PDA

View Full Version : Battle For Brazil, 1-18 to 1-23!! Additional Details Inside!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

maffysan
01-20-2013, 07:39 AM
Dear MR CJ, my faction "The Turin Battalion" won several battles, we gained 11553+2808 WD points, but these, as well as the battles we won, desappeared sistematically from the main counter!!! What is this? A Bug? Hackers? What else?

Thank you in advance.

maffysan 165405379
The Turin Battalion 982534152

Meneer Paul
01-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Its a bug , all the points and wars are counted but probably not ably the handle the amount of data to show the exact points.

Pablito
01-20-2013, 08:05 AM
I cannot even attack!!! It's giving me a server error!

Archer59
01-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Guys, its been said that the Servers have the correct score stored. this not the first time something like this has happened, and they fix it everytime. we know how annoying this is but trust CJ. I cannot tell you how amazing and honest he is. I say this as someone who has seen the man fix the mistakes.Well said...now if people would just read it, lol.

WallyT
01-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Guys, its been said that the Servers have the correct score stored. this not the first time something like this has happened, and they fix it everytime. we know how annoying this is but trust CJ. I cannot tell you how amazing and honest he is. I say this as someone who has seen the man fix the mistakes.

Really, I haven't seen any fixes or updates yet for they last PvP stats?

Wufnu
01-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Guys, its been said that the Servers have the correct score stored. this not the first time something like this has happened, and they fix it everytime. we know how annoying this is but trust CJ. I cannot tell you how amazing and honest he is. I say this as someone who has seen the man fix the mistakes.

It didn't get fixed for the PvP event last weekend Poop. I know our faction was in the top 50 but it was never corrected.

The problem with what's going on now is that we have no idea what our tempo should be. Should we go to war 5 times today? Ten? And how many health regens should we spend? Without knowing the overall score we have no idea so people just keep spending and spending.

Dodsonar
01-20-2013, 09:04 AM
CJ,
How is it that my faction, Big-Red-One, can declare war when we have ZERO forts when the walkthrough clearly states it costs one fort to declare war? Will the WD points/wins/losses from those battle be counted or discarded? Please advise.

Arizona
01-20-2013, 09:05 AM
I agree with you Mr. P
first reaction of many is to panic and get angry. That's normal though. Modern War and Funzio/Gree is a test of persons' nerves and stress levels. I expected a bucketload of problems. This is the first event and I said before, there were gonna be teething problems. They should use the Brazil event as a giant beta, Keep everyone happy and on board and in time straighten things out for future events. They have a promising model if they can get it to work for all.

Wufnu
01-20-2013, 09:08 AM
I agree with you Mr. P
first reaction of many is to panic and get angry. That's normal though. Modern War and Funzio/Gree is a test of persons' nerves and stress levels. I expected a bucketload of problems. This is the first event and I said before, there were gonna be teething problems. They should use the Brazil event as a giant beta, Keep everyone happy and on board and in time straighten things out for future events. They have a promising model if they can get it to work for all.

Pretty expensive beta test Arizona.

We should have had an all player free beta for a couple days to shake the bugs out. They still would have made money just not as much as they did this weekend.

dbell525
01-20-2013, 10:16 AM
DO NOT spend any cash on Modern War!
The game resets daily and is stealing money from players!!
THis game is a scam and will rp you off!!!!

It is not a scam you idiot. It is a game frought with bugs. Maybe you need a life.

Dcarrington
01-20-2013, 10:49 AM
I have not spent a hole lot of money but what I have spent was wasted! I would like a refund! On the gold I spent, we still have ghost Players that are costing us and we can't delete them .. Why not? Why can't we delete them? There are several issue that have yet to be answered. Our fraction was in two wars where we as a fraction could not fight back because of a sever error this cost us just about all our fortifications now we are weaker than crap! Please help! Or refund my money! Or I will be reporting this to whom ever I have too!

arthurs1991
01-20-2013, 11:04 AM
the faction im in has gone to war about 4 times now and during it we get world domination points but once it is over they have all gone can you tell me why is this a bug to be fixed or some thing and also can you up the odds on gettin concrete because i got 10 stamina when i fight other people im lucky to get 1 block of concrete in them fights

fuzzygrub
01-20-2013, 11:05 AM
What is happening with this WD event? I have/had points. They're gone. I can't do fortifications and I'm the leader?? The developer should go back to making c64 cassette games. If anything convinces me never to spend cash on this game this event and pinnacle incompetence is it.

For players that have spent real money this is grand theft on this scale Gree!!!!

commander Don
01-20-2013, 11:07 AM
I susspect I would have probably worked today under such circumstances, communication is key is it not?

Not *****ing but buisness is business is it not...

whitepath23
01-20-2013, 11:38 AM
I have called gre in the past because i had other issues with gold and money leaving my account...i have gotten nowhere..i have pmed this cj that everyone is talking about as honest and fair.... I have heard nothing from him...the faction i am in is having simliar issues...server errors right at end of attack and not getting points...our points go up but then down.....i bought 4500 gold for this event and feel cheated and wronged....a fun game shouldnt be this frustrating.....

Michael0218
01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Leaderboard and the WD points not accumulating properly client-side is #1 priority right now. We appreciate the continued patience while we work on that.

It's funny that the #1 priority is not even fixed yet. Guess where that puts priorities 2 - infinity

zebadul
01-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Anyone else missing theirs?

No scratchers
in past few days

crazeejay
01-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Seems to be pretty freeking quiet on the GREE end here.

Alaneapen
01-20-2013, 12:11 PM
I would like 90 k points back and the leaderboard to update that is all i want.

Shrinko
01-20-2013, 12:14 PM
CJ why don't you stop BSing people and own up to it. You guys messed up big time and you know it. How on earth are you going to fix things at this point? All points are messed up and keep going up and down. With over 5k factions there is no way you can go back and correctly calculate all the points for each faction for every battle. Just admit it. Be honest! Give everyone a unit and stop this event right now. You jumped into this event to make $$ for your company. People have been spending gold like crazy so it worked! Great! Be happy and stop lying to people.

Shrinko
01-20-2013, 12:16 PM
I would like 90 k points back and the leaderboard to update that is all i want.

How do you think they would do that? There is no way they can go back and recalculate points for every faction. I think we should fight back and give this game 1 star reviews everywhere. We got to hold these people accountable.

Scorpiocmw1979
01-20-2013, 12:46 PM
I have called gre in the past because i had other issues with gold and money leaving my account...i have gotten nowhere..i have pmed this cj that everyone is talking about as honest and fair.... I have heard nothing from him...the faction i am in is having simliar issues...server errors right at end of attack and not getting points...our points go up but then down.....i bought 4500 gold for this event and feel cheated and wronged....a fun game shouldnt be this frustrating.....I share your sorrows friend! Watch what you say though "THEY" don't like to be bad mouthed for their lack of workmanship :/ or their inconsistencies!

MINDBO
01-20-2013, 12:50 PM
you can calculate all your fraction members individual points at the bottom of the MAIN screen after you click on the globe., it shows 4 at a time and ive been tracking all our people after every battle and the numbers there are 100% accurate and update immediately.

It will be a cinch for GREE developers to pull that info add it all up (like im doing manually with a calculator) and post the numbers

It sucks that it is happening but its a roll out event that is very dynamic compared to all the other events.

lets all just chill out and not pop any blood vessels before GREE has a chance to respond.

Im sure they will hook it up with some free units and bonuses as they did with the last glitch.

Vegaman
01-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Funny how after complaining about GREE-D on this forum i now have struggled to log in and post. Hmmmmm

I've contacted Apple and called my card retailer for refunds and to report GREE-D.

Suggest if you feel disgruntled, use your consumer rights under the sales acts of your country of residence. There are strict laws on internet purchases.

Scorpiocmw1979
01-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Guys, its been said that the Servers have the correct score stored. this not the first time something like this has happened, and they fix it everytime. we know how annoying this is but trust CJ. I cannot tell you how amazing and honest he is. I say this as someone who has seen the man fix the mistakes.I have only had basic issues addressed! Nothing more and nothing less! I was banned for a day because I expressed my disgust:/ will prob be banned again! Don't care! I send tickets and receive an almost automated cue card response:( I PM ppl and they ignore and move on to those who spend more! All WE want is to be respected and our issues handled like everyone else! If you spent tens of thousands on this game the service you receive should be no different than the service I receive!! Even McDonalds treats you fair...smh!

MINDBO
01-20-2013, 01:01 PM
I have only had basic issues addressed! Nothing more and nothing less! I was banned for a day because I expressed my disgust:/ will prob be banned again! Don't care! I send tickets and receive an almost automated cue card response:( I PM ppl and they ignore and move on to those who spend more! All WE want is to be respected and our issues handled like everyone else! If you spent tens of thousands on this game the service you receive should be no different than the service I receive!! Even McDonalds treats you fair...smh!

that automated "cue card response" is to let you know that they received your support request and will get back to you.

I have always received a response back... even if onetime it took almost a month to get the issue fixed... point is they fixed it.

Frustrating? Heck Yeah it was and so is this...

