PDA

View Full Version : A solution to the "no-no glitch".

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-16-2013, 09:32 AM
There have been numerous discussions about the infamous "no-no glitch".

There have been as many discussions (if not more) about excessive casualty losses.

Others have discussed skill point hacks that provide certain benefits and advantages, that either inhibit or avert unit losses.

There are all gold armies that afford no unit losses, no matter how big the opposing force might be.

Consider this question, why must anyone suffer unit losses?

Some would say, unit losses give a war game, a more war like feel.

That's a fool's argument, because there is so much in this game that fails to resemble a war game.

So, why not a compromise?

If an algorithm controls unit losses, why not tweak it to prevent any unit losses?

Each attack or raid will have a winner, possibly a draw, but no unit losses.

That eliminates the "no-no glitch" controversy, levels the playing field for non-gold armies, removes the unfair advantage of "no-no glitchers", and still provides a win, a loss, or a draw.

It also adds in a new twist, a draw, and eliminates unit losses.

It certainly adds a new level of game play, providing a fairer outcome between rivals that are close in overall attack/defense stats, and no one can whine about losing their trinkets.

The same outcome is applied when a money building is attacked.

If the attacker wins, he or she gets three potential wins.

The building owner loses only a portion of his or her money.

The building remains unharmed, as a simple swipe of a finger or stylus, completely repairs the undamaged building's avatar.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNKaDo-8x3rjGvnH59BEOP9j5kun14wZPHKTD4jk_a2W4R877wrg

azy
01-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Great discussion PJ and thoughtful proposal. Thanks for trying to get the game moving forward.

Tctiger
01-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Very interesting pj , the gold units would still have the value because of the stats of them , people would stop crying over their destroyed cash units which would also keep your stats building up and lessen the whale zone fear , no casualty glitch gone , this is what it is like on cc but there is not really any good cash units to buy on cc . It is defo worth a good discussion , well done have a gold star for a great idea : ) I can't think of a bad point but I'm sure someone will .

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Very interesting pj , the gold units would still have the value because of the stats of them , people would stop crying over their destroyed cash units which would also keep your stats building up and lessen the whale zone fear , no casualty glitch gone , this is what it is like on cc but there is not really any good cash units to buy on cc . It is defo worth a good discussion , well done have a gold star for a great idea : ) I can't think of a bad point but I'm sure someone will .

The added advantage doesn't only protect cash units, but valor units, and those high value trinkets obtained by doing missions!

Tctiger
01-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Even better didn't think of that .

Tctiger
01-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Then again I think it would have to be on just cash units or I would have an army of transport raiders and the big gold players wouldn't like that would they ? Would gree ?

Bart
01-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Pirate justice, you are the man. I voted yes.

Agent Orange
01-16-2013, 10:16 AM
I like it PJ but it's far too logical so no doubt Gree would choose to ignore it.
Still a resounding yes from me.

Front Runner NL
01-16-2013, 10:34 AM
It's an interesting idea, but for improving a non-full-gold base&army the strategic element of the game (like: what unit should I buy, defense or offense, low-or-high casualty, more or less IPH) does not apply anymore. Then the IPH of persons will determine their strength, while now high IPH cannot live without high stats. In the end, everyone will end with the same 2000 valor units, or 2000 high-end farmable loot units.

Therefore I voted No.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-16-2013, 10:43 AM
People complain about reasonableness, fairness, and a level playing field, well this does it.

I see no reason why any unit ever need be destroyed, if buildings aren't demolished.

So, consider this.

Say you have collected 10 high value trinkets, we'll call them Bubba Bombs with 300/350 stats.

You are attacked and in the current situation, you lose a Bubba Bomb.

I've proposed a "win-win" no loss scenario.

Let's tweak that a bit.

If Gree doesn't want to make your Bubba Bomb indestructible, make it perishable.

Why can't one or two Bubba Bombs be slowly degraded?

For example, instead of getting your Bubba Bomb demolished, why can't a couple Bubba Bombs simply lose a couple points each attack; rather than be destroyed?

