PDA

View Full Version : Skill point reset

procsyzarc
01-14-2013, 11:42 AM
I have been 200 for a very long time and when i got there the highest energy job was under 600 so only put 1000 points in energy since the way the jobs increased at that point that would be more than enough even if they introduced 50 new maps.

Obviously things have changed and a couple of the energy increases are quite big to the point where 5th ave boss requires 1100 energy. All i do on this game is upgrade buildings and trying to complete all missions but have now realised I have hit a brick wall.

Has anyone had any luck getting a skill point reset? This is the only game I have played where it is not offered and for those of us who have been 200 for a long time are stuck since they have been a lot of changes that effect skill points since. Ie increased energy bonuses, attack point bonuses etc

Dudebot121256
01-14-2013, 11:52 AM
I have been 200 for a very long time and when i got there the highest energy job was under 600 so only put 1000 points in energy since the way the jobs increased at that point that would be more than enough even if they introduced 50 new maps.

Obviously things have changed and a couple of the energy increases are quite big to the point where 5th ave boss requires 1100 energy. All i do on this game is upgrade buildings and trying to complete all missions but have now realised I have hit a brick wall.

Has anyone had any luck getting a skill point reset? This is the only game I have played where it is not offered and for those of us who have been 200 for a long time are stuck since they have been a lot of changes that effect skill points since. Ie increased energy bonuses, attack point bonuses etcI've inquired about a skill point reset before and they said they don't offer that yet. Maybe if you're polite and you explain the situation, they might make an exception.

AK-47
01-14-2013, 12:10 PM
I have been 200 for a very long time and when i got there the highest energy job was under 600 so only put 1000 points in energy since the way the jobs increased at that point that would be more than enough even if they introduced 50 new maps. Obviously things have changed and a couple of the energy increases are quite big to the point where 5th ave boss requires 1100 energy. All i do on this game is upgrade buildings and trying to complete all missions but have now realised I have hit a brick wall. Has anyone had any luck getting a skill point reset? This is the only game I have played where it is not offered and for those of us who have been 200 for a long time are stuck since they have been a lot of changes that effect skill points since. Ie increased energy bonuses, attack point bonuses etc
Have you "mastered" all of the maps you can with what energy you have? Thus gaining an additional point to use? Because unless you had all maps done before the newer maps came out, I don't see them doing any type or stat reset or re-allocation. They will just look and say there are more points for you to get...

CJ54
01-14-2013, 12:47 PM
A long, long LONG time ago in the facebook incarnation of Crime City, energy was the be-all end-all stat because of some mechanics specific to that game. Then we added end-game bosses, which took large amounts of stamina. Everyone in the game wanted a skill respec. So we gave everyone in the game a one-time skill point respec to reflect the new content. And, surprisingly, the result of this was not that everyone was then happy. What happened was that everyone wanted more skill respecs. Everyone wanted more skill respecs badly. They wanted to be able to have all their points in energy when they wanted to, and have all their points in stamina and attack when they wanted to.

Our ticket queue exploded. At one point, well over half the support tickets we received on a daily basis were from players requesting, demanding, threatening, cajoling and begging for skill point respecs. We briefly discussed charging for it, but that would have thrown the entire balance of the game out of whack and made that the be-all-end-all defining purchase in the game.

That being the case, we do understand why people would want a respec when they hit 200, but we're incredibly wary of opening up that can of worms again.

albeezy
01-14-2013, 12:51 PM
A long, long LONG time ago in the facebook incarnation of Crime City, energy was the be-all end-all stat because of some mechanics specific to that game. Then we added end-game bosses, which took large amounts of stamina. Everyone in the game wanted a skill respec. So we gave everyone in the game a one-time skill point respec to reflect the new content. And, surprisingly, the result of this was not that everyone was then happy. What happened was that everyone wanted more skill respecs. Everyone wanted more skill respecs badly. They wanted to be able to have all their points in energy when they wanted to, and have all their points in stamina and attack when they wanted to.

Our ticket queue exploded. At one point, well over half the support tickets we received on a daily basis were from players requesting, demanding, threatening, cajoling and begging for skill point respecs. We briefly discussed charging for it, but that would have thrown the entire balance of the game out of whack and made that the be-all-end-all defining purchase in the game.

That being the case, we do understand why people would want a respec when they hit 200, but we're incredibly wary of opening up that can of worms again.

