PDA

View Full Version : Battle For Brazil, 1-18 to 1-23!! Additional Details Inside!

Pages : [1] 2 3

CJ54
01-17-2013, 03:06 PM
The Battle for Brazil is almost upon us. This event, the first of the World Domination events, will start at 9 AM PST on 1/18 and end Wednesday 1/23 at 12 noon PST.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support and feedback, and also to offer some helpful tips to get the most out of the event:

The Matching System:

During the event, your faction will be able to Declare War. Doing this will tell the system "We're ready for a fight", and the system will start looking for another faction to pair you with. Declaring war will cost one fortification. The system looks at the following to determine an appropriate foe:

1: The overall strength of your faction: The sum of your faction's power will be compared to the sum of the other faction's power when looking for potential match-ups.

2: The Faction's WD Rank: This is based on how well you are doing in the contest.

3: How many match-ups you have had with the guild during the event.

The system will spend 20 minutes looking for a match-up. As this time goes on, the parameters will relax slightly. If a match-up is not found in 20 minutes, your guild will have to declare war again and the system will start looking again.

When a match-up is made, a special UI will come up that will allow you to attack the other faction's members (starting with the defense leader if he has not been defeated). You will have one hour after the match-up starts to attack the other faction, during which time the other faction will also be attacking you. For this reason, it is very important to coordinate war declarations with your faction to maximize the number of people online during an attack.

What to do in the case of a difficult match-up:

Due to the above system, you may face a variety of overall power levels (although they should be fairly close, especially as the event goes on). If you get a difficult match-up, you can attack the Command Center of the other faction instead of the players. This will result in less points per attack, but remember that it will take more than a single match-up to decide the Battle for Brazil. The winning factions will be the ones that have the most World Domination points at the end, which means the prizes for this event will ultimately go to the most dedicated and best organized.

A new update will be required to see the event tomorrow:

You will have to download a new update to participate, and that update is currently being prepped (i.e. it is not in the App Store yet). As soon as it is released, we will post on the forums to announce it so that everyone can download the update.

If anyone has any additional questions, I will do my best to answer them today.

Jhenry02
01-17-2013, 03:14 PM
So we have gone from a 72 hour event to 5 days?
I dunno how many people prepped for 72 hours worth of forts.

-J

Baraka
01-17-2013, 03:15 PM
So we could be stuck trying to find a match for hours upon end. If he system doesn't find a games first time it's more than likely not the next time.

Plus the matching basically says one of the worst factions could win as they will be fighting just as bad factions. We could have a really bad faction winning this in my eyes.

nic4msu
01-17-2013, 03:19 PM
CJ, will be able to purchase additional fortifications throughout the event -- particularly now that it will start sooner & last much longer than originally anticipated? We had always been told that this was a 3-day battle starting 1/19.

Also, does the Defense Leader need to be in-game for the battle, or can a designated faction defense leader be selected for the entire run, even when they are not in-game?

Can the defense leader counter-attack? If the other team's defense leader still stands, can your defense leader be among those attacking the other team's defense leader? Would doing so weaken your defense leader, making him easier to defeat?

Can members join the attack mid-war (say 15 minutes after it starts, or must they all start together)? Can they leave & re-enter (like in the boss events)?

manbeast
01-17-2013, 03:19 PM
so excited!

Thief
01-17-2013, 03:20 PM
CJ:

Can you Confirm that we will be able to purchase Upgrades and Fortifications During the Event?

Does it matter who wins/looses an individual battle? Obviously the winner accumulated more points but do they get anything for that?

Since this will be based on Health will our health start at 100% at the start of each battle? Or will we have to wait a certain amount of time for it to re-charge like the Boss Battles?

How are WD Points Calculated? Lets say the fortifications are down and the Defense Leader is Defeated. Do i get more point for attacking Opponents that are Stronger or does it not matter? Is it based on my attack only?

Dr. Dengus
01-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Declaring war will cost one fortification ... If a match-up is not found in 20 minutes, your guild will have to declare war again and the system will start looking again.

So will a fortification be used up if war is declared and a match-up isn't found?

And wow, was expecting this to just be a weekend event, but running it through Wednesday is going to be pretty intense.

Arizona
01-17-2013, 03:22 PM
This looks like fun; but expect a lot of teething problems at first. Let's hope it goes smoothly.

albeezy
01-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Double the amount of event time on me huh? I smell a gold sale on the horizon!

Ranger4Life
01-17-2013, 03:29 PM
5 days is simply too long! The unemployed and retired will have an unfair advantage over the current contributors to society.

CJ54
01-17-2013, 03:31 PM
So we could be stuck trying to find a match for hours upon end. If he system doesn't find a games first time it's more than likely not the next time.

We'll be on monitoring, and also if it boots you after 20 minutes it weights you higher in the list the next time around.

nic4msu
01-17-2013, 03:39 PM
5 days is simply too long! The unemployed and retired will have an unfair advantage over the current contributors to society.

This also evens the playing field a bit, as the unemployed, retired & disabled cannot afford gold purchases to supplement their armies, bases, boosts & stamina.

Vertex
We'll be on monitoring, and also if it boots you after 20 minutes it weights you higher in the list the next time around.

If you get booted from the system, will the "Declaring war" still cost 1 fortification? That would seem kind of unfair.

Poopenshire
What about factions with Beta testers.who have been sharing details and information. Will they be handicapped?

Fl@sh
01-17-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm gonna need more vacation for this...

Dutchie
01-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Will you lose the fortification if you're not matched?

5 days is way too long... I think I'm getting ill <cough> <cough>

You're really keeping us on the edge of our seats here! This will be on a wing and a prayer!

Selfproclaimed
01-17-2013, 03:50 PM
What about hackers/ hackers in groups? I know right here in the forum, we can discover very questionable factions. Do yous have a team to hunt these people down or are these people going unnoticed?

Baraka
01-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Cheers for that CJ.

mxz
01-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Do attacks (offensive/defensive) add to stats: Fights Won / Fights lost?

What kind of XP is "earned"? At what points and how much of it?

Dutchie
01-17-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm gonna need more vacation for this...

I'm gonna need a vacation after the event to recover! Might as well hand in my notice now :)

Dutchie
01-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Cheers for that CJ.

We might be lucky in the sense that we get snowed in for the next 5 days! You know what this county is like and with plenty of snow falling tonight/tomorrow...

BigD@wg
01-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Well here is my 2cents:

Seems the strategy to pummel your opponents should be very simple considering the match-ups are based on overall strength (assuming that is the strength level at moment you declare war).

As I see it all you need is for each member to have few thousand allies requests in reserve. Drop allies down before each battle and then after the battle starts take about 5-10 minutes to up allies and then crush every opponent. That is assuming Gree didnt factor in extrapolating the army strength of each player in a faction at max allies (I'm betting they didn't or can't). Probably be good idea to leave defense leader at max strength to give others in faction time to beef up.

I could be wrong but I guess everyone can let me know how it went when it's over. :)

chbranch
01-17-2013, 04:34 PM
What about factions with Beta testers.who have been sharing details and information. Will they be handicapped?

I don't think the full WD event actually tested.

Ferr
01-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Guys, i hate to say this, this whole WD event is not about stats........
A prophecy: gree is going to have a turnover the coming 5 days that equals a 6 month period or even more

CJ54
01-17-2013, 04:44 PM
In answer to a couple of questions:

-Fortifications are only used when the war between two factions officially starts, so it won't cost you one if the system can't find anybody in 20 minutes.

-The defense leader doesn't have to be online during the attack, he just has to be appointed. If he is online, he can attack the other defense leader like any other player. His shields start at 100 every round. The faction vs. faction UI does include a health meter like the epic boss for attacks, that replenishes at 1 per minute.

-You don't get more points for attacking a stronger opponent (or a weaker one, for that matter). Good strategy would be to coordinate your hits.

Seems the strategy to pummel your opponents should be very simple considering the match-ups are based on overall strength (assuming that is the strength level at moment you declare war).