Using that logic, after an attack, one Bubba Bomb would lose 5 points.

So, you'd have nine Bubba Bombs with 300/350 stats, and one with 298/348.

That's a compromise between losing your hard earned Bubba Bombs and never losing them.

Frankly, I prefer the "no loss" option, but we could also consider the "erosion" option.

This would apply to cash, valor, and high value loot; randomly applied, of course.

Baraka
01-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Very interesting. I voted yes, think its a radical idea. Wi they listen,Probably not.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-16-2013, 10:46 AM
It's an interesting idea, but for improving a non-full-gold base&army the strategic element of the game (like: what unit should I buy, defense or offense, low-or-high casualty, more or less IPH) does not apply anymore. Then the IPH of persons will determine their strength, while now high IPH cannot live without high stats. In the end, everyone will end with the same 2000 valor units, or 2000 high-end farmable loot units.

Therefore I voted No.

That isn't true.

Why?

Because, you have the opportunity to farm high value trinkets, buy higher value valor trinkets, as well as higher value cash trinkets.

Currently, if you can't buy gold units, you stand NO chance in this game to EVER be a heavy hitter.

You only are a punching bag for a gold buyer.

This way, no one has to be forever punched, abused, and battered.

You can fight back, and have a chance to be a contender.

I say this as a gold buyer.

But, I am also one that desires fair play.

BigD@wg
01-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Oh my PJ! Are you suggesting a FAIR game? How will Gree be able to
extort money in a FAIR game? Their revenues will decline and we will
lose the best employees Gree has to offer. Oops...wait...hold the presses..
perhaps these all star employees ie. CJ...will find a BETTER job with a
company with some ethics and a company that they would be proud to
work for...just my five cents...brilliant as always, my friend

I think the last line of your statement contains your next forum name... "Justmyfivecents" or "FiveCents" lol!

@PJ - like the concepts, but I seriously doubt Gree would consider it. Why??? because it make too much sense!

Front Runner NL
01-16-2013, 11:14 AM
PJ, I respect your way of seeing things. The idea in post #11 is a good one.

But in my opinion, I still believe that casualties add a little extra to the game.
The problem is, that the casualty rate seems broken, and that problem should be fixed.
Maybe a simpler solution like in MQ is better: higher ranked units get lower casualty rates and any unit with combined A/D stats of 100 (or whatever number) is indestructible.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-16-2013, 11:26 AM
PJ, I respect your way of seeing things. The idea in post #11 is a good one.

But in my opinion, I still believe that casualties add a little extra to the game.
The problem is, that the casualty rate seems broken, and that problem should be fixed.
Maybe a simpler solution like in MQ is better: higher ranked units get lower casualty rates and any unit with combined A/D stats of 100 (or whatever number) is indestructible.

If casualties are a part of the game, why don't buildings suffer casualties?

Why aren't defense buildings destroyed?

Why aren't money buildings destroyed?

Why isn't land destroyed?

Why isn't land rendered unusable?

No, casualties are part of the game, but only as an afterthought.

Does it make sense to have units with stats, ie... 150/125, let's say.

Yet, how can a gold unit 150/125 destroy a loot unit 400/450?

That is illogical.

Why don't attacks destroy a money building?

NakedCherryPie
01-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Players should be made to "pay" for repairing buildings, too. Why is it when I blackout a players base, it costs him nothing?

Tctiger
01-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Are you a pirate nakedcherrypie ? Any chance of an allie add ?

NakedCherryPie
01-16-2013, 12:26 PM
I am not a member of PUN. I am not a member of any organization. We may be allies already and you don't know it. Did you post your id in the ADD ME threads? Because I went down the list.

Tctiger
01-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Can't remember now my I'd is in sig if you want to send me an invite that would be most welcome thanks .

Fl@sh
01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
I've never had a run in with a no-no glitcher to my knowledge. But, you do in life with what you are given.

Kjctnorris
01-16-2013, 01:00 PM
I don't get why people are upset with GREE for making money. You obviously enjoy a product which they produce, maintain, and upgrade/update, so what's wrong with them figuring out ways to make money from it? With that, if the current system gives extra benefits to those who spend money, that's just good business.