Running off at the mouth and thinking you've been scammed bamboozled and robbed is kinda hilarious to me... we are all protected by the Gods of Visa MasterCard Discover and AMEX... then APPLE would also step in...

but it wont get that far, because GREE spent hundreds of millions to buy funzio (originator of these games) and they will make sure we all get satisfied in the end.

we wont be joyfully jumping for joy, but simply, we will be satisfied

for a visual demonstration... Add :) + :( = Satisfied...

neither happy nor raging upset and lawyering up and gathering our posse up with baseball bats

Enott
01-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Itunes of course delivered what they said - so they won't get refunded from Apple -- but this is directly from Apple Itunes Support:

Thank you for contacting iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Ghel and I will be your iTunes Store Advisor for today.

As I understand, you were having an issue with the app "Modern War" because the In-Apps doesn't function as expected. I know how alarming it is on your part since you have a lot of purchases made on this app. No worries, allow me to explain this further.

Regrettably, we were informed by Apple that this is not a valid reason to refund direct from us because our end worked properly, but the developer has to fix this issue on their end. You may dispute these charges through your bank.

Additionally because these are third-party purchases made through an Application, it is the responsibility of the developer to make sure they function as promised. Should they be lost or not function it is their responsibility to rectify the situation. I understand that they have been unresponsive and I apologize for the inconvenience but I recommend that you continue to try and contact them directly. If not, we strongly encourage you to contact your bank to initiate charge back proceedings as the application is not performing as advertised.

---

Well there you have it..

Enott
01-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Oh, and anyone whom doubts what I posted -- This is the original mail I sent to Itunes support last evening..

Over the last three months, I have spent over $5000.00 on Itunes US for a company called Gree/Funzio - for a game modern war. What they have promised, and lead up to, is fraud. Nothing works as advertised, (Bonuses didn't work), Glitches during attacks, disappearing bases, counts not getting credited on "Events" - the biggest event they have now, already has lost me $2,000.00 worth of month in January alone. It is all over their forums that this company is blatantly ripping people off because of the product that does not function as advertised. I want to know how to handle this, since Gree says to talk to Apple because they don't care. It's purchased through the Itunes store.

I own alot of apple products, and my kids and I have NEVER experienced anything like this.

Is Apple going to protect and refund my purchases from this rip off company, or do I need to start filing credit card chargebacks. Apple should be ashamed that they let a company on their app store rip people off like this. Look at every $59.99, 99.99 and 79.99 purchase I've made since bascially September - it was all for this event they launched this week, and it DOES NOT WORK. It took our money and just does not work as advertised and promised. How do we deal with this?

I have over 75 screenshots from individual people complaining about the same exact issues - however unlikely it is that as many people spent as far much as I did - I'm sure quite a few did. Even spending money to "Speed up" timing on buildings to gain bonuses for strength or protection that didn't work when the publisher said it did (It's well documented it didn't) - that constitutes FRAUD in America. You can't advertise something that is supposed to be working in a particular way - and it not working, then getting the runaround of why it's not..

---

Now that's where I ended..

Here's the real deal.. I don't really give a **** about the 5 grand.. I'm not being arrogant. I just don't care. I will wait until the end of this event to see how this shakes out, and how gree management works this out --- My faction is still putting real money into gold because it shows we are still stop 10 -- again, another misleading function from GREE saying how many points we are from Top 3, but yet we are higher than the top 10 we show?

If this does not work out to my satisfaction, I swear to the Internet powers at be, my attorneys draft a letter Thursday morning.. Another 5-10K for legal fees are insignificant.. I will be sure to fight my ass off to make this right..

I just promise the people that spent their hard earned money on this fiasco, you will not be a silent minority - I will break balls on the net, and through my company staff attorneys until I feel full restitution as been made..

This event should be shut down now, every gold piece spent should be refunded, and this should really be tested and not advertised as working fully when it clearly isn't.

--

bcodemz
01-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Anyone who feel ripped off by spending gold on this event should file a credit card chargeback for your gold purchases. There is overwhelming evidence of fraud and credit card companies will easily refund all your money back.

killian121212
01-20-2013, 01:49 PM
anyone else on android not get a scratcher since this event started?

Fuzzyky
01-20-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm still really ticked off about the defence leader issue. I am my faction's defence leader and as far as I can tell, I've never had a successful attack against me and never more than 8 failed attacks in one war. According to how I read the FAQ, our shield should still be up and my members protected but they are getting attacked. Either our shield is not working or I am not getting reports of attacks against me. Any explanation?

I've got 8 losses in our 8 wars... I agree with what one other poster said.. The ONLY thing working is the gold buy feature. The is complete bull****!

Issaquah
01-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Mindbo,
Our player summary hasn't worked from day 1. All we have is our totals from the end of each battle and no way to know if that is accurate beyond assumption. Our overall total has dropped a couple times each day to the point that our. Irds t 'total' is where it was on day 1. I'm sure it will reset again shortly.

What gree is missin out on is that we figure to be in the top 25-100 range and don't know if we should push for 25 or not and have dropped our gold usage because of it.

Enott
01-20-2013, 02:32 PM
It doesn't seem to be working either..

The last wars we've had (about 9 or 10) - NO one has beaten me.. Yet my guys get their butts kicked before I'm down, beaten or our wall is down.. Or is that not how the mechanic is supposed to work?

Delphine
01-20-2013, 03:08 PM
New to the Forum, I have skimmed this thread and feel better that I am not alone in the absurdity of the support and response given.

The game being glitchy at times, well any MMO may have hiccups. I understand that, but to advertise events or results especially when real money is spent and not delivered does at best aggravate the participants and at worse--amount to bad business.

I have spent a lot on gold. And have had ridiculous results when faced with issues (for example during Tropical event), had game crash on 10th crate and did not receive my gold or the loot... Emailed Gree and they couldn't fix the issue. Really? My account shows the timing and amount of gold bought and what the gold bought...soooo? where's the technical difficulty in realizing I was robbed?

Events appear to be increasingly rigged towards not being fun and rewarding, but ramped upwards to try to get people spend more on worse results. That is a pattern for failure...many iOS/Droid game developers can see that.

Also, to put it in perspective, a new release PS3/Xbox/Wii game is $59.99 USA. But many people including myself have spent ten times or more that amount on this ONE GAME.

If this persists all I can recommend is everyone stop supporting Gree financial and warn people to not even waste a penny on a trap of poor support, glitchy events, and bad fixes for issues.

Humbly,
Delphine

Delphine
01-20-2013, 03:09 PM
This is the second time (3 day PvP event) where Gree's leaderboard is frozen or non-existence. What sort of contest is it where Teams cannot see how they are doing as the event continues? SMH....

trickpat16
01-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Looks like the Leaderboard is updated now, but the team's WD points (in top left) haven't updated yet.

Tate
01-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Welcome to the Gree world!

RolandBorrey
01-20-2013, 03:13 PM
How do you think they would do that? There is no way they can go back and recalculate points for every faction. I think we should fight back and give this game 1 star reviews everywhere. We got to hold these people accountable.
With their terrible performances, GRee might have killed the game, who will ever trust them again, the Battle for bresil day 3 is the last day i have used gold, from now on I am a free player, sorry Gree, I have been 40 years in the software industry, I saw some sour points, but nothing like this! Gree you have a record for poor performance that will be hard to erase!

trickpat16
01-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Concerning WD points, it appears the individual player points are calculating correctly, just not the faction's on the top left of the screen. So if you want to know your faction's point total, just add up the individual members.

But if the Leaderboad is accurate and recently updated, that means they have all the points stored, it's just not displaying.

Jean marc
01-20-2013, 03:28 PM

I agree, at the end it is hard to put something like this without any bug.

mikebarth1955
01-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Just another issue, it has happened more than once that we The Coalition Elite have had to go to war and all team members have denied declaring war. The last two times it has happened has been against the same faction East Coast Elite. This could be just a coincidence, and I am not one to cast dispersion, but can someone check whether this is a coincident or not. The other coincidence on both occasions it has occurred just after we have completed a battle, therefore we had little or no health

This game is really starting to give me the runs. I agree with previous posts there needs to be some sort of class action against the game creators. No- one should be able to get away with such blatant maltreatment of its loyal customers.

I am a member of East Coast Elite. We pressed the "Declare War" button. We did not have anything to do with who came up on the other end. So I appreciate you not casting "dispersions" on us, friend.

edit: Oh, and by the way, we started a war accidentally ourselves once. Except that one of our members fessed up to jumping the gun. Of course, that was us, not you.

Alaneapen
01-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Our points are being taken away wtf.

trickpat16
01-20-2013, 03:40 PM
There is really only one amicable way to address this mess of an event.

1. Cancel the event now
2. Return all fortifications, gold and game money spent on WD event (return to game, not refund real money). Note, this would only apply to direct WD purchases, such as refreshing health and buying fortifications, not for purchasing units or upgrading buildings.
3. Void all prizes (sorry people)
4. treat this like a beta test
5. Restart the event on Friday, assuming all bugs are fixed

This is truly the only way to correct the issue. I assume this would suffice for 95% of users, along with a quick apology for not having the bugs worked out.