As I see it all you need is for each member to have few thousand allies requests in reserve. Drop allies down before each battle and then after the battle starts take about 5-10 minutes to up allies and then crush every opponent. That is assuming Gree didnt factor in extrapolating the army strength of each player in a faction at max allies (I'm betting they didn't or can't). Probably be good idea to leave defense leader at max strength to give others in faction time to beef up.

Remember, the system weights for WD points, too. This strategy may or may not work in a limited fashion (we'll be interested to see, too), but you may find yourself suddenly matched up against strong opponents while you're weak, and if they unload in full force while you're back in another screen accepting those allies...

Deskjockey
01-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Call me suspicious, but I'm thinking part of the reason the event got extended to five days and moved up was because many factions already had or were close to having 72 level 10 forts, and that, my friends, is not good for business. Just like some new boosts were introduced because some factions were maxed out, or close to maxing out, on their upgrades. Extending the inaugural run--especially of a buggy, untestested piece of software that, by the admission of the company that made it, was not ready for prime time (thus the reason for the initial delay)--makes no sense otherwise. This is all about maximizing cash flow, even if it means the event itself may be completely fubar. I for one expect a seething mass of angry comments in the forum come Wednesday evening. Sorry for being a party pooper, but I had to get this off my chest.

Baraka
01-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Has everyone's screen gone a horrible white instead of the black. It's giving me a headache.

BigD@wg
01-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Guys, i hate to say this, this whole WD event is not about stats........
A prophecy: gree is going to have a turnover the coming 5 days that equals a 6 month period or even more

It would appear that a low level, low stat faction could easily score a lot of WD points depending on their auto selected match-ups. Might be a lot of sleepy people after this marathon event is over. No sleep for those that are to be Victorious!

Edit:
Which based on CJs latest comment, the accumulation of WD points could apparently get you pummeled in the later rounds when selections could easily get you thrown in the ring with a monster faction. Ooopsy :) I can't wait to hear all about it.

Baraka
01-17-2013, 04:48 PM
It would appear that a low level, low stat faction could easily score a lot of WD points depending on their auto selected match-ups. Might be a lot of sleepy people after this marathon event is over. No sleep for those that are to be Victorious!like I said. Someone really crap could easily win this without trying.

Genen
01-17-2013, 04:55 PM
1. CJ we got set of new bonuses available today. What role if any they will play in upcoming battle?
2. After factions matched will the members of rivals factions revealed to each other?
3. Is it any penalty if after matched up factions decided not to fight each other?
4. Do the individual stats of the attackers play role when attacking fortifications and command center of the rival faction?
5. When attacking fortifications and command center of the rival faction can you incur casualties like in PvP battles?

BigD@wg
01-17-2013, 04:55 PM
like I said. Someone really crap could easily win this without trying.

Seems possible. I am still curious about casualties. 5 day marathon of PVP-type attacks. Sounds like a bloodbath for the non-golden armies!

Dutchie
01-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Has everyone's screen gone a horrible white instead of the black. It's giving me a headache.

It won't be just the screen tomorrow! I've stocked up on baked beans :)

Procyon
01-17-2013, 05:02 PM

Yes and I'm having the same reaction to it. Glad I'm not the only one.

Procyon
01-17-2013, 05:03 PM
...The unemployed and retired will have an unfair advantage over the current contributors to society.

Might be the best post I've seen in a very long time.

Maestro
01-17-2013, 05:04 PM
A lot of people are expecting it to start on the 19th. There should be a splash screen soon to let them know of the change. If not there may be a lot of complaints.

nic4msu
01-17-2013, 05:16 PM

YES! I thought it was part of a conspiracy to take down our faction's team leader -- I suffer from severe migraines & too much of this will definitely trigger one!

Poopenshire
01-17-2013, 05:27 PM
I want to repeat, my question about Beta Testers who ahve been sharing detailed information with their Faction including screen shots and strategy which most other Factions will not have access to? What will be done with them?

BigD@wg
01-17-2013, 05:31 PM
I want to repeat, my question about Beta Testers who ahve been sharing detailed information with their Faction including screen shots and strategy which most other Factions will not have access to? What will be done with them?

IMO- they shouldn't be allowed to compete in this first battle.

Warfiend
01-17-2013, 05:35 PM
5 days? I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

So now I have to choose whether my marriage and business is more important to me than winning Brazil.

I've been tired of my business for a while, but I'm sure going to miss my wife.

Vballmadam
01-17-2013, 05:36 PM
IMO- they shouldn't be allowed to compete in this first battle.

I whole heartily agree!

LeBarticus
01-17-2013, 05:39 PM
It costs a fortification to go to war. Will it take lower level forts first?

Sorry if this has been covered, didn't see it.

Peppers
01-17-2013, 05:40 PM
I could sure use some screen shots ...

Hey Gree, why not post some screen shots along with your instructions so the rest of us know what is going on??

mikebarth1955
01-17-2013, 05:46 PM
I think I will go down to my refrigerator and get some cheese to go with all of this whine...

Warfiend
01-17-2013, 05:50 PM
I think I will go down to my refrigerator and get some cheese to go with all of this whine...

Oh good, bring us some beer too.

CJ54
01-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Some additional questions/answers:

1: CJ we got set of new bonuses available today. What role if any they will play in upcoming battle?
2. After factions matched will the members of rivals factions revealed to each other?
3. Is it any penalty if after matched up factions decided not to fight each other?
4. Do the individual stats of the attackers play role when attacking fortifications and command center of the rival faction?
5. When attacking fortifications and command center of the rival faction can you incur casualties like in PvP battles?

1. No direct role. It will indirectly make your faction members stronger though, which can affect battle outcomes.
2. Yes
3. No
4. Yes, the higher the attack, the more damage to the fortification you'll do and the more points you'll get.
5. No.

Morphlingman
01-17-2013, 06:46 PM
CJ you still have not answered if fortifications and bonuses can be purchased while the event is on, or even while a war is underway with another faction.

Morphlingman
01-17-2013, 06:51 PM
your starting this event tomorrow and we don't even have the update yet

Genen
01-17-2013, 06:54 PM

1: CJ we got set of new bonuses available today. What role if any they will play in upcoming battle?

1. No direct role. It will indirectly make your faction members stronger though, which can affect battle outcomes.
2. Yes
3. No
4. Yes, the higher the attack, the more damage to the fortification you'll do and the more points you'll get.
5. No.

CJ additional questions about new bonuses. If I read your response right the new bonuses will affect on the stats of individual factions members. Our faction bought several of these bonuses, but stats of the members did not change. Could you please clarify these issue?

Morphlingman
01-17-2013, 07:06 PM
yes please explain that too

are they "invisible"

chimera69
01-17-2013, 07:15 PM
You stated that an update is required to play the Battle for Brazil, & it is not in the App Store yet. What about our Android players? Will that same required update be available in the Google Play Store for them at approximately the same time as ios users are able to update?

Gree has been notoriously consistent in lagging behind (sometimes massively) in having android & ios users play the same events, etc. (not to mention all the extra glitches). So, I don't think my concerns are at all unfounded.

Thief
01-17-2013, 07:18 PM
CJ Perhaps you overlooked my Questions on the first page....

Can you Confirm that we will be able to purchase Upgrades and Fortifications During the Event?

Does it matter who wins/looses an individual battle? Obviously the winner accumulated more points but do they get anything for that?

Since this will be based on Health will our health start at 100% at the start of each battle? Or will we have to wait a certain amount of time for it to re-charge like the Boss Battles?

If i have a higher attack then i have the potential to get more WD points in PVP right?

Sugarymama
01-17-2013, 07:19 PM

I was thinking the same damn thing. Some of us have jobs to go to...not to mention a life to live...lol.

Morphlingman
01-17-2013, 07:32 PM
i hope this dose not turn into a Cluster F...

double dan
01-17-2013, 07:54 PM

2. Yes
3. No
5. No.

CJ,

You mention that the individual stats of the attackers play a role when attacking, but is it going to be like a boss event?