And I'm not a gold buyer, however, I recognize that those who spend money should get benefits that those who do not spend money do not get. I see nothing wrong with the current setup and manage to enjoy the game regardless.

BigD@wg
01-16-2013, 01:16 PM
I've never had a run in with a no-no glitcher to my knowledge. But, you do in life with what you are given.

That's because I'm in your allies list. Lol! I'm just joking :)

Fl@sh
01-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Yes, it is why I vote for no-no for everybody. I've never really paid attention when attacking if somebody loses units. Guess I will start.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Yes, it is why I vote for no-no for everybody. I've never really paid attention when attacking if somebody loses units. Guess I will start.

Fl@sh, trust me on this, people do lose units.
Please don't dismiss what I wrote above.
I was simply laying out a better case for everyone.
One of the problems in this game is people only think about themselves.
A lion didn't need to worry about his prey until man began hunting the same prey.
What I've proposed makes it fairer for all.
Let's not be so dismissive of what others say, just because it doesn't impact us.
Its in the best interest of every player, that no player loses units.
A simple win, lose, or draw model benefits us all.

Fl@sh
01-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Fl@sh, trust me on this, people do lose units.
Please don't dismiss what I wrote above.
I was simply laying out a better case for everyone.
One of the problems in this game is people only think about themselves.
A lion didn't need to worry about his prey until man began hunting the same prey.
What I've proposed makes it fairer for all.
Let's not be so dismissive of what others say, just because it doesn't impact us.
Its in the best interest of every player, that no player loses units.
A simple win, lose, or draw model benefits us all.I actually read this entire thread(not like the other one) and completely agree. The only thing I need to dismiss is my laziness when I rush through a clip of stamina. It's very simple to keep blindly hitting the attack again button.

We don't lose units while fighting an epic boss, perhaps that algorithm could be borrowed and carried over to the PvP model.

albeezy
01-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Please don't turn MW into CC! I hate losing units, but I would hate everyone never losing cash and valor units even more! It gives a challenge to those of us with less than all-gold armies that I like.

Plus, I hate losing unvaulted cash more than pre-purchased units!

All that really needs to be done is provide an explanation of why some people can maintain an active PVP gaming style when the only units they have in battle are event prize loot, map loot, and valor units. I don't see how that is possible without a no-cas-glitch.

EDIT: Nevermind. I forgot, it's all just math and luck!

I am a cow
01-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Interesting idea PJ but personally i think no draw option and although i dont like unit losses I would be really annoyed if my inventory went on for ages

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-16-2013, 03:03 PM
You guys amaze me.

You just amaze me.

You whine, moan, groan, and complain.

If a solution is offered, you shoot it down.

Frankly, they could nerf the entire game for all I care.

I was simply trying to think about others, because none of this madness matters for me.

That said, YOU KNOW WHO will keep on doing to YOU, what Bill Clinton did to the "fat intern".

Please, YOU KNOW WHO, may I have another bowl of gruel, please???????

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-16-2013, 03:06 PM
We don't lose units while fighting an epic boss, perhaps that algorithm could be borrowed and carried over to the PvP model.

That's the charitable spirit, Fl@sh.

Its not about me or you.

This would benefit many more than it would hurt.

It would be especially helpful for new players.

If this game is to continue, it must have new players!

That's also the answer, because that will be the WD Event model, too!!!!

albeezy
01-16-2013, 03:09 PM
You guys amaze me.

You just amaze me.

You whine, moan, groan, and complain.

If a solution is offered, you shoot it down.

Frankly, they could nerf the entire game for all I care.

I was simply trying to think about others, because none of this madness matters for me.

That said, YOU KNOW WHO will keep on doing to YOU, what Bill Clinton did to the "fat intern".

Luckily I do not have a blue dress on! Or were you referring to the cigar placement? Dont got one of those either! I appreciate you thinking about me. Maybe next time el nino rears its head it will miss my unvaulted millions! Now that would be generous!

