PDA

View Full Version : MW Boss events completely nerfed?

BigD@wg
01-11-2013, 07:10 AM
It appears to me that boss events have become completely nerfed below boss 15. I have played every boss since they started. I used to get 1 or 2 rare units in the beginning stages every time. Once or twice as many as 5 before level 15. The last 4 boss events have been nothing but commons all the way up to level 15-20. Yes, I know it's supposedly random and getting an uncommon is a low percentage and a rare is an even lower percentage item. However, I now have 3 games going and it is the exact same on all 3. Nothing but common after common after common after common. This is becoming very boring. I play CC and MQ too and have much better results every time. I somehow don't think all 3 MW accounts are just that unlucky?!? Getting closer and closer to quitting all the time.

Sandukan
01-11-2013, 07:15 AM
It's the same for me on CC. I am lucky to get 2 rares and none within the first 10 bosses.

mxz
01-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Your odds of getting commons are an order of magnitude larger than getting a rare. So you're essentially complaining about being lucky before? I guess I don't get the point, do you want them to take away your earlier winnings so your regression to the mean isn't as painful?

Poopenshire
01-11-2013, 07:39 AM
Guys the numbers on the rates didn't change at all. this is just purely random number generation at its finest.

Big John
01-11-2013, 07:40 AM
I got rares on both my accounts.

Sandukan
01-11-2013, 07:42 AM
It's not random.
Random would mean an equal shot at each prize.

It's weighted.

Bala82
01-11-2013, 08:01 AM
I am still waiting for the boss event still says updating on my dataset :(

01-11-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm currently fighting the Boss at level 13 and so far I've received 1 rare, 1 uncommon and 10 common.

The previous one was tougher for me ( I didn't get beyond level 10) but still I got 2 rare.

albeezy
01-11-2013, 08:09 AM
At least it is not like the LTQ in KA where you have to get all 9 units to get an uber stat prize. Last time they did it I beat 37 bosses and only got 2 rares and didnt get the prize for the LTQ. Very frustrated by that! That is why I am not so into boss events in KA anymore and prefer the other LTQs that are not tied to boss events. Especially considering the uncommon units in the KA boss events are so low in stats relative to the dragons and only a rare from the boss event makes my army! Compared to MW the uncommons and even some of the rares in KA are completely lame!

01-11-2013, 08:14 AM
I enjoy playing the Boss events as a free player. Every unit I get brings in some extra A/D strength so I'm happy with these kind of events.
If you spend some, or a lot of, gold in buying heavier units then the Boss units (besides the rare ones) don't add that much, I guess.

Zoltarov
01-11-2013, 08:15 AM
It appears to me that boss events have become completely nerfed below boss 15. I have played every boss since they started. I used to get 1 or 2 rare units in the beginning stages every time. Once or twice as many as 5 before level 15. The last 4 boss events have been nothing but commons all the way up to level 15-20. Yes, I know it's supposedly random and getting an uncommon is a low percentage and a rare is an even lower percentage item. However, I now have 3 games going and it is the exact same on all 3. Nothing but common after common after common after common. This is becoming very boring. I play CC and MQ too and have much better results every time. I somehow don't think all 3 MW accounts are just that unlucky?!? Getting closer and closer to quitting all the time.

I got 4 rares below boss 15 so for me it is not nerfed at all. Best drop rate below 15 ever.
Perhaps you should put more variation in the hits.

Ph4ntom Stranger
01-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Zolt you continue to be "The Man" with rare drops! lol

I'm on 18 and haven't seen a rare yet. The past three events I have ended up with 4 rares each after all is said and done. I hope to at least duplicate that this time as well.

Good luck all!

Thief
01-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Yea i've beaten 20+ Bosses before and gotten 0 Rares. Sometimes your lucky sometimes your unlucky. Hopefully it will all equal out in the end. (Unless you are Zolt...then you probabably got all my Rares :D)

BigD@wg
01-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Your odds of getting commons are an order of magnitude larger than getting a rare. So you're essentially complaining about being lucky before? I guess I don't get the point, do you want them to take away your earlier winnings so your regression to the mean isn't as painful?

I don't expect you to get my point as we don't think alike nor do we ever see eye to eye on anything. All I am saying is that I suspect the percentages for getting a rare unit have been lowered compared to previous events (specifically below level 15). Granted I could have been overly lucky in the past, but I don't think that is the case based on recent trends.

BigD@wg
01-11-2013, 08:49 AM
@Poop
How do you know the percentages haven't been lowered? You got any data I could see. Would be very interested if possible.

BigD@wg
01-11-2013, 08:53 AM
I don't factor Zolt's results into any of this. He is an anomaly when it comes to boss events! Lol!

@zolt - I have mixed it up. Free hits, cash hit, and even gold hits when I didn't need gold hits. No change for me. But thanks for advice. You are always so helpful and it is greatly appreciated!