The other option is for GREE to keep all the gold and basically say, "Sorry guys, but please keep spending money". Then 95% of users are pissed off and many people leave the game permanently. Some may even cancel their payments via credit card or go as far as a class action suit.

This is a fairly easy solution. GREE, don't risk the entire game over one weekend. Being a public company, customer service should come first, especially when the issue is clearly on GREE's end.

Thoughts?

commander Don
01-20-2013, 03:47 PM
depending on how this major f up is handled will depend on weather I walk into my bank and force the charges to be reversed.
Very serious about that and its out of principle.

I really hope this gets resolved.

commander Don
01-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Itunes of course delivered what they said - so they won't get refunded from Apple -- but this is directly from Apple Itunes Support:

Thank you for contacting iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Ghel and I will be your iTunes Store Advisor for today.

As I understand, you were having an issue with the app "Modern War" because the In-Apps doesn't function as expected. I know how alarming it is on your part since you have a lot of purchases made on this app. No worries, allow me to explain this further.

Regrettably, we were informed by Apple that this is not a valid reason to refund direct from us because our end worked properly, but the developer has to fix this issue on their end. You may dispute these charges through your bank.

Additionally because these are third-party purchases made through an Application, it is the responsibility of the developer to make sure they function as promised. Should they be lost or not function it is their responsibility to rectify the situation. I understand that they have been unresponsive and I apologize for the inconvenience but I recommend that you continue to try and contact them directly. If not, we strongly encourage you to contact your bank to initiate charge back proceedings as the application is not performing as advertised.

---

Well there you have it..

all read this info

Oceanz
01-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Since iOS users were able to participate in the Battle for Brazil at least a day before Android users, is there any chance the top 500 Android factions can get an additional prize or something like that?

Just a suggestion.

Alpha dog
01-20-2013, 04:00 PM
well done commander Don, and although not a big gold spender I will consider the same course.

I suggest all others do as well, the lose of WD battle points, non working Leader boards, frozen WD points during battle, 3 hits per health bar, faction member leader boards on main WD page not working, and countless other problems says it does not perform as advertised.

The idea is great, executed poorly. We understand a few problems but this is riddled with them, taking the fun out for too many.

FIX the problems or refund the gold. Or banks WILL refund the money

actually just realized Enott posted the info, but thanks for bringing it to our attention

cooch
01-20-2013, 04:02 PM
all read this info

Shoot holes through what I am about to say. You bought the Gold through Apple ITunes. Apple is not responsible. Gree, the vendor is, however you did not pay them; you paid Apple.

If you decide to dispute the charge with your credit card company the dispute is between you and Apple which fulfilled their obligation. You would lose that dispute as I'm sure Gree is not the first 3rd party application company that has caused injustice to buyers. Your credit card company may agree to pay you back but they also may elect to refuse any further apple Itune purchases.

The only way I see the logic of Apple Itunes CSR is if many people dispute credit card charges and specifically cite Gree as issue when Credit Card company contacts Apple about dispute that something breaks.

Need both an US (only) contract lawyer and anyone that has disputed grievances like this with Apple/Itunes/credit card to weigh in on what can happen.

stuartb
01-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Since iOS users were able to participate in the Battle for Brazil at least a day before Android users, is there any chance the top 500 Android factions can get an additional prize or something like that?

I have the Kindle Fire Android version, and it was excluded from this altogether. I was irritated then, but I guess that worked out for me, huh? I am happy to be excluded.

I have an LLP that is on an iPod Touch and i put together a small faction on that one. When I went to download the new-and-improved MW with the wonderful new features for WD, i found that it could not be downloaded because it requires iOS 4.3 or higher. Oopsy! GREE forgot to tell me that. I was irritated then, but like the Android issue, I guess that worked out for me, huh?

Thank you for excluding me, GREE! For all the rest of you people, I'm sorry for your loss.

commander Don
01-20-2013, 04:10 PM
I am positive gree will do the right thing, future events could be profitable for them. Its basic logic to resolve the problem and after all there only human.. hopefully humans with a conscious :)

trickpat16
01-20-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm very surprised that whether you win or lose a WD battle doesn't matter...it's all about the points. To generate a spirit of competitiveness, I think the Winner should get a battle bonus of 10% of the Loser's points generated in the battle (and the Loser would lose those points). The actual bonus for a Winner can be debated, but I think most of us would agree that the Winner should get something for...ahem...winning.

Archer59
01-20-2013, 04:37 PM
It doesn't seem to be working either..

The last wars we've had (about 9 or 10) - NO one has beaten me.. Yet my guys get their butts kicked before I'm down, beaten or our wall is down.. Or is that not how the mechanic is supposed to work?My take from using all my health each battle on the D Leader is that all the attackers have to do is beat the shield. It appears that it drops at different rates depending on the strength of the D Leader. Not saying I'm right but we faced a guy with 117k D and were finally able to hit his team and eventually won. Our top Attack is only 64k.

trickpat16
01-20-2013, 04:49 PM
I agree with Archer, it appears that you can attack a Defense Leader, and eventually defeat them through attacks, even if you don't actually win in a PvP.

Wufnu
01-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Concerning WD points, it appears the individual player points are calculating correctly, just not the faction's on the top left of the screen. So if you want to know your faction's point total, just add up the individual members.

But if the Leaderboad is accurate and recently updated, that means they have all the points stored, it's just not displaying.

But the point remains that you don't know exactly where you're at unless you're right at the top. I can extrapolate that we're in the top 100 but where in the top 100?

Enott
01-20-2013, 05:37 PM
Shoot holes through what I am about to say. You bought the Gold through Apple ITunes. Apple is not responsible. Gree, the vendor is, however you did not pay them; you paid Apple.

If you decide to dispute the charge with your credit card company the dispute is between you and Apple which fulfilled their obligation. You would lose that dispute as I'm sure Gree is not the first 3rd party application company that has caused injustice to buyers. Your credit card company may agree to pay you back but they also may elect to refuse any further apple Itune purchases.

The only way I see the logic of Apple Itunes CSR is if many people dispute credit card charges and specifically cite Gree as issue when Credit Card company contacts Apple about dispute that something breaks.

Need both an US (only) contract lawyer and anyone that has disputed grievances like this with Apple/Itunes/credit card to weigh in on what can happen.

I tend to disagree wholeheartedly. While I don't wish to play armchair or Internet attorney, I do believe that Apple / Itunes acts as a facilitator. I believe they process the transaction for a 30% commission - and that's standard. I'm pretty confident that they make 30% off of the deposit account or typical ACH that they send whatever designee Gree has. However, Apple fulfilled their part of the service. In other words, I wasn't buying music from Itunes. I was buying an application that the company offers (Gree) and Apple / Itunes is the method of distribution and processor. So I would think that of course when the charge back is made from the bank, in the standard agreement Apple has with all Vendors, they are responsible for chargebacks, and then of course Apple will also reverse the commission they will recover with whatever some other clause Apple has in the agreement. An Apple representative told me the course of action. The only actionable possibility I see is that Gree could turn an attorney on someone that did a chargeback, but quite frankly, again, they were selling a broken product, reported, and proven time and time again. The legal bills would be astronomical. Especially if they were to file papers against me, who would promptly respond and show a pattern of deceptive practice throughout many of their properties.

I will give them the opportunity if this is made right to replace what money/gold was spent to build up for the ultimate of events. If not, then other avenues will be pursued.

Quite frankly don't care what any of you say or do. I'm extremely confident that my documentation that I will provide to American Express, will agree with me, and any lawyer with even just passing the bar can understand how this product has seriously financial liabilities all over it. Even spending money today - when our faction showed top 10 - (now we are like 800K) - for 3 days it showed that.. There was no disclaimer in the game that it was lagged, or not up to date - We spent more money to make sure our position was solidified.

That's obtaining currency under false pretenses. It's fraud.

Much like the bonus' for items that didn't work for how long? Much like buildings - even upgrades for your faction.

You all know what I'm talking about.. I know I'm new to this community here.. But let me tell you, I'm at the age of being able to play "combat" on my atari 2600 for 5, 10 bucks a game.. I've been around the block a few times..

This is absolute horror. This is the business model - get as much money as they can, refund, bonus, negotiate what they have to, as long as more comes in than goes out (and they do eventually do their best to get things right) -- It works.. Problem here is that they release things that they advertise does precise things, attribute boosts, whatever. As soon as that's available for me to spend real money on, and it doesn't work - it's fraud. I really would doubt the argument that it missed it past through testing either.. Regardless how fast they push the builds.. (Yeah I have a small software company too) --

Whatever.. Can't believe the 49'ers are in the SB :)

Wufnu
01-20-2013, 05:44 PM
I tend to disagree wholeheartedly. While I don't wish to play armchair or Internet attorney, I do believe that Apple / Itunes acts as a facilitator. I believe they process the transaction for a 30% commission - and that's standard. I'm pretty confident that they make 30% off of the deposit account or typical ACH that they send whatever designee Gree has. However, Apple fulfilled their part of the service. In other words, I wasn't buying music from Itunes. I was buying an application that the company offers (Gree) and Apple / Itunes is the method of distribution and processor. So I would think that of course when the charge back is made from the bank, in the standard agreement Apple has with all Vendors, they are responsible for chargebacks, and then of course Apple will also reverse the commission they will recover with whatever some other clause Apple has in the agreement. An Apple representative told me the course of action. The only actionable possibility I see is that Gree could turn an attorney on someone that did a chargeback, but quite frankly, again, they were selling a broken product, reported, and proven time and time again. The legal bills would be astronomical. Especially if they were to file papers against me, who would promptly respond and show a pattern of deceptive practice throughout many of their properties.

