PDA

View Full Version : Kindle fire users: Amazon mw update

Force10JC
01-11-2013, 06:17 AM
If you are a Kindle Fire user, you probably have figured out that you don't have the latest version of MW like every other device user does. What you are probably wondering is why? After doing some prodding with Amazon over the course of several e-mails to their customer service department, it seems I have discovered the answer.

If you read the forums with any regularity, you probably know that there have been quite a few glitches with this new version that we can't access. What you may not know is that whenever Apps are sent to Amazon by a Developer to make available in their app store, they are first reviewed by Amazon's app Review Team. From what Amazon is telling me they really put apps through the ringer test-wise before releasing them in their store to ensure the "app works as intended, doesn’t impair the functionality of the mobile device, and doesn't put customer data at risk." Apparently the latest version of MW has not yet satisfied this criteria enough for Amazon to feel comfortable releasing it in their store yet. Based on all of the bugs and glitches, I've been reading about here in the forums, that would seem to coincide with Amazon's reluctance to release it in their app store.

If I hear anything else about this I will pass it along here in the forum.

Big O
01-11-2013, 07:01 AM
I have a KF too. We may never get to join a faction! BTW - No scratchers yet either :/

pzierz
01-20-2013, 02:06 AM
Is anyone else experiencing these? Know if anything's being done to fix them?

I was considering xferring my CC to a new android phone - are these issues specific to Kindle Fire, or will the new phone have the same issues since their both android-base?

Thanks in advance,
ez pz

rce
01-20-2013, 04:00 AM
If you are a Kindle Fire user, you probably have figured out that you don't have the latest version of MW like every other device user does. What you are probably wondering is why? After doing some prodding with Amazon over the course of several e-mails to their customer service department, it seems I have discovered the answer.

If you read the forums with any regularity, you probably know that there have been quite a few glitches with this new version that we can't access. What you may not know is that whenever Apps are sent to Amazon by a Developer to make available in their app store, they are first reviewed by Amazon's app Review Team. From what Amazon is telling me they really put apps through the ringer test-wise before releasing them in their store to ensure the "app works as intended, doesn’t impair the functionality of the mobile device, and doesn't put customer data at risk." Apparently the latest version of MW has not yet satisfied this criteria enough for Amazon to feel comfortable releasing it in their store yet. Based on all of the bugs and glitches, I've been reading about here in the forums, that would seem to coincide with Amazon's reluctance to release it in their app store.

If I hear anything else about this I will pass it along here in the forum.

Very interesting, thank you for sharing that.

Big O
01-20-2013, 06:38 AM
Is anyone else experiencing these? Know if anything's being done to fix them?

I was considering xferring my CC to a new android phone - are these issues specific to Kindle Fire, or will the new phone have the same issues since their both android-base?

Thanks in advance,
ez pz
I don't think you can transfer a kindle account to something other than another kindle. I've tried to switch mine over to an android phone, but it wouldn't. Besides, a lot of the problems you are having with your kindle still exist on android.

dbell525
01-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Sort of makes sense, but it's still baffling why they still only have version 2.0.2. Everyone else is up to 3.5?? I think. Stupid.

Force10JC
01-21-2013, 06:06 AM
Sort of makes sense, but it's still baffling why they still only have version 2.0.2. Everyone else is up to 3.5?? I think. Stupid.Like I said in the earlier post, I feel it is likely due to all of the bug issues with MW. That's just my opinion after experiencing bugs in the game and reading about such bugs experienced by others here in the forums, as well as. In addition I also form the opinion after considering comments/responses I've received from Amazon about the way their "Review Team" handles the approval of apps for release in their app store.

Big O
01-21-2013, 07:07 AM
It's nice not having buildings missing, and having to restart all the time, but sometimes I wish Amazon would just release the updates.Problems or no, at least I would have the whole game. (Or as much of it as they'll give android users)

BTW. Nice avitar Force. It's a crime they're not in the HOF.

Force10JC
01-21-2013, 09:55 AM
It's nice not having buildings missing, and having to restart all the time, but sometimes I wish Amazon would just release the updates.Problems or no, at least I would have the whole game. (Or as much of it as they'll give android users)

BTW. Nice avitar Force. It's a crime they're not in the HOF.They just got inducted last month.

Big O
01-21-2013, 10:07 AM
They just got inducted last month.
Great news! I remember hearing the nominations on the radio a couple of months ago, but never heard the inductee list.

Clownius
01-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Maybe CJ would be nice enough to link a place to download a newer version of MW. Considering Android devices usually let you install apps outside the Play store or similar.

Force10JC
01-22-2013, 06:03 AM
**UPDATE** Gree answered my ticket but not really. They said I should uninstall and reinstall my app and that would get me the current version. LOL! I think someone forgot to tell the Gree CS Reps that AMAZON DOESN'T HAVE THE CURRENT VERSION so no amount of shutting down and opening my device or uninstalling/reinstalling the app is going to do a thing to get me out of version 2.02 short of getting a new device to play the game. Anyway I've tried to do both daily and for S & G I did it again after Gree sent me their resolution and nothing has changed.

And if anyone from Gree actually reads this, I have sent a new ticket on this matter since you closed the original without resolution.

Big O
01-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Force, what does your ticket info say? I sent in a ticket recently, it says version 3.0 ; build 27. Maybe they aren't getting the correct version when the tickets are sent. I don't know how the ver. data is gathered. Just a thought.

Force10JC
01-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Force, what does your ticket info say? I sent in a ticket recently, it says version 3.0 ; build 27. Maybe they aren't getting the correct version when the tickets are sent. I don't know how the ver. data is gathered. Just a thought.Yep mine says the same thing but Amazon's App Store says 2.02 in description and I obviously don't have the current versions no matter what you call it. I think it's up to 3.5 now anyway.

Force10JC
01-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Maybe CJ would be nice enough to link a place to download a newer version of MW. Considering Android devices usually let you install apps outside the Play store or similar.Read the entire thread before posting. I will repeat for clarity. Kindle users only have access to apps from Amazon's App store. Google Play, Android, Tapjoy, etc. will not recognize the Kindle Fire for downloads. The only other way I've seen to download an app to a Kindle fire is by copying an apk file directly to the device from a PC. I'm not sure if that is even possible for this app because I am not that savy with this kind of stuff. Gree's developers would certainly know but apparently the CS Reps that are responding to tickets don't.

Clownius
01-22-2013, 08:34 AM
It should be possible to get hold of an .apk and install it. Thats how all Android programs are installed as far as i know. Its just done in the background. As long as the kindle will let you install the .apk i cant see the issue. Be nice if someone from Gree could link one here for you and write a quick run down on installing it.