Force10JC
01-11-2013, 08:55 AM
It appears to me that boss events have become completely nerfed below boss 15. I have played every boss since they started. I used to get 1 or 2 rare units in the beginning stages every time. Once or twice as many as 5 before level 15. The last 4 boss events have been nothing but commons all the way up to level 15-20. Yes, I know it's supposedly random and getting an uncommon is a low percentage and a rare is an even lower percentage item. However, I now have 3 games going and it is the exact same on all 3. Nothing but common after common after common after common. This is becoming very boring. I play CC and MQ too and have much better results every time. I somehow don't think all 3 MW accounts are just that unlucky?!? Getting closer and closer to quitting all the time.I haven't started this one yet but that's how it was for me on the last boss. Brazilian Warlord?

VileDoom
01-11-2013, 09:06 AM
On my level 9 camper my first 2 boss kills netted 2 rares. I'm just glad my wife wasen't in the house to see my little dance in the living room, she just wouldn't understand. Lol

BigD@wg
01-11-2013, 09:16 AM
On my level 9 camper my first 2 boss kills netted 2 rares. I'm just glad my wife wasen't in the house to see my little dance in the living room, she just wouldn't understand. Lol

Bahahaha! Maybe that is what's wrong. I don't have a choreographed victory dance for when I might get one!

dj maj
01-11-2013, 09:47 AM
haha nice one u should rub off some of that luck could use it

BigD@wg
01-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Ok so here's what I have this time. Maybe I was wrong about CC not changing cause it too now sucks:

MW HLP: 20 bosses. 2 uncommon, No rare
MW LLp1: 15 bosses. 1 uncommon, No rare
MW LLP2: 10 bosses. All common, No rare
CC: 21 bosses: 3 uncommon, No rare

66 bosses defeated total and not one rare unit. Thats not even counting the last 3 events for each. If something didn't change... All 4 of my accounts must be the unluckiest players in the world!

Edit: Finally a rare in CC at boss 23. Further proves my point.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Scams and scammers are never random. The scammer does nothing by chance. This scammer has one purpose. If you don't understand what this scammer is up to, you're in a very precarious position.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-12-2013, 02:46 PM
You aren't wrong, BD. You've simply WISED up.
Ok so here's what I have this time. Maybe I was wrong about CC not changing cause it too now sucks:MW HLP: 20 bosses. 2 uncommon, No rareMW LLp1: 15 bosses. 1 uncommon, No rareMW LLP2: 10 bosses. All common, No rareCC: 21 bosses: 3 uncommon, No rare66 bosses defeated total and not one rare unit. Thats not even counting the last 3 events for each. If something didn't change... All 4 of my accounts must be the unluckiest players in the world!

BigD@wg
01-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Scams and scammers are never random. The scammer does nothing by chance. This scammer has one purpose. If you don't understand what this scammer is up to, you're in a very precarious position.

Wise words o' wise one. Haven't seen you around much lately.

1earEddie
01-12-2013, 02:51 PM
1ear seen you both plenty...smartest two players in the game...
1ear say thank you

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Wise words o' wise one. Haven't seen you around much lately.I'm sitting out the "marvelous" WD NONEVENT. Other than that, I've got a few, new, interesting amusements: cutting my toenails, scratching my *$$, napping, reporting to my parole officer, etc... LOL

BigD@wg
01-12-2013, 02:56 PM
1ear seen you both plenty...smartest two players in the game...
1ear say thank you

BigD@wg think 1ear pretty smart too. 1ear whack everyone. 1ear smart. Lol :)

BigD@wg
01-12-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm sitting out the "marvelous" WD NONEVENT. Other than that, I've got a few, new, interesting amusements: cutting my toenails, scratching my *$$, napping, reporting to my parole officer, etc... LOL

Those hobbies sound like a lot of fun PJ. Lol! Im not playing either. Maybe I could join your "me, myself, and I" faction. Lol

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Those hobbies sound like a lot of fun PJ. Lol! Im not playing either. Maybe I could join your "me, myself, and I" faction. Lol

BD, you sure could.

It would be an honor to have you watch the upcoming NONEVENT from deep inside the secure confines of Ft. Dustbowl.

Here you go, BD: 438613672

Nothing else is required to join.

We don't want trinkets, glory, or fame.

We just sit quietly and watch these fools TRY to play this game.

No money needed, no bricks required.

If you want to throw a few bucks into the kitty, or a few loose bricks, you can.

Otherwise, we watch, wait, and wonder.

asdfg12345
01-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Ok so here's what I have this time. Maybe I was wrong about CC not changing cause it too now sucks:

MW HLP: 20 bosses. 2 uncommon, No rare
MW LLp1: 15 bosses. 1 uncommon, No rare
MW LLP2: 10 bosses. All common, No rare
CC: 21 bosses: 3 uncommon, No rare

66 bosses defeated total and not one rare unit. Thats not even counting the last 3 events for each. If something didn't change... All 4 of my accounts must be the unluckiest players in the world!