For example, someone at level 160 with the same stats of somebody at level 90, does not get the same boss to fight. The boss is usually easier for the person at level 90 than the person at level 160, even though their stats are the same.

So will the fortifications/command center/rivals be set up in the same way, where 2 people with the same stats, but at different levels will not get the same outcome?

V/R,

-DD

nic4msu
01-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Are we able to attack any player in the faction we are battling, or only those who are in-game at the time?

Archer59
01-17-2013, 08:18 PM
5 days? I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

So now I have to choose whether my marriage and business is more important to me than winning Brazil.

I've been tired of my business for a while, but I'm sure going to miss my wife.Now THAT is funny!

BigD@wg
01-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Are we able to attack any player in the faction we are battling, or only those who are in-game at the time?

Maybe CJ will answer but as I have understood from other comments he has made:
Once the defense leader is taken down, anyone in the faction is fair game to be attacked at that point. If your faction declares war, and you aren't online, defense leader goes down, you can be attacked.

Dirk Durbin37
01-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Will Factions lose money from the Faction Bank during attacks?
Will individuals lose money from their own vaults?

Very happy to hear no casualties will take place during this. Always wondered what having the no no glitch would feel like.

nic4msu
01-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Very happy to hear no casualties will take place during this. Always wondered what having the no no glitch would feel like.

I hope that's the case, but the answer only referred to casualties from attacking fortifications and communication centers. I don't believe CJ has suggested there will be no casualties from the attacks between players during the battles. I'm inclined to think that casualties are likely during player on player battle attacks, given the very expensive casualty boost bonus available for purchase by the factions.

BigD@wg
01-17-2013, 08:35 PM
CJ did answer my question regarding casualties in a different thread. His post above was pertaining only to attacks on fortifications and command centers. He stated previously that defense leaders will endure casualties but be buffered slightly since they will endure all the initial attacks. Once the defense leader is defeated, the other members are exposed. When a player is directly attacked they can and/or will endure casualties (not buffered). He said standard PVP casualty rates will apply (unless that has changed since couple days ago).

In case you want to see CJs actual response questions to regarding casualties:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43517-World-Domination-Planned-Release-Date-Weekend-of-1-19-13/page17

general_J
01-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Warfiend, omg, that will have me laughing for ages.

whiskeybravo
01-17-2013, 08:46 PM
So this starts tomorrow, but the update isn't even out yet and you guys are still working on it? Sounds like a well though out plan.

Speed ump
01-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Mmm, and what do we do if 9 am pst ones with no update? Lets all agree to start the war in the game, and everyone attack everyone all at the same time. Oh, we already do that.

CosmicSquirrel
01-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Does the main defender's personal defense strength get used at all before the 100 defense points are used up?

brian14
01-17-2013, 09:05 PM
The Battle for Brazil is almost upon us. This event, the first of the World Domination events, will start at 9 AM PST on 1/18 and end Wednesday 1/23 at 12 noon PST.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support and feedback, and also to offer some helpful tips to get the most out of the event:

The Matching System:

During the event, your faction will be able to Declare War. Doing this will tell the system "We're ready for a fight", and the system will start looking for another faction to pair you with. Declaring war will cost one fortification. The system looks at the following to determine an appropriate foe:

1: The overall strength of your faction: The sum of your faction's power will be compared to the sum of the other faction's power when looking for potential match-ups.

2: The Faction's WD Rank: This is based on how well you are doing in the contest.

3: How many match-ups you have had with the guild during the event.

The system will spend 20 minutes looking for a match-up. As this time goes on, the parameters will relax slightly. If a match-up is not found in 20 minutes, your guild will have to declare war again and the system will start looking again.

When a match-up is made, a special UI will come up that will allow you to attack the other faction's members (starting with the defense leader if he has not been defeated). You will have one hour after the match-up starts to attack the other faction, during which time the other faction will also be attacking you. For this reason, it is very important to coordinate war declarations with your faction to maximize the number of people online during an attack.

What to do in the case of a difficult match-up:

Due to the above system, you may face a variety of overall power levels (although they should be fairly close, especially as the event goes on). If you get a difficult match-up, you can attack the Command Center of the other faction instead of the players. This will result in less points per attack, but remember that it will take more than a single match-up to decide the Battle for Brazil. The winning factions will be the ones that have the most World Domination points at the end, which means the prizes for this event will ultimately go to the most dedicated and best organized.

A new update will be required to see the event tomorrow:

You will have to download a new update to participate, and that update is currently being prepped (i.e. it is not in the App Store yet). As soon as it is released, we will post on the forums to announce it so that everyone can download the update.

If anyone has any additional questions, I will do my best to answer them today.

This is basically giving strong factions no advantage at all. Players with hundreds of thousands of attack and defense will be matched up with players just as strong, making all pf their hard work pointless. This allows weak players to do just as good as strong dedicated players. Bogus

nic4msu
01-17-2013, 09:08 PM
CJ did answer my question regarding casualties in a different thread. His post above was pertaining only to attacks on fortifications and command centers. He stated previously that defense leaders will endure casualties but be buffered slightly since they will endure all the initial attacks. Once the defense leader is defeated, the other members are exposed. When a player is directly attacked they can and/or will endure casualties (not buffered). He said standard PVP casualty rates will apply (unless that has changed since couple days ago).

In case you want to see CJs actual response questions to regarding casualties:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43517-World-Domination-Planned-Release-Date-Weekend-of-1-19-13/page17

I wonder - did he mean standard two weeks ago regular casualty rates, or standard PvP tournament from last weekend mass casualty rates?

nic4msu
01-17-2013, 09:11 PM
This is basically giving strong factions no advantage at all. Players with hundreds of thousands of attack and defense will be matched up with players just as strong, making all pf their hard work pointless. This allows weak players to do just as good as strong dedicated players. Bogus

Those are the same rules as the PvP tournaments, and somehow the strong still survived. In fact, the strong still have the edge here in later rounds when WD points start to factor in more than stats.

Dirk Durbin37
01-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Ok so if it's normal casualty rates, this will be devastating. One thing I don't understand is how the individual player levels will come into play. In a War after the defense leader is defeated, everyone can attack any player on the other side right? So a level 200 player can make quick work of a level 50 player. Imagine those unit loses.

Q Raider
01-17-2013, 09:25 PM
I wonder....

If the players in the war are taken out of the main game or if they will be susceptible to attacks from there as well?

If the twenty hit maximum applies or could a player be pummeled for the entire hour if the opposition chose to do so?

albeezy
01-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Mmm, and what do we do if 9 am pst ones with no update? Lets all agree to start the war in the game, and everyone attack everyone all at the same time. Oh, we already do that.

Not that you will need it, but good luck to you and your faction SPEEDY!

Speed ump
01-17-2013, 09:40 PM
I'll take luck beezy. Though it does help to be good too.

Col.34w
01-17-2013, 11:39 PM
Just updated. Awesome rewards! Tick tick tick tick tick

Dopfer
01-17-2013, 11:51 PM
12 hours... Going to be ridiculous :)

joshdavidson12345
01-17-2013, 11:58 PM
If the system doesn't find you an enemy in 20 minutes Ferr's team would've probably picked up another 1000 wins! Don't think it will be totally fair but whatever. I'm not participating:) good luck all!!!!

CJ54
01-18-2013, 12:12 AM
Hey all, some more answers from one of the head developers:

Q: CJ you still have not answered if fortifications and bonuses can be purchased while the event is on, or even while a war is underway with another faction.

A: Factions can purchase new walls/fortifications whenever. However, if you are currently in a war and do not have a fortification, purchasing one will not apply it to that war.

Q: CJ additional questions about new bonuses. If I read your response right the new bonuses will affect on the stats of individual factions members. Our faction bought several of these bonuses, but stats of the members did not change. Could you please clarify these issue?

A: should see the increased stats in their Battle Results after they get the update.

Q: Can you Confirm that we will be able to purchase Upgrades and Fortifications During the Event?