I will give them the opportunity if this is made right to replace what money/gold was spent to build up for the ultimate of events. If not, then other avenues will be pursued.

Quite frankly don't care what any of you say or do. I'm extremely confident that my documentation that I will provide to American Express, will agree with me, and any lawyer with even just passing the bar can understand how this product has seriously financial liabilities all over it. Even spending money today - when our faction showed top 10 - (now we are like 800K) - for 3 days it showed that.. There was no disclaimer in the game that it was lagged, or not up to date - We spent more money to make sure our position was solidified.

That's obtaining currency under false pretenses. It's fraud.

Much like the bonus' for items that didn't work for how long? Much like buildings - even upgrades for your faction.

You all know what I'm talking about.. I know I'm new to this community here.. But let me tell you, I'm at the age of being able to play "combat" on my atari 2600 for 5, 10 bucks a game.. I've been around the block a few times..

This is absolute horror. This is the business model - get as much money as they can, refund, bonus, negotiate what they have to, as long as more comes in than goes out (and they do eventually do their best to get things right) -- It works.. Problem here is that they release things that they advertise does precise things, attribute boosts, whatever. As soon as that's available for me to spend real money on, and it doesn't work - it's fraud. I really would doubt the argument that it missed it past through testing either.. Regardless how fast they push the builds.. (Yeah I have a small software company too) --

Whatever.. Can't believe the 49'ers are in the SB :)

How does this work when you purchase an I-Tunes card with cash and use it for Gree Gold?

Yeah I was at Tony's in Tomales Bay eating oysters when the game ended. Great game.

Enott
01-20-2013, 05:48 PM

My problem is not with Apple, nor would I do a chargeback on a song. However - every funzio / gree invoice:

Item Seller Type Unit Price
Modern War, Vault of Gold
Report a Problem Funzio, Inc In-App Purchase $59.99
Subtotal: $59.99
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $59.99

My point is - that is why I am doing the chargeback. I would start with report a problem, for proper documentation - then I would escalate to bank. With supporting documentation.

These people are really horrible.

They just don't care. They are profitable running their businesses this way it seems.

Wufnu
01-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Hehe, Check this out.
http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?k=Job&su=f8D9Vfwz&c=qS99VfwP&j=oQGkWfww&s=Indeed&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

Enott
01-20-2013, 05:55 PM
How does this work when you purchase an I-Tunes card with cash and use it for Gree Gold?

Yeah I was at Tony's in Tomales Bay eating oysters when the game ended. Great game.

I have many such purchases because of the 20% (100 dollar cards for 80.00 at bestbuy) and other retailers that they were running..

That will be interesting.. The invoice will be different, and say how it was paid for (instead of credit card) - but it seems these waters must be tested as well..

cooch
01-20-2013, 06:00 PM
My problem is not with Apple, nor would I do a chargeback on a song. However - every funzio / gree invoice:

Item Seller Type Unit Price
Modern War, Vault of Gold
Report a Problem Funzio, Inc In-App Purchase $59.99
Subtotal: $59.99
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $59.99

My point is - that is why I am doing the chargeback. I would start with report a problem, for proper documentation - then I would escalate to bank. With supporting documentation.

These people are really horrible.

They just don't care. They are profitable running their businesses this way it seems.

Amex does a very good job on followup complaints with a very formalized system. They don't like to give refunds for continual issues. If enough Amex holders complain then they will directly discuss issue with Apple. Same applies if you charged on major credit cards where if they get enough complaints with same thread they will do the same. That being said I can tell you from experience that one methodology including Amex is simply not to approve purchases from the Vendor unless you directly authorize in situations like this.

The way Apple looks at purchasing pixels, movies, songs is the same. Commission, no responsibility for vendor issues, and have garnered $1BB in sales at ITunes store using this policy. Good luck and let us know how it works as I'm sure others will follow suit or start purchasing via Amex if they have one!

chimera69
01-20-2013, 06:12 PM
How to get the defensive leader down...

There still seems to be a bit of confusion for some this far into the event about how you take down the opposing defensive leader. I'm finding it a bit painful to watch, so please let me help...

Defensive leader can be defeated by either:
1 - 1 successful regular hit by someone stronger than them
OR
2 - 10 unsuccessful regular hits by anyone weaker than them
OR
3 - 2 powerhits

Everything I've outlined is stated in the rules. Read the rules. Then re-read them. This is a very helpful forum in general. But, that won't apply to sharing specific faction strategies, etc. (& I don't blame anyone for not sharing for this type of event). No offense meant to anyone whatsoever (I swear), but this particular info should be common knowledge for every faction by now.

Good luck to you all in the wars! :)

zebadul
01-20-2013, 06:24 PM
How long does it take to get your full life back after war ends without using gold/when can I go to battle again

chimera69
01-20-2013, 06:37 PM
How long does it take to get your full life back after war ends without using gold/when can I go to battle again

You have 100 health points. It regenerates @ rate of 1 point per minute (may be slightly faster if have faction health boosts). Sit down & do a little math, experiment a little, watch the clock, etc. There really is quite a bit a team can figure out with a little time, dedication, & patience :)

Wufnu
01-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Amex does a very good job on followup complaints with a very formalized system. They don't like to give refunds for continual issues. If enough Amex holders complain then they will directly discuss issue with Apple. Same applies if you charged on major credit cards where if they get enough complaints with same thread they will do the same. That being said I can tell you from experience that one methodology including Amex is simply not to approve purchases from the Vendor unless you directly authorize in situations like this.

The way Apple looks at purchasing pixels, movies, songs is the same. Commission, no responsibility for vendor issues, and have garnered $1BB in sales at ITunes store using this policy. Good luck and let us know how it works as I'm sure others will follow suit or start purchasing via Amex if they have one!

Personally I'm not going to go this route as I haven't spent much on this WD event. All my gold purchases have been for units with very few exceptions when I couldn't resist hitting the regen button.

If this thing ends up with our faction getting the sh&^ end of the stick again then I'm just going to ask them to put the gold back into my account that I used for WD. And that's only going to amount to about 200 gold give or take.

Gree Inc is right down the road from me. I suppose if I was pissed off enough about the product as a whole (which to be honest I'm not) I would just take them to small claims court if I couldn't get them to refund my money in real cash.

zebadul
01-20-2013, 06:48 PM
You have 100 health points. It regenerates @ rate of 1 point per minute (may be slightly faster if have faction health boosts). Sit down & do a little math, experiment a little, watch the clock, etc. There really is quite a bit a team can figure out with a little time, dedication, & patience :)thanks we had figured a little over a hour which is crazy

trickpat16
01-20-2013, 06:53 PM
The Leaderboard now shows the Top 2000 instead of Top 5000. Things seem to change out of the blue...

Clank
01-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Health regen speed major downer. Takes too long w/o gold and with inaccurate stats, not a fair playing ground. I've spent far too much money to not get accurate stats and my money's worth in this event.
So well put!My faction is missing 80k points now. This is not good at all. Tell GREE there will be factions raiding their offices if we don't get a solution soon. Thank you CJ for the continuous info and I hope we get our points back. We were battling for the top 100 and gold has been spent. Good luck

Clank
01-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Don't even get me started on the fortifications and bonuses. What an astronomical waste of money. It would be nice to have some in game FAQS for items you purchase instead of having to troll though the forum for facts. The millions upon millions my team donated would have been far better spent on health.
I tend to disagree wholeheartedly. While I don't wish to play armchair or Internet attorney, I do believe that Apple / Itunes acts as a facilitator. I believe they process the transaction for a 30% commission - and that's standard. I'm pretty confident that they make 30% off of the deposit account or typical ACH that they send whatever designee Gree has. However, Apple fulfilled their part of the service. In other words, I wasn't buying music from Itunes. I was buying an application that the company offers (Gree) and Apple / Itunes is the method of distribution and processor. So I would think that of course when the charge back is made from the bank, in the standard agreement Apple has with all Vendors, they are responsible for chargebacks, and then of course Apple will also reverse the commission they will recover with whatever some other clause Apple has in the agreement. An Apple representative told me the course of action. The only actionable possibility I see is that Gree could turn an attorney on someone that did a chargeback, but quite frankly, again, they were selling a broken product, reported, and proven time and time again. The legal bills would be astronomical. Especially if they were to file papers against me, who would promptly respond and show a pattern of deceptive practice throughout many of their properties.I will give them the opportunity if this is made right to replace what money/gold was spent to build up for the ultimate of events. If not, then other avenues will be pursued.Quite frankly don't care what any of you say or do. I'm extremely confident that my documentation that I will provide to American Express, will agree with me, and any lawyer with even just passing the bar can understand how this product has seriously financial liabilities all over it. Even spending money today - when our faction showed top 10 - (now we are like 800K) - for 3 days it showed that.. There was no disclaimer in the game that it was lagged, or not up to date - We spent more money to make sure our position was solidified.That's obtaining currency under false pretenses. It's fraud.Much like the bonus' for items that didn't work for how long? Much like buildings - even upgrades for your faction.You all know what I'm talking about.. I know I'm new to this community here.. But let me tell you, I'm at the age of being able to play "combat" on my atari 2600 for 5, 10 bucks a game.. I've been around the block a few times..This is absolute horror. This is the business model - get as much money as they can, refund, bonus, negotiate what they have to, as long as more comes in than goes out (and they do eventually do their best to get things right) -- It works.. Problem here is that they release things that they advertise does precise things, attribute boosts, whatever. As soon as that's available for me to spend real money on, and it doesn't work - it's fraud. I really would doubt the argument that it missed it past through testing either.. Regardless how fast they push the builds.. (Yeah I have a small software company too) --Whatever.. Can't believe the 49'ers are in the SB :)

