PDA

View Full Version : ElDiablo: Beware - loot is the same for all tiers!

DenZ1
01-11-2013, 07:16 PM
I have 3 accounts levels 60, 96 (Android) and 200 and all of them has same loot for ElDiablo which is from lower tier level (maybe tier 2 or tier 3).

Polarbear
01-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Did they regulate difficulty as well?

So low levels don't get so many freebies now...

Munch on it
01-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Still as easy as ever down here so I'm not worried lol

Tomatoneverdie
01-11-2013, 07:25 PM
No, my Lv45 just killed Boss 16 with 3 cash hits and already gotten 4 Rares....

kimberleyj
01-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Did they regulate difficulty as well?

So low levels don't get so many freebies now...

yea they have . i am on level 31 on my camper and when i hit level 4 i had to hit the boss twice. the boss before i think i got to level 8 before having to hit him twice.

DenZ1
01-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Difficulty seems to be unaffected for now.

Babytway
01-11-2013, 07:55 PM
no rares for me yet on main and camper already up to lvl 10 on both looks like i got the boss event curse

chbranch
01-11-2013, 08:45 PM
No. Its not regulated. I have a lvl 18 account with 6k attack and according to bill's spreadsheet, it's right on where it's suppose to be. I just 1 cash hit boss 15(6k xp) and hit boss 16(7k xp) and it took two hits. The tier jump for 1 to 2 is absolutely ridiculous though. They should change that.

djesus
01-11-2013, 08:45 PM
So far for me 2 uncommon and 4 commons.. no rares :(

Munch on it
01-11-2013, 08:48 PM
3x Rares
4x uncommon
13x common

CJ54
01-11-2013, 10:02 PM
I checked with the devs on this one; the plan was to have another goal/quest that went alongside the boss which would have made the "one size fits all" loot make a bit more sense. The goal/quest couldn't be added in time though (my understanding is technical reasons). So basically a false start, but the boss was set to roll. We can't really swap out the loot now.

Dipstik
01-11-2013, 10:09 PM
How about you stop screwing everyone over level 100 over and make the bosses equally hard at all levels. In most well-designed games, leveling up is a good thing.

(CK) EL
01-11-2013, 10:12 PM
How about you stop screwing everyone over level 100 over and make the bosses equally hard at all levels. In most well-designed games, leveling up is a good thing.
+1000

CJ54
01-11-2013, 10:14 PM

I'll pass the feedback on regarding the exact curve, but things DO tend to get harder as people level up in games in general. That's almost a truism actually, unless you're talking about higher-level players going back and completing lower-level content (which gets easier in this game as well, if you put points into energy).

THCraul
01-11-2013, 10:19 PM
I am having super bad luck in this event.... Poor me.... :(

so far beat the boss 8 times and got
ALL COMMON ITEMS
this is so much of a bad luck i was looking eagerly for this event and now i am demotivated heavily :'(

DenZ1
01-11-2013, 10:29 PM
I am having super bad luck in this event.... Poor me.... :(

so far beat the boss 8 times and got
ALL COMMON ITEMS
this is so much of a bad luck i was looking eagerly for this event and now i am demotivated heavily :'(
You are not the only one. 17 bosses 2 rares, 15 commons. I'm skipping this one. Rares are too bad to invest lots of gold.

Illuminati
01-11-2013, 11:05 PM
I'll pass the feedback on regarding the exact curve, but things DO tend to get harder as people level up in games in general. That's almost a truism actually, unless you're talking about higher-level players going back and completing lower-level content (which gets easier in this game as well, if you put points into energy).

CJ, I think what he's referring to is the fact that low level campers with heavily inflated stats are able to mow through the boss events while those in the higher level struggle to get past even boss #20. With each successive boss event, the low level campers only become more powerful as they can go further and further with all the loot they collected. This is unfair to the higher level players, especially when you have a boss event where the loot is the same for all tiers like this one.

