PDA

View Full Version : Top 50 Campaigns - waste of time ?

Rayda
01-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Are these "top 50" campaigns going to be a waste of time for the majority of players, even the ones that are very active but relative newcomers?

Lets say for argument sake there are 50 players per faction and 50 faction. The top players will end up in those 50 factions. So for a lucky 2500 players, they get the prizes?

Means that anyone starting out, regardless how much better than their peers they maybe, wont get a look in at getting anything?

I may have mis-understood how this current event works but it seems only useful for the established elite players.

Don't get me wrong, I dont be-grudge them the best prizes, heck no, they should. Just doesnt seem much incentive to bother trying if you know you not in the same league....

(putting on my flame resistant suit)

(Note I corrected the 50x50=250 part of my post lest it engulf the thread lol)

Jhenry02
01-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Or those that lost thousands of game units, and get stuck at #52
-J

Matt Thornton
01-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Are these "top 50" campaigns going to be a waste of time for the majority of players, even the ones that are very active but relative newcomers?

Lets say for argument sake there are 50 players per faction and 50 faction. The top players will end up in those 50 factions. So for a lucky 250 players, they get the prizes?

Means that anyone starting out, regardless how much better than their peers they maybe, wont get a look in at getting anything?

I may have mis-understood how this current event works but it seems only useful for the established elite players.

Don't get me wrong, I dont be-grudge them the best prizes, heck no, they should. Just doesnt seem much incentive to bother trying if you know you not in the same league....

(putting on my flame resistant suit)
50 x 50 does not = 250 bro.

double dan
01-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Or those that lost thousands of game units, and get stuck at #52
-J

Exactly. We'll have to see how this one goes to know if it'll even be worth all the losses again if they do another PVP tournament.

And the prize available could persuade some, but it would have to be awesome for all the units people lost during this event.

V/R,

-DD

Ryans67
01-13-2013, 04:10 PM
50 x 50 does not = 250 bro.

Now that's quality entertainment....

Rayda
01-13-2013, 04:11 PM
ahem... i feel embarrassed by my bad math. Still you know what I meant ;)

Q Raider
01-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Fact is that the initial event will likely be dominated by people who have "short cut" the game, in particular skill point hackers.

Hopefully Gree and the other players will notice the oddities with these player's game dynamics and they and their factions will be eliminated from the event...

From this point at face value you would believe that the strongest players in the strongest factions would be at the top of the tree........this may not be the case for ALL of the upper tier factions.

The only clue I will give you as to why I consider this a possibility is contained within the information freely available to EVERY player. All I will say is don't just read, comprehend... :-)

Tctiger
01-13-2013, 04:21 PM
If you are in a faction not near the top 50 factions then yes but you only need to be in a top 10000 faction to get some great prizes and your faction boosts .

Rayda
01-13-2013, 04:25 PM
The only clue I will give you as to why I consider this a possibility is contained within the information freely available to EVERY player. All I will say is don't just read, comprehend... :-)

Blimey Q-Raider, thats a riddle ....

Q Raider
01-13-2013, 04:39 PM
No freebies Rayda you gotta work for that bit of info. :-)

Rayda
01-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Attacking players vs campers?

Dah too tired or stupid to figure this one out ...

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Hackers, cheaters, and glitchers; oh my!

I've been sounding the alarm for weeks.

This is precisely why I chose to sit this dance out.

There are also hundreds of player shells or rubber dollies that will be inflated by 19 January.

The, so called top tier factions, will be lucky to finish within the top 250.

Yes, there are THAT many hacks and hackers ready to disrupt and destroy this event.

Gree is apparently powerless to stop them!!!!

Fact is that the initial event will likely be dominated by people who have "short cut" the game, in particular skill point hackers.Hopefully Gree and the other players will notice the oddities with these player's game dynamics and they and their factions will be eliminated from the event...From this point at face value you would believe that the strongest players in the strongest factions would be at the top of the tree........this may not be the case for ALL of the upper tier factions.The only clue I will give you as to why I consider this a possibility is contained within the information freely available to EVERY player. All I will say is don't just read, comprehend... :-)

Dudebot121256
01-13-2013, 04:56 PM
If you want to be the elite, you have to train. I used the Faction PVP event as practice.

andy_xyz2004
01-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Hackers, cheaters, and glitchers; oh my!

I've been sounding the alarm for weeks.

This is precisely why I chose to sit this dance out.

There are also hundreds of player shells or rubber dollies that will be inflated by 19 January.

The, so called top tier factions, will be lucky to finish within the top 250.

Yes, there are THAT many hacks and hackers ready to disrupt and destroy this event.

Gree is apparently powerless to stop them!!!!

Correct, now i saw many hacker around level 70ish with Resistance rider, Orbital hammer, Wavebreaker, Riptide runner in his inventory.... WTH....

ricemstcr
01-13-2013, 09:07 PM
the war will have tiers, they really should do this for every aspect of faction pvp.

its possible that a ton of factions are formed with low level players and those players stay up all night and keep raiding but will eventually get nothing. the message this sends those people is that they have no chance in competing or that they should leave the faction in hopes of joining a higher powered team - which now only accept elite players.

low level players will be blown out of any event that doesnt have tiers. Maybe this is why in the 1st faction pvp a prize was given to a wider number of factions.

these low level players need to get something. if they are in a less powerful faction, the prize should be smaller but there still needs to be a prize. otherwise, the majority of factions will only compete in the wars at the end of the month, where there is a much greater chance of getting rewarded.

If all things were balanced like the description in CJ's post (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43749-Battle-For-Brazil-1-19-Sneak-Preview-The-Rewards) then all factions will keep battling.

King little fruit fly
01-13-2013, 11:10 PM
I will let you know tomorrow if it is waste of my time for the 1000 pvps I did for my fazi. :p