A: Yes, you just can't upgrade the fortification you are currently using in a war.

Q:Does it matter who wins/looses an individual battle? Obviously the winner accumulated more points but do they get anything for that?

A: They don't get anything besides the WD points, but that is the point: to accumulate WD points.

Q: Since this will be based on Health will our health start at 100% at the start of each battle? Or will we have to wait a certain amount of time for it to re-charge like the Boss Battles?

A: No, health will be the same as for epic bosses, and regenerate 1 per minute.

Q: If i have a higher attack then i have the potential to get more WD points in PVP right?

A: You do in the sense that you are more likely to beat your opponent. But that won't affect how many points you get. Higher attack will however result in more damage to fortifications/command centers, and thus result in more points from attacking those targets.

Q: So will the fortifications/command center/rivals be set up in the same way, where 2 people with the same stats, but at different levels will not get the same outcome?

A: There is no splitting by level for the World Domination event.

Q:Are we able to attack any player in the faction we are battling, or only those who are in-game at the time?

A: Any player in the faction can be attacked.

Q: Does the main defender's personal defense strength get used at all before the 100 defense points are used up?

A: The defense leader's defense still determines whether he wins or loses a fight (which determines how fast those defense points go down.)

Concern: This is basically giving strong factions no advantage at all. Players with hundreds of thousands of attack and defense will be matched up with players just as strong, making all of their hard work pointless. This allows weak players to do just as good as strong dedicated players.

A: Strong factions have the advantage of doing more damage to the fortifications, thereby increasing their capacity to earn points. And factions will be matched up by both strength and rank, so even if a weaker faction gets high up in the rankings, it should eventually start getting matched up with stronger factions.

Also, please note that although one of the pop-ups says the event starts at noon, the actual start time is 9 AM as stated in the first post.

Dutchie
01-18-2013, 12:39 AM
Thanks CJ!

HGF69
01-18-2013, 01:01 AM
CJ can we change defence leaders at any time or between battles? Or is that person defence leader for the entire war 5 days?

HGF69
01-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Q: CJ additional questions about new bonuses. If I read your response right the new bonuses will affect on the stats of individual factions members. Our faction bought several of these bonuses, but stats of the members did not change. Could you please clarify these issue?

A: should see the increased stats in their Battle Results after they get the update.

No change on my stats and we've bought loads.

Sugarymama
01-18-2013, 01:32 AM
Double the amount of event time on me huh? I smell a gold sale on the horizon!

You were right. Just saw the splash screen for 40% off. These are some real gangstas running this game...smh. Lol.

Major Elvis Newton
01-18-2013, 07:40 AM
So wait, the whole faction war thing hasn't actually started yet? I thought I read a splash screen that said it was starting and we had to nominate a leader or something. I don't get it.

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 09:11 AM
I don't see any option to go to war?

CJ54
01-18-2013, 09:16 AM
Android hit some last-minute delays and will be out around noon, so not much time lost (we're working on it over here now). The ticket in the game is wrong on the time, the event ends on 1/23 at noon and we'll be adjusting the ticker shortly.

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 09:17 AM
I'm so tired of us being the red headed step child man, so not fair, I spend alot of time and money with this game :( Why do you guys always have problems with and fix android stuff last

Richie.
01-18-2013, 09:27 AM
its a poor show tbh...how long does a company need to get things right

CJ54
01-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Just posted over in the other thread, but wanted to let you know here too:

A big part of the reason Android tends to come out a little later is due to the fact that there's about 100 devices compared to about a tenth of that number, and we do our best to make sure new features work across all those devices whenever possible.

In this case, this is the first time we've released a brand new feature for Android/iOS at just about the same time, so we're monitoring that carefully. We can't wait on both because the way the system is currently set up, we have to deploy iOS first (that's why even for established stuff, droid tends to be 1-2 hours later).

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Doesn't make sense why you have to push ios first but i'll take your word for it.. I'm the faction leader, we are supposedly at war and I can't see or do anything :( Frustrating

CJ54
01-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Doesn't make sense why you have to push ios first but i'll take your word for it.. I'm the faction leader, we are supposedly at war and I can't see or do anything :( Frustrating

It has to do with the way we built Android onto the existing framework; it's something that we have been steadily working on to the point that we've gotten it down to a ridiculously shorter time than it used to be (when we first launched MWA, we had to hold separate events a week apart), and it's something we'll keep working on. We definitely understand the importance here of getting it out as close to each other as possible, and we're working on it.

Ferr
01-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Cj WD is not working for my faction. We have declared war an hour ago. Its stuck....

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 09:43 AM
CJ thanks for replying, please check your PMs too, appreciate ya

Sounds like you built an ios platform game, and adapted android to run on it.. I really hope you guys fix this where we are equals, just found out ios players have been getting 40% off gold this morn and we don't

Mudphud
01-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Cj WD is not working for my faction. We have declared war an hour ago. Its stuck....

Our faction has the same problem CJ. Does the matching algorithm take into account the time that war was declared? If so, are most factions stuck in a long queue due to an unusually large number of almost simultaneous requests? If this is the case, how long will it take to clear the queue.

CJ54
01-18-2013, 09:46 AM

Hey Ferr, we're looking into it now, check your email since I just responded to your ticket.

Our faction has the same problem CJ. Does the matching algorithm take into account the time that war was declared? If so, are most factions stuck in a long queue due to an unusually large number of almost simultaneous requests? If this is the case, how long will it take to clear the queue.

Checking into this one too.

albeezy
01-18-2013, 09:49 AM
It is also buggy as all get out. I have to attack someone 20 times to get one attack. I either get an error saying I need to be in a faction to participate in WD or updating event data!

Mudphud
01-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Hey Ferr, we're looking into it now, check your email since I just responded to your ticket.

Checking into this one too.

Thanks CJ. We are now at war.

soulnmysole
01-18-2013, 10:04 AM
What happens with factions with only 1 member?

Genghis13
01-18-2013, 10:06 AM
I have an android phone. I have been repeatedly trying to get into the faction area and the app just hangs and I eventually have to force the app to close. Any suggestions anyone?

josempolo
01-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Same problem, no update, and frezzes when I try to enter to faction. I try to reiniciate and even can enter to MW, just a black screen.... thtas terrible after a month of preparations....

frevreagle
01-18-2013, 10:17 AM
I can't even click the faction button. It just freezes the game... What am I supposed to do?

CJ54
01-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Hey guys, we're investigating the long queing times right now. Send us in a ticket if you're seeing wait times of more than 20 minutes without being booted so we can look at your info.

SuperSonic Chimp
01-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Cj...I'm trying to remain calm here.....what is Gree going to do to fix this?!! I have taken losses for something I can't even see! I have faction members who don't quite understand what's going on and blaming the leadership. I can't give them answers without hearing from you guys....WTF IS GOING ON?!! This shouldve been postponed! Every Android user just became a practice round for iOS users!This is nowhere remotely close to fair and completely unacceptable! We didn't even get any updates from your end until 8 minutes before the event starts!!! I can't communicate to 28 people in that short of time. For all you guys hard work and ours (I haven't even been to sleep yet.....) this has been an utter disappointment and I will be appointing a new leader to this faction and removing this game from my phone. I will not spend another dime on your guys!

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Completely Agree

Cj...I'm trying to remain calm here.....what is Gree going to do to fix this?!! I have taken losses for something I can't even see! I have faction members who don't quite understand what's going on and blaming the leadership. I can't give them answers without hearing from you guys....WTF IS GOING ON?!! This shouldve been postponed! Every Android user just became a practice round for iOS users!This is nowhere remotely close to fair and completely unacceptable! We didn't even get any updates from your end until 8 minutes before the event starts!!! I can't communicate to 28 people in that short of time. For all you guys hard work and ours (I haven't even been to sleep yet.....) this has been an utter disappointment and I will be appointing a new leader to this faction and removing this game from my phone. I will not spend another dime on your guys!

mxz
01-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Cj...I'm trying to remain calm here.....what is Gree going to do to fix this?!! I have taken losses for something I can't even see! I have faction members who don't quite understand what's going on and blaming the leadership. I can't give them answers without hearing from you guys....WTF IS GOING ON?!! This shouldve been postponed! Every Android user just became a practice round for iOS users!This is nowhere remotely close to fair and completely unacceptable! We didn't even get any updates from your end until 8 minutes before the event starts!!! I can't communicate to 28 people in that short of time. For all you guys hard work and ours (I haven't even been to sleep yet.....) this has been an utter disappointment and I will be appointing a new leader to this faction and removing this game from my phone. I will not spend another dime on your guys!This is on you, bud. Why did you have your members declare war without you?