Either the experience gained from a boss kill should be increased significantly so as to force the campers to level with each boss event, or there should be some mid-level goal added for the higher level players only, such as the Beat the Boss 20 times to win a prize (ie. the first Captain OMalley event).

DenZ1
01-11-2013, 11:09 PM
CJ, I think what he's referring to is the fact that low level campers with heavily inflated stats are able to mow through the boss events while those in the higher level struggle to get past even boss #20. With each successive boss event, the low level campers only become more powerful as they can go further and further with all the loot they collected. This is unfair to the higher level players, especially when you have a boss event where the loot is the same for all tiers like this one.

Either the experience gained from a boss kill should be increased significantly so as to force the campers to level with each boss event, or there should be some mid-level goal added for the higher level players only, such as the Beat the Boss 20 times to win a prize (ie. the first Captain OMalley event).
+1 to that even that I also have that LL account :)

Munch on it
01-11-2013, 11:54 PM

That would have to be the dumbest thing out of everything you've ever said on here

CJ54
01-12-2013, 12:01 AM

Ah. I see what you mean. That's a tough nut to crack, with a lot of Catch-22-type situations in terms of likely player experience. I believe the original plan with the quest for this boss was something along the lines of your suggestion #2 though.

Depending on exactly what you mean by low level though, the low level campers are always going to be sort of relatively more powerful for where they're at than the higher level players, precisely since they're camping. We could scale the loot quality differently at higher levels to compensate for the perceived hardness, but that's also fraught with some serious potential balance issues.

I'd be down to hear more sometime about the low level camping vs. high level play experience and if this feeling crops up anywhere besides the bosses, and I'll be glad to pass this on to the devs at large. I'm wondering if it's a known feeling outside the sort of engaged-player-forum circle, as it seems like you'd either need to play multiple accounts or talk to people who do to see it.

dudeman
01-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Checking my PMs and thought I'd pitch in my 5¢.

Boss events are EVENTS. Events should be the same for every player in the game. Bosses already get harder as you advance in level. For example, Boss 20 is much more difficult to beat than Boss 1. Because of that it seems redundant and unreasonable for the bosses to also become more difficult as you get stronger and level up.

Under the current "system", almost any low level player, camper or not, can obtain the grand prize completely for free (without gold) if they are willing to invest the time and dedication. In comparison, the exact same amount of time and dedication spent by someone at a higher level will only get them half as many bosses defeated, and even then it becomes a struggle.

The reason this is an issue is that beginners with very low stats can and do win the grand prize for free, while players who have invested more time (and possibly also real money) to get stronger don't have a shot at the grand prize without spending hundreds of real dollars on gold.

That's really backwards. It should just be the same boss for everyone, and if your stats are too low to beat him you can either spend a fortune on gold or level up and get stronger. Or you could do both, whatever.

P4TR1C14N
01-12-2013, 12:54 AM
Checking my PMs and thought I'd pitch in my 5¢.

Boss events are EVENTS. Events should be the same for every player in the game. Bosses already get harder as you advance in level. For example, Boss 20 is much more difficult to beat than Boss 1. Because of that it seems redundant and unreasonable for the bosses to also become more difficult as you get stronger and level up.

Under the current "system", almost any low level player, camper or not, can obtain the grand prize completely for free (without gold) if they are willing to invest the time and dedication. In comparison, the exact same amount of time and dedication spent by someone at a higher level will only get them half as many bosses defeated, and even then it becomes a struggle.

The reason this is an issue is that beginners with very low stats can and do win the grand prize for free, while players who have invested more time (and possibly also real money) to get stronger don't have a shot at the grand prize without spending hundreds of real dollars on gold.

That's really backwards. It should just be the same boss for everyone, and if your stats are too low to beat him you can either spend a fortune on gold or level up and get stronger. Or you could do both, whatever.

Spot on... The system is not fair and is biased... They should correct it.