Rapg635
01-20-2013, 07:14 PM
C, can a fortification/wall be upgraded or rebuilt during a battle? Thanks very much

dc-mike
01-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Defensive leader can be defeated by either:
1 - 1 successful regular hit by someone stronger than them
OR
2 - 10 unsuccessful regular hits by anyone weaker than them
OR
3 - 2 powerhits

Everything I've outlined is stated in the rules...

Shouldn't it be:
1 - 1 successful regular/power attack
OR
2 - 10 unsuccessful regular attacks
OR
3 - 2 unsuccessful power attacks

It's not 100% clear in the help. But this is how I got it.

Furthermore I can't find any information about what the Level of the players in the battle list means. Mostly it's two or three! Do you have any information on this?

Also (since the scoring system is messed up) it's not clear to me if all WD points you get count or if you need to win the war. The help says:

...your faction will be matched up with other factions of similar attack strength, fighting to win World Domination (WD) points.
So we need to win the war or just the attacks?

hokank1
01-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Stop buying gold. It's the only thing that these Greedy chumps understand.

chimera69
01-20-2013, 08:00 PM
thanks we had figured a little over a hour which is crazy

I know. We get all worked up for war & spend most of the hour waiting on more health. Kinda anti-climatic.

Davian Hax
01-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Thanks CJ for the reply on the missing domination points issue. I hope u guys fix it soon. People should start giving u tech guys moral support through this event, I bet starting this event without a 'test run' was an executive decision. Upper management is to blame for this one. Good luck techies and Godspeed 👍

Majorpattycakes
01-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Do wins and losses matter for anything or is it just points we are after?

iamnasty
01-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Do wins and losses matter for anything or is it just points we are after?

Just POINTS

cheers:D

nic4msu
01-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Shouldn't it be:
OR
OR

Furthermore I can't find any information about what the Level of the players in the battle list means. Mostly it's two or three! Do you have any information on this?

Also (since the scoring system is messed up) it's not clear to me if all WD points you get count or if you need to win the war. The help says:

I believe you are correct about taking down defense leader & power boosts

The numbers in the stars mean:
1: Leader
2: Officer
3: Member

You do not need to win the war. All points count (or will, once the counters work properly). To get your actual faction totals while we wait for the fix, add the individual points of each member together. These numbers appear to accurate (or at least reasonably close).

chimera69
01-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Shouldn't it be:
OR
OR

Your not incorrect, per se, about hits to take down defensive leader. But add a layer of efficiency to your thoughts about how to utilize hits & health. It does take 1 successful regular/power attack to defeat him. But a regular successful hit takes 100% of his defense @ a cost of 1/4 of your health. A power attack costs all of your health to deliver. So, it may be more productive to do 1 regular hit 1st, as all you need is a single success. If it works, you've saved yourself hits to use on the other players. If that 1 hit doesn't work, then 2 power attacks does the job. We may be saying the exact same thing, just wording it a bit differently :)

The numbered stars appear to correspond to the player's intrafaction rank or designation. 1= leader, 2 = officer, 3 = member. It tells you absolutely nothing about their individual strength, etc.

CJ54 (one of gree's admins on the forums) has stated a couple times that number of wins/losses mean nothing. Only the overall number of points accumulated are important.

Hope this info helps.

chimera69
01-20-2013, 08:30 PM
C, can a fortification/wall be upgraded or rebuilt during a battle? Thanks very much

When you're actively engaged in a war, you can't build or upgrade the fort/wall. But you can do so as many times as you want before you declare war again.

Shrinko
01-21-2013, 01:26 AM

They have the correct scores? Really? They just don't want to show them to us? Come on, you really think they have a magic server? Assuming that the individual scores are kept straight, the only way to come up with correct scores is to add up individual scores. Are they really going to do that for over 5,000 factions? Lets see how fast they are going to tell us the winners once the event is over. When scores come out, just think about the fact that so far they haven't been able to keep scores straight and how many days they have been working on score-keeping. By "how many days", I don't mean just the time since the event started. They have been working on this way before Jan 18th, so keeping that in mind, if they come up with the scores a day after the event ends, you'll know where the scores came from. Now, just go back and keep wasting your $$ and giving them 5 star reviews in Apple store.

Gerry c
01-21-2013, 02:01 AM
why have none of our factions (victory is ours) points been added or all our victories and
our losses still stuck on won two lost two and 5491 points
i have nearly thirty thousand myself ???
how does this get fixed or are we doing something wrong ?????
upto now pretty pointless weekend playing this battle

Dcarrington
01-21-2013, 04:10 AM
How are some this Fractions racking up so many points where the fraction I'm in can only seem to get 5 to 8 thousand per war if that. Can someone please let me in on the secret!

nic4msu
01-21-2013, 04:15 AM
How are some this Fractions racking up so many points where the fraction I'm in can only seem to get 5 to 8 thousand per war if that. Can someone please let me in on the secret!

Gold. What I want to know is how they got around the glitch that steals their points and resets it back to a laughably small number shortly after every battle.

nic4msu
01-21-2013, 04:17 AM

I'm not C, but the answer is No.

Scorpiocmw1979
01-21-2013, 06:36 AM
that automated "cue card response" is to let you know that they received your support request and will get back to you.

I have always received a response back... even if onetime it took almost a month to get the issue fixed... point is they fixed it.

Frustrating? Heck Yeah it was and so is this...

Running off at the mouth and thinking you've been scammed bamboozled and robbed is kinda hilarious to me... we are all protected by the Gods of Visa MasterCard Discover and AMEX... then APPLE would also step in...

but it wont get that far, because GREE spent hundreds of millions to buy funzio (originator of these games) and they will make sure we all get satisfied in the end.

we wont be joyfully jumping for joy, but simply, we will be satisfied

for a visual demonstration... Add :) + :( = Satisfied...

neither happy nor raging upset and lawyering up and gathering our posse up with baseball batsi am not speaking about the initial response that let you know they have received your support ticket....I'm talking about the two week(if you even receive reply) response you get! I have played this game for over a year! I know how they work brother! I am speaking about the " we apologize for the inconvenience we are looking into this issue thanks for your patience" response :) And then you just wait and wait and wait and still you get no resolution! However, you can have your name changed twenty times a day no problem!!

oijonesey
01-21-2013, 06:38 AM
Apologies if this has been posted I have tried searching but there's so many results and most of them only pick up on the word progress.

My question is on the Globe Icon there is what looks like a progress bar - if it is one what progress does it represent?

Scorpiocmw1979
01-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Anyone who feel ripped off by spending gold on this event should file a credit card chargeback for your gold purchases. There is overwhelming evidence of fraud and credit card companies will easily refund all your money back.i feel screwed but, no not ripped off! It is up to the consumer to do homework...you don't just buy a car without some knowledge! I just want them to pause the event and stop pushing out data that has not tested prior to pushing it out:/ I spent the money I have(not as much as some) on this game don't want a refund not crying about that! Just want them to know that this game will flop like a fish outta water if they dont resolve these non testing issues! That's all :)

Fuzzyky
01-21-2013, 07:19 AM
Apologies if this has been posted I have tried searching but there's so many results and most of them only pick up on the word progress.

My question is on the Globe Icon there is what looks like a progress bar - if it is one what progress does it represent?

I thought it was a frustration meter myself......

Alo
01-21-2013, 07:24 AM
any idea when leaderboards start to work? Ours is still very stuck, missing ****load of points (our biggest member has almoust 2x the points than it shows whole team has). All is SO ****ED UP!!!

and ofc:

I get either You need to join a faction when I am already in one or server update error

not to mention the unfairity. There still should be SOME limitations, who can attack who, otherwise 150+ levels higher ppl than U hit and smash U badly.

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 07:44 AM
I get either You need to join a faction when I am already in one or server update error

I've had that a few times Alo but if I pick a different member to attack it goes away. The only time it's been a real issue was when I was trying to power attack a DL. For that I feel Gree owes me 25 gold.

Clownius
01-21-2013, 07:50 AM
I must be super lucky. It looks like after a slight delay each time my leader board shows relatively ok now.