Edit: Finally a rare in CC at boss 23. Further proves my point.
its called bad luck. I got 3 rares and 6 uncommon out of 21 boss kills.

Recas
01-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Also think its getting weird, previous boss went up to 21 bosses and got 4 or 5 rare s, two where in a row, this one I m struggling on boss 13... 1 uncommon rest all common

Killed nš14 with a level up and that's it for me, finally got a rare, 7 bosses less than previous boss event...

Fedup
01-13-2013, 11:53 AM
13 bosses defeated, 1 uncommon no rares all common as mucks that didnt really add to my stats

Rayda
01-13-2013, 12:26 PM
As another poster says its just random. Obviously weighted random.

For me it's the best event I've had. Done level 21 and I've had 6 rares, 7 uncommons and the rest commons.

Next event I might get nothing worth a damn, way it rolls ......

Tournai
01-14-2013, 08:26 AM

I gues you are not the Only one! I am an addict on Mw and KA, when the events are running my wife gets crazy, cause I spend to much time in it.

They will never understand!

Captain Steelman
01-14-2013, 09:09 AM
After 35 bosses I got 8 rares.... Same as Brazilian Warlord event...

BigD@wg
01-14-2013, 09:12 AM
After 35 bosses I got 8 rares.... Same as Brazilian Warlord event...

Curious if you know how many rare dropped for you below level 15?

Ph4ntom Stranger
01-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Bigd@wg for your data collection, I finished off the boss with only 2 rares - which didn't drop until after #15 this time.

BigD@wg
01-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Bigd@wg for your data collection, I finished off the boss with only 2 rares - which didn't drop until after #15 this time.

Thx for info!

Captain Steelman
01-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Curious if you know how many rare dropped for you below level 15?

Hard to say... Boss lv 31 gave the last rare so I guess I had 3 or 4 after boss 15....

Next time I write everything down....

Paulio
01-14-2013, 11:03 AM
I've gotten 8 rares out of 34 bosses. I was very lucky, but I've also had very poor luck. OP's claims are without merit.

Paulio
01-14-2013, 11:04 AM
I've gotten 8 rares out of 34 bosses. I was very lucky, but I've also had very poor luck. OP's claims are without merit.

Edit: 3 of them came before boss 15

BigD@wg
01-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Hard to say... Boss lv 31 gave the last rare so I guess I had 3 or 4 after boss 15....

Next time I write everything down....

Was just curious if you knew. No need to record next time for me, only do it for your own records.

Good to know. Appears that the streak of commons below 15 on four straight events may be somewhat isolated to my 3 accounts. Good to know that some are having some good luck. I did get 2 rare finally on bosses #23 & # 25.

Corsair
01-14-2013, 11:57 AM
If I didn't have data I'd be agreeing with you, it sure does feel that way. But you just have to look in the Toolkit to see the percentages haven't changed. Same as they always have been. I also refer to my history, and can go back and see even worse records with prior events. The Congo Warlord was terrible for me. But the last one, Brazilian Warlord, I had more uncommons than commons. So it goes.

Colonel Jessup
01-30-2013, 08:15 PM
I've received 16 common 1 uncommon and 1 rare.

dads
01-30-2013, 09:15 PM
For me this boss was the best I've had in a long time,I was getting commons all the way upto 19 & 80% of the time the same ones. This boss gave me a rare on 6 & 3 more after.stopped @ 26.
seems to be differnt for everyone. Some times it's bad then on another boss it's better,just happy I broke my bad luck streak alou shame you didn't do so well this time.

King little fruit fly
01-30-2013, 09:16 PM
What the toolkit didn't tell you is Gree can tamper your account, so the more you good mouth it here, the lower odd of getting the rare. My HLP got 1 rare for the last 2 events, and none for this one, but my silent LLP has 5 rares just this event alone. So I must have done a lot of good greedy mouthing here. :D

waterdog87
01-30-2013, 09:52 PM
it appears to me that boss events have become completely nerfed below boss 15. I have played every boss since they started. I used to get 1 or 2 rare units in the beginning stages every time. Once or twice as many as 5 before level 15. The last 4 boss events have been nothing but commons all the way up to level 15-20. Yes, i know it's supposedly random and getting an uncommon is a low percentage and a rare is an even lower percentage item. However, i now have 3 games going and it is the exact same on all 3. Nothing but common after common after common after common. This is becoming very boring. I play cc and mq too and have much better results every time. I somehow don't think all 3 mw accounts are just that unlucky?!? Getting closer and closer to quitting all the time.

same here for me