Strontium dog
01-12-2013, 01:24 AM
I have a low level account and I thought I'd pitch in. I don't have access to the higher level income buildings nor any of the events that run with the exception of the boss event. I can't buy the decent units and I don't have access to any decent loot. If I play the boss event and went to boss 40 I'd level enormously and would soon be in a higher tier. I agree that the higher bosses are too hard so why not concentrate on getting that changed rather than trying to spoil it for low level players. By having it the way it is it encourages people to stay in the game. Cj you can feed that back too!

Tomatoneverdie
01-12-2013, 04:15 AM
So from what I am reading, anyone Lv101 and above are screwed this time. A loot swap after the event seems impossible judging on the amount of people in that Tier....

In additional, the loot drop percentage seems to favorite the low level and weak players as well. My Lv46 account is getting more rares than my Lv101 account on ALL boss events. Like a lot of people are saying here, why punish people who has invested so much time and money in a game?

Bala82
01-12-2013, 06:56 AM
Honestly there really no solution to this you can't have 1 tier for all players because no way low level player can defeat tier 3 boss .

If you were set boss tier for everyone to be tier 3 since it's middle tier low level players will complain it's unfair while high level players will boss item ?

Current system in place is reasonable since game designed for new players not old players. Gree knows that it's new players are naive enough pay gold for items while experience players know it's a rip-off so market the game for new players because that's where they know they can profit.

Just because someone was smart enough to start player the game this year instead wanting to be first person play this game 2011 . You old players were beta tester for this game and now that game is past beta version and is currently proper version is avaliable.

Bugsy
01-12-2013, 07:01 AM
I agree this event is messed up. 13 wins, 13 common items. They should just reset the event and make it the same for every player

Issaquah
01-12-2013, 07:10 AM
14 commons, 1 uncommon

Tomatoneverdie
01-12-2013, 07:16 AM
13 Commons 4 Uncommon....looks like I am doing pretty good. Sarc/

haywood
01-12-2013, 08:22 AM
This is by far the most crappy boss event for me. I'm now at 17 bosses defeated and have received 16 commons and 1 rare. I normally have between 5-7 rare items by boss 20.

Illuminati
01-12-2013, 08:41 AM
This is by far the most crappy boss event for me. I'm now at 17 bosses defeated and have received 16 commons and 1 rare. I normally have between 5-7 rare items by boss 20.

5-7 rares?? Consider yourself lucky then. The most I've ever gotten was 3...usually it's 1or 2 like you've had this event.

Joeycool
01-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Meh. Boss event is what it is.

Low players can beat the boss easier than HL players... Good for them. High level players get some free gold level item for free. Cant complain at that.

I have 20 common. 2 uncommon.

I'm not complaining. It cost me nothing.

LongFingers
01-12-2013, 09:38 AM
i think boss events are unbalanced for last tier players. 100 levels in a only tier. This makes me very difficult kill more than 16/17 bosses with cash, for my actual 46K atk stats, lvl 137.
I understant that big prizes must be hard to obtain, using gold or having strong stats. it's obvious.
you're giving more facilities to players in low tiers, more easy for that players to kill bosses.
but it's a very big issue in this event that low tiers obtain same rated atk/def items than players in last tier, because is more difficult kill bosses in last tier.

CJ this is a big issue. boss events aren't a new event, you aren't new on this events, what happen with this event ?
Lot of players are waiting your changes here, this not help to retain players here.

I'm not complaining, I'm giving my opinion

Joeycool
01-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Its not really a big issue.

Most people that do have an issue with boss events are upset that lower level players can get get the prize easier than them.

Boss events are still by far the easiest to win. No matter what level you are. Essentially what some people are saying is "make it harder for low level players to get the prize, because otherwise its not fair on me."

So you want to get a massive stat item for free? Well thats going to go down well with all the people who have spent gold to get massive stat items.

Low level players didn't get access to things like the free M41a's. Or multi click drops. There are a lot of unbalanced issues in the game historically. But they all tend to level out when you look at the bigger picture.

