PDA

View Full Version : Fortification in battles

gwmac
01-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Now that the actual battles are starting, still curious about how fortifications work or will help. I never understood what the best strategy was for fortifications. Was it best to to only have as many level 10 as possible? or to have a few at each level? or to have several level 10, several around level 5 and most at lower levels like level 1 or 2.

Can anyone explain what fortifications are for and a good strategy for buying/upgrading?

BigD@wg
01-11-2013, 11:36 AM
The WD battle doesn't start until the 19th. This weekend battle is just a PVP tourney. Fortifications aren't used in these battles, only in WD. No idea how the fortifications will ultimately play into those battles.

gwmac
01-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Oh okay thanks. This whole event has been so confusing. I wish there was an FAQ that explained a good buying and upgrade guide for fortifications. I am a faction leader and I get that question a lot in the forums. Also not sure which bonuses to buy in what order. But most importantly would be a good way to keep track of cash and concrete donations by players in the game itself. Some players were donating and not posting in the faction forum, others were not donating and claiming they did. How can a faction leader accurately tell who has donated and how much? A lot of kinks that need to be worked out for their next big event.

Morphlingman
01-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Fortifications are used as a means of allowing lower stat players to attack, when they cannot attack the defence leader or other players, because their stats are too low (ie a level 25 player trying to attack a level 200). During each 1 hr battle, your highest fortification will be used automatically, at the end of the hour battle, it will be discarded even if it was not completely destroyed. This is my understanding of it so far.

Jstaa
01-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Oh okay thanks. This whole event has been so confusing. I wish there was an FAQ that explained a good buying and upgrade guide for fortifications. I am a faction leader and I get that question a lot in the forums. Also not sure which bonuses to buy in what order. But most importantly would be a good way to keep track of cash and concrete donations by players in the game itself. Some players were donating and not posting in the faction forum, others were not donating and claiming they did. How can a faction leader accurately tell who has donated and how much? A lot of kinks that need to be worked out for their next big event.

Tell your faction that if they don't post when they donate, then they won't get credit for it, and just check into your game constantly and try to catch the kids lying. I also read that one fortification will be used during each faction war... and then it said at the end of the war, even if the other faaction didn't destroy your fortification, it will be gone... so obviously you want as many level 10 fortifications as possible but you also don't want to run out of high level ones, and only have low level ones left.

gwmac
01-11-2013, 12:14 PM
It takes a lot of blocks to build one level 10 fort. Seems like a waste to lose it after only one battle with all the resources it took to get even one level 10 fort. Obviously it would be great to have 100 level 10 fortifications, but with limited resources you have to make some compromises.

Since you can only use it in one battle, wouldn't eight level 7 forts be more useful than say 2 or 3 level 10 forts then? At least then you are pretty well equipped for 7 tough battles vs. super equipped for only 3 since you lose them.

gwmac
01-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Tell your faction that if they don't post when they donate, then they won't get credit for it, and just check into your game constantly and try to catch the kids lying. I also read that one fortification will be used during each faction war... and then it said at the end of the war, even if the other faaction didn't destroy your fortification, it will be gone... so obviously you want as many level 10 fortifications as possible but you also don't want to run out of high level ones, and only have low level ones left.

Yeah, that is what I had to do. But that takes a lot of time and effort. WOuld be so much easier if the game could keep track of that for us. At least allow the faction leader to see those stats, although I think everyone in the faction should be able to see.

gwmac
01-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Can anyone answer this question. Is it better to have fewer of the higher level fortifications over a large number of medium level?

For example, which is preferable. 3 Level 10 forts or 10 Level 7 forts.

If you can only use a fort one time then it gets destroyed or removed, I am trying to understand why you just wouldn't want to have a few level 10 for your toughest battles, many more around level 7 for other tough battles, then a large number of lower level towers for fighting very weak opponents. Why would you want to waste a level 10 fort on an opponent you could beat with just a level 4 fort?

Everyone would love to have dozens of level 10 forts but with limited resources, that is very hard to do. I am sure some of the super factions don't have this problem, but what is a good strategy if you only have limited resources of concrete. It seems lately concrete blocks are few and far between.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-12-2013, 03:35 PM
No one knows for sure. The players are guessing and speculating. In fact, so are the amateur developers.
Can anyone answer this question. Is it better to have fewer of the higher level fortifications over a large number of medium level?For example, which is preferable. 3 Level 10 forts or 10 Level 7 forts. If you can only use a fort one time then it gets destroyed or removed, I am trying to understand why you just wouldn't want to have a few level 10 for your toughest battles, many more around level 7 for other tough battles, then a large number of lower level towers for fighting very weak opponents. Why would you want to waste a level 10 fort on an opponent you could beat with just a level 4 fort?Everyone would love to have dozens of level 10 forts but with limited resources, that is very hard to do. I am sure some of the super factions don't have this problem, but what is a good strategy if you only have limited resources of concrete. It seems lately concrete blocks are few and far between.

gwmac
01-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Thanks for your reply. I guess I will just go with my gut and try and get a good balance of different level forts and as many as possible above level 4 as I can afford.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Thanks for your reply. I guess I will just go with my gut and try and get a good balance of different level forts and as many as possible above level 4 as I can afford.Somehow, my gut tells me that the bricks will have little, if any; effect.

gwmac
01-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Somehow, my gut tells me that the bricks will have little, if any; effect.

You are probably right. Some days I could get 15 or 20 easily and other days lucky to get any. They sure needed to do a far better job explaining what this WD event is all about. If only the players that have already maxed out pretty much everything can win, what is the point of even trying.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-12-2013, 04:40 PM
You are probably right. Some days I could get 15 or 20 easily and other days lucky to get any. They sure needed to do a far better job explaining what this WD event is all about. If only the players that have already maxed out pretty much everything can win, what is the point of even trying.

I'll clue you in, buddy.

This whole WD madness is about ONE thing, and ONE thing only.

Getting everyone to spend GOOD MONEY for useless junk.

Time to say, no thanks, I'll pass.