PDA

View Full Version : Any of Android Users Experiencing EXTREME Rendering Issues!!!???

soulnmysole
01-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Are any other Android users experiencing the extreme rendering issues that I am?

Literally every time I play MW, after about 5 minutes, my base becomes completely dilapidated. Roughly 70% of all my buildings end up disappearing, and I become unable to collect any payouts from my money buildings. This rendering issue usually occurs after I visit a rival's base then return back to my own. Then not only does my base not render, neither do my rivals. Making them impossible to raid.

It becomes severely annoying having to do a hard reset every 5 minutes.

Will Gree ever patch this? Do iOS users experience this too?

BigD@wg
01-16-2013, 01:13 PM
I have a LLP on Android and yes everything you described happens. Boss events are also glitchy. I have two accounts on IOS and none of those same issues. If they do ever fix it...it will probably take a long time.

ohgreatitsryan
01-16-2013, 01:21 PM
I have the same problem too. I also get boss events, or any collect 10/auction event late too, at least 2-3 days late. All customer service does is tell me "too bad, prizes have already been given out," because they always respond well after the event has ended.

Big O
01-16-2013, 01:27 PM
The buildings disappearing thing happens to me too, but only on MW. I wonder why it doesn't happen with CC? You would think they could just change MW to match CC, or at least see where the problem lies and fix it.

Sandukan
01-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Yes........

CDR Shepard
01-16-2013, 01:49 PM
I thought I remember hearing it was a memory isue for android, not 100 percent positive though :/

Big O
01-16-2013, 02:07 PM
I thought I remember hearing it was a memory isue for android, not 100 percent positive though :/
Seems plausible. The larger the base is that I visit, the more problems I have seeing all of their buildings, and the more my building disappear upon returning to my base.

Skyser30518
01-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Same thing here on my LLP. I have to Force close the app every time before I use it. Sometimes I have to do it a couple of times before my oil rigs show up.

CJ54
01-16-2013, 02:15 PM
We were just talking about this with the Android developers. We're looking into what exactly is going on there and if this is anything beyond memory, but the current understanding is that it is memory-related. We've had some users see an improvement from upgrading to the current version of Android where/if possible. Please let us know via ticket if you are experiencing the problem, since that helps us identify where the bottlenecks are occurring (since we can look at device type/ account logs).

Seems plausible. The larger the base is that I visit, the more problems I have seeing all of their buildings, and the more my building disappear upon returning to my base.

The "larger base" part is a common part of the reports we've seen, which is in line with memory issues, but it is still weird that it is happening like that.

Big O
01-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks, CJ. I'll send a ticket.

I'll check to make sure I'm running the current version first.

ohgreatitsryan
01-16-2013, 02:38 PM
I guess I'll send in even more tickets about this.

soulnmysole
01-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Will definitely send in a ticket(s)

Agent Orange
01-16-2013, 02:58 PM
On our Android phone running Android 3 we have this problem a lot also the base going black when the device goes to sleep but also what you report which is buildings disappearing.

On the Android 4 tablet it is not quite as bad but still happens.

Guess it's ticket time as well.

Sandukan
01-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Yeah, send a ticket LOL

Dudebot121256
01-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Are any other Android users experiencing the extreme rendering issues that I am?

Literally every time I play MW, after about 5 minutes, my base becomes completely dilapidated. Roughly 70% of all my buildings end up disappearing, and I become unable to collect any payouts from my money buildings. This rendering issue usually occurs after I visit a rival's base then return back to my own. Then not only does my base not render, neither do my rivals. Making them impossible to raid.

It becomes severely annoying having to do a hard reset every 5 minutes.

Will Gree ever patch this? Do iOS users experience this too?I've had the same in MW as well as CC. Half the time, my entire base (MW) or neighborhood (CC) wouldn't load and I'd be stuck with nothing until I restarted. Other times, buildings such as the movie theaters (CC) would disappear and their money collect sign would go to the top-right neighborhood block and I end with about 5-10 collect signs on one house.

mikebarth1955
01-16-2013, 04:10 PM
I have those issues occasionally, but they were much worse two months ago. I don't play on the LLP much because of the various issues, though, so I'm not sure whether the system improved or I gave up. I do not have that problem on my iPad, but I have a third LLP on an iPod Touch that crashes continuously, locks up when attacking the bosses, etc. I've sent tickets in and have never heard back, but it is comforting to know that somebody is working on these various issues back at HQ.

