01-13-2013, 02:27 AM
camper advice
My camper Don Uzoma
Mafia size 81
Lvl 6
A 874
D 1154
IPH 23k

Was wondering if I should partake in this event or just concentrate on IPH and daily scratchers until I can build better stats

Your advice would be greatly appreciated

silverbackspur
01-13-2013, 02:45 AM
I would always compete in the boss events as they are now for low level.

Bala82
01-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Agreed Boss event should only event you should do , forget about leader board one but 10 box one you should try to get first two to three items. :)

It's really upto how you feel about you should see how many boss you could defeat with current stats and than in next boss event try beat 1 more , Let say you were able defeat 10 bosses with you stats so next try to beat 11th boss.

The only thing is that the more bosses you defeat the more experience you will get i seen player who start boss event at your level and by the end reached level 20 by the end of it. It's really a matter how much you want level up. You need have level where you don't level past so for you , you might i am going do boss event until i reach level 10 and than stop.

white frog
01-13-2013, 08:53 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?25225-Why-even-campers-should-participate-in-events

mxz
01-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Wait until you can beat the boss before participating. Otherwise you're just wasting XP on common items.

Cricket
01-13-2013, 11:29 AM
I second MXZ's statement. I've been camping more or less only to come out to try and beat the boss. I'm currently level 41 with 195k iph and have an attack of 20300 and def of 19840 (with 6 snowballs) I regret not building up my stats earlier to get the boss items when you get to 40. If you can, try to wait until you have around 8k stats before taking on the boss. It's hard to do, but once you do, you'll be set for many of the future bosses to come.
The problem I was faced with was building up to those high stats. I found that these boss events pushed me up many atk/def levels and made it easier for future bosses to come but that was at the tradeoff of only probably being able to recieve one boss item in every tier instead of a boss item in every event.

Tomatoneverdie
01-13-2013, 11:53 AM
I actually have a different opinion, do a few bosses just to see what you get. It seems the rare/uncommon drop % is better for the low levelers. My camper account has been getting Rares on the 2nd or 3rd boss. But never never spend gold to prolong the Boss event on your camper....

mxz
01-13-2013, 12:00 PM
I actually have a different opinion, do a few bosses just to see what you get. It seems the rare/uncommon drop % is better for the low levelers. My camper account has been getting Rares on the 2nd or 3rd boss. But never never spend gold to prolong the Boss event on your camper....Your % is even better on boss 25, though. No reason to miss out on a couple top units because you wanted to roll the dice, prematurely.

emcee
01-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Only participate if you know for sure you are going to defeat the final boss. It's not as though there won't be any more boss events. Camp until you get better scratchers, work on economy and at minimum buy the best cash items across the board and at full alliance. This will take a while but will give you the best chance to beat the boss free or with less gold spend.

Tomatoneverdie
01-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Your % is even better on boss 25, tough. No reason to miss out on a couple top units because you wanted to roll the dice, prematurely.

Honestly, based on the data I have taken on all the previous Boss events for my main & camper accounts. I don't see the odd being much better after Boss 25. Heck, on a couple events I have gotten more commons between Boss 30-40 than uncommon/rare combined. But my camper account has been getting Rares before Boss #5 several times.

My point is, who knows if Boss event is here to stay. Gree might can them since it doesn't really help with their profit for giving gold status weapons away for free. Enjoy it while you can....

Ak Killah
01-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, here in the forums it's like a fountain of knowledge. I think I'll sit this one out and build by stats and income per hour.

Coldjoey
01-14-2013, 05:19 AM
Camp at level 9 as you open 2 extra buildings, times two each. Market stall is worth upgrading to help with iph, so do bosses untill you level up.

buddylee
01-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Only participate if you know for sure you are going to defeat the final boss. It's not as though there won't be any more boss events. Camp until you get better scratchers, work on economy and at minimum buy the best cash items across the board and at full alliance. This will take a while but will give you the best chance to beat the boss free or with less gold spend.

Are you saying, beat the level 40 boss gold free? After about 20 rounds, I'll have to start putting gold down or I won't be able to beat him. It's pretty consistent.

murf
01-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Are you saying, beat the level 40 boss gold free? After about 20 rounds, I'll have to start putting gold down or I won't be able to beat him. It's pretty consistent.

I've used the PVP explosive events to stockpile those ridiculously strong explosives and have been able to beat the boss every time 40x's. Currently I'm on Boss #35 with El Diablo and it's going to take me 9 hits to beat him.

buddylee
01-14-2013, 10:45 AM
I've used the PVP explosive events to stockpile those ridiculously strong explosives and have been able to beat the boss every time 40x's. Currently I'm on Boss #35 with El Diablo and it's going to take me 9 hits to beat him.

I'll keep that in mind. I did try stockpiling the exploding pumpkins (I believe that was the first event they had). I had 70 stored up. It was great. Then one afternoon two individuals wiped me clean of all 70. I stopped stockpiling after that since it required so much energy. I may do it again come next special event. Who knows, maybe they'll make exploding valentine hearts or chocolates or something. Thanks for the tip. The exploding TP was hysterical.

murf
01-14-2013, 11:58 AM
I'll keep that in mind. I did try stockpiling the exploding pumpkins (I believe that was the first event they had). I had 70 stored up. It was great. Then one afternoon two individuals wiped me clean of all 70. I stopped stockpiling after that since it required so much energy. I may do it again come next special event. Who knows, maybe they'll make exploding valentine hearts or chocolates or something. Thanks for the tip. The exploding TP was hysterical.

Yeah, I guess I've been lucky to not come across any of those players yet...I do lose 1 here and there. I think 3 is the most I've lost in a single attack. I think it's worth the energy spent, assuming you can hold onto them until the next epic boss event.

Tomatoneverdie
01-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Murf, you did pretty good on both accounts.