One thing that does have me bugged though is the leader board showing up to top 2k not 5k. Considering im basically fighting single handed for my alliance it would be nice to see how much effort i need to put in for that top 5k spot.

P.S Is it just me on Android who cant change my DL?

zebadul
01-21-2013, 08:02 AM
I must be super lucky. It looks like after a slight delay each time my leader board shows relatively ok now.

One thing that does have me bugged though is the leader board showing up to top 2k not 5k. Considering im basically fighting single handed for my alliance it would be nice to see how much effort i need to put in for that top 5k spot.
G
P.S Is it just me on Android who cant change my DL? I don't think you can while the battle is going on

Clownius
01-21-2013, 08:03 AM
Not even between wars?

zebadul
01-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Not even between wars? I'm pretty sure you have to do that at the end of the battle for brazil

Clownius
01-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Ok well thats a tad late as im dropping from the alliance at that point lol

My WD points 17,870
Only other player to fight 80.....

My alliance has 10 members including one over 20 levels higher than me with stats 25% higher....

Sick of doing it alone and though i may make the higher level guy contribute somehow other than just getting us harder opponents lol

zebadul
01-21-2013, 08:19 AM
You will have to wait til the battle is over to leave faction

Clownius
01-21-2013, 08:23 AM
That bit i had already worked out :p

zebadul
01-21-2013, 08:26 AM
That bit i had already worked out :p
Gotcha dude sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do lol need a ally my code is 266812815

DMJ
01-21-2013, 09:27 AM
CJ Every time I click on the globe I automatically start a war. I would like to be able to go into the globe to see if we are at war so I could fight. I don't want to start one every time I go in. Can this be fixed, or if it is fixed can you let us know? Thanks

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 09:55 AM
You're sick of doing it alone?

I have 437,185 of our 530k points ;)

Ok well thats a tad late as im dropping from the alliance at that point lol

My WD points 17,870
Only other player to fight 80.....

My alliance has 10 members including one over 20 levels higher than me with stats 25% higher....

Sick of doing it alone and though i may make the higher level guy contribute somehow other than just getting us harder opponents lol

Clownius
01-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Yeah looks like your carrying a lot more than your fair share.

On another note the top list just had a major update and im taking my bat and my ball and going home at this point.

No way i can keep us in the top 5k at this point i dont think. Was fun while it lasted.

Would be great to know where the top 5k number was instead of the top 2k. Im guessing its a tad different

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 10:06 AM
We I will be cutting a ton of players and looking for good solid contributors, keep us in mind and screen shot your wd stats if you're going to want in, thanks

Clownius
01-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Already had an offer i cant refuse sorry :D

Lets just say im a proud ANZAC

If they will have me that is. Im not exactly a top level player. Just a lowly 106 with 20k stats

baddog_to
01-21-2013, 10:25 AM
I thought it was a frustration meter myself......
LMAO!! that's good but if it really were a frustration bar, it would have exploded Friday afternoon!

Commander-ace
01-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Maybe the software company should spend more time in fixing their software.. There are three other members in my faction that can not even fight in the battles (Brazilian war). The points have been inconsistent and bouncing all over the place.

I will probably drop the buggy game - what a piece of crap!

Warholio
01-21-2013, 11:14 AM

Milspec, do you want to join our faction? We have a great group. Let me know if interested.

Jean marc
01-21-2013, 11:37 AM
all my faction members were able to fight at the beginning of the war, and all of a sudden one of them found himself in multiple faction, even showed in a faction that we were at war with creepy.. could not attack him got msg you have to be in a faction to attack loll

Milspec1
01-21-2013, 11:38 AM
No thank you, massive amount of time, effort & money invested in my own Faction thanks though

Milspec, do you want to join our faction? We have a great group. Let me know if interested.

Maddog11
01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
thank you for fixing the WD totals, but in doing so we are in a declaring war loop, finish one and starts right back into another...MAKE IT STOP PLEASE

ohwhatafinish
01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
The Battle for Brazil is almost upon us. This event, the first of the World Domination events, will start at 9 AM PST on 1/18 and end Wednesday 1/23 at 12 noon PST.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support and feedback, and also to offer some helpful tips to get the most out of the event:

The Matching System:

During the event, your faction will be able to Declare War. Doing this will tell the system "We're ready for a fight", and the system will start looking for another faction to pair you with. Declaring war will cost one fortification. The system looks at the following to determine an appropriate foe:

1: The overall strength of your faction: The sum of your faction's power will be compared to the sum of the other faction's power when looking for potential match-ups.

2: The Faction's WD Rank: This is based on how well you are doing in the contest.

3: How many match-ups you have had with the guild during the event.

The system will spend 20 minutes looking for a match-up. As this time goes on, the parameters will relax slightly. If a match-up is not found in 20 minutes, your guild will have to declare war again and the system will start looking again.

When a match-up is made, a special UI will come up that will allow you to attack the other faction's members (starting with the defense leader if he has not been defeated). You will have one hour after the match-up starts to attack the other faction, during which time the other faction will also be attacking you. For this reason, it is very important to coordinate war declarations with your faction to maximize the number of people online during an attack.

What to do in the case of a difficult match-up:

Due to the above system, you may face a variety of overall power levels (although they should be fairly close, especially as the event goes on). If you get a difficult match-up, you can attack the Command Center of the other faction instead of the players. This will result in less points per attack, but remember that it will take more than a single match-up to decide the Battle for Brazil. The winning factions will be the ones that have the most World Domination points at the end, which means the prizes for this event will ultimately go to the most dedicated and best organized.

A new update will be required to see the event tomorrow:

You will have to download a new update to participate, and that update is currently being prepped (i.e. it is not in the App Store yet). As soon as it is released, we will post on the forums to announce it so that everyone can download the update.

If anyone has any additional questions, I will do my best to answer them today.

The matching system needs a total overall. It should be done individually so you don't get level 200 players taking out level 30 players. Or you can only attack players + or - 5 levels to you get better matching.

ohwhatafinish
01-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Maybe the software company should spend more time in fixing their software.. There are three other members in my faction that can not even fight in the battles (Brazilian war). The points have been inconsistent and bouncing all over the place.

I will probably drop the buggy game - what a piece of crap!

Probably the thoughts of 99% of the players. Well said

Jean marc
01-21-2013, 12:39 PM
the leader board just got worst it took a 180,000 battle point from us again, can you give us a clue for when this will be fixed,

Shamew
01-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Why is there a difference in the level of prizes on the globe tab vs the ones listed in the info (?) on the globe?

Major Silverback
01-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Why is there a difference in the level of prizes on the globe tab vs the ones listed in the info (?) on the globe?

I've been trying to get an answer on why the leader board list top 2000 and awards window has no top 2000, but top 5000?

zebadul
01-21-2013, 02:03 PM

I've been trying to get an answer on why the leader board list top 2000 and awards window has no top 2000, but top 5000?
Must be closed for m.l.k.
day

seaagg
01-21-2013, 02:23 PM
We've been having autostart issues as well, and to make matters worse our leader has not been able to log on so we haven't been able to re-purchase fortifications. Not to mention many of our other players haven't been able to get on either.

The update right before the start of the war hampered everybody's efforts as well, this truly was not very organized.

Vegaman
01-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Several members of our faction who contacted Apple via the report a problem link on the billing ticket they invoice have had full refunds.

LarryBungLung
01-21-2013, 04:19 PM
I think we need some representation from GREE as to the prizes. Or maybe someone can point me to there terms and conditions relating to events.

At the start there was the prize for 10000, and 5000 and these were both briefly shown on the rewards tab. The 10000 is completely gone and there is still shown the one for 5000, only problem being the leader boards only go to 2000.

Yes I am in a small faction and we were just hoping to get to the 5000, with a small gold purchase each ( none of us are rich) and now we are flying blindly.

OK, so if the terms and conditions say they can change prizes as see fit, well tough luck for my faction. But if they don't well that's another can of worms.

So please can someone from GREE clarify this issue. It seems that there has been a few other than me asking. There should be a simple answer either way.

Clank
01-21-2013, 04:26 PM
When we fight, get need to be member of faction error, server error, etc. really makes it hard to fight when you can't play because of bugs. I've spent at least $150 on health because the health regens are so slow, but server errors on player attacks giving higher ranked teams the advantage. Basically, if you don't have gold or maxed out bases you can't win. I'd like a refund for my purchases until game fixed. Fix all bugs before next event and fix the click to see player view before we accept players since its virtually impossible to get rid of them once the event starts. I've got too much dead weight that the game won't let me remove. Major downer with the time and money spent to play.
We've been having autostart issues as well, and to make matters worse our leader has not been able to log on so we haven't been able to re-purchase fortifications. Not to mention many of our other players haven't been able to get on either.The update right before the start of the war hampered everybody's efforts as well, this truly was not very organized.

nic4msu
01-21-2013, 04:30 PM
When we fight, get need to be member of faction error, server error, etc. really makes it hard to fight when you can't play because of bugs. I've spent at least $150 on health because the health regens are so slow, but server errors on player attacks giving higher ranked teams the advantage. Basically, if you don't have gold or maxed out bases you can't win. I'd like a refund for my purchases until game fixed. Fix all bugs before next event and fix the click to see player view before we accept players since its virtually impossible to get rid of them once the event starts. I've got too much dead weight that the game won't let me remove. Major downer with the time and money spent to play.