I hear through the g****vine that some players are not just given skill point resets, but entire game resets where they get to keep certain units from event prizes, get refunds for all gold spent credit to their new reset account, and then start over at level 1! This makes me go hmmmmmm...why some and not others...it would be a magical occurrence to have that happen for me!

mxz
01-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Reset autocorrecting to respec, CJ?

albeezy
01-14-2013, 01:05 PM
He's speaking Ali G'anese! Thanks for Keeping it REAL CJ!

http://youtu.be/klz6IVHfHpY

Joeycool
01-14-2013, 01:20 PM
What a top response from CJ.

Credit where it's due. Not just the standard "we don't do that".
But an explanation of "why we don't do that".

BigD@wg
01-14-2013, 01:37 PM
I hear through the g****vine that some players are not just given skill point resets, but entire game resets where they get to keep certain units from event prizes, get refunds for all gold spent credit to their new reset account, and then start over at level 1! This makes me go hmmmmmm...why some and not others...it would be a magical occurrence to have that happen for me!

I have heard the same thing happening...magical occurrences! Hmmmm.

CJ54
01-14-2013, 01:44 PM

D'oh, sorry, I was slipping into mmo lingo. A character respec (re-specification) is when you reset all your attribute points and put them into different things without otherwise altering the character (like, level doesn't change); it's kind of a specific term for a skill point reset in the context of games in general.

Polarbear
01-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Wouldn't it be a better solution to add additional methods to obtain more skill points. The current 1 per map mastery's is a bit tedious, perhaps incorporate into auction event/open10 events as common loot or pump out more of those skill point item bonuses :)

Paulio
01-14-2013, 03:08 PM
That's a wonderful idea, pb. Would rather have skill points than henchmen or RP, even if it's just one at a time.

procsyzarc
01-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Well lets see if they do it, not going to master the rest of the maps since mastering another 11 maps just so I can do one job will take a year not to mention with in the year they will probably add more maps with even higher energy demands.

If they refuse I will probably just delete CC and be done with it (bad news for those who rob me each day). Since it is not really fair to your paying customers to increase the energy required for the game from 600 to 1100 but not add anyway for players already at max level to increase it

tassychris
01-14-2013, 04:30 PM

Has anyone had any luck getting a skill point reset? This is the only game I have played where it is not offered and for those of us who have been 200 for a long time are stuck since they have been a lot of changes that effect skill points since. Ie increased energy bonuses, attack point bonuses etc

Isn't it just your fault that you made a mistake by not building up enougth energy. If I recall energy had a big recommended next to it. Im sure you used your high stamina to great effect on the way up. If I had my time back I would have spent less on money buildings and concentrated on defence because once your at 200 money really can't buy much. But thats life
[CM] OZ

procsyzarc
01-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Isn't it just your fault that you made a mistake by not building up enougth energy. If I recall energy had a big recommended next to it. Im sure you used your high stamina to great effect on the way up. If I had my time back I would have spent less on money buildings and concentrated on defence because once your at 200 money really can't buy much. But thats life
[CM] OZ

Not really, if I had just hit 200 I would somewhat aggree, but many of us have been L200 for 8 months plus back before there were events or new maps or new owner (Gree) which have completly changed the game. Eight months ago there was no way to know they would introduce maps with such a huge energy costs

Scarface corleone
01-14-2013, 06:05 PM
I think it would be a good idea to be able to buy 1 skill point for say 50 gold
Sure the strong would only get stronger.. But that's what happening now anyway..
In these boss events the bigger your stats are the more loot you get without having to spend gold..
Maybe a better idea would be increasing the game to level 250/300 and maybe take 750 mafia into battle..

What's going to happen in a year or so when there's 50 thousand players all camping on level 200

tassychris
01-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Even so iv'e been up here 4 months and have 3600. It's an amazing mistake you have made. You proably took advantage of the M4 A1 while we got the rusty one. And as an android player I feel sorry for those using one who didnt take advantage of the easy to get explosives when they were available because now no double click works on that device. Again it was their pick. Now they are forced to continue buying explosives or do it very slowly by attacking the big bosses.
I think your problem is very low on the fix list as it should be. The game has evolved but even though there have been major changes 1000 was never going to be enougth.
[CM] OZ

AK-47
01-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Well lets see if they do it, not going to master the rest of the maps since mastering another 11 maps just so I can do one job will take a year not to mention with in the year they will probably add more maps with even higher energy demands. If they refuse I will probably just delete CC and be done with it (bad news for those who rob me each day). Since it is not really fair to your paying customers to increase the energy required for the game from 600 to 1100 but not add anyway for players already at max level to increase it
*****WARNING: HARSHNESS ALERT, READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION***** lol

WHOA WHOA... hold on a second... You're telling me, that you HAVE the access to more skill points(11 available maps to "master"), and instead of just doing what the game intends for you to do to increase your energy total, you would rather just come to the forum and complain and/or demand a stat reset? This nonsense literally made me LOL...