LongFingers
01-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Boss event is what it is.
I agree in this with you.
The issue, for me, is that in low tiers will receive same items att/def like last tier.
This is different in this event, and is a big issue for me.
I'm not new here, I know what I can obtain here for free, in a game where you expend money for win.
i'm not talking about this, It's obvious. I'm not arguing to obtain the Dorado Knuckles for free

Dipstik
01-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Honestly there really no solution to this you can't have 1 tier for all players because no way low level player can defeat tier 3 boss .

If you were set boss tier for everyone to be tier 3 since it's middle tier low level players will complain it's unfair while high level players will boss item ?

Simple solution... Level up and get stronger! It never ceases to amaze me how many people here don't seem to understand that concept.

Joeycool
01-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Simple solution... Level up and get stronger! It never ceases to amaze me how many people here don't seem to understand that concept.

Exactly. Well said.

Bala82
01-12-2013, 11:04 AM

That because Levelling up doesn't automatically make you stronger and only way players can get stronger is to buy gold and spend it on Gold item.

it makes no sense to level up unless

You want to unlock a respect weapons or money building

You want to beat a boss you can't and need extra 5 more hits

You have too many items that are not used and by levelling up you get to use them assuming you are within max mafia for your level.

LongFingers
01-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Exactly. Well said.
If you pay a vault of gold for the same item than a player obtain for free, you say level up and get stronger ?
funny!
More funny !
please remember the title of this thread........

LongFingers
01-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Oh I understand now....
not enough henchmen....

Joeycool
01-12-2013, 11:31 AM
That because Levelling up doesn't automatically make you stronger

Erm... yes it does. Always.

Anyway. Thats off topic. Sorry OP.

haywood
01-12-2013, 11:36 AM
5-7 rares?? Consider yourself lucky then. The most I've ever gotten was 3...usually it's 1or 2 like you've had this event.

I see, well then if you need me I'll be over here shutting the F up and being happy with what I got. :D I can't complain since it didn't cost me anything but dang if I see another mask, I'm gonna kill myself! I'm gonna go check my Jamaican items from the last boss. I want to see how many rare I got.....brb

Ok just checked, I don't remember all the rare items for the Jamaican boss but I did see 2 rare guns and I have a spring loaded knife that was recent although I don't know if it was from him. I also checked the female Asian boss we had recently and I have 3 rare melee, 2 rare armor and 5 uncommon from her. I guess after those two getting 17 common and 1 rare just stings a little :) maybe #19 or 20 will have another rare for me.......we will see.

dudeman
01-12-2013, 02:38 PM

Most people that do have an issue with boss events are upset that lower level players can get get the prize easier than them.

... Essentially what some people are saying is "make it harder for low level players to get the prize, because otherwise its not fair on me."

1) Not exactly. The real issue isn't that lower level players can get the grand prize more easily, it's the catch-22 that leveling up and getting stronger actually hinders your ability to beat more bosses.

2) Low level players can win the prize, ok, that's nice. They don't need to change that, but since that's the case, higher level players should also be able to win the grand prize. They have, after all, leveled up and gotten stronger. However, the boss difficulty should continue to increase after the "last" boss is defeated. Everyone who puts in the effort could and would get the grand prize, and the people who level up and get stronger would actually be able to beat more bosses and win more loot. The only party that loses with that system is Gree, which is likely why the bosses don't work that way.

Tomatoneverdie
01-12-2013, 03:46 PM
@ OP, sorry for the following off-topic comments....

Complaints? Maybe, but there are also a lot of constructive suggestion provided by veterans. I am not asking for massive stat boost for free, I'm asking for consistency. Make it equally easy or equally hard for everyone.

I have benefited greatly from Bosses with the help from holiday explosives (another disadvantage for the players in shark pool), and I don't think it was fair one bit....

RijilV
01-12-2013, 03:49 PM
@ OP, sorry for the following off-topic comments....