Or maybe Chief Hacker Killer will stick to killing hackers instead of my transport raiders!

Then again, that is part of the fun! The cat and mouse game!

Dutchie
01-16-2013, 03:57 PM
... may I have another bowl of gruel, please???????

Of course you can but when you have a shower after your meal make sure you don't drop the soap onto the floor!

Ericinico
01-16-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm I'm support, even though it will never happen.

I am a cow
01-16-2013, 04:48 PM
You guys amaze me.

Sure why not.
Just rid of the hackers and im happy. casualty rates, sure their annoying but no one wants an inventory full meatshields and the odd indestructible unit now do they?

Hero of Time
01-16-2013, 04:52 PM
That's the charitable spirit, Fl@sh.

Its not about me or you.

This would benefit many more than it would hurt.

It would be especially helpful for new players.

If this game is to continue, it must have new players!

That's also the answer, because that will be the WD Event model, too!!!!

Quit posting in all bold letters it's making my eyes hurt!

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Quit posting in all bold letters it's making my eyes hurt!

I'm legally blind, and must do so to be able to read what I write.

Why not put me on IGNORE?

Hero of Time
01-16-2013, 05:31 PM
If you're blind how will you even be able to read what you write in the first place, much less know which letters to type if you can't even see the keyboard.

BigD@wg
01-16-2013, 05:42 PM
If you're blind how will you even be able to read what you write in the first place, much less know which letters to type if you can't even see the keyboard.

He said legally blind. Not blind. You can be "legally blind" and still see.

Devin
01-16-2013, 06:10 PM
I like the idea a lot. I would be good with it as presented.

I might present 2 possible enhancements to address the question of the fairness of the loot farming. So the ideas both propose a casualty for loot items, as follows:

1. See how Gree has dealt with that in CC, where I understand there are no casualties, and duplicate the logic.

2. Have a number of uses for each loot item, which is static and unchanging, and the same for everyone. The number of uses ranges from a few qty to no limit. Once the item is used up it is lost. Players can see the number of usages for a unit by clicking on it in their inventory.

2a. With a limited use unit, you might even be able to attach certain bonuses to limited use units. I.e. increase air power by 5% for 5 uses, but you need to pay 100 gold for that unit. Anyhow, this idea is a discussion for a different day.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-16-2013, 06:30 PM

Duh, braille.

I use a braille keyboard and have a braille screen.

King little fruit fly
01-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Which 5 smartassses voted no??

King little fruit fly
01-16-2013, 06:36 PM
and which 2 whiners voted "I don't care"? Don't whine in the "casualty rate is too high" threads next time!

Tournai
01-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Duh, braille.

I use a braille keyboard and have a braille screen.

Youre Ipad also? or Iphone :P

Its a Good Idea off course for people who have big losses.

But why the Infirmary then? That boost will be for nothing right?

In real war they also got filled bodybags flying home!

I do appreciate you as Gold player to think this way!

I seriously dont know what to vote for cause it will feel much easier to build up youre whole army, and thats whats the whole game is about!

With no casualties it will be like It dont matter who you will attack, cause you will lose no units.

So the whole search thing for an easy Rival will be gone right?

Keep it up PJ!

Jacko99
01-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Great idea PJ. Not because I will benefit directly but because those in my faction, the ones who do not spend gold and have spent a long time building up "disposable" valour and gree cash armies, will be able to battle more in WD events without too much pain. I'm concerned about the volume of potential casualties arising from the upcoming event for non-gold or even light-gold players. It should also overcome the camping situation and, as you say, create an interesting twist in the way us gold-spenders play. Gree should take note.

digisyn
01-17-2013, 09:57 AM
I like it. As the unfortunate recipient of the casualty glitch, that did not exist according to devs, on the last ppv, I support this.

Scorpiocmw1979
01-17-2013, 11:53 AM
I agree and ?disagreeż...sorta! I agree that since this gold buying scheme( world domination ) started my casualty rate has skyrocketed! It would def benefit new players to have this no casualty! I also think a good fix would be better bracketing:) instead of lv125 going against lv200 maybe close the gap a bit. Most lv125's have not had the time to get all the non gold units and farmed units as a lv 200 would....being he more than likely has more vested time into this game!