I hope they do refuse your request, then we wouldn't have to hear anymore crying from you... well that is if the people that "threaten" to quit the game because they don't get what they want would actually follow through on their "threats."

Good riddance I say...

Scarface corleone
01-14-2013, 10:23 PM
*****WARNING: HARSHNESS ALERT, READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION***** lol

WHOA WHOA... hold on a second... You're telling me, that you HAVE the access to more skill points(11 available maps to "master"), and instead of just doing what the game intends for you to do to increase your energy total, you would rather just come to the forum and complain and/or demand a stat reset? This nonsense literally made me LOL...

I hope they do refuse your request, then we wouldn't have to hear anymore crying from you... well that is if the people that "threaten" to quit the game because they don't get what they want would actually follow through on their "threats."

Good riddance I say...

I have to agree! If you haven't mastered the maps and you spent all your skill points on stamina.
Then I say you've wasted an hour or two on this forum when you could be earning skill points..

I also have a request for gree I spent too much respect points on stipple Tommy guns. I want my respect points back..
But I'm not gonna waste a year accumulating more.. Lmao!

Casey Jones
01-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Noob to the forum so take it easy on me. Something I have been thinking about maybe some veterans could give some advice. I'm on level 111 and wondering when I should stop adding stamina and use skill points for just atk/def? I think I have enough energy (1230). What do most players on levels 175 - 200 have for stamina? Thanks guys! BTW glad to be on the forum

murf
01-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Noob to the forum so take it easy on me. Something I have been thinking about maybe some veterans could give some advice. I'm on level 111 and wondering when I should stop adding stamina and use skill points for just atk/def? I think I have enough energy (1230). What do most players on levels 175 - 200 have for stamina? Thanks guys! BTW glad to be on the forum

I have Goodfella status, which means I get 200 energy per hour, and 22 stamina per hour.

At the higher levels, there are some really nice farmable items (for free or low-gold players) like The Last Call (non-consummable explosive, 25/18). Since you will be farming in the higher level, I suggest that you add enough energy so that you are rarely at your max (when you wake up, after work, etc). This way you farm as much as you can. For me that means 9 hours worth or 1,800.

For stamina, that's your own call. I have just over 100, some have 50 because the 10 gold refill only gets you back to 50 and they're willing to spend the 10 gold. I would say depending on your style of play, somewhere between 50 and 125 is probably where you want to be. That's a large range, but people have different styles of play.

I would then put the remainder in attack. Esp with the Epic Boss events now. In the higher levels, a few hundred points of defense is meaningless. There are always many people stronger than you. And since you can control who you attack, it's worth more to me. Again is player taste. But that's my opinion.

murf
01-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Wouldn't it be a better solution to add additional methods to obtain more skill points. The current 1 per map mastery's is a bit tedious, perhaps incorporate into auction event/open10 events as common loot or pump out more of those skill point item bonuses :)

Good idea...replace the +1 Mafia Member with +1 Skill Point.

AppleMacGuy
01-20-2013, 02:53 AM
My 2p worth...

procsyzarc has a good point here. I too like to do the map quests (to relieve the boredom that often occurs in-game). I think I've only got 12 or so maps to complete to L5 mastery.

It was impossible to know what might be coming in CC a year ago, so players could only make decisions based on what they knew at the time. I myself opted to distribute SPs in a fairly balanced manner but I soon realised that Att/Def SPs were basically useless and all that mattered was Energy and Stamina.

I was declined a reset by support also. Fortunately, I got a lucky break a few months because the devs applied automatic resets to some players back to fix some issue(s) or other. I used the opportunity wisely - now I have 3500 energy and 150 stamina. Ideal IMO.

I think a possible solution would be to grant all players who hit Level 200 a one time opportunity for a reset. I think it would be just reward for showing commitment to the game, cos it takes time and effort to achieve that goal. It could be handled by support and the volume of requests would not be so excessive. How about it CJ?

prostouser
01-20-2013, 04:05 AM
Good idea...replace the +1 Mafia Member with +1 Skill Point.
+1 Skill point is overkill (free +10 to ATT or DEF...)
Rearrange 1 skill point (randomly decreasing one of the current parameters) is a fair and intersting prize