PDA

View Full Version : Skill Point Spending

Apocalo
01-10-2013, 09:17 AM
How important is having a high energy level later on in the game? So far I haven't heard anything about do actual missions since from what I've gathered the money is so little it is not worth it (If I'm wrong please clarify for me). I am a LLP Camper but I don't really know what to spend my skill points on now. So far I've just been buying Stamina and defense. But if for every skill point your defense only goes up by 1 then I don't think its worth spending them in that category any more. So really my question is what are best things for later on to spend skill points on?

jobadass
01-10-2013, 09:24 AM
It depends on your play style. I get my stamina up to where I am comfortable (62 now) and spend the rest on attack and defense. Each point is more like a factor of 100, not one.
Energy is pretty much useless to me unless I'm going farming.

Force10JC
01-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Yeah, it depends on how you want to play. If you prefer farming PVE, then I would spend 1 skill point on energy every time you level with the other 2 going to attack and defense whenever you gain a level. Then every time you complete a PVE site, you could spend that skill point on Energy as well.

I personally apply 2 to defense on level up and 1 on attack while only applying the 1 SP for completing a PVE site to Energy. This will change later as I stop camping and gain in levels as I undoubtedly will want to spend some on Stamina too.

mikebarth1955
01-10-2013, 10:21 AM
How important is having a high energy level later on in the game? So far I haven't heard anything about do actual missions since from what I've gathered the money is so little it is not worth it (If I'm wrong please clarify for me). I am a LLP Camper but I don't really know what to spend my skill points on now. So far I've just been buying Stamina and defense. But if for every skill point your defense only goes up by 1 then I don't think its worth spending them in that category any more. So really my question is what are best things for later on to spend skill points on?
Now that I am well up in whale territory, I spend all of my points on Energy. I do the PvE Bosses to raise money. For example, Michail Evangelos in Northeast Asia/Hijacked Port requires 27 hits at 669 energy per hit, which is a total of 18,063 to get the money and loot drop. I don't know what unit he drops, but the money ranges between $7.7 million and $17.9 million, for an average of $12.8 million. I have hit him 26 times, so I have 26 out of the 27 needed. I then move on to the next boss. As of today, I have six bosses out there where one more hit gives me the money and the loot drop. If I hit all six of them today, the payout (assuming the average for each) would total $35 million, and I would need 2,830 energy to get all of them. I'm going to work on Helena Morrigan next in Tasman Sea/Bioweapon Factory (25 hits, total energy 16375, average payout $11 million). That's how I save up for Anniversary Centers and big upgrades like Oil Rigs and Nanos.

In the meantime, when I'm not taking the minute or so to make those hits a few times a day, I'm doing PvP to get valor points. But its like jobadass said, it depends on your play style.

dthfrmabv
01-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Well it depends now on the game...

nic4msu
01-10-2013, 10:28 AM
If you're a non-gold player & get far enough in the game, you reach a point where the only way to get units with high enough stats and low enough casualty is through PvE farming. You'll really want those energy points then.

Thief
01-10-2013, 11:07 AM
It Really Depends on Your Level and Gamply Style.

Looking at the "end game" (lvl 200)
IMHO you want to have 25+ Stamina (but i would cap it at 50)
You want to have at least 1300 Energy (Again this will allow you to at least keep participating in PVE for farming)
Then Distribute your Attack and Defense Points how you see fit.