You should have had them hold off until you were able to get there. It isn't Gree's fault that you did not instruct your members to wait for the Android update. Stop whining, because no one's at fault except yourself. CJ made it perfectly clear you wouldn't have the update until after the event started.

commander Don
01-18-2013, 10:34 AM
no android users can enter the faction section. I know your up against it but please fix so I can at least communicate

thx

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 10:35 AM
What's the status of getting Android fixed and into the fight? You need to compensate Android players

SuperSonic Chimp
01-18-2013, 10:36 AM
This is on you, bud. Why did you have your members declare war without you?

You should have had them hold off until you were able to get there. It isn't Gree's fault that you did not instruct your members to wait for the Android update. Stop whining, because no one's at fault except yourself. CJ made it perfectly clear you wouldn't have the update until after the event started.

Sir, I did. But somewhere in the time i read the update from cj, and noon....someone got twitchy I guess. No worries there...i got on my faction about that as well. It's a communication issue...it trickles down. We got it late from Gree....my faction got it late from me. I accept responsibility for not getting it to them faster....but Im scouring this forum, just to get back to my phone and tell them. it's not perfect science. Especially when I have to reboot my phone every 6 minutes. Good day.

Baraka
01-18-2013, 10:37 AM
The health regen is so slow. I hate to say this but it really is a massive money maker. Your only going to do well if you so d gold. There isn't even the wait 26 mins option for two hits.

Poopenshire
01-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Hackers Everywhere.

2 Factions in a row and 2 Hackers in a Row! this works well!

joshdavidson12345
01-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Hackers Everywhere.2 Factions in a row and 2 Hackers in a Row! this works well!lol. Where is nakedcherrpie when you need him;)

soulnmysole
01-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Good job Gree!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m19z7gpA1i1rnimpto1_500.gif

Ferr
01-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Jezus what a mess...

albeezy
01-18-2013, 10:47 AM
I have a feeling that the wait times to be paired are going to change the outcome of the event. If you have wait 20+ miunutes after every battle to find a rival while others don't, you are screwed! You lose a 1 hour battle every 4 hours. that can mean millions of lost WD points over 5 days...

SuperSonic Chimp
01-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Well...finally got the "40% off sale" tab! Swell!

manbeast
01-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Our "main" tab is broken. only shows the most recent attack. only 1 player at a time

I am told other factions "main" tab shows a full member list with total WD points and win/loss?

Madcowdave
01-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Hackers Everywhere.

If you see a hacker TAKE A SCREEN SHOT and submit it to support. Or better yet, post it on the forum. Is that against the forum rules? I'd like to see hackers called out publically.

However CJ has already said that the vast majority of hacker accusations are false, they turn out to be legit players (probably just spent a lot money on gold).

CJ54
01-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Our "main" tab is broken. only shows the most recent attack. only 1 player at a time

I am told other factions "main" tab shows a full member list with total WD points and win/loss?

Drop us a ticket, with screenshot.

Hackers Everywhere.

Send us a ticket, with screenshot...what Madcowdave said.

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 10:58 AM
I see 40% off now not seeing any war stuff

SuperSonic Chimp
01-18-2013, 11:01 AM
And now I feel ignored. But those who can play get answered.....

commander Don
01-18-2013, 11:02 AM
cj is the faction area loading freeze being fixed? All your hard work is appreciated.

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Not seeing any war options

albeezy
01-18-2013, 11:03 AM
This is awesome! I get to stare at a screen saying war has been declared but apparently there isnt a faction strong enough to battle us! Or the algorithm is crap and is not working properly. Are the servers running DOS or something? Terrible, terrible, terrible launch. Really disappointed to say the least!

dispatch_me
01-18-2013, 11:03 AM
It was my understanding that you have to accept a declaration of war in order to actively participate in it. I'm an Android user and I do not even have the update for the event yet, however I'm at level 34 player that just got attacked by a level 142 player and I'm already losing Forts.

Could it be possible that an IOS player has made a declaration? Keep in mind that I have not made a defense leader yet due to the fact that I don't have the update and can't.

manbeast
01-18-2013, 11:04 AM
also been waiting for an hour w/ no match... sending tickets now

albeezy
01-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Almost 50 minutes and still waiting for our second battle matchup...YO CJ ticket #334491

CJ54
01-18-2013, 11:07 AM
And now I feel ignored. But those who can play get answered.....

Chimp, I totally understand you want to get into the action and I appreciate your patience and the patience of the other Android players. I said around noon, it's not yet noon. We'll have it out asap, and if anything changes I will update you guys as promised.

dispatch_me
01-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Okay, we'll have it at noon, but what about the time lost? Some factions will have tons of points by then and we're just left to play catch up?

I don't have the update yet and don't have a defense leader appointed yet I'm being attacked and losing units by players at level 142 and losing Forts, how is this even possible?

Edited to say: I'm at level 34

Richie.
Noon in what time zone..what time gmt?

albeezy
at least my health will be full when my next battle starts. It's almost been an hour!

EDIT: IF MY NEXT BATTLE STARTS!

manbeast
01-18-2013, 11:11 AM
ticket number 334506 -main tab broken. 3 different screen shots. hope its an easy fix. **crosses fingers**

Sandukan
01-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Can anyone in the faction declare battle or only the leader and officers?
We are in battle but most of us are android players so it is unclear who could have declared.

mxz
01-18-2013, 11:14 AM
It was my understanding that you have to accept a declaration of war in order to actively participate in it. I'm an Android user and I do not even have the update for the event yet, however I'm at level 34 player that just got attacked by a level 142 player and I'm already losing Forts.

Could it be possible that an IOS player has made a declaration? Keep in mind that I have not made a defense leader yet due to the fact that I don't have the update and can't.Like I said to chimp - you could have informed your iOS members not to declare war.
Why did you have your members declare war without you?

You should have had them hold off until you were able to get there. It isn't Gree's fault that you did not instruct your members to wait for the Android update. Stop whining, because no one's at fault except yourself. CJ made it perfectly clear you wouldn't have the update until after the event started.That said...war should only be able to be declared by the Leader (and maybe Officers).

SuperSonic Chimp
01-18-2013, 11:14 AM
It's 2pm....I was ready at noon. *sigh* I'm sorry....Im going to just suck it up, shut up, go back to being a number. I know you guys are working hard on this, but it's just a lot to take on after the ghost faction issues for weeks already putting us behind. Now this. No point in playing really.

frevreagle
01-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Noon to who...... Its 2:12 over here. Don't worry about the iOS people getting an advantage. Let them enjoy it. Isn't owning an apple product punishment enough.

Warfiend
01-18-2013, 11:15 AM
If there is no accountability for declaring war, this is going to blow big time. There needs to be a way to see who declares war.

Also, anyone else have their stats nerfed by more than half in these battles?

albeezy
01-18-2013, 11:16 AM
If there is no accountability for declaring war, this is going to blow big time. There needs to be a way to see who declares war.

Also, anyone else have their stats nerfed by more than half in these battles?

No but my faction A/D boosts are invisible just like my Guerilla Striker boost!

Supra X
01-18-2013, 11:16 AM
How is it possible that during and after a world domination battle
some players of that faction are raiding the bleep out of my base ?
4 of them, one lvl 188, one 113, one 145 and one lvl 78...

i am lvl 63!

dispatch_me
01-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Like I said to chimp - you could have informed your iOS members not to declare war.That said...war should only be able to be declared by the Leader (and maybe Officers).