One much needed addition is a Second-in-command who can do everything except demote or remove the leader.

Wufnu
01-21-2013, 04:30 PM
I think we need some representation from GREE as to the prizes. Or maybe someone can point me to there terms and conditions relating to events.

At the start there was the prize for 10000, and 5000 and these were both briefly shown on the rewards tab. The 10000 is completely gone and there is still shown the one for 5000, only problem being the leader boards only go to 2000.

Yes I am in a small faction and we were just hoping to get to the 5000, with a small gold purchase each ( none of us are rich) and now we are flying blindly.

OK, so if the terms and conditions say they can change prizes as see fit, well tough luck for my faction. But if they don't well that's another can of worms.

So please can someone from GREE clarify this issue. It seems that there has been a few other than me asking. There should be a simple answer either way.

This thread Larry. I don't think the prizes have changed just that they're not showing up on the WD interface.http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43748-Battle-For-Brazil-1-19-Sneak-Preview-The-Rewards

Clank
01-21-2013, 04:31 PM

LarryBungLung
01-21-2013, 04:39 PM
This thread Larry. I don't think the prizes have changed just that they're not showing up on the WD interface.http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43748-Battle-For-Brazil-1-19-Sneak-Preview-The-Rewards

Cheers Wufnu

Der i am the fool should have read taking in the details.

Quoting Gree in post reguarding prizes "these are subject to potential change if we must."

Ah well so be it the prizes will be what they are... who knows my low ars3 faction may get some crumbs

andy_xyz2004
01-21-2013, 05:30 PM
@CJ,
My android show WD will ended in 18 hours
My IOS show WD will ended in 1 day 18 hours,
Is that right ?

Shamew
01-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Wishing our faction hadn't purchased those health regen bonuses as they seem irrelevant

Fuzzyky
01-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Wishing our faction hadn't purchased those health regen bonuses as they seem irrelevant

You aren't regenerating faster having bought the bonuses?? I was thinking that should BE our next purchase. We got 2 and get +9%....

TEG
01-21-2013, 06:42 PM
We bought 4 5% health bonuses but ended up with a listed 18% reduction. Does 4 times 5 = 20% ?
Hopefully they are working as we bought those instead of more walls...

Tony Centers
01-21-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm guessing that the bonuses aren't additive, they are multiplicative. Two of them don't equal 100% - (5%+5%). Two of them equal 95% x 95% = 90.25%. It's possible your bonus is really 9.75%, but only the integer portion shows.

For four of them, 95% x 95% x 95% x 95% = 81.45%, thus the 18.55% bonus, which shows as 18%.

Maybe.

Mudphud
01-21-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm guessing that the bonuses aren't additive, they are multiplicative. Two of them don't equal 100% - (5%+5%). Two of them equal 95% x 95% = 90.25%. It's possible your bonus is really 9.75%, but only the integer portion shows.

For four of them, 95% x 95% x 95% x 95% = 81.45%, thus the 18.55% bonus, which shows as 18%.

Maybe.

Good calculation. CJ stated this was the case in an earlier post about factions.

commander Don
01-22-2013, 02:10 AM
could someone confirm the finnish time please, it sez 9 hours but thats not the 23 rd...

Fuzzyky
01-22-2013, 07:01 AM
Tony... Thx for the insight!! I guess my thoughts are that GREEd needs to make certain that these battles occur between factions of roughly equal strength.. Theses bonuses PLUS wall costs are prohibitive for us smaller, non-gold factions......

Alo
01-22-2013, 07:25 AM
fix the friggin holes. PPL with 40 TIMES bigger attack shouldt get attack You AFTER the battle. I've been attacked several times now by a player that is ~140 levels higher than me and has 40 TIMES bigger attack/defence than me. All is possible, cause I'm on his "list."

To put it in perspective for higher attack ppl, if U have 100 000 attack, then what can You do when U get attacked by person with 4 000 000 attack? Absolutely nothing. And since I dont have "golden army" then it is very costly :(

Milspec1
01-22-2013, 08:01 AM
My Campaign Ends counter says 3 Hours 58 min left, while someone elses says a day, which is it?

josempolo
01-22-2013, 08:27 AM
How it is determined?
By the number of points only, or figths won?
Will be a big bunch of gold as a prize? Or what prizes will be?

BDill
01-22-2013, 09:44 AM
So has there been any word at all from CJ when or if this Battle for Brazil is going to be fixed? Our point total changes all the time.

theMAtt
01-22-2013, 10:25 AM
me to, say wd event ends in less than 2 hours... running android kindle fire, most recent mw update...

Commander Ross
01-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Just FYI for those asking - mine says 1 day 1 hour left in event.

Dikinshaz
01-22-2013, 11:16 AM
fix the friggin holes. PPL with 40 TIMES bigger attack shouldt get attack You AFTER the battle. I've been attacked several times now by a player that is ~140 levels higher than me and has 40 TIMES bigger attack/defence than me. All is possible, cause I'm on his "list."

To put it in perspective for higher attack ppl, if U have 100 000 attack, then what can You do when U get attacked by person with 4 000 000 attack? Absolutely nothing. And since I dont have "golden army" then it is very costly :(

We too are fed up with mismatches - just fought a faction who is in level one with 1283 allies so but beat us hands down even with 11 in faction on levels 50+ and 500 allies - never won one battle - fed up of spend.ing money on this game

Milspec1
01-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Everyone is calling a cease fire, they have milked this battle long enough

Milspec1
01-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Tell you what's going to be another MONSTER Failure and lawsuit if Android users Battle ends in 30 mins like it says on my countdown, and IOS still plays for a day costing people rankings.

Jaebee
01-22-2013, 11:36 AM
The battle report screens that pop up after each battle say something like "the top 42 factions will receive the grand prizes" or something to that effect. Has anyone seen any clarification on this?

Thanks
jb

Wufnu
01-22-2013, 11:40 AM
The battle report screens that pop up after each battle say something like "the top 42 factions will receive the grand prizes" or something to that effect. Has anyone seen any clarification on this?

Thanks
jb

Not officially JB but I've heard elsewhere on the forum that was leftover from the Beta Test and didn't get removed.

The big question now seems to be is there a top 10000 or just top 5000?

Oceanz
01-22-2013, 12:05 PM
The big question now seems to be is there a top 10000 or just top 5000?

The way I understood it, the top 5000 get a bonus and a unit...the top 10000 get a unit

My question is does the event actually end after all the current battles get finished up since the in-game timer says the event is over, or does it somehow last one more day like the thread title suggests?

Wufnu
01-22-2013, 12:22 PM
The way I understood it, the top 5000 get a bonus and a unit...the top 10000 get a unit

My question is does the event actually end after all the current battles get finished up since the in-game timer says the event is over, or does it somehow last one more day like the thread title suggests?

My I-phone says it's one more day Oceanz. But a guy on my faction using a Droid says it's over today.

Oceanz
01-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I'm on Android. Who knows.

boco78
01-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Yes, what the hack ist that?!? Also some members of my faction said that their game says that the event is over?!?

Sandukan
01-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Android started late and ends early.
Android is just that more efficient.

Oceanz
01-22-2013, 12:57 PM
My faction is strictly android and we're top-500...we should get a bonus!

ochr0961
01-22-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm loving how we still aren't hearing anything from CJ or anyone else from the GREE team. Yeah they fixed most problems. But those problems lasted so long that it pretty much ruined the entire event. I for one am never going to spend another dime on this greedy company.

Sandukan
01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
My faction is strictly android and we're top-500...we should get a bonus!
We are also almost entirely android (less one) and we are also top 500. We were actually 316 when we decided to stop yesterday because we achieved what we wanted for this event and top 100 would require more energy than we were willing to invest.

I'll take the bonus as well if you can work on getting it. Good luck lol

DRJ
01-22-2013, 02:45 PM
so will we get our prizes based on the clock we were playing against that ran out 3 ago or does android take it in the OSS again?

swarty
01-22-2013, 03:09 PM
There was a lot of money spent on this event (I probably dropped over $200) and it has been pretty plagued with issues. I am not sure how you can make this right but it will be interesting to see what you do. You took what was a HUGE cash event that could have been fun for the players and turned it into a bunch of questions and uncertainty.... Who likes to pay for that?

I will be watching to see how you fix this.. Giving free pieces to everyone who plays as an apology is lame because everyone gets them and not everyone spent money (and not everyone spent equal amounts of money)... Those who spent money need to feel it wasn't wasted and right now it is how it looks like many (including me) are feeling...

andy_xyz2004
01-22-2013, 03:35 PM
My I-phone says it's one more day Oceanz. But a guy on my faction using a Droid says it's over today.

But still can declare a war or participate...

MINDBO
01-22-2013, 04:20 PM
What is/are the rewards for being a top 3 contributor in a faction?

searched high and low, saw a thread dedicated to it but no replies... anyone have insight? Thanks in advance.

