PDA

View Full Version : Is gold worth it?

I am a cow
01-16-2013, 08:00 PM
I was wondering if i should buy gold or not. As i progress through the game there are many people with gold armies that would crush anyone else's. I have come to the conclusion that in order to play MD at its best you will need to buy gold is this true?

Spanish Fly
01-16-2013, 08:01 PM
You learn fast grasshopper.

MonkeyPuppy2012
01-16-2013, 08:02 PM
I hear you, however Gold is way way way over priced.

If it was $19.99 for 1500 gold it might be fun, but at $99.99 for 1500 it is stupid to buy it..

Davian Hax
01-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Some gold is good especially during sales, LE sets of 2 or fighting bosses for that special unit. Too much is waste and too little gets nowhere. That's my experience & opinion :-)

I am a cow
01-16-2013, 08:04 PM
I hear you, however Gold is way way way over priced.

If it was $19.99 for 1500 gold it might be fun, but at $99.99 for 1500 it is stupid to buy it..

I know right the gold is overpriced if it was cheaper they would actually earn more money because every one would start buying gold

iamnasty
01-16-2013, 08:09 PM
I was wondering if i should buy gold or not. As i progress through the game there are many people with gold armies that would crush anyone else's. I have come to the conclusion that in order to play MD at its best you will need to buy gold is this true?

Not unless you wanted to be the GOLDEN COW !!!

cheers:D

King little fruit fly
01-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Not unless you wanted to be the GOLDEN COW !!!

Don't be stupid, there is no such thing as golden cow, there is only gold cow with buyer remorse later like Ferr. ;)

iamnasty
01-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Don't be stupid, there is no such thing as golden cow, there is only gold cow with buyer remorse later like Ferr. ;)

Another word, COW can moo moo moo with Ferr ??

Thenoob
01-16-2013, 08:17 PM
I have 100 000 attack and defense. I'm level 151 and have not bought any gold so I don't think you need to buy it

iamnasty
01-16-2013, 08:21 PM
I have 100 000 attack and defense. I'm level 151 and have not bought any gold so I don't think you need to buy it

Learn or moo moo moo with the man with 1 year Veteran

JMC
01-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Well if you want to actually compete with the big gold spenders you're gonna have to have quite a bit of money saved up or sell your house or something :P

Though abusing broken LE sets would of got you there much cheaper, too bad that's been resolved already.

Vballmadam
01-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Well if you want to actually compete with the big gold spenders you're gonna have to have quite a bit of money saved up or sell your house or something :P

Though abusing broken LE sets would of got you there much cheaper, too bad that's been resolved already.

CJ said it was intentional not broken LE sets and they may be mixing it up in the future!

LeBarticus
01-16-2013, 08:54 PM
No.

Unless you're having fun.

and at least you're not spending your money on heroin

Unless you're doing both, at the same time.

In which case you have two addictions that you must seek professional help for.

I don't know which one is worse.

King little fruit fly
01-16-2013, 09:01 PM

Want to be part of our faction? :cool: My ID is 879 645 987, add me!

I am a cow
01-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Learn or moo moo moo with the man with 1 year Veteran

Quit it with the cow jokes!

King little fruit fly
01-16-2013, 09:30 PM

You need to shut him up ingame, do you know where this nutty is at? ;)

JMC
01-16-2013, 09:47 PM
CJ said it was intentional not broken LE sets and they may be mixing it up in the future!

Haven't been reading the forums that much, but didn't he say that it was intended to fix a problem with the previous LE sets and that was just a result of the change. Don't think it was actually intentional to give away units for like 25% of the price.

Thenoob
01-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Oops posted on wrong topic

King little fruit fly
01-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Buy krugerrands and throw them in the safety deposit box. Open etrade account and buy GLD. Real gold good. Fake gold bad.

I think Kitco is a better place to buy real gold in Canada. I have been stocking on real gold bar, not this phony fake Gree gold, in case the dollar collapse. What is your secret or dirt, Eddie? :p

iamnasty
01-16-2013, 10:11 PM

What COW jokes, you did input your forum nick as I AM A COW ?? I think there is something wrong with COW, no one moo moo moo with you ?? You are lucky we accept you as what you are even you are a COW !!!!

cheers

Thenoob
01-16-2013, 10:12 PM
King I added u

Thenoob
01-16-2013, 10:13 PM
I like to eat cow.

Thenoob
01-16-2013, 10:14 PM
And moose ...

King little fruit fly
01-16-2013, 10:27 PM
What COW jokes, you did input your forum nick as I AM A COW ?? I think there is something wrong with COW, no one moo moo moo with you ?? You are lucky we accept you as what you are even you are a COW !!!!

cheers

Hey man, enough of the demeaning remark. Belittle your fellow forumite is against rule #1. You don't want to get banned, do you? It is painful to get banned, ask jeffrey, he has to hop over to another place to post here. ;)

Dutchie
01-16-2013, 11:56 PM
Kitco is an excellent website and a must for gold investors. 1ear has no secret...he is pirate...pirates
like gold, rum and wenches...in that order.

So long helicopter Ben and the other central ankers keep on printing money, you should get a nice return on your investment. If you bought the gold from the muppet Mr. Brown when he sold it for $300 per oz, you'd be laughing all the way to the bank. Gold prices are looking like a bubble right now, but if inflation takes off, prices will rocket!

GREE gold is only good if you are a GREE shareholder ;)

Force10JC
01-17-2013, 05:20 AM
The only time I ever thought gold was even approaching reasonable prices was during a 40% off sale. Even then I think I only bought the 240 slot.

Crypt
01-17-2013, 05:23 AM
sure money in gree's pocket is always worth it

BigD@wg
01-17-2013, 07:47 AM
At the end of the day it is your choice to make. But it largely depends on your objective. If you want to have a little fun and look at it as money wasted on entertainment, then sure, go ahead. If you think buying a little gold will help you defeat the big players in this game, keep your money. Some have spent 10s of thousands of dollars and are untouchable.

I myself have been small time gold buyer and what did it do for me...nothing. Got a little higher stats and higher IPH than I would have without but I will never be a major player at the whale zone and above (130+ level). Also there are tons of hackers in this game and they get all the nice trinkets for FREE!

So my advice is don't do it. If i could do it over again, would have never spent a dime. Keep your money and spend it on something really worthwhile.

Scorpiocmw1979
01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
At the end of the day it is your choice to make. But it largely depends on your objective. If you want to have a little fun and look at it as money wasted on entertainment, then sure, go ahead. If you think buying a little gold will help you defeat the big players in this game, keep your money. Some have spent 10s of thousands of dollars and are untouchable.

I myself have been small time gold buyer and what did it do for me...nothing. Got a little higher stats and higher IPH than I would have without but I will never be a major player at the whale zone and above (130+ level). Also there are tons of hackers in this game and they get all the nice trinkets for FREE!

So my advice is don't do it. If i could do it over again, would have never spent a dime. Keep your money and spend it on something really worthwhile.

Well I do believe that is the winning answer right there!