I don't need snide remarks, I need answers. The point I'm making is a defense leader has not even been declared so that should've defaulted the faction automatically to not have participation. If you have to make responses that are rude and not helpful at all then please refrain from doing so.

SuperSonic Chimp
01-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Like I said to chimp - you could have informed your iOS members not to declare war.That said...war should only be able to be declared by the Leader (and maybe Officers).

Dude really? Off your high horse please. You think I didn't do so? Do you think all 28 members were present when I said so? CJ didn't say a word about a delay until mere minutes before noon! Don't give me that crap. And if you don't have anything else t say that is going to help the situation, please refrain from quoting me because you're just adding th=o the problem. I have a right to be upset, I voiced it, Im damn near over it. But I don't need your self serving comments to continue to piss me off because you can play and I can't. Until you know what I have and have not done for my faction, please STFU! And thank you for your non helpful advice!

Richie.
01-18-2013, 11:18 AM
@ suprax Yeah if you attacked them in battle they will have you on their wall..something else not well thought through...beta testers need firing ..

Zimm
01-18-2013, 11:21 AM
I was never given the option to declare our defense leader! I'm positioned as the d-leader without ever electing it, and I have a weak defense considering others in my faction. How do I choose my defense leader?!

Nevermind; I figured it out. Apparently you have to select him/her in the member tab in the faction area, then "Edit" them, and then select them as the defense leader. Where is the actual directions to do this, or is it supposed to be hidden and difficult on purpose? A suggestion...make it part of the declaring war UI.

Also, could the game designers please fix the issue that occurs when trying to delete posts.

Vegaman
01-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Rubbish, Rubbish, Rubbish. We have spent weeks buying and building defences and bonuses etc to only be allowed 2 to 3 attacks before we have no energy to fight unless Gold is bought at 25 bars!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No,warning we were under attack. The whole thing is flawed and its just there to grab money.

I was a big fan, but if we can't at least have 10 attacks etc then i'm off. Better things to do with my time.

Warfiend
01-18-2013, 11:23 AM
No but my faction A/D boosts are invisible just like my Guerilla Striker boost!

And my bear boost... I wouldn't mind if it was just that(i've had the bear so long, I'm used to invisible boosts now), but my attack shows as less than half the stats shown in my profile.

I wonder what my defense is... crap.

Vegaman
01-18-2013, 11:25 AM
The current war we are in which finishes in 10 mins for the record has only let me attack once. ONE attack unless i buy gold. SHAME ON YOU GUYS. You've turned me off. BYE BYE...

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Why can't I still see the war??? Everyone is at war but Android this is not fair

CJ54
01-18-2013, 11:27 AM
UPDATE: I'm told we have deployed the Android update, we're waiting on Google to push the app out. We might miss the 12 PM time by a bit depending on that process, will update if we get an ETA (go Google, go!)

Warfiend
01-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Cj is there any reason my attack stat in the attack window should be showing less than half the stats in my profile?

SuperSonic Chimp
01-18-2013, 11:30 AM
This is tearing my faction apart. *smh*

Ramshutu
01-18-2013, 11:31 AM
UPDATE: I'm told we have deployed the Android update, we're waiting on Google to push the app out. We might miss the 12 PM time by a bit depending on that process, will update if we get an ETA (go Google, go!)

Could I respectfully ask that next time you explain the situation with android at the beggining, before the deadline passes and everyone starts wondering where the update is.

You know how highly strung we can be about suprises like this.

Col Matt
01-18-2013, 11:32 AM
What a load of rubbish. You,only get three hits. If you wish to continue you have to buy gold. Robbing twats. Gree.

Richie.
01-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Cj54...dont you think its not right where in battle you leave a nice big fat leaving card for them to visit after the battle..so you have level 200 players with a nice juicy revenge button amytime....

CJ54
01-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Cj is there any reason my attack stat in the attack window should be showing less than half the stats in my profile?

Yes, we were making it so that you could see the faction bonuses showing up in your attack stats, and now it's throwing all kinds of crazy stuff. Bad time for that bug, we're working on a fix.

Could I respectfully ask that next time you explain the situation with android at the beggining, before the deadline passes and everyone starts wondering where the update is.

You know how highly strung we can be about suprises like this.

Yes, I will endeavor to.

zebadul
01-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Yes, we were making it so that you could see the faction bonuses showing up in your attack stats, and now it's throwing all kinds of crazy stuff. Bad time for that bug, we're working on a fix.

Yes, I will endeavor to.

How about some free gold for the delay

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Sigh.. come on google push this update!! My team needs me

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 11:42 AM
How about some free gold for the delay

I made 2 full price purchases this morning while ios had a 40% discount!!!! Talk about NOT FAIR

JustinSyder
01-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Already having participation issues. I am in horseman of doom faction, I updated my phone this morning just like the forum said. I clicked the world domination match and that is where I encounter the issue. My leader was in a battle and I could the participate because the battle options didn't appear on tab. Where can I post this bug issue to see if it can be fixed.

Supra X
01-18-2013, 11:50 AM
@ suprax Yeah if you attacked them in battle they will have you on their wall..something else not well thought through...beta testers need firing ..

thanks!

its irritating, and not really fair...
340k vs 10k

elangomatt
01-18-2013, 11:51 AM
CJ are there any updates on the bug where individual stats not being displayed on the "main" tab of the WD battle page? I can only see one player on there (that player is actually appearing twice) but no other players.

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Unreal still no fix for Android..... sigh

mxz
01-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Dude really? Off your high horse please. You think I didn't do so? Do you think all 28 members were present when I said so? CJ didn't say a word about a delay until mere minutes before noon! Don't give me that crap. And if you don't have anything else t say that is going to help the situation, please refrain from quoting me because you're just adding th=o the problem. I have a right to be upset, I voiced it, Im damn near over it. But I don't need your self serving comments to continue to piss me off because you can play and I can't. Until you know what I have and have not done for my faction, please STFU! And thank you for your non helpful advice!Take some personal responsibility in something. Not everything is someone else's fault. Only you can put yourself into a situation like this.

My faction hasn't had any issues with people jumping the gun. So it's obviously not Gree's fault. Maybe you recruited poorly, maybe your communication was poor; I don't know. In any case, it does no good to complain about a situation you created. Man up, brother, because life is much harder.

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Relax guys .. Gree is to blame for this, nobody else. When you plan an event like this FAR in advance and don't have the app ready there is no excuse

mxz
01-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Relax guys .. Gree is to blame for this, nobody else. When you plan an event like this FAR in advance and don't have the app ready there is no excuseThis is a free mobile game - why are you complaining? If you paid money to download the app, you've got a point.

nic4msu
01-18-2013, 12:12 PM
So we have to attack blindly in battle, but if we lose, our mismatched opponents can pummel us relentlessly via their newsfeed until we drop off? This needs to be removed. We can't see their stats to make an informed decision during battles. How are the low level, low stat players supposed to know they've just hit a powerhouse?

Supra X
01-18-2013, 12:15 PM
So we have to attack blindly in battle, but if we lose, our mismatched opponents can pummel us relentlessly via their newsfeed until we drop off? This needs to be removed. We can't see their stats to make an informed decision during battles. How are the low level, low stat players supposed to know they've just hit a powerhouse?

exactly my point!

DMJ
01-18-2013, 12:16 PM
What a load of rubbish. You,only get three hits. If you wish to continue you have to buy gold. Robbing twats. Gree.

CJ - Why is the replenish rate so slow in a war? Not being able to fight without the purchase of gold is not good.

CJ54
01-18-2013, 12:16 PM
CJ are there any updates on the bug where individual stats not being displayed on the "main" tab of the WD battle page? I can only see one player on there (that player is actually appearing twice) but no other players.

Just to check, this may not be a bug. The individual stats are not displayed on the main UI, that is intentional, you have to communicate with your faction to find the weak link. If you're seeing a bunch of players with the same name, that means they all have the same name.