ertrifo
01-16-2013, 04:55 PM
I can't really use mine at the moment as it crashes continuosly and it is very annoying!

nic4msu
01-16-2013, 05:01 PM
For my android player (I think it's level 7 ... barely worth playing it's so glitchy), after a very short time the base likes to go bright red, with the lower edges only still looking sand colored with no bldgs showingv(I can't recall -- this might be on map missions). Force close is the only option because the game is unplayable. Not bothering with tickets ... don't really play on my phone anyway.

Ph4ntom Stranger
01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Yeah I'm running into this issue now as well. Seems to be a bit worse after the most recent update.

ProCision
01-16-2013, 06:42 PM
Yeah I'm running into this issue now as well. Seems to be a bit worse after the most recent update.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its always been glitchy and I have never had to reboot my phone ever until I started to play this game. In order to play it I have to reboot about 5-10 times a day. Most of the time when I attack somebody it force closes after a few attacks. My base is never 100% fully loaded. Ferrs base looks different every time I look at it. I couldnt tell you if he has anything in the water as it has never loaded.

I'm running on a Note 2 with 16 gigs internal and 64 gigs external. I doubt there is a memory issue on my end.

LeBarticus
01-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Yeah, my android account is very glitchy, like its "skipping" or something. When I view my goals they seem to jump all over the place. During boss events, when I am in progress on one the health disappears on both sides. Amongst other things

Товарищ
01-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Guys I've had this too ever since my base had grown a little.
I have a workaround solution that worked for a few of us - you should try!
Taken from another thread:

@Mitchell
Check out my Android vs iOS issues thread:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41501

As for tips that might help you:

Go to app manager and check how much space MW uses in total (give it 10-20 secs to update the numbers), this is just for my interest.

If it's much above 200MB and especially if it's close to 300, reinstall the game.

And have it as a habit to go to that very same place and use "force close". I do this about 1 in 10 times I start the game. With a weaker phone you might need to do it 1 in 5.

No probs - enjoy!
[...missing subquote...]
My nick reads Tavarish, it's Russian for friend/buddy =)

Android doesn't suck, the programming of MW is what sux haha
The lower total size the better I'd say, but to not reinstall every single day, just do it when problems become too frequent - when force-closing doesn't help much.

They did release a new update today, 2.0.2, let's see if we notice any improvements...
No scratchers still though!

Edit: Also, there's two threads about this, here's the other: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44102

Recas
01-17-2013, 03:41 PM
On my Asus TF101 the game has always crashed if I visit like 6 bases buildings start to disappear on enemy or allied bases and on mine, this as always happened and no change with the last update, now on my HTC Desire HD I could visit a lot more bases, with the update with the rankings, if I m milking a base, after like 7 attacks/raids the game starts to lag and the screen will go red and it will crash.

Yes if a base is big buildings disappear, when I start playing I always kill all apps, on the TAB its has 550MB free mem, when it crashes or if I exit the game free mem is like 350 sometimes bellow 300MB, on the HTC 300MB free when I exit 150MB free.

Товарищ
01-17-2013, 08:12 PM
On my Asus TF101 the game has always crashed if I visit like 6 bases buildings start to disappear on enemy or allied bases and on mine, this as always happened and no change with the last update, now on my HTC Desire HD I could visit a lot more bases, with the update with the rankings, if I m milking a base, after like 7 attacks/raids the game starts to lag and the screen will go red and it will crash.

Yes if a base is big buildings disappear, when I start playing I always kill all apps, on the TAB its has 550MB free mem, when it crashes or if I exit the game free mem is like 350 sometimes bellow 300MB, on the HTC 300MB free when I exit 150MB free.

Firstly, are you talking RAM memory usage?
Or the total storage space used by the app, as per my instructions?

Secondly, there's also another thing that works for me, but is probably very model-specific:
when raiding and the game slows down to a crawl - turn the screen off and on (phone sleep mode), then the phone will start with a black/blank screen and re-render everything into place.
I think this makes the rendering part of the game make a fresh restart.

LEXLOW
02-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Do any of you have a problem with the fortified bunker rendering2/3 bigger than its footprint?