Uncle Fester
01-22-2013, 05:47 PM
we are fighting the french a 2nd time now and their wall doesnt take hits this round..

Don't worry. They surrender once war is declared. ;)

Clownius
01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
I would really like to know when this event is over. A level 7 member of the alliance obviously on iOS decided to start another fight and got me a small spanking while not scoring a single WD point. Let it be over soon please.

Enough Gree. The event been over on my phone a few hours. I hope people who drop out of the rankings after this event dont get penalised. That would just be totally unfair.

Just so people understand im ion no danger we are well inside the top 2k at the moment and have no hope of a top 1k (or more to the point wont be spending that much)

Pakmom1
01-22-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm also curious about ending time. Just in my house we have 2 droids and 1 IPad. IPad message calls to tomorrow noon & I can't read the box on my droid.

We are pretty disheartened also, understanding the gold buyers would take top spots, but didn't think we would have so many problems just trying to participate and be competitive with other mostly non-gold players.

Clownius
01-22-2013, 06:53 PM
My Android just started displaying around 17hrs to go. I guess someone kicked the sever just right.

ochr0961
01-22-2013, 08:04 PM
I guess we aren't going to freaking hear anything from CJ or anyone on what is going on until the damn event is over. They could have gotten a lot more money from me if this would have gone a lot smoother. I was very dedicated in trying to get to the top 100, but myself and one other guy are the only ones who got gold and he didn't get much. So hopefully we hear something soon on this horrible event.

Bearcreek
01-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Hahahahahaha you guys (who ever runs this) need to take things one at a time. You still have bugs on top bugs on top of bugs. But you still put things out there. How can team have 26 million battle points? And some teams only have 500? The last thing I want to hear is "GOLD" that would mean they dropped 1,000 or more dollars for what the ability to upgrade three building at once? I would not be surprised if they have all of their building already at level tens. Not being able to keep count on up to date battles. Not being able to match team. Not telling us the rules of the game or what to expect is bad form for people who spend hard earned money on the game... FIX THE F$75 BUGS ALL OF THEM. NO GLITCHES NO MORE STUPID SLOW DOWNS...and when you introduce new building let everyone know...

Bearcreek
01-22-2013, 09:48 PM
What about the guys up top... Imagine how much gold they dropped...?

Bearcreek
01-22-2013, 09:50 PM
O and why couldn't half my team / faction attack until 28 hours ago!!?

Bearcreek
01-22-2013, 10:10 PM
What about the health regen? How long should it base for your health to regenerate? Because I am only getting off seven maybe right attacks a hour...? Another ploy to buy gold for a system that can not keep up?

ochr0961
01-22-2013, 10:29 PM
What about the guys up top... Imagine how much gold they dropped...?

I remember seeing in one of the threads that one guy spent $10,000 on this event alone. He is some attorney or something.

Alo
01-23-2013, 02:56 AM
We too are fed up with mismatches - just fought a faction who is in level one with 1283 allies so but beat us hands down even with 11 in faction on levels 50+ and 500 allies - never won one battle - fed up of spend.ing money on this game

well thats nothing. I'm in small faction with 30 members. Yesterday we fought a battle with faction that has 4 members...since it calculates TOTAL faction power, do U think any of us was able to win one of the 4 members? :confused: :confused: :confused:

and still I want Gree to clean attack lists or disable big players attacking weaker after battles!!! If U get beaten up in war, its understandable. But if U get beaten up several times a day after war from player that is 40 TIMES stronger then it sucks donkey balls.

I have played this less than a month now. I have ~1600 defence and level <50, but the phucker attacks me several times a day and he has 58 000 attack and level OVER 150.

FIX IT!!!!

doomnosee
01-23-2013, 05:44 AM
@CJ: out faction has had renewed battle/points loss. Faction name: East Coast Elite; my player id 788 102 103

Will this be sorted out before event ends?

Bearcreek
01-23-2013, 07:48 AM
That is Insaine. Why spend 10,000 on any game? So they made at least 10,000 and had all these problems!!? Sounds like the us federal government is running the show here. "GREE" I feel bad for you. Has anyone had the "daily scratcher" since this has been going on? I had one today but that the whole weekend or Monday or Tuesday. Another fine glitch from this company.

theMAtt
01-23-2013, 08:05 AM
haven't seen any scratchers since event started either.... running on android kindle fire

Gen CheeBye
01-23-2013, 08:12 AM
haven't seen any scratchers since event started either.... running on android kindle fire

Me neither and I am on Android ICS. Hope they bring it back after this over-stretched battle campaign is over. I want those scratch cards back GREE!

Bearcreek
01-23-2013, 08:59 AM
I had one today. I wonder if they ment to do that or it was more glitching because the servers can't keep up...

zebadul
01-23-2013, 09:05 AM
One of my faction members on iOS system has got them everyday I'm on droid and have got none

doomnosee
01-23-2013, 09:07 AM
sorry to press you on this CJ, but there are less than three hours to go and we would like to know if the missing points issue will be addressed before then so we know where we stand on the leaderboard. Many thanks!

Mongo
01-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Folks- there have been many bugs, no question. But a lot of you do not seem to have your eyes wide open. Maybe the very elite factions are pounding the $*#& outta one another, but most of us are in a very winnable war in the middle of the pack. Yeah, gold is great but you don't need gold. We are around top 200, we have not had a foe that didn't have some lo-level players in it that virtually everyone in our faction could beat.

This is a game of basic #s and coordination. If you are organized and put 20+, heck 15, players on the field on a consistent basis, you will do better than we are, how well I hope to find out next time. And Gree I am strongly in favor of their being a next time.

bluepunchbug
01-23-2013, 11:14 AM
What is/are the rewards for being a top 3 contributor in a faction?

searched high and low, saw a thread dedicated to it but no replies... anyone have insight? Thanks in advance.

I read that too! and I was wondering
the same thing...

AlexFoo
01-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Folks- there have been many bugs, no question. But a lot of you do not seem to have your eyes wide open. Maybe the very elite factions are pounding the $*#& outta one another, but most of us are in a very winnable war in the middle of the pack. Yeah, gold is great but you don't need gold. We are around top 200, we have not had a foe that didn't have some lo-level players in it that virtually everyone in our faction could beat.

This is a game of basic #s and coordination. If you are organized and put 20+, heck 15, players on the field on a consistent basis, you will do better than we are, how well I hope to find out next time. And Gree I am strongly in favor of their being a next time.

excellent post.

we've got 1 or 2 guys that will spend "some" on gold to push us thru (its why we'll end up right around 90th), but i agree if you have active members and coordinate, you can have alot of fun and be successful without spending insane money.

That being said, we've got some open slots coming up, if you're up for it and want in on a group that wars every single hour... drop me a PM for information on the faction and what you need to bring to the table.

asdfasdfasdf
01-23-2013, 11:37 AM
I had the same question, its a typo. From CJ in the announcement for the war event:

And YES, everyone in the winning factions will get the rewards for their tier. We wish you all the very best of luck, and please do let us know what you think.

Fuzzyky
01-23-2013, 12:23 PM
What about the health regen? How long should it base for your health to regenerate? Because I am only getting off seven maybe right attacks a hour...? Another ploy to buy gold for a system that can not keep up?

7-8 per hour??? Good lawd... Your already regeneration twice as fast as anyone else I know. We've bought 2 health regen upgrades and STILL takes us an hour to regen from zero health. Full health allows us 4 attacks. I might be able to get off 1-2 more in the hour IF I accept the fact that that will put me at Zero for the start of the next battle....

Wufnu
01-23-2013, 12:38 PM
7-8 per hour??? Good lawd... Your already regeneration twice as fast as anyone else I know. We've bought 2 health regen upgrades and STILL takes us an hour to regen from zero health. Full health allows us 4 attacks. I might be able to get off 1-2 more in the hour IF I accept the fact that that will put me at Zero for the start of the next battle....

That sounds about right. We have 2 upgrades also and I can get 6 hits in if I use the first four right at the start.

neo
01-23-2013, 12:46 PM
i have played the first battle with faction PSY. i donated over 100 mil and hundred or so bricks and i almost single handed caried our faction to top 500. to many inactive players and the ones that were left did very little with excemption of a few. i am a daily multiple time player and my stats are as followed
level-102
att-33510
def-33351
incom per-201201
alli#861
my ID# 381-855-569

just looking to join a faction that will fight together

Wufnu
01-23-2013, 12:58 PM
i have played the first battle with faction PSY. i donated over 100 mil and hundred or so bricks and i almost single handed caried our faction to top 500. to many inactive players and the ones that were left did very little with excemption of a few. i am a daily multiple time player and my stats are as followed
level-102
att-33510
def-33351
incom per-201201
alli#861
my ID# 381-855-569

just looking to join a faction that will fight together

Look up neo :rolleyes:

We are a very mixed lot with no requirements to donate anything or spend money. But we placed in the top 100 with almost every member taking part in this war.

aether100
01-23-2013, 01:03 PM
PLEASE !!!! only three days next time

Master Sergeant
01-23-2013, 01:08 PM
First, when can we expect to receive our rewards?

second, if I leave my faction to join a better one will I lose it?