent with the 3% attack boost from a tank I won back in the summer, but inconsistent with the score I would think that I would see with the aircraft hangers, naval research center, etc. The scores for 90% of my rivals has been fairly close to the defense score that shows in their profile. The one big difference I noted was a player that had a Level 10 Composite.

I heartily endorse your suggestion for players to log the results. The only times I have lost (6 times out of 200 or so) has been when the Attack score in that battle screen is lower than the Defense score in that battle screen.

Sanuden
01-18-2013, 05:39 AM
Q, I can confirm what you are seeing; I've been getting crazy high casualty rates and my attack score listed in the combat results window is considerably (approx. 40-50%) below what my actual stats should be.

mickymacirl
01-18-2013, 06:15 AM
Certainly makes sense to me, looks like boosts are working intermittently

Poopenshire
01-18-2013, 06:24 AM
Admitt it, you were just attacked by Micky, and with his brute force you just lose everything.

Domino_brown
01-18-2013, 06:29 AM
I think people often overlook the 'strong against' modifier . My understanding is one 'strong against air' woul take 1/4 off the a/d of one opposing air unit. Some people (like myself) have built there armies around this.

Hivesy
01-18-2013, 06:47 AM
Interesting Domino, I for one never factor that in. Where did you hear that the 25% reduction theory? If that was true it could have a huge effect.

Beastmaster
01-18-2013, 06:49 AM
I have a boosted A about 100k (raw A ~75k). Been suffering from the recent casualty glitch, always losing units even against players with D ~ 1/10 of my A.

After this 3.5 update, Attack in the battle result from raiding shows ~80% of my boosted A, but Attack in the battle result from icon/player attack shows only ~50% of my boosted A. This was tested against a few players with D ~ 6k.

Are the boosts working backwards? Even then, the abnormally high casualty cannot be justified.

Calculations in this game are seeeriously garbled.

Deskjockey
01-18-2013, 07:54 AM
I'm seeing the same thing as Beastmaster over the course of 30 battles. This is completely screwed up and will significantly hobble many of us during WD. My 73k attack score is being nerfed to around 33k. Gree screwed the pooch on this one.