I am a cow
01-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Which 5 smartassses voted no??

I did watcha gonna do?

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-17-2013, 02:35 PM
If you THINK outside the box, an infirmary can be used for things OTHER than it was designed.
My infirmary is only level 1, and it will never be more.
Think, it can be used for another, better purpose.

Youre Ipad also? or Iphone :P

Its a Good Idea off course for people who have big losses.

But why the Infirmary then? That boost will be for nothing right?

In real war they also got filled bodybags flying home!

I do appreciate you as Gold player to think this way!

I seriously dont know what to vote for cause it will feel much easier to build up youre whole army, and thats whats the whole game is about!

With no casualties it will be like It dont matter who you will attack, cause you will lose no units.

So the whole search thing for an easy Rival will be gone right?

Keep it up PJ!

Blackstone
01-17-2013, 03:29 PM
That's exactly why I like Crime City.

Domino_brown
01-17-2013, 04:07 PM
What?!?
Are you saying that we can turn in our guns and start holding hands?
Is this really what everybody wants?
I'm so confused ... Is this a joke?

JMC
01-17-2013, 05:50 PM
I like how they have it in monster quest. Units above a certain strength are all indestructible and all units that gem players can get can be obtained by free players. More difficult to get them but possible. The gap in that game is far lower and we don't have to worry about casualties.

If they could somehow implement something like that into MW i'd be for it. Kind of late to make a drastic change though.

King little fruit fly
01-17-2013, 06:00 PM
That's exactly why I like Crime City.

haha, no casualty and with the skill point trick, lower stat players can have a shot at their attackers without fear. :D

King little fruit fly
01-17-2013, 06:05 PM
I like how they have it in monster quest. Units above a certain strength are all indestructible and all units that gem players can get can be obtained by free players. More difficult to get them but possible. The gap in that game is far lower and we don't have to worry about casualties.

If they could somehow implement something like that into MW i'd be for it. Kind of late to make a drastic change though.

You can lose units in MQ.

Perhaps MW should implement something like a rehash factory that you take 2 units and get a better unit out of them. We can dream, right! :) iamnasty, is CJ going to look into this? :D

King little fruit fly
01-17-2013, 06:08 PM
I did watcha gonna do?

I can not do anything to you afterall I am the gentleman not a bull here, but next time when iamnasty moo moo you, I just watch and chuckle. :D

iamnasty
01-17-2013, 06:14 PM

Perhaps MW should implement something like a rehash factory that you take 2 units and get a better unit out of them. We can dream, right! :) iamnasty, is CJ going to look into this? :D

CJ will LOOK INTO THIS ??? This is the biggest joke of the century !!! GREE can't even resolve and no intention to resolve the hacker(s) issue and do you think GREE will LOOK INTO THIS !!! GREE solution is change the gaming strategy by introducing WD with great prizes will blinded and divert all the players away from the past issues, especially HACKER(S) !!!

cheers:D

King little fruit fly
01-17-2013, 06:26 PM
CJ will LOOK INTO THIS ??? This is the biggest joke of the century !!! GREE can't even resolve and no intention to resolve the hacker(s) issue and do you think GREE will LOOK INTO THIS !!! GREE solution is change the gaming strategy by introducing WD with great prizes will blinded and divert all the players away from the past issues, especially HACKER(S) !!!

Looks like you pay attention, buddy. Hmm, I thought Ferr's Empress club is for slackers and drunks, apparently you are sober! :D

iamnasty
01-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Looks like you pay attention, buddy. Hmm, I thought Ferr's Empress club is for slackers and drunks, apparently you are sober! :D

i am pissed drunk and the way i look at this CJ guy, more alike GREE coffee boy than anything i can think off !!!

JMC
01-17-2013, 08:43 PM

Like i said, units above a certain strength are indestructible. Did not say all of them were. Anything above 100 total stat i think is indestructible in MQ. Would also be a reasonable strength level to have it in MW.