If you're only seeing two people in the faction though (regardless of name/stats) that is weird and you can send me a screenshot. Last I saw, it grays out everyone except the defense leader when the defense leader is up.

nic4msu
01-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Take some personal responsibility in something. Not everything is someone else's fault. Only you can put yourself into a situation like this.

My faction hasn't had any issues with people jumping the gun. So it's obviously not Gree's fault. Maybe you recruited poorly, maybe your communication was poor; I don't know. In any case, it does no good to complain about a situation you created. Man up, brother, because life is much harder.

We had warning after warning, yet it happened to us. It's possible. At least in our case we're almost all iOS. I think ability to declare should have been a privilege the leader could grant members as he/she saw fit.

CJ54

I'll let the devs know about this one.

sacromyces
I'm sure that by the end of the event u will have dropped off their radar and i don't think the attacks count unless you are in the event.

Force10JC
01-18-2013, 12:18 PM
UPDATE: I'm told we have deployed the Android update, we're waiting on Google to push the app out. We might miss the 12 PM time by a bit depending on that process, will update if we get an ETA (go Google, go!)LOL! Why start something when you don't have all of the available updates for everyone to begin by start time. That goes without saying that I still can't even see a faction on my Kindle Fire because your updates are so buggy that Amazon won't approve them. You guys are really new to this game development business aren't you? And while I'm ranting why don't one of you guys at least answer one of the 6 tickets I've sent you? Some are a month old now.

elangomatt
01-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Just to check, this may not be a bug. The individual stats are not displayed on the main UI, that is intentional, you have to communicate with your faction to find the weak link. If you're seeing a bunch of players with the same name, that means they all have the same name.

If you're only seeing two people in the faction though (regardless of name/stats) that is weird and you can send me a screenshot. Last I saw, it grays out everyone except the defense leader when the defense leader is up.
I'll send a screenshot in a bit when we are back at war. Just to be clear I am referring to not being able to see the stats of the players IN my faction. I don't even know how many wins or WD points I have myself unless I write them on a piece of paper and add them up, let alone what the battle stats are for anyone else in my faction.

I realize that not being able to see the stats of the faction we are fighting is a feature.

Richie.
01-18-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm sure that by the end of the event u will have dropped off their radar and i don't think the attacks count unless you are in the event.

It does, happened already

sacromyces
01-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Nvermind i see what ur sayin.

nic4msu
01-18-2013, 12:24 PM
CJ, is there any chance the timer on the battle page when you are at war could show time left in the current 1 hr battle rather than the 5 day countdown clock? We have to go back to our own team pg to see how much time is left in the current war.

Also, any shot at getting our time to regen before able to fight again showing like it does when you try to fight the boss too soon. All we get is the 5 day countdown on that screen ,too, which again is useless.

nic4msu
01-18-2013, 12:26 PM
& CJ ... thank you for your rapid response time today! :)

Richie.
01-18-2013, 12:31 PM
all gold orientated ...but thats Gree all over....

zebadul
01-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Shut up already at least your getting to fight .android nothing except my buildings disappearing.

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 12:33 PM
This is a free mobile game - why are you complaining? If you paid money to download the app, you've got a point.

I've invested a HUGE amount of my time & money in playing the game, thanks though

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 12:34 PM
STILL no app update!! Still no war for Android

SuperSonic Chimp
01-18-2013, 12:36 PM
I've invested a HUGE amount of my time & money in playing the game, thanks though

I wouldn't waste the finger energy. He has nothing invested in the event, so he's laughing literally for sh*ts and giggles.

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Why can't we add or delete anyone from our faction even inbetween wars?

Richie.
01-18-2013, 12:40 PM
they said once the battle starts factions are locked until over

zebadul
01-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Boy I'm kicking ass .oh wait no I'm not still waiting for android update lol

Richie.
01-18-2013, 12:45 PM
im kicking your arse...oh no i'm not either ...

Ozzeh
01-18-2013, 12:50 PM
My Update came after I rebooted!.

Fuzzyky
01-18-2013, 12:51 PM
A lot of my guys are having "server error" mugs when they try to attack..I'm checking to see if they're on Android.

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Was just informed we won our last battle, yet it didn't show in the win column?

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 12:55 PM
You got the android update?? I just tried rebooting, restarting the game etc no update

SuperSonic Chimp
01-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Got update and it froze! GO FIGURE!!

Ph4ntom Stranger
01-18-2013, 01:02 PM
CJ after I just updated my android, the new faction boosts from yesterdays dataset that were visible last night are now completely gone for me with this update. Can you check on this?

Scarlet
01-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Can someone tell me approx how long it takes for health to regenerate to full plz

SuperSonic Chimp
01-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Ok, so on my device, if you click on any tab in the WD screen, it crashes and restarts.

Correction....crashes as soon as you touch the globe.

ladyfizz27
01-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Can someone tell me approx how long it takes for health to regenerate to full plz
1 hour 15 minutes

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Ok, so on my device, if you click on any tab in the WB screen, it crashes and restarts.

which device? open a ticket too

I still haven't gotten the update :/

Rapg635
01-18-2013, 01:07 PM
CJ. Our faction leader is not available. If we declare war how do we decide who the defense leader is? Also, once war is declared can newly available players "jump in" or can only the players available at time of declaration participate. Thanks

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Got my update , got to war screen but it froze Note 2

SuperSonic Chimp
01-18-2013, 01:11 PM
I sent a report...don't know if thats the same as a ticket or not. I have a Galaxy S3

Richie.
01-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Now updated but game freezes after pushing world

frevreagle
01-18-2013, 01:12 PM
We can now view factions but as soon as you touch anything War related, the game freezes and restarts. Come on guys.....

Im on an Evo 3d.

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 01:12 PM
rebooted. same thing freezes instantly on war screen

I'm FED up with this

zebadul
01-18-2013, 01:15 PM
]why is my fortifaction disappearing when I'm not getting to fight

Ajk
01-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Purchased gold two hours ago and I haven't got it yet. What's up?

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 01:18 PM
CJ what's being done to address the Android issues? Is it going to be another 3-4 hours before a fix for your fix is rolled out?

DarthJim
01-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Just registered so I could comment here on this. I have a Samsung GS2 and I am having the same issue with the app freezing when I open the WD screen.

Force10JC
01-18-2013, 01:21 PM
CJ what's being done to address the Android issues? Is it going to be another 3-4 hours before a fix for your fix is rolled out?3-4 hours? LOL! You'll be lucky if it's 3-4 days if you go by their track record.

Ramshutu
01-18-2013, 01:21 PM
No new update for me (although I have one from 14th Jan) that has now started crashing when I open the Faction screen :)

Richie.
01-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Its taken 6 months for them to get to this stage..need some new coders

Cmputrgbln
01-18-2013, 01:28 PM
We have member playing on original iPad and can't install new version of MW because it states he needs OS update. But Apple don't support OS update for iPad 1. Will there be anyway for him to participate?

commander Don
01-18-2013, 01:28 PM
after installing the update its still not working for my android members.. the WD globe crashes apon clicking.
please fix

Ramshutu
01-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Just updated. Looks like pulling data pull from server is locking up the game.

Did someone change the faction data format? :)

EDIT:

Not resolved with a data/cache clear and restart.

Milspec1
01-18-2013, 01:36 PM
REALLY not even the decency of an answer????

If my employees were this bad, this sloppy, communicated this poorly or didn't beta test anything they'd be fired in a heartbeat

albeezy
01-18-2013, 01:37 PM
@ CJ: You guys are so sneaky making the health bar refil appear in the exact same position as the attack button. With the lag from constantly trying to keep the app refreshed it is VERY EASY TO HIT REFILL UNINTENTIONALLY. Don't worry though, I put that few hundred gold to good use scoring points, but just wanted to point out that it mayresult in some complaints.

elangomatt
01-18-2013, 01:38 PM

I sent you a screenshot via PM on here CJ and it is also submitted with ticket #334787

Ramshutu
01-18-2013, 01:39 PM
I didn't think anything of it at the time; I figured it was to do with the update, but once the war turned on; my faction window started locking up. The moment the refresh icon appeared (it would go around for a second or two, then lock up). Similar thing happens now on the main WD window after the update.

