PDA

View Full Version : Which is the most useless tool?

RigaTony
01-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Self-explanatory

TonySpaghetti
01-11-2013, 11:19 AM
That doesn't seem very fair, but my vote is for admin for locking threads, followed closely by the magnetic stud finder.

jobadass
01-11-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm guessing your trying to get the hammer?
Funny poll btw...see you when you return:)

TonySpaghetti
01-11-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm annoyed about the locking of the t-shirt thread, but in my defense, this is RigaTony's poll, not mine.

Deluxe
01-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Ha ha 'tool'...

jobadass
01-11-2013, 11:26 AM
What's a Yankee driver?

cooch
01-11-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm annoyed about the locking of the t-shirt thread, but in my defense, this is RigaTony's poll, not mine.

Yep, that ADMIN guy/gal is very sensitive with a very thin skin, forget about not delivering on commitments. What was the pt of locking that discussion out? It will only be repeated throughout this community's discussions. Short of either resolving problems (no comment) or shutting down cc bb's (higher probability) it's like plugging holes in the dam of dissatisfaction for many.

thevlad
01-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Guys come on having this up will get you banned. Just think about it, is it really worth it all?
If it is go right ahead. If you have real issues with the game just contact support...

TonySpaghetti
01-11-2013, 11:28 AM
What's a Yankee driver?

useless screwdriver, but still not as useless as you-know-who....

TonySpaghetti
01-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Guys come on having this up will get you banned. Just think about it, is it really worth it all?
If it is go right ahead. If you have real issues with the game just contact support...

That was the point of that t-shirt thread. Support HAD been contacted, several times, for several different issues. If that fails, what options do we have than to gripe about things here? At least that way, we get some answers. CJ reads these forums. If the Add Me Tuesday thread had been locked (and that thread was full of posts from people saying "wtf?"), nothing would have happened.

Admin needs to calm down with that lock button.

RigaTony
01-11-2013, 11:35 AM
That was the point of that t-shirt thread. Support HAD been contacted, several times, for several different issues. If that fails, what options do we have than to gripe about things here? At least that way, we get some answers. CJ reads these forums. If the Add Me Tuesday thread had been locked (and that thread was full of posts from people saying "wtf?"), nothing would have happened.

I agree.

CJ: Get your dog on a leash.

Deluxe
01-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Vlad that might be one of the stupidest posts ive ever seen

thevlad
01-11-2013, 11:49 AM
In the end they can do as they please... They own the forum lol.
I agree it may not always be fair...
But they have to moderate it in some way. Clearly admin always looks at things from a legal view. The responses are mostly professional. While cj is the community manager and has to deal with customers more from a sales rep standpoint. Still professionally I might add. Just remember in the end they have a huge business to run, your one issue is paired with thousands. Next time you send in a ticket look at the ticket number.... The difference in the ticket number is how many people have contacted Gree support in the timeframe of this and your last ticket sent in.
They work hard, don't bag them. They have a lot on their plates... All I hope for is try to
Focus a little more on cc as well, not just mw and ka.

Hero of Time
01-11-2013, 11:50 AM
I think admin is a total douche.

TonySpaghetti
01-11-2013, 11:51 AM
For once I agree with Hero of Time

Vlad: What legal aspect do you think Admin is concerned with?

thevlad
01-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Sorry what I meant is they give a legal response. It's always well structured and professional

TonySpaghetti
01-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Sorry what I meant is they give a legal response. It's always well structured and professional

I don't know what forum you've been reading, but I haven't seen any evidence of this at all.

CJ54
01-11-2013, 12:19 PM

Spamming multiple sub-forums with the same thread complaining about the same issue is without question the WORST way to have have a concern answered. It will not get something to happen faster.

If you've posted on the forums, you've contacted support, you've contacted me, and something's not moving... that means there is either a major fire that is requiring all available hands, or else it means we cannot physically resolve the request yet (or it means you're asking for something we just can't do, but we'll outright tell you that). I'm not happy either that a lot of contest results were left hanging due to other major factors, and we're actively doing what we can to resolve that. In some cases, especially with the older contests, it takes more time (I have a pretty broad skill-set, but hand-pressing t-shirt designs is not among those. I need to wait for someone with that skill to do that for me).

And I understand that things in general can move slower than people would like sometimes. I do read the forums, so do multiple developers. So do a whole lot of players who PM me about the general state of the forums. The admin (or I, or another moderator) don't generally target anything for locking or removal that isn't either flat-out breaking the posted rules or otherwise making the forums a worse place to be. When people are really upset, you will usually find me in the thick of it trying to address it instead of just locking the thread. But when people go over the line, we enforce the rules. That's part of my job. That's the admin's job. We will continue to do our jobs. The goal is always to make sure the forums are readable and actually worth reading.

I'm going to lock this thread now, with the continued request that people stop discussing staff or moderator actions, or otherwise break the posted guidelines.

EDIT: And if you have a question or concern about a staff or moderator disciplinary action, PM me about it (even if it is mine, I will discuss things rationally with you). Don't make a poll, don't make posts about it.