Complaints? Maybe, but there are also a lot of constructive suggestion provided by veterans. I am not asking for massive stat boost for free, I'm asking for consistency. Make it equally easy or equally hard for everyone.

I have benefited greatly from Bosses with the help from holiday explosives (another disadvantage for the players in shark pool), and I don't think it was fair one bit....

+1, seems out of whack that low level players can get super powerful but it is harder to do for higher level player. If that's going to be the case going forward, could someone reset my level to 1?

LongFingers
01-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Ladys & Gentleman, sorry for my bad sentences.
I was traying to explain this.
For everybody who doesn't know that in Boss Events, same items for every player, but different ATK/DEF stats for same items, depending on what tier you are.

I understant that this events more easier for low levels.... assumed, no problem with this...
But in Diablo Boss, seems that every tier receives the same items, with the same ATK/DEF stats

I'm giving my opinion about this "change", issue for me.
Look, for example at Lotus Blosson Kunai stats for a player in level 30 and a player in level 134:

http://imageshack.us/a/img685/1079/geisha030.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img688/4653/geisha134.jpg

Same item better stats for last tier, it's right, more difficult for this tier
Now same item same stats, this is unbalanced for me
This is the issue I reported, not that boss event more easier for some players and must be changed. I didn't say this.

Tomatoneverdie
01-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Longfinger, you are right, this is the original talking point of this thread. Sorry I went off topic

LongFingers
01-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Longfinger, you are right, this is the original talking point of this thread. Sorry I went off topic
Don't worry about this. no problem with this, here is the place to opine about game, sure, no problem with anybody here
I was afraid, that nobody understood me. Sorry for my bad english dudes!

DenZ1
01-12-2013, 11:32 PM
I can tell where the problem is... I have iPad account on lvl60 and iPod account on lvl200.
My current iPad account has about 68,000 in attack!!! No one could beat/rob me in 3 months now.I have consumable explosives and lots of boss items. I haven't spent a single cent on that account. I can get final boss item for free or maybe 10 gold. I didn't get the last one just because I have life and didn't want to spent more time on it. My lvl200 gold spending account would require about 2000-2500 gold to get that item plus it requires tons of time to be invested if I want to keep gold count reasonable.
So what is OK with this? I'm not even talking about fairness. Sorry, but low level boss difficulty has to be adjusted. Just make it the same difficulty for all tiers meaning if i can get to boss 20 with average stats on lvl200 i should do the same and no better on low levels. I know that it's hard to balance it for players with 20k or 40k stats on lower levels but there is always a solution. Check with Ramshutu :)

NTM
01-13-2013, 03:47 AM
I can tell where the problem is... I have iPad account on lvl60 and iPod account on lvl200.
My current iPad account has about 68,000 in attack!!! No one could beat/rob me in 3 months now.I have consumable explosives and lots of boss items. I haven't spent a single cent on that account. I can get final boss item for free or maybe 10 gold. I didn't get the last one just because I have life and didn't want to spent more time on it. My lvl200 gold spending account would require about 2000-2500 gold to get that item plus it requires tons of time to be invested if I want to keep gold count reasonable.
So what is OK with this? I'm not even talking about fairness. Sorry, but low level boss difficulty has to be adjusted. Just make it the same difficulty for all tiers meaning if i can get to boss 20 with average stats on lvl200 i should do the same and no better on low levels. I know that it's hard to balance it for players with 20k or 40k stats on lower levels but there is always a solution. Check with Ramshutu :)

I have the position like u : a ios account lvl 76 and free...spend maybe 30 gold and many items for free, no one rob/atk me, cant....
And on my Android account where i spend a lot....i have exposive but with out that im dead sure...and im more lucky on ios for loot...search the error.....

Not fair fur sure...but ican tell that same like u, point by point...we are many like this....

Joeycool
01-13-2013, 06:13 AM
Check with Ramshutu :)

This is a good idea. Gree should really just employ Ram. Problem solved.