I'm here to try and reproduce anything if you need to CJ.

josempolo
01-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Android update done, and working fine on Xoom tablet.

maxy
01-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Team with most gold wins - whompee. Thanks Gree(d)

-ion-
01-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Hey CJ, before we could see the leader boards. Now nor me or my faction members can see it. Is this on purpose or an error?

sgt spanks
01-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Our factions WD points were just slashed in half in front of my eyes!! I have 1230 and our faction total is now showing 1275????!!!!!

CJ or Gree or someone?!!!! Leaderboard isn't showing either. AND SO IT BEGINS.

Wufnu
01-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Wow! Just read through all 22 pages. What a goatfu&$! ;)

CJ54
01-18-2013, 01:59 PM
I didn't think anything of it at the time; I figured it was to do with the update, but once the war turned on; my faction window started locking up. The moment the refresh icon appeared (it would go around for a second or two, then lock up). Similar thing happens now on the main WD window after the update.

I'm here to try and reproduce anything if you need to CJ.

We're looking into that now. Send in a ticket, that way we can look at your device info.

Hey CJ, before we could see the leader boards. Now nor me or my faction members can see it. Is this on purpose or an error?

Temporary error, we'll have that back up as soon as possible.

nic4msu
01-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Leaderboards have gone blank.

Baraka
01-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Any news on android. Where bleeding points.

DarthJim
01-18-2013, 02:03 PM
We're looking into that now. Send in a ticket, that way we can look at your device info.

Temporary error, we'll have that back up as soon as possible.

I sent in ticket #334735 . I am having the same issue with the WD screen freezing the app. My faction has been attacked 3 times now and I can do nothing about it. We are all android players but one so we are getting slaughtered.

Samsung GS2

nic4msu
01-18-2013, 02:07 PM
MAJOR ISSUES! Is it possible that there's an auto-declare glitch? We've now gone in 3 times unprepared with EVERYONE on the same page and everyone is shocked when it happens.

Also, my screen does not get a notification that war has been declared! I only find out if I happen to stumble upon it -- sometimes 3-5 min into the war -- & I'm team leader!

EDIT: Many are reporting no notification that we've declared.

vitus79
01-18-2013, 02:09 PM
be happy you cant play. you would have had to spend hundreds if not thousands of goldbars to win a battle or two only to see an empty leaderboard now. just a huge money pit, nothing more nothing less.

I am a cow
01-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Team with most gold wins - whompee. Thanks Gree(d)

Well aint i the luckiest faction leader all my players are free and we are proud of it How on earth are we supposed to win seriously weve got people spending thousands on gold and then you got factions that have free players we dont stand a chance.

nic4msu
01-18-2013, 02:27 PM
I really think there's an auto declare bug. We were thrown in just minutes after our last battle ended with no energy. Every other battle we've been trounced! This one our opponents are also clearly starting with no energy ... it's like a slow race to 4,000! No chance both teams wasted a level 10 fortification on this.

Vegaman
01-18-2013, 02:30 PM
The leader board is down because someone at GREE has just realised that after 45 mins of the event starting United Pilates and Buckshot boys had amassed over 1 million points whilst the rest of us were in the hundreds and just reaching a thousand. Talk about dodgy or what.

So the rest of us back off and stop spending as its a done deal ... Hence screen goes blank so the mug punters keep buying gold.

Do the maths yourself. Impossible to get that many points in the time even if bought legit.

PsychoTTi
01-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Well aint i the luckiest faction leader all my players are free and we are proud of it How on earth are we supposed to win seriously weve got people spending thousands on gold and then you got factions that have free players we dont stand a chance.

What are free players?

CJ54
01-18-2013, 02:33 PM
The leader board is down because someone at GREE has just realised that after 45 mins of the event starting United Pilates and Buckshot boys had amassed over 1 million points whilst the rest of us were in the hundreds and just reaching a thousand.

No, the leaderboards are down because there were approximately a gazillion server calls to display them every second and our server wizards had to rebalance the load.

Poopenshire
01-18-2013, 02:34 PM
No, the leaderboards are down because there were approximately a gazillion server calls to display them every second and our server wizards had to rebalance the load.

Fortifications are no longer taking damage. 60+ hits and it won't take damage. Just an FYI

PsychoTTi
01-18-2013, 02:34 PM
The leader board is down because someone at GREE has just realised that after 45 mins of the event starting United Pilates and Buckshot boys had amassed over 1 million points whilst the rest of us were in the hundreds and just reaching a thousand. Talk about dodgy or what.

So the rest of us back off and stop spending as its a done deal ... Hence screen goes blank so the mug punters keep buying gold.

Do the maths yourself. Impossible to get that many points in the time even if bought legit.

Who are those pirates and why do they win everything? lol Gold is ridiculously expensive

I am a cow
01-18-2013, 02:38 PM
What are free players?

Players who dont spend money

Archer59
01-18-2013, 02:42 PM
CJ: my faction is missing a win and approximately 2,000 points. Just an FYI.

CJ54
01-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Fortifications are no longer taking damage. 60+ hits and it won't take damage. Just an FYI

Engineers are working on that one right now.

iamnasty
01-18-2013, 02:45 PM

When they hit your faction, it will come with the answer to your question

Cheers :D

vitus79
01-18-2013, 02:46 PM
we are fighting the french a 2nd time now and their wall doesnt take hits this round..

Cmputrgbln
01-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I really think there's an auto declare bug. We were thrown in just minutes after our last battle ended with no energy. Every other battle we've been trounced! This one our opponents are also clearly starting with no energy ... it's like a slow race to 4,000! No chance both teams wasted a level 10 fortification on this.

I literally saw our WD page change from "you need to declare" to count down timer. No one from our faction declared as we are all wiped out of health from previous war and all are saying to wait....

CJ54
01-18-2013, 02:54 PM
we are fighting the french a 2nd time now and their wall doesnt take hits this round..

The engineers are working on this now.

NakedCherryPie
01-18-2013, 02:59 PM
When they hit your faction, it will come with the answer to your question

Cheers :DWhy you hit me? lol

Cheers to you, too ;)

Ajk
01-18-2013, 03:00 PM
CJ... i bought gold hours ago and its not showing up!!

CJ54
01-18-2013, 03:01 PM

Drop us a line through the ticket system explaining the issue and one of the techs will check it out.

crazeejay
01-18-2013, 03:02 PM

I'm sure your $$ was deposited in the GREE bank account though :D

nic4msu
01-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Our win/loss counter is missing battles -- possibly the ones we've been thrown into WITHOUT DECLARING! Sorry, but this is a giant problem! We're also taking point, health & gold hits on the fortification problem.

Wufnu
01-18-2013, 03:09 PM
So another faction is allowed to declare war on us before we have our health regenerated? And the only recourse is to buy more gold? Lovely, just lovely.......

Ferr
Cj pls, we want to play.....

Baraka
Android update doesn't work. You go to globe and it crashes.

Ajk
01-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Drop us a line through the ticket system explaining the issue and one of the techs will check it out. Already did. ticket #334890

Legendaryxx
01-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Admin: Every time, and I mean Every time I click the globe icon for this event, the app force closes. Anyone else experiencing this on the Droid 4?

Ferr
01-18-2013, 03:13 PM
We are stuck with frozen splash screen. This event was broke before it began. We cant play and are getting very demotivated

Maddog11
01-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Would love to know how many tickets submitted today, lol

Ajk
01-18-2013, 03:14 PM
I'm sure your $$ was deposited in the GREE bank account though :D
You bet it was, my card was charged. I was going to buy more too but if its not there i won't.

nic4msu
01-18-2013, 03:14 PM
It just happened again! When the win/lose score closed, it announced that we declared war, but we definitely had not. The